The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to njernglknrej's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 15th, 2013, 02:46 PM

njernglknrej is on a distinguished road
What is it like?

Lurker here. Just wondering if I can get a description of your big guys' daily feelings about being big.

I wanna know what it's like to walk around town, knowing you're gonna be bigger than 95% of the people out there. How does it feel knowing you're gonna fill most clothes to bursting point? What's it like when you see the pounds of muscle pile on? Do any normal daily activities turn you on just because of your sheer size? How are your friend/relationships affected by your bulk. What does it feel like to walk down a corridor, and have everyone stare and part ways for you? Does that happen? What is the best thing about having all this muscle mass. What makes you keep working for it each day?

Just some potential questions to answer. Be as wordy or as succinct as you like. I just want to get a picture in my head to use as inspiration to help me grow too.

That's all!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to njernglknrej For This Useful Post:
13hearts (December 15th, 2013), not2bright (December 16th, 2013), toby182 (December 17th, 2013)
  #2   Add to LeatherGryphon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2013, 06:31 AM

LeatherGryphon is on a distinguished road
I'm past my prime but back in the days when I was a muscular 5'10", 220#, it felt exciting sometimes. I was always pleased when someone mentioned my size or shape. I rarely "made a muscle" for them but did thank them for the complement. I loved working out in the gym in front of a mirror and marveling at the buff guy sweating in front of me in the mirror. God he was hot! I walked tall, I had energy despite the nagging soreness that continually reminded me I was a bodybuilder. I didn't hesitate to do athletic things (except crawling on the sides of mountains. Never could get over the fear of unprotected heights.)

One of the best things about being buff is being able to confidently wear clothes that showed off your physique. Whether it be armless T-shirts, tank-tops, speedos, baggies, even blousy silk shirts that did nothing to hide the muscle underneath. You looked good. I would go to the symphony and opera in leather jeans, blousy purple silk shirt, and ornately embossed leather vest without feeling embarrassed or under/over dressed. I was me, and to hell with what other's might think. But I got more complements than complaints.

Last edited by LeatherGryphon; December 16th, 2013 at 06:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeatherGryphon For This Useful Post:
jtchef (December 30th, 2013)
  #3   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2013, 09:30 PM

schwermarko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to schwermarko
Although I happen to be fond of dressing up, I look like a moving wall in a suit!

It took me a while to notice that people started stepping out of my path, it happens more at the gym than anywhere else.

I havent been able to wear typical size clothes in quite a while, so the big thrill is finding something cool that's actually availabe in my size.
The Following User Says Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
jtchef (December 22nd, 2013)
  #4   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 17th, 2013, 03:56 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
What I find disconcerting is when long time sizes no longer fit due to muscle growth:

--the XL windbreaker that has to be replaced with XXL because my chest and shoulders don't fit the XL

--the pants that don't fit because of my butt (thank you lunges and squats) so I have to go up a waist size (which is looser) to fit.

--the t shirts that suddenly have "shape" to them (THAT I LIKE!!)

--the suits that won't button without looking like sausage casings (pricey $$ change)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
GTlifter (December 17th, 2013), njernglknrej (December 17th, 2013)
  #5   Add to njernglknrej's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 17th, 2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
What I find disconcerting is when long time sizes no longer fit due to muscle growth:
I think one of my biggest fetishes is tight clothes, bursting at the seams, with bulging muscles. Any pics you guys have of you threatening to burst out of them would greatly appreciated.
I think my favourite scenario is small dress shirts, where the gaps between the top buttons revel skin beneath, or have to be open because the pecs are just too big:
http://david753.deviantart.com/art/Shirt-88-405230593
http://marumaru46.deviantart.com/art...-him-166429601
http://david753.deviantart.com/art/S...d753-354433399

I'm aware of the Tight Shirts thread, but if anyone knows where I can find more pics like these, or any videos where flexing results in buttons flying off a shirt, that would be more than appreciated.

But also, back to the whole, "what is it like" question. What is like when you muscle giants sit next to other people. Does the size difference get you going? Do you like feeling bigger than the rest? When do you notice it most?

And thanks for the responses so far!
The Following User Says Thank You to njernglknrej For This Useful Post:
BB501s (December 22nd, 2013)
  #6   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 17th, 2013, 10:47 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post

--the suits that won't button without looking like sausage casings (pricey $$ change)
I have all these issues and more with the size I've packed on and it sucks not out growing your shirts but some of your old favorites. I work in finance now that I'm graduated and with my size, custom suits is the only way to go for me with my size difference. I can buy off the rack but it looks ridiculous. Of course it is costly outgrowing anything and getting customed anything.

A 51" chest and a 35" waist do not make it a great shopping day coupled with 20.75" arms cold and a 20+" neck. So shirts are fun but so are pants which always have to undergo the squat test, but once against a 35 inch waist with 29.5" legs makes it a fun buy.

Even though bulking brings more size it also makes the difference less extreme so bulking and leaning have it's ups and downs.

All I can said to anyone who really wants to get big, you better have a decent paying job or life/your wallet will not be great.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GTlifter For This Useful Post:
arpeejay (December 17th, 2013), Mdlftr (December 18th, 2013), SWMassMan (December 17th, 2013)
  #7   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 17th, 2013, 08:41 PM

I most notice how large I am when I am in restaurants, I keep seeing these waiters that freak me out because of how slight they are.

Sitting exactly next to someone is a bitch, I have lats and arms. I work real hard to get a seat between me and the next person at the theatre.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
Mdlftr (December 18th, 2013), stronguns (December 17th, 2013)
  #8   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2013, 06:19 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwermarko View Post
Sitting exactly next to someone is a bitch, I have lats and arms. I work real hard to get a seat between me and the next person ........
ON the subway this is a real issue. I always try to get the aisle seat so I can "hang out" into the aisle. Even then, I get bumped by all the passers by, so it's not that comfortable. The seats at the end of the cars are better because people don't usually sit there. However, once I've literally wedged myself into a seat, between my long legs pushing up against the seat back, and my shoulders, arms and lats taking up a lot of space horizontally, it's quite a challenge.

In spite of all that, I still have fairly narrow hips. That goes for naught, however, when a woman (it's usually a woman) with wide, "child bearing" hips wedges herself in next to me. I can feel my hip bones grinding into the arm rests, as I lean forward, backward, sideways to get out of her way! I usually either say nothing and put up with it, or else I get up and stand.

I've also decided to stop lying to spare someone's feelings. Once, on a 6 hour flight, I was on the aisle seat, with the middle seat empty, when an enormously fat woman and her mother came in and wedged themselves in next to me. I literally had a wall of flesh on my right side, flowing over the arm rest.

The stewardess came by, looked at us, and said, "My, don't we look cosy? Would you like to move?" I said "no", mostly because I didn't want to give up an aisle seat (where I could stretch out my legs and at least one shoulder and arm) to go take a middle seat somewhere. It somewhat galled me that a late comer could end up with a seat and a half just by being fat. I paid for my seat -all of it. Also, I didn't want to hurt the woman's feeling by implying that she was a fat slob. Well, never again! I'd move in a minute! Rather, I'd ask whether SHE could be moved, since I was there first! It was a loooonnnnggg flight!

O.k. I'll stop now......grumble grumble....
The Following User Says Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
schwermarko (December 18th, 2013)
  #9   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2013, 03:15 PM

Do any of the rest of you have to argue with people about your clothes size?

This may be because of how I am built, that I don't have the showy taper, so I dont look as big as I am.

I have gone into the store and asked for a 56" suitcoat, and had the clerk insist that I must be a 52" or a 54" and want me to try one on, or even slip me a smaller one as though I would not notice once I got it on and had my arms held out to the sides! I am half tempted to pull a most muscular at that point and split the back just to retaliate. I am always curious if it is that they can't beleive somone is acutally that size, or they are trying to sell me what they have and don't want to admit they don't carry anything that big.
  #10   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2013, 03:36 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
http://www.facebook.com/arpeejay

Last edited by arpeejay; April 14th, 2014 at 08:39 PM.
  #11   Add to Frito's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2013, 05:06 PM

Frito is on a distinguished road
It's odd when you walk down the aisle of an airplane, looking for your seat, and you notice people with open seats next to them giving you the evil eye, hoping you don't sit next to them. One time, an older woman sitting next to me said, "well, you're just too muscular" when I was struggling to find my seatbelt (actually, the problem was that she had used my seat belt. Ugh.)

I'm tall and pretty wide, so it's compounded. Once booked a flight really late and ended up in the last row, window seat. The evil subhuman in front of me immediately reclined her seat, of course, and those last-row seats on 737s are perfectly vertical and don't recline. The man sitting next to me said that he would switch seats with his young daughter who was half his size and sitting elsewhere on the plane. He and the flight attendant actually seemed to be pitying me. On one level, kind of funny, but also very awkward.

As for clothes, I used to wear suits to work every day. Thank god I don't have to anymore, because everything would have to be tailored. I'm not huge - arms are 20ish, chest is low 50s, waist is mid-30s, but that's apparently unusual enough to be impossible to keep in stock. So...casual friday everyday for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frito For This Useful Post:
SWMassMan (December 20th, 2013)
  #12   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2013, 05:09 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
http://www.facebook.com/arpeejay

Last edited by arpeejay; April 14th, 2014 at 08:38 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arpeejay For This Useful Post:
Frito (December 18th, 2013), jtchef (December 22nd, 2013), musclstud (December 19th, 2013), njernglknrej (December 18th, 2013)
  #13   Add to Frito's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2013, 05:10 PM

Frito is on a distinguished road
Stats have been provided. Pix seem to have been lost in the mail.
  #14   Add to njernglknrej's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Pix, dammit, pix!
I also would love to see some pics of you muscle guys in suits, and shirts.
...maybe shirts a size too small!
  #15   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Jeff Xenobuilder

JeffXeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to JeffXeno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frito View Post
It's odd when you walk down the aisle of an airplane, looking for your seat, and you notice people with open seats next to them giving you the evil eye, hoping you don't sit next to them. One time, an older woman sitting next to me said, "well, you're just too muscular" when I was struggling to find my seatbelt (actually, the problem was that she had used my seat belt. Ugh.)

I'm tall and pretty wide, so it's compounded. Once booked a flight really late and ended up in the last row, window seat. The evil subhuman in front of me immediately reclined her seat, of course, and those last-row seats on 737s are perfectly vertical and don't recline. The man sitting next to me said that he would switch seats with his young daughter who was half his size and sitting elsewhere on the plane. He and the flight attendant actually seemed to be pitying me. On one level, kind of funny, but also very awkward.

As for clothes, I used to wear suits to work every day. Thank god I don't have to anymore, because everything would have to be tailored. I'm not huge - arms are 20ish, chest is low 50s, waist is mid-30s, but that's apparently unusual enough to be impossible to keep in stock. So...casual friday everyday for me.
When someone puts their seat back like that, being 6'5", I keep kneeing then in the back until they sit forward. Fuck 'em, and not in a good way!

Jeff

Detailed instructions for posting embedded images and video at The Evolution Forum are available HERE.
  #16   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2013, 11:17 PM

If you want my stats you should visit my profile, I still don't have a photo I feel comfortable posting publicly yet, although if ya knew who I was there are plenty on the net.

A superhero's most valuable asset is his secret identity.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
hero1000 (December 20th, 2013), jtchef (December 22nd, 2013), SWMassMan (December 20th, 2013)
  #17   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2013, 10:21 AM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Being big can be handy. Was with some friends in a crowd and they said they wanted to get through it.
"Ok," I said, "stay right behind me."
So I took off my sweater and handed to one of 'em and was in a white t-shirt (It's amazing how big you can look in just a white tee). I puffed out my chest, did the old 'tense your lats so your arms stick out' trick (which I do for laughs in my gym), lowered my voice to growl the occasional "Excuse me," got a frown going, and started moving through the crowd.
At 6 ft, 260 pounds, bald and goateed, and looking mean, people tend to get out of your way. I didn't push a single person but we got through that crowd fast. One of my friends said, "You looked like a roided-up biker- scary!"

"Just don't tell anyone we're off to see Disney's FROZEN," I said, "that ruins the image."
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bulkybud For This Useful Post:
cg12345 (December 27th, 2013), jtchef (December 22nd, 2013), Mdlftr (December 21st, 2013), milwmuscleguy (December 22nd, 2013), schwermarko (December 19th, 2013), stronguns (December 21st, 2013)
  #18   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2013, 10:08 PM

stronguns is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Do any of the rest of you have to argue with people about your clothes size?

This may be because of how I am built, that I don't have the showy taper, so I dont look as big as I am.

I have gone into the store and asked for a 56" suitcoat, and had the clerk insist that I must be a 52" or a 54" and want me to try one on, or even slip me a smaller one as though I would not notice once I got it on and had my arms held out to the sides! I am half tempted to pull a most muscular at that point and split the back just to retaliate. I am always curious if it is that they can't beleive somone is acutally that size, or they are trying to sell me what they have and don't want to admit they don't carry anything that big.
Had the opposite happen. Clerk looked at me and said, please don't take this the wrong way, but there is no way you will be able to fit in that shirt. It's cut for the slim figure. Your arms will tear the sleeves apart. That's when I realized I had picked from the wrong rack, and had indeed picked a shirt cut for the slim build. He then proceeded to tell me that most bodybuilders find their loose fit or full cut to fit much better, yet still show off the muscle they have worked so hard to build.
  #19   Add to RowdyMike's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Jobber punk & lil bro

RowdyMike is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to RowdyMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frito View Post
It's odd when you walk down the aisle of an airplane, looking for your seat, and you notice people with open seats next to them giving you the evil eye, hoping you don't sit next to them.
I will admit, I'm exactly the opposite. I'm lookin and hoping you WILL sit next to me Once sat next to Kurt Angle on a plane - unfortunately in first class, so didn't have him compressing me against the wall of the plane...
  #20   Add to musclegod's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2013, 12:55 PM

musclegod is on a distinguished road
Being bigger than other men is great! I've been building my body for years. I thought 250 would be big now I think 300 is too small. Hate bf so I try to stay lean. Guys in the gym stare at me and show me a wide berth. Everyone is so polite when I speak to them. I have a lot of guys who want to train with me. I am clearly alpha and sometimes it feels like something beyond. When I'm pumped I feel like a giant erection full of blood and hard as can be. Lots of guys want to be my friend and I get loads of admiration and submissive puppy dog looks from other bodybuilders. Average guys like 5'9" and 165 are like little boys to me. I always treat them with respect. Genetics are big factor in my size but I seem to have an endless drive to become more and more dominant. I think most a lot of guys on this site understand the craving for muscle and I've had it since I was 4 years old. Always wanted thick muscle and when I started lifting around 16 my world began to change. Need loads of food and sleep to power through my heavy 2 hour workouts which I love! Heavy weights make me feel powerful and I love that none of the other guys can keep up with me when I'm driving myself for more out of my body. Day to day life can be tough. Fashion in 3 xl and 4 xl is limited. I have a lot of custom made stuff. Even first class airplane seats are a bitch and sitting in most restaurants is uncomfortable as are most cars. I drive SUV's for comfort with my right arm hanging into the passenger seat. Still, it's awesome knowing that I'm not like other men who don't know what this all feels like.

So I'm curious about guys who are smaller than me. How do you deal with my size? Do you like it? Is it something you want for yourself? What about guys who are smaller and can't seem to grow or know they can never be physically my equivalent how do you feel? How do I make you feel?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musclegod For This Useful Post:
mecmec (December 27th, 2013), njernglknrej (December 28th, 2013), sub2muscle (December 27th, 2013)
  #21   Add to MuscleNerd's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2013, 03:02 PM

MuscleNerd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to MuscleNerd Send a message via Skype™ to MuscleNerd
wow all these problems to come to me still im suprised no one has said about washing!!

I'm not huge yet but as i have grown showering has gotten harder it possibly more to do with me being short 5ft2 but after chest day especially i cant touch my back to wash pecs flex up into my biceps and i just cant reach

I can only think as i keep growing and putting on mass me having short limbs haha this is going to be fun....

>>> http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...076#post315076 <<<
  #22   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleNerd View Post
wow all these problems to come to me still im suprised no one has said about washing!!

I'm not huge yet but as i have grown showering has gotten harder it possibly more to do with me being short 5ft2 but after chest day especially i cant touch my back to wash pecs flex up into my biceps and i just cant reach

I can only think as i keep growing and putting on mass me having short limbs haha this is going to be fun....
True. Not just short limbed guys. When you have long muscle bellies like I do bending your upper arm, especially after a workout when you're really pumped, can be hard. The bicep and forearm can touch preventing you from fully bending the arm. I usually wait awhile before hopping in the shower so I can reach better.
  #23   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 27th, 2013, 09:47 PM

I know this is probably TMI, but I would kill to get a good back scrub with a loofa and get my backne poped! Used to train with somebody who's wife did this for him regularly, I am still envious. I can't really reach any of my back, to wash, haven't been able to for some time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
bobbobbyson (January 2nd, 2014), jtchef (December 30th, 2013), MuscleNerd (December 28th, 2013)
  #24   Add to njernglknrej's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2013, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclegod View Post
So I'm curious about guys who are smaller than me. How do you deal with my size? Do you like it? Is it something you want for yourself? What about guys who are smaller and can't seem to grow or know they can never be physically my equivalent how do you feel? How do I make you feel?
You make me feel envious, and curious. I definitely want that mass for myself. And I feel annoyed , I will never have the time or genetics to get seriously huge, but i use it all as inspiration to do what I can!
I would just love my size and shape to be another feature of me that people think of when they think about me. And yeah, as I keep saying, I wish I had some button popping pecs - the dream!
  #25   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2013, 03:35 PM

We all get given 24 hours in any day, when you see someone huge remember that he MADE time to train, his day is exactly the same length as yours.

Genetics is what separates the 300 lb guy who wins the Olympia 6 times in a row from the 300lb guy who never gets past the state level in the NPC. Genetics is what separates the 350lb amateur strongman from the 350lb guy on tv competing in WSM. The thing that separates all these huge dudes from ordinary ones is years of chocking down extra food, consistently pushing himself in the gym and (yes) taking medical and legal risks. There is no real way to just read a undeveloped person and say they will or will not do well in a competition, but I've never seen anyone dedicated and smart enough to either train themselves or pick a good trainer who didn't at least eventually start to turn heads.

I used to be the one who wished it could happen to me, and then I realized that the fact that those people were around to watch and envy meant it could be done!

I can't tell you you will be better or bigger than anyone else but your current self, but I think that is worth the effort.

Ps--I know not everyone agrees with me about 'roids. That's fine, you can still grow to the point where you turn heads, unless one of us roid-heads is around..
The Following User Says Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
hero1000 (December 30th, 2013)
  #26   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2013, 03:59 PM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
while genetics plays a part in how you grow its also your training , nutrition and the most imporant part is the muscle mind connection. Top pros have a incrediable mind muscle connection which allows them to make the best of their genetics. pros like Ben Paluski will tell you that they dont have great genetics but is how they train and dvelope their muscle mind connection. those of us who compete all want to be the 300 lb freak on stage but its knowing how to get there what will determine if you make it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BIGJOEY For This Useful Post:
GTlifter (December 29th, 2013), The Magus (January 1st, 2014)
  #27   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2013, 04:12 PM

No doubt, but there are lots of guys who are miserable failures at competitive bodybuilding that are still freaks compared to the rest of the human population.

If the question is simply, "What is it like to be big?" my answer is always going to be "Strap on the feed bag, put on your big boy gym shorts, and come and find out!"

I made choices based on what I was willing to do and my genetics, which is why I have no plans to compete in bodybuilding, I happen to be a nice, fat, happy powerlifter. But figuring out that I could at least get muscular enough to stick out in the crowd.

Also, there are a dozen ways to skin this cat, some guys are intuitive, some guys do the mind/muscle thing and psychologize it, some guys write out elaborate training cycles and count reps like rain-man. The only real unifying factor is getting started.
bulkybud (January 2nd, 2014), The Magus (January 1st, 2014)
  #28   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njernglknrej View Post
Lurker here. Just wondering if I can get a description of your big guys' daily feelings about being big.

I wanna know what it's like to walk around town, knowing you're gonna be bigger than 95% of the people out there. How does it feel knowing you're gonna fill most clothes to bursting point? What's it like when you see the pounds of muscle pile on? Do any normal daily activities turn you on just because of your sheer size? How are your friend/relationships affected by your bulk. What does it feel like to walk down a corridor, and have everyone stare and part ways for you? Does that happen? What is the best thing about having all this muscle mass. What makes you keep working for it each day?

Just some potential questions to answer. Be as wordy or as succinct as you like. I just want to get a picture in my head to use as inspiration to help me grow too.

That's all!
We were talking about this on Christmas. My nephews are big guys compared to most teens their ages. They are not huge, yet when they move their arms you'll see their biceps jump, if they stretch their arms or push down on something you'll see the 3 heads of the triceps. Because they do a lot of shrugs their traps mound up giving them a powerful look. Most average guys don't have definition like this. They have noticed that as they have grown so has the respect they get from their peers and also from the teachers. When you are near someone and it's obvious you're bigger and stronger you will get respect. Kids take notice of them and they say guys and girls alike will grab their arms and make comments about how big and hard they are. They are picked first when teams are chosen in gym class. People who previously bullied them have backed off. Some even appear scared when they come near. Getting the respect really encourages them to workout even harder.

Last edited by stronguns; December 30th, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
  #29   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2013, 05:08 PM

Yup. It is an awesome thing to watch a truly huge dude walk into a room, because that mass keys into a very primitive part of people's brains that tells them that they are either going to stay in their place, have the best fight of their life, or get made into burger. Doesn't matter if the guy is the nicest guy in the world, we are hard wired.

It is even more astonishing when you actually notice that the big dude, who is getting the alpha treatment at the moment is you! That's why I keep trying to get people to give this a whirl! Notice I am big, not huge (yet) but I get this enough that I cant let go now!
jtchef (December 30th, 2013), stronguns (December 30th, 2013)
  #30   Add to mecmec's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:01 PM

mecmec is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mecmec
Quote:
Originally Posted by musclegod View Post
Honestly, truly massive guys make me want to submit to them, like I have this primal urge to either get out of their way or serve them and grow their power and strength.
  #31   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:14 AM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Quote:

...I made choices based on what I was willing to do and my genetics, which is why I have no plans to compete in bodybuilding, I happen to be a nice, fat, happy powerlifter. But figuring out that I could at least get muscular enough to stick out in the crowd...
EXACTLY!

My sister was asked if I was a football player by a store owner over Xmas holiday. While some bodybuilding web sites consider this an insult to be compared to a fat football lineman, I thought it was one of the best compliments I'd received in a while.

bulkybud.
The Following User Says Thank You to bulkybud For This Useful Post:
schwermarko (January 2nd, 2014)
  #32   Add to LeatherGryphon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:35 AM

LeatherGryphon is on a distinguished road
Back in the day when I was in top form I was browsing in a record store (remember them? You could buy music on vinyl and CD platters with explanatory photos & words, oh my!) when some young man (probably about 16), excitedly asked me if my name was "<some name>" a handsome muscled pro wrestler who was in town that weekend. I burst his balloon and apologized that I wasn't but thanked him for the compliment. I giggled all the way back home.

Later that same year I was in Denver visiting a friend who had been my trainer for a while and a BB competitor. He worked as a bartender in a local nightclub and everybody knew him. I mixed in the crowd and got stopped a couple of times by people who would tap me on the shoulder and ask me what I was doing on this side of the bar. Then I'd turn around and they'd sheepishly say "oh, never mind we thought you were <name>". Put a big grin on my face to think that I was perceived as big as he.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options