The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Fantasies and Story Ideas
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Fantasies and Story Ideas Got a great idea for a muscle growth story or want to share some of your growth fantasies? Post them here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Shahrazad2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 3rd, 2013, 10:19 PM

Shahrazad2 is on a distinguished road
Baring Bones Sequels

Hey guys, I'm in the process of writing a sequel to my paranormal muscle growth story, Baring Bones

My idea is that Angelo (the narrator, whose supernatural heritage is still at least partially a mystery) and Kellan (a ghost-powered growing indie rocker) encounter additional monsters and supernatural creatures who either experience or cause different kinds of muscle growth (a guy bitten by a werewolf, for instance, might develop both muscle and body/facial hair as the beast emerges... but a mad scientist plotting to build the perfect bodybuilder using Dr. Frankenstein's methods might prefer hairless muscles, and a lovecraftian horror entering the world through the muscles of a hapless young swimmer might evidence a completely different physique from either of them), always around Halloween (though I might have shorter stories occur at other times in the year instead).

I chose the title "Baring Bones" because Kellan was originally dressed in a skintight skeleton costume that gradually tore apart revealing more and more of his musculature and endowment as he grew. The next story, "Pumping Blood," is going to involve a muscle-draining vampire, and I'm trying to come up with similarly clever titles for the other stories.

However, I'm a little stuck for a name for the series as a whole. "Baring Bones" or "Baring Bones: Pumping Blood," etc, might be the best way of ensuring old fans can easily find the stories all together (though that could just as easily happen just by looking up what I've written on here, and I try to include links to the next and previous chapters in all of the related posts). Or I could just stick to "Pumping Blood" and make each story more distinct. Or I could come up with an overarching title, linking each story (Monster Muscle: Pumping Blood, Spooky Growth: Baring Bones, Angelo & Kellan's Halloween Adventures: Baring Bones, Halloween Knights: Pumping Blood), etc.

Of course, I could also just begin each post with "This story is part of a series. For the first story, Baring Bones, click this link," etc.

What do you guys think? Am I overthinking this?

Also, are there any monsters or supernatural effects or kinds of muscle growth you'd be interested in having Angelo and Kellan and their monstrous friends investigate? Pumping Blood should include vampires, a bdsm convention, and an older, naturally muscular man growing even bigger.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shahrazad2 For This Useful Post:
Jaekel (October 4th, 2013), panama (October 11th, 2013), xboy (October 4th, 2013)
  #2   Add to vga518's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 8th, 2013, 08:46 PM

vga518 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to vga518 Send a message via Skype™ to vga518
Given the fact that Game of Thrones and all the subsequent books are collectively known as the A Song of Fire and Ice Series. I feel your series can have an Overall name. Another series that also uses that method is The Mortal Instruments Series which starts with City of Bones.
I'm not good with titles but I will throw this idea into the hat: A Compendium of Creatures

Also Pumping Blood sounds like a perfect name for the next installment in this franchise that you are crafting.

The Following User Says Thank You to vga518 For This Useful Post:
Shahrazad2 (October 9th, 2013)
  #3   Add to leedsmusic's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2013, 04:51 PM

leedsmusic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to leedsmusic
werewolf idea

sounds good to me you can do it in the similar vein and go with the werewolf costume eventually changes the man into a real life "werewolf" muscled were wolf with the help of the scientist? It's up to you. Sounds good to me tho.
The Following User Says Thank You to leedsmusic For This Useful Post:
Shahrazad2 (October 15th, 2013)
  #4   Add to atm94404's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 14th, 2013, 01:18 PM

atm94404 is on a distinguished road
How about the "Spirit and Flesh" series? Angelo represents the spirit, and Kellan represents the flesh. As for other creatures, how about an incubus? This one isn't evil, but A&K initially think he is because the incubus is a teenager who doesn't know his own heritage. He both takes and gives muscle depending on whether he bottoms or tops. The kid almost kills a guy by accident when the guy forces the incubus to give him a blow job and it gets out of control.
The Following User Says Thank You to atm94404 For This Useful Post:
Shahrazad2 (October 15th, 2013)
  #5   Add to Shahrazad2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 15th, 2013, 11:33 PM

Shahrazad2 is on a distinguished road
VGA518, I might just call it "A Halloween Story" given that I vaguely had that tagline on the first chapter of Baring Bones. That particular collective title just doesn't seem very exciting, though. "A Compendium of Creatures" is an interesting idea (particularly if I keep up the tradition of having Angelo's notes about various creatures at the end of each story), though I'm not sure it captures the specifically spooky, creeping, halloween feel I'm aiming for with each story. I'm glad you like Pumping Blood, though especially since I'm nearly done the first of seven segments (which may be combined into 3-4 chapters, especially since the first segment doesn't feature noticeable growth).

leedsmusic, I am trying to hammer out an idea for a werewolf story, but I've always been unimpressed by werewolf halloween costumes. The masks, clawed hands, clawed feet, etc are rather uncomfortable-looking, and don't sufficiently appear either lupine (real wolves don't look anything like those) nor mythical. Same with "Wolfman" facial hair and tusks. I think when I do make a werewolf story, it will be more like something from Werewolf: The Apocalypse or Werewolf: The Forsaken in style.

atm94404, I'll consider "Spirit and Flesh", though I'm still not sure it conveys the whole theme I intend for the series, and Angelo and Kellan each have physical and spiritual sides to their characters and abilities (Angelo is more easily attracted to others, and he is the flesh and blood of angels and some other monsters; Kellan has various ghostly powers left over from being possessed and has a greater connection to the Dead than Angelo does). As for incubi, I was considering having a story featuring such creatures, but if I do, it will probably be a bit down the line (since vampires are stylistically similar to incubi in many ways), and will probably be a bit more subtle (incubi are related to dreams and seduction a lot more than just sex, after all). I do think, however, that you should consider writing your incubus story... it is a good idea, and you can probably give it life far better than I could.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options