You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 10th, 2013, 01:18 PM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
How Big Guys view Little Guys

I am just curious as to how Big Guys view Little Guys when the little guys see them as an object of desire. As a little guy, I can testify to experiences I have had where I have been into big guys, and the big guys view smaller guys as not sexually compatible due to the difference in size? Is this the general consensus among big bodybuilders or are these most likely isolated incidents?
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 04:31 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
http://www.facebook.com/arpeejay

Last edited by arpeejay; April 14th, 2014 at 08:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:53 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
I've been thinking on this topic myself for a few days, because I definitely have my own opinion which of course we all do.

I have been on both ends of the spectrum ranging from 135lbs at 19 to my high of this year of 285lbs, to my current leaning down weight of 271lbs.

When I first got into weightlifting part of me was actually interested going from high school and doing a bunch of cardio intensive sports and being done with them to something new that would keep me in shape but the other half was interested in not being so skinny anymore at 6 feet and I knew I was interested in bigger guys which seem to not give me the time of day whether it was for my age or my size.

I did notice that the larger I grew the more attention I got getting to the low 200s and passing them by. A large amount of the guys I was interested in at 135 were bugging me at 220, so size was definitely a part of it by that time I was probably 3 or so years older which may have also been a factor. I have personally dated the whole spectrum because you never know who will get your attention. My current boyfriend is 5'9 250 more beefy than anything and has ranged from 210 to 250 as he bulks and cuts, he's a good guy and we definitely have many things in common and a few things not incommon.

I think when you're a lifter you ultimately want someone who understands your life style, supports it and maybe even takes part in it.

As for most big guys your perspective changes on what you like from time to time, but I will ultimately have to said most like they're men big that can range from chubby to ripped as long as they are big of course big for their height, a 200lb 5'3 guy is big in the same way a 6'3 300 lb guy is big to me.
  #4   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 08:08 AM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
Being 5'1 and 160 (currently), I've always wondered about that. I've been as high as 220 and as low as 99 (in college), and I do tend to go up and down in weight. I've been gaining and losing the same 20-40 pounds for years. I love big men. Unfortunately, in the area where I live there isn't a huge population of gay bodybuilders, and the rednecks here who ARE into bodybuilding are pretty homophobic (at least in public). It's difficult to approach them.
  #5   Add to manlion's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 09:05 AM

manlion has disabled reputation
Let me to set this up:

I'm 6'3", 320 pounds(currently bulking for the holidays) and both overweight and muscular. (Been as low as 295, and I plan to cut to even lower in the spring)

I'm into masculinity. There are a few guys walking around my gym, not huge, but defined, veiny, athletic, and hairy, either with beards or ever-present scruff. Straight unfortunately. (there is one guy I know to be gay but he's also relatively hairless)

The guy I'm seeing right now is or has been a stick. 5'10", a few years ago only 140lb (though about 165-170 when we met). but HAIRY. Full beard, fuzz up his shoulders and a dense, gloriously fuzzy chest.

Now, I've been dragging him to the gym twice a week for the past.. 4 months? And he's gained 10-15 pounds, some muscle some fat. (He had a little gut when I met him from trying to gain a bit, which has evened out with the rest of his body bulking up.)

The spring, we're both going to cut down as musch as we can. I think he can see abs, though I'll be stuck with my gut for a while longer.

He loves my muscle and (while I don't like it) my gut as well. We love each other deeply for many other reasons of compatibility and personality. I love his fuzzy and his willingness to grow.
  #6   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 10:17 AM

Last edited by arpeejay; April 14th, 2014 at 08:52 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arpeejay For This Useful Post:
goremeridian (December 11th, 2013), GTlifter (December 11th, 2013)
  #7   Add to chr1s_87's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 03:18 PM

chr1s_87 is on a distinguished road
I've been smaller (165# in college) and now I'm bigger and much more muscular (235# currently). Doesn't change the fact that I've always been into very muscular guys. Got sick of not attracting them, so decided to become a bodybuilder. It's rather amazing the attention I get now from some of the very same people who wouldn't give me the time of day when I was under 200#. I haven't reciprocated with those people because they've showed me their true colors. However, it's rather nice to be attracting the muscular guys I've always wanted all along.

Bottom line, many if not most muscle guys like other muscle guys. If you want to attract them, work your ass off and become like them. It's worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to chr1s_87 For This Useful Post:
GTlifter (December 11th, 2013)
  #8   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 03:52 PM

suma is on a distinguished road
I'm all over the spectrum with likes. Well I do have some types that never float my boat.
But a real lil guy that just loves big dudes can come see me anytime.
Smaller the better.
Something about the dramatic size diff and feeling of protecting him is a big turn on.
  #9   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 03:59 PM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1s_87 View Post
It's rather amazing the attention I get now from some of the very same people who wouldn't give me the time of day when I was under 200#. I haven't reciprocated with those people because they've showed me their true colors. However, it's rather nice to be attracting the muscular guys I've always wanted all along.
chr1s_87, I definitely understand where you're coming from but remember now do you think that approach is the best and it's something I've had to deal with. Now that you are a muscular guy and you find yourself attracted to them, if a smaller guy comes up to and is interested would you just turn him down and if you do or don't what would be the reason.

I'm not judging you just don't start a vicious cycle because that's what it becomes.
  #10   Add to /\/\usclekid's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 04:46 PM

/\/\usclekid is on a distinguished road
Bodybuilder Bob Paris' boyfriend Rod Jackson was nearly as muscular as him. Alberto Jay Giardina is a bodybuilder but his boyfriend is average and a few inches shorter. It can go any way. Generally I see muscular guys with muscular guys. I've never seen a muscular gay man with a fat gay man (24% and up body fat). Guys who don't bodybuild don't understand what it takes to make those bodies. If you don't appreciate your partner's effort then it won't work out because it takes a lot and bodybuilders want that attention. Unfortunately, there are very few gay bodybuilders and fewer that compete regularly. Even though equipment has made it possible for bodybuilding to be a single person activity you still have this social aspect where heterosexual males bodybuild in groups. So you have groups upon groups of heterosexual males getting muscular together. Gay men don't have that. Gay men generally get into bodybuilding much later in life than heterosexual males. Gay men shouldn't wait around if they want to build muscles.

I suggest you lower your body fat below 18% and tone your muscles at least. You should keep pursuing muscular gay men. Don't give up. Eventually you'll get one.
The Following User Says Thank You to /\/\usclekid For This Useful Post:
Big RR (December 11th, 2013)
  #11   Add to garrix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 05:34 PM

garrix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to garrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by manlion View Post
Let me to set this up:

I'm 6'3", 320 pounds(currently bulking for the holidays) and both overweight and muscular. (Been as low as 295, and I plan to cut to even lower in the spring)

I'm into masculinity. There are a few guys walking around my gym, not huge, but defined, veiny, athletic, and hairy, either with beards or ever-present scruff. Straight unfortunately. (there is one guy I know to be gay but he's also relatively hairless)

The guy I'm seeing right now is or has been a stick. 5'10", a few years ago only 140lb (though about 165-170 when we met). but HAIRY. Full beard, fuzz up his shoulders and a dense, gloriously fuzzy chest.

Now, I've been dragging him to the gym twice a week for the past.. 4 months? And he's gained 10-15 pounds, some muscle some fat. (He had a little gut when I met him from trying to gain a bit, which has evened out with the rest of his body bulking up.)

The spring, we're both going to cut down as musch as we can. I think he can see abs, though I'll be stuck with my gut for a while longer.

He loves my muscle and (while I don't like it) my gut as well. We love each other deeply for many other reasons of compatibility and personality. I love his fuzzy and his willingness to grow.

Wow, exactly what I like too. The masculine looking furry guys. Love them!

I'm 225 lbs, 6' and people see me as pretty big. My ex was 6'1"and 155 but was furry! He had the sexiest hairy chest and beard and I loved it. A very masculine looking, handsome face and all the buttons were pushed. Sure I'd like to have had more of him to fool around with, but at his size he was still hot to me. Granted, he bulked up 10 pounds while we dated (And looked fantastic at 165!)
  #12   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 07:22 PM

Last edited by arpeejay; April 14th, 2014 at 08:52 PM.
  #13   Add to Gabe123's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 08:53 PM

Gabe123 has disabled reputation
I'm 6'3, a bit over 200lbs. Been training for two years. Not ripped but I added some nice weight. I love smaller guys. There's nothing sexier in my opinion than a short tank.

Definitely the type of guy I'm looking for.
  #14   Add to LeatherGryphon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 12th, 2013, 05:44 AM

LeatherGryphon is on a distinguished road
Back in the day when I was in peak form I was 5'10" 220#. Not a monster but I got a lot of attention. I was drawn to guys who were shorter. Solid & fit but perhaps only 5'5" or 6". Many of my images echo this preference. (perhaps to exaggeration).
  #15   Add to barraganap's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 12th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Military Muscle Boy

barraganap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1s_87 View Post
I've been smaller (165# in college) and now I'm bigger and much more muscular (235# currently). Doesn't change the fact that I've always been into very muscular guys. Got sick of not attracting them, so decided to become a bodybuilder. It's rather amazing the attention I get now from some of the very same people who wouldn't give me the time of day when I was under 200#. I haven't reciprocated with those people because they've showed me their true colors. However, it's rather nice to be attracting the muscular guys I've always wanted all along.

Bottom line, many if not most muscle guys like other muscle guys. If you want to attract them, work your ass off and become like them. It's worth it.
This EXACTLY.

Followed this path myself going from a skinny 130 (5'8" btw) to a now very strong and defined 180+ and continuing to grow slowly. Being a skinny guy into muscular guys got me ZERO action. One day I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and do something about it.

Now that I've gained the muscle and I continue to gain I tend to get more attention from the smaller guys who don't work out, not the bigger gym going guys. It could be that I'm not 200+ yet but either way, it seems that I'm getting more attention from the types of guys I'm not interested in lol.

For me it's about understanding. I live a life of fitness where working out and eating consistently are my #1's. Yes I play video games and yes I'm a sci-fi/action nerd who's into superheros and Star Wars, but those come second in importance to making sure I get to the gym each day and that I make my proper meals. If the person I'm with can't understand and sympathize with that then we're going to have issues. It's been my experience that only other lifters/bodybuilders can even relate to this.

Basically when a smaller guy asks "Aren't you big enough yet?", the relationship is over because he'll never understand, nor does he truly want to understand, my lifestyle or who I really am inside. 99.9% of guys who don't workout can't understand BIGGER as a "forever goal" in that no matter where you're at currently, BIGGER is always the goal.

As a side note, add to all that the fact that I don't drink and I don't attend any location who's primary purpose revolves around the sale/consumption of alcohol, and I've just eliminated 95% of the gay population for compatibility. :P
  #16   Add to musclefan85's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 13th, 2013, 04:05 PM

musclefan85 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by barraganap View Post
As a side note, add to all that the fact that I don't drink and I don't attend any location who's primary purpose revolves around the sale/consumption of alcohol, and I've just eliminated 95% of the gay population for compatibility. :P
I can relate to that, would much rather hang out with other gay guys at a gym than bar hop.

As someone who isn't especially "buff" (yet! ), I appreciate any and all muscular guys who want to be with me. In return, I try to show how much I appreciate and enjoy the work they've put into their bodies.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options