The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to plasmatic20's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Massivist

plasmatic20 is on a distinguished road
Online Training

Just seeing if any others here have had good experiences with using online trainers/nutritionists and what kind of results.

I've only had a few experiences, both I was ripped off unfortunately. Was making good results with the second but he decided to up and take the money without delivering what he said he would at the cut phase.
--I took the risk of finding people online so I guess I'm not completely shocked.
On the bright side I received a meal plan from a bb'er (now turned pro) and have been using since with it working pretty well.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2013, 04:19 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatic20 View Post
Just seeing if any others here have had good experiences with using online trainers/nutritionists and what kind of results.

I've only had a few experiences, both I was ripped off unfortunately. Was making good results with the second but he decided to up and take the money without delivering what he said he would at the cut phase.
--I took the risk of finding people online so I guess I'm not completely shocked.
On the bright side I received a meal plan from a bb'er (now turned pro) and have been using since with it working pretty well.
You will be better off just doing as much research as you can. Bodybuilding.com has a lot of programs, diets and work out plans that the novice can read up on and do quite well with. An in person personal trainer is only as good as the trainee and how well they communicate their goals to the trainer. Try learning as much on your own, if people see that you are dedicated they will be willing to give advice if you ask educated questions. I someone at your gym has had good progress ask them for some advice. But as a beginner you are best off working primarily on the big 3 exercises squats, deadlifts and bench press. Diet is even more important than training, before I would ask for a trainer to set up a routine I would find someone knowledgeable about nutrition and get a good diet that meets your goals. But it is important that you communicate those goals otherwise you will just get a program that is really made for someone else.
  #3   Add to plasmatic20's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Massivist

plasmatic20 is on a distinguished road
I guess there's the assumption that I am novice. This is in more regards to training/nutrition for contest prep; the "big 3" lifts are good but not solely sufficient for bodybuilding.
  #4   Add to sexyactionnick's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2014, 05:27 PM

sexyactionnick is on a distinguished road
Stay away from bodybuilding boards and never ask for advice. All people will tell you is "do lots of research."
  #5   Add to FitKoala's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2014, 11:09 AM

FitKoala is on a distinguished road
I have received a little online coaching but prefer the face to face. I think if it's diet related online is great, but I prefer "live" coaching for workouts. I also use the MyMuscle app and website for tracking diet/fitness/progress and talking to trainers.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options