Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2013, 04:50 AM
Jeff Xenobuilder

JeffXeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to JeffXeno
Aaron Rodgers

So there is a spattering of news articles now suggesting that Aaron Rodgers' ex-boyfriend and/or live-in personal assistant has left Aaron's house and outted him.

http://www.ibtimes.com/aaron-rodgers...-lanflisi-over

It seems like all the sources originate with gossip sites, so I'm inclined to be skeptical, but consider it might be true. If he is gay, I would hope he'd come out after the play-offs, as this would do wonders for young gay men. It's more likely he'd probably get married to a hot woman in stead (his NFL sanctioned beard). Of course if he isn't gay, he must at least be exceptionally gay friendly to have a gay live-in assistant.

Any thoughts?

Jeff

Detailed instructions for posting embedded images and video at The Evolution Forum are available HERE.

Last edited by JeffXeno; December 31st, 2013 at 05:24 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:35 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Here's my thought:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffXeno View Post
So there is a spattering of news articles now suggesting that Aaron Rodgers' ex-boyfriend and/or live-in personal assistant has left Aaron's house and outted him.

http://www.ibtimes.com/aaron-rodgers...-lanflisi-over

It seems like all the sources originate with gossip sites, so I'm inclined to be skeptical, but consider it might be true. If he is gay, I would hope he'd come out after the play-offs, as this would do wonders for young gay men. It's more likely he'd probably get married to a hot woman in stead (his NFL sanctioned beard). Of course if he isn't gay, he must at least be exceptionally gay friendly to have a gay live-in assistant.

Any thoughts?

Jeff
Who cares? What does this have to do with how well he can play football?
  #3   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:51 AM
Jeff Xenobuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
Who cares? What does this have to do with how well he can play football?
Well that should be the ultimate point, but you know it isn't that simple, especially in the mind of "Joe Sixpack" football fan. There have already been a few out Rugby players overseas.

Jeff

Detailed instructions for posting embedded images and video at The Evolution Forum are available HERE.
  #4   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2013, 07:59 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,032 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
I would have loved to see Rodgers be out, but i seriously doubt that he is gay. He is just gay-friendly I think. Besides as Tim said, who cares if he is or isn't. The guy is a legend in the making.
  #5   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:05 AM
Jeff Xenobuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven79 View Post
I would have loved to see Rodgers be out, but i seriously doubt that he is gay. He is just gay-friendly I think. Besides as Tim said, who cares if he is or isn't. The guy is a legend in the making.
I tend to think this is what really happened; he got burned by being a nice guy. Of course those of us who have lived a few years have all heard the adage, and seen firsthand that no good deed goes unpunished.

#6   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:31 AM

The latest in the Aaron Rodgers' non-controversy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...0585--nfl.html

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers says he?s not gay and ?I really, really like women?

This "story" qualifies as "newsworthy" these days......Hear that? That's the sound of Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow Rolling in their graves........

All together now, "WHOOOOO CAARESSS?!"

"Play Ball!"
  #7   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Well that should be the ultimate point, but you know it isn't that simple, especially in the mind of "Joe Sixpack" football fan. There have already been a few out Rugby players overseas.

Jeff
.....AANND what?

Did the Queen of England (the female one) have a conniption?

Does she even know enough to care?

Isn't one of her many grandchildren married to some Rugby player?
  #8   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:53 AM
Jeff Xenobuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...0585--nfl.html

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers says he’s not gay and ‘I really, really like women’

This "story" qualifies as "newsworthy" these days......Hear that? That's the sound of Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow Rolling in their graves........

All together now, "WHOOOOO CAARESSS?!"

"Play Ball!"
I really didn't think I was going to hit a nerve here guys, and my first post included the sentence:

It seems like all the sources originate with gossip sites, so I'm inclined to be skeptical, but consider it might be true.

Later I said I suspected that it would end up that he was a gay friendly straight guy who got burned by helping one of his gay friends. I ended by saying we all know that no good deed goes unpunished.

As to why anyone should care, in a perfect world, it shouldn't matter, but in this world where teenagers are still committing suicide over being gay, it seems to me that a sports star the caliber of Aaron Rodgers coming out might actually do more for young gays than the "It gets better" project. http://www.itgetsbetter.org/

That is why I posted a story in "Off-Topic - News & Current Events" of which I said I was skeptical. I really didn't think for a minute that the connection would be difficult for anyone to see. I stand corrected.

Jeff

Last edited by JeffXeno; January 1st, 2014 at 01:38 PM.
  #9   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 11:08 AM

I think there are crpss purposes here....

Quote:
As to why anyone should care, in a perfect world, it shouldn't matter, but in this world where teenagers are still committing suicide over being gay, it seems to me that a sports star the caliber of Aaron Rodgers coming out might actually do more for young gays than the "It gets better" project. http://www.itgetsbetter.org/

That is why a posted a story in "Off-Topic - News & Current Events" of which I said I was skeptical. I really didn't think for a minute that the connection would be difficult for anyone to see. I stand corrected.

Jeff
I think the reason the sports channel made this a big deal was for several reasons:
1. Slow news day
2. Aaron Rodgers is having a good season, so any news story on him has "legs" and people will read it.
3. If true, this story would be a "shocker" since all sports stars are deemed heterosexual by default, and this would be a first: a competent, current player in the middle of his career, who came out. -- Except he didn't, so no story here.

As far as your wish for a better world where suicidal teenagers won't feel so desperate that they end up killing themselves, all we can do is try to be more supportive and change the public discourse. I think, by and large, the mass acceptance of people who are gay has occurred, and is occurring, in society.

If someone is depressed to the point of suicide, they need more direct intervention in their own situation than a news report. If a 100 Aaron Rodgers announced this afternoon that they were gay, it wouldn't prevent a suicide. Just like all the hand wringing about "gun control" and "better mental health laws" doesn't stop the next Newton, Connecticut or Columbine style shooting. Change is incremental and sometimes, even then, bad stuff still happens.
  #10   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:02 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,032 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Hehe Jeff, this is Rodgers you are talking about. He does have a gay fanbase, i am one of his fans. He is quite easy on the eyes and seems like a legitimately great guy.
  #11   Add to mystery7's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:48 PM

mystery7 is on a distinguished road
So what if he is or isn't? Give me the man his right to privacy and do as he wishes.
  #12   Add to JeffXeno's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:53 AM
Jeff Xenobuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery7 View Post
So what if he is or isn't? Give me the man his right to privacy and do as he wishes.
OK then. I'm going to assume you have your panties in a twist because that is where you want them. Twist them panties!

Jeff

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options