The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to fillups44's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:55 PM

fillups44 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to fillups44 Send a message via Yahoo to fillups44
God of War Video Games

Have any of you played the God of War games on the PS2 system. While I realize the physiques present in God of War run a little to the lean type for this group but the game is so focused on power and strength and fighting giants that parts of it feel like a musclegrowth story. The story is amazing and the graphics of both games are awesome. It definitely is all about masculine power and domination and when the main character is turned into a giant or fighting guys who have been turned into giants its a turn on--to me anyway!
Anyone else feel this way??
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2007, 06:34 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Never played em, but I'll play anything when you describe it that way, even if it was something completely mindless.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #3   Add to otkuman2003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2007, 06:36 PM
The Beast Master

otkuman2003 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to otkuman2003 Send a message via MSN to otkuman2003 Send a message via Yahoo to otkuman2003
yep... both games are awesome. I loved the second game more though (storywise). First game... i got up to the final boss... and my game froze... so i never beat it (i know what happens though). Can't wait for GoW3... there will be a GIANT war (literally), since Kratos went back in time and brought back every titan that ever lived to kill the Gods of Olympus.
Like a blade
-Kubo Tite
  #4   Add to fillups44's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:56 PM

The games are awesome--masterpieces of their kind.
If you like the movie 300 at all, I would say the God of War games are even better!
There are a couple of great Youtube videos that give you the feeling the games. I love this Ghost of Sparta video that combines footage from the games with the soundtrack of 300 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAQUukC7JWA

There is also this great trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwaUIShOM54
The game IS as awesome as it looks and I recommend it to gaming fans of muscle and strength in a game (mixed with a lot of mythology). Enjoy!
  #5   Add to otkuman2003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
The Beast Master

otkuman2003 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to otkuman2003 Send a message via MSN to otkuman2003 Send a message via Yahoo to otkuman2003
dont forget how much of an ANTI-hero Kratos is. I really enjoy the very first scene in the game when u think hes going to save the sailor in the hydras mouth, but ends up killing the dude just to get the key to the captains den so he could rape the women inside.
Like a blade
-Kubo Tite
  #6   Add to fillups44's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:20 AM

Part of what makes the game fun is that Kratos is such a bad ass. You feel during the course of the game that there is nothing he can't take on. That he has the power and the attitude to take on a god--which he does in BOTH games. He takes on titans too.
I think though that his plan wasn't necessarily to rape the women and he doesn't actually force anyone to have sex with him. I think he needed to get in to fulfill the next step of his journey. Still he kills anyone that gets in his way. Even people (like the hydra guy) that don't.
  #7   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:06 AM

vlad is on a distinguished road
hooray, people talking about gaming. Both titles are some of the best action games every produced, with a nice mix of awesome fighting and environmental puzzle solving (especially in GOW2). I liked the story in 1 better, actually, because Kratos was a more complex character while in 2 he's just really really angry all the time, but both are engaging stories. Don't forget about the PSP Gow of War: Chains of Olympus coming out this fall and God of War 3 probably in 2009 for PS3.

and oh yeah, the game is simply soaked in hypermasculinity, if that's your thing. Lots of aggressive characters, lots of muscle, lots of power.
  #8   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 10th, 2007, 08:59 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Personally, I'm stuck in GoW and I may not get out just because I don't like Kratos (although I'd fuck him if he were real. He's hot, dammit.) I'm not fond of the concept of being "trapped" in a character in a video game but with Kratos you end up doing some really twisted things that spoiled the game for me. I like anti-Heroes but Kratos is a downright villain.
  #9   Add to fillups44's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachirobi
Personally, I'm stuck in GoW and I may not get out just because I don't like Kratos (although I'd fuck him if he were real. He's hot, dammit.) I'm not fond of the concept of being "trapped" in a character in a video game but with Kratos you end up doing some really twisted things that spoiled the game for me. I like anti-Heroes but Kratos is a downright villain.
Is it GOW I that you're stuck in? I understand why the character repulses you in some way but there are reasons why he is the way he is. It does seem that he does some twisted things but he has cause and in some ways he's a plaything of the gods that goes out of control and fights back.
I've often considered Kratos one of the best developed and deepest characters in gaming. I know there are other great characters (I like Solid Snake and Sephiroth as well as a host of others). But when Kratos' full backstory in GOW I is revealed it seemed inevitable and powerful. Good stuff!!
  #10   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 11th, 2007, 01:30 AM

vlad is on a distinguished road
I think Kratos being such a bad guy is a good sign for gaming too, in terms of narrative depth and pushing new boundaries. David Jaffe wanted to make a character who was hateful and spiteful, who would do unspeakable things to get what he wants, and he did so very well. I agree that sometimes it's sick and over the top, and I don't necessarily like his character, but he's interesting and different. If Kratos is villanous, which can definitely be argued for, then you also have to say that all the gods he fighting against on Olympus, with their betrayals and petty squabbling, are just as dispicable. Ares tricked Kratos into killing his wife and child. Zeus destroys Sparta in GOW2 (sorry if that's a spoiler). They're villians even more than Kratos...and I like the idea of both sides doing horrible things to achieve their ends.

Oh Snake. We all love Snake. =) Can't wait for MGS4 this fall!!

Btw, I don't know when this forum turned into a gaming forum, but i like it!
  #11   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 26th, 2007, 06:37 AM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad
I think Kratos being such a bad guy is a good sign for gaming too, in terms of narrative depth and pushing new boundaries. [...]

Oh Snake. We all love Snake. =) Can't wait for MGS4 this fall!!
What, didn't any of you find Leisure Suit Larry to be a complex, fully-realized anti-hero?

...I'll just shut up and go back to my Jell-O and my Lawrence Welk now.

-Pup
  #12   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 26th, 2007, 02:38 PM
R O C K S T A R

I've always wanted to play LSL. When I was little I knew I couldn't because they were marked as grown-ups games (Yes, kids do self censor. No, you can't use it as an excuse. Ever.) I was especially interested in LSL 3: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals. I wonder why? (Google for the box art. Wowza!)

By the way, I am STILL stuck in God of War. And I still don't like Kratos but I always drool over fan art of him. Such a sexy villain.
  #13   Add to fillups44's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM

Has anyone caught GOW III yet?? It's pretty awesome stuff. Lots of super strength stuff and the scale is amazing. Of course it is violent but that is a part of the series!!

This video gives a taste of the scale and some of the superhuman feats that Kratos is able to pull off!!
  #14   Add to kezzz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 4th, 2010, 05:23 PM

kezzz is on a distinguished road
I got GoW Ultimate edition.

http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19123
  #15   Add to ljobenza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Master of the Neko

ljobenza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ljobenza
So yah, I'm probably the only one who absolutely hates everything about Kratos and I find it depressing people actually find him inspirational.
  #16   Add to fillups44's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:12 AM

He is a total ass. And I wouldn't ever call him inspirational. But there is a vicarious pleasure in dipping into untamed savagery and that's what Kratos is.

There are reasons for his savagery but at the end of the day, he has caused as much or more misery on others that has been inflicted on him. Still it is fun to play a complete Bastard (in the literal and figurative sense) sometimes.
  #17   Add to fillups44's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:18 AM

ON God of War III. It's an interesting final chapter. I like the ending. The game has many amazing moments and yet it's not quite what the first two were. Of course, technically it is more polished and beautiful.

But it's missing moments like arriving in front of huge, ancient environment taking in the awesome, awesome size and then just going in after it. Certainly Mount Olympus (where most of the action takes place) is an awesome place with many incredible environments but it doesn't "feel" the way the huge building on the titan's back did or the amazing island connected to giant horses in the other two games.

Having said that, I still felt it was one of the best games I've played this year and I recommend it to forum members who enjoy the savage and brutal side of strength and power. There are a lot of strength feats in this game and it certainly can get the testosterone pumping!!
  #18   Add to fillups44's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:20 AM

ON God of War III. It's an interesting final chapter. I like the ending. The game has many amazing moments and yet it's not quite what the first two were. Of course, technically it is more polished and beautiful.

But it's missing moments like arriving in front of huge, ancient environment taking in the awesome, awesome size and then just going in after it. Certainly Mount Olympus (where most of the action takes place) is an awesome place with many incredible environments but it doesn't "feel" the way the huge building on the titan's back did or the amazing island connected to giant horses in the other two games.

Having said that, I still felt it was one of the best games I've played this year and I recommend it to forum members who enjoy the savage and brutal side of strength and power. There are a lot of strength feats in this game and it certainly can get the testosterone pumping!!
  #19   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2010, 03:50 PM
R O C K S T A R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljobenza View Post
So yah, I'm probably the only one who absolutely hates everything about Kratos and I find it depressing people actually find him inspirational.
Umm, did you not read my posts? I hate him too! (But I'd still fuck him.)
  #20   Add to kezzz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 7th, 2010, 07:38 AM

kezzz is on a distinguished road
Just finished the game... am a bit puzzled with the ending though... Anyway, I got GoW I and II (for PS3) to play catch up now... I never played the series before until recently with GoW III, I got myself a PSP as well so GoW on PSP be the next one soon.

Interestingly, I let the end credit goes and there was a short snippet, Kratos is not where he was... mmmm...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options