The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2007, 08:36 PM

plaindudefornow is on a distinguished road
Feeling brave today for some reason...

been here and there on the board for a while now...felt brave today for some odd reason so thought id post. ive been wanting to work out and change myself for a while now. back in november i started a new job and well a co worker and i got to talking and he decided to help train me (something i really needed for motivation because working out alone just wasnt working for me energy wise)

well, due to the x mas rush we didnt start till january. since then i have seen some changes. the work outs havent always been consistent but...that is due to scheduling problems. come summer my friend says he wont be taking classes and he will put me through hell which will make everything ive done up till now look like pussy shit so...here is to hoping.

any changes so far have been minor in my eyes. small stuff like...noticing muscles actually moving while i dry my hands on the towels. being able to start bouncing what little muscle in my chest i have slightly. a general firming up of areas. im a thinner dude btw. back in january i weighed about id say 150 and my height is around 6 1. now, height i THINK is the same and according to mr. scale im more like 165.

i dont know much of the weights ive been using because my trainer doesnt let me see them. he says itd distract me but, i know at the start my max bench was only around a poor 100 lb range. last work out, i managed to push out a single rep at 165 (assisted by my trainer, although he says i should be able to do it all by myself in no time because he wasnt really helping that much.) there have also been other minor things ive noticed but i am not sure if its my imagination or not. like my shirts fitting funny. like...when i stretch my stomach tends to get exposed more. i also accidently broke my pen the other day. i was gripping it (it was a cheap plastic pen) but yeah...i guess i accidently gripped to hard and it cracked under the cushion grip.

i also have a tiny tummy now because im focusing more on increasing my strength and size than really caring much about body fat. not that i am calorie loading or anything. im eating roughly the same as i did before (although i eat LESS at each meal now just more times a day. its how my stomach works now i guess) and im taking a whey protein shake and vitamins. the tummy isnt so much like im fat i guess its more that i went from thin to more average.

wow this was a long little rant. wonder if anyone will even read or comment heh. anyway umm...i guess ill check back and post up if anything else interesting comes to mind or if anyone starts asking questions.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to 13 of Spades's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2007, 05:17 AM

13 of Spades is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 13 of Spades Send a message via Yahoo to 13 of Spades
Sounds like you're making progress with the workouts that you're getting. These results sound awesome, and I can't wait to see how much you change. Good luck during the summer when he whips you into shape!
  #3   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2007, 04:03 AM

ok, well...not that anyone really noticed/read the first post but i decided to post up again for my own benefit. there has been some changes here and there abouts. been trying my best to keep up with the work outs but...due to certain...bumps in the road i havent always been able to do it as much as i should.

what i have done to motivate myself was i took some stats in i think it was june and wrote a goal for september 1st. not sure if ill make the goal but...that isnt as important as trying my best to reach that goal, right? well anyway lemme post up the original measures from then and then ill write where im currently at.

back on 6/23/07 my arms were 11 1/2 unflexed chest was 37 and i weighed in at about 168. currently my unflexed arm is more like 12 now. didnt measure chest. i wasnt even going to do the arm but i sorta just gave in to temptation. also my weight is now at 170. so that makes from jan when i started 20. not great but...its something. considering im vegetarian and my work out hasnt been as regular as it SHOULD be, im pretty content with it. im going to try and push harder to make the goals ive set for myself. my overall firmness has gone up and i have sorta been practicing moving what little chest i have and my control is getting better. oh and for bench assisted i managed to do 175 5 times a couple weeks ago which was nifty.

well here is to trying harder. sorry for no pics but...i still dont really think i have much worth showing.
  #4   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2007, 10:30 AM

Just wanted to say thanks to the few who took time to message. At least I know I wasnt completely ignored haha. Ill keep workin hard.
  #5   Add to jackedgunz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2007, 10:43 AM

jackedgunz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jackedgunz
Good work

Dude - nice increases. Keep it up. I'd measure the gunz flexed and pumped. Pics r a good way to see how ur progressing too. Wait til the first time someone comments on those pipes dude. It's great.
  #6   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2007, 07:54 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaindudefornow
sorry for no pics but...i still dont really think i have much worth showing.
Well, do take some monthly pics anyway to privately track of your progress. They'll make for great "before" shots to your future "after" shots when you're huge.

Keep on pumpin'.
  #7   Add to Wild's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2007, 10:59 PM

Wild is on a distinguished road
Heh... to be honest, I'm your size. Like... exactly. So I wouldn't mind seeing a picture or two of your progress. ^-^
  #8   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 30th, 2007, 02:49 AM

Hmm...everyone seems to want picks. oh and for the comment about measuring flexed i have in the past i am just holding off until sep 1st to do that again. as for pics...i suppose i should just get over shy and post...MAYBE...big maybe...
  #9   Add to b.spencer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 30th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Gaining Muscle Rep by Rep

b.spencer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to b.spencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaindudefornow
Hmm...everyone seems to want picks. oh and for the comment about measuring flexed i have in the past i am just holding off until sep 1st to do that again. as for pics...i suppose i should just get over shy and post...MAYBE...big maybe...
Dude, you've made some great progress, and you should be proud of it. I'd love to see your pics, too, but do it when you're ready. I know what it was like before I posted my first pics. Shy doesn't describe it -- I was scared shitless. But everybody been nothing but great to me, and it's really helped me in the gym. Just keep pushing harder and harder and you'll get every result you want.

Brad
  #10   Add to gb123's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2007, 06:49 AM

gb123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to gb123
Sounds like you are on a winning road, you should definately do some pics, nothing better than looking back on what you used to look like and seeing the difference.

One of the best motivatiors there is in my opinion.
  #11   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 1st, 2008, 12:24 AM

Forget everything above this

thats right...forget it all lol. ill make a long story as short as possible. after july or so my work outs went to heck in a handbasket. became VERY sporadic and just outright sucked. lots of different reasons, non of which are good. i also lost my training partner cause well...he got a life lol.

i also found out most of the old stats and weights were well...wrong because of the "assisted" factor. the weights i could put out on my own were...considerably less. not sure if it was because he was helping a lot, if it was because of motivation of another person being there or what but solo i sucked hardcore which really discouraged me. in short...any real gains i made sorta went down the toilet...

fastforward to the new year. i decide i have NO excuses. work season is slowing down...i have money to buy new equipment...i have time...so i do. ive invested about 600 dollars in equipment and still plan to put in more. i even bought a program guide that a friend recommended cause he used it in high school. (for anyone curious its called bigger faster stronger...i dont follow it exactly...made some creative changes with a friend)

i just finished the work out that makes it a full 2 months since i started and my work outs have only increased in being awesome lol. no more problems doing it alone really...(still cant do as much as i did with the friend around) but...with the new program i feel like im building better quality muscle than i did last year. this time i can actually notice some really nice visually differances.

chest sticks out some and i can bounce it a bit (yaaay...can be distracting though...) my arms show better even not flexed. quads are more solid. overall i just feel a lot better with all the stuff and i am making steady gains. arms are at about 13 or so flexed now (lil more on a good day lol) chest (which is hard to measure alone) is about 38 (maybe a lil more). weight is at about 172 now and i dunno bf%. have a bit of a stomach and some side going but...buying running shoes tomorrow so thatll end up taking care of that haha.

on a related note...clothing is getting annoying which is how i know ive added. pants...are tighter in the legs than i recall and on some of my smaller shirts the armpit area just feels tense. overall im really happy. this next week im dedicating to re testing my maxes so...i might post that up. cheers!
  #12   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 1st, 2008, 07:19 AM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Hurray!

Good for you for getting back on the horse, as they say, and sticking with it! I'm glad you are seeing good gains - keep it up and you'll only get bigger!
  #13   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 24th, 2008, 04:35 PM

ok not a lot to update in words. working out has been going ok. weights are going up...although not nearly as fast as id like and frankly im still weak as heck but lol progress.

i thought id finally be brave and post some pics. unfortunately, i dont have starting pics. closest i got is on my myspace (myspace.com/laharlsama07) but most of those are pretty old aside from the pic with the cat.

i took some shots in march though with a video and posted them on my photobucket account. i locked the folder but the password is nintendo.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...%20march%2008/
  #14   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 26th, 2008, 05:52 AM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Glad to see you're keeping at your rediscovered drive to get huge. How's your nutrition/diet like?
  #15   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 26th, 2008, 09:19 PM

with diet im doin the best i can manage but i also kno i have things to fix there.

hehe but based on the overflow of comments in this thread haha guess i still got a ton to do.
  #16   Add to plaindudefornow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:16 PM

was bored last night....made another vid...lol i know its silly since im not big yet but eh...i could DEFINATELY use the practice haha.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...%20and%20vids/
  #17   Add to LittleArm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 3rd, 2008, 04:03 PM

LittleArm
Send a message via Yahoo to LittleArm
I'm impressed with the amount of muscle control you already have with your pecs. As they get bigger and bigger, the bouncing is going to be pretty amazing!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options