The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 4th, 2014, 04:22 PM

schwermarko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to schwermarko
Peptide useage

I have been asked by a number of people for a rundown on the various peptides. So here is a list, by no means exhaustive of the peptides and their specific advantages and disadvantages.

This information is in part not exhaustive because it is based as much on what I and the people around me are doing. It is entirely possible you may find something that differs with this, a lot of this is still fairly new, and people are reading studies and making interpretations that I sometimes think are not justified.

First, the general principals. There are two kinds of peptides used in performance enhancement, the first of these are secretogogues. These drugs mimic, without directly replacing, the signaling chemicals which cause the pituitary gland to produce growth hormone. These drugs may be injected subcutaneously (under the skin, like insulin) anywhere on the body. The second class are the growth factors produced in the muscle, IGF-1 and MGF being the most important, these are best injected directly into the muscles being trained on the day of administration. Peptides are measured in micrograms (mcg), this is 1/1000 of a milligram (mg). Most often you will encounter small vials with 5mg of a peptide powder in the bottom. The powder is reconstituted with a fluid called bacteriostatic water, It is a sterile solution of a small amount of salt (to make it isotonic), and a preservative (like benzoic acid) designed to keep any bacteria which are picked up during the injection process from multiplying (either in the stock bottle or the injection site). Once a peptide is reconstituted it should be kept in a refrigerator.

So on with the specifics:

GHRP-6: My favorite peptide. The biggest reason to use this is that it makes you hungry! A typical dose is 100-200 mcg per day. This has a modest increase in hunger, and a significant increase in in gh levels. Bump up the levels to 300+ mcg in a pulse and ravenous hunger ensues. I am not kidding about that part, prep food in advance if you intend to do these kind of dosages. The downside to this is that it does increase cortosol and prolactin, so if you have a problem with either of those you should choose something else, like ipamorelin. If you are cutting I would go with GHRP-2. If your crank gets turned by stories where the hulk has been put on an appetite enhancer by the mad scientist, I have good news-- It's real, it's cheap, and it's not a controlled substance.

GHRP-2: This drug also gives pulses like GHRP-6 but it's effect on hunger (ghrelin), prolactin, and cortisol is much less noticeable. Since you won't be constantly stuffing your face on this one, you may also notice more of the lypolytic effect of elevated gh. 100-200 mcg/day

Ipamorelin: This is the spendiest of the three, but it has no noticeable effect on Ghrelllin, prolactin, or cortisol. So if these are issues, it's worth the investment. 100-200mcg /day

There are a few more of these, some of which produce ?bleeding? level increases (slow, long acting) but these are the ones I use.

The last, most expensive, and most fun of these is

IGF-1 This should be injected strait into the muscle being worked, 25mcg per location. Say it's arm day a shot and both biceps and a shot in both triceps 4 X 25 =100mcg total. Some people say this needs to be reconstituted in Acetic Acid (AA solution), but I have never seen evidence to that effect. Doing this pre-workout produces spectacular pumps, although increased muscle fullness should be noticeable after a while, regardless.

Hope this is helpful, I thought about going through all of them, but decided I'd just stick to the ones I know and like.

WARNING: in the interest of full disclosure, the risks of having artificialy elevated GH levels are the same regardless of how that was done. So there is a potential for interior remodel (that's the BAD enlargement of the heart) and carpel tunnel. There is also a long term problem of certain growth plates which close late in life being influenced, and developing acromegaly-- long fingers and toes, ears, nose and that particular large head with heavy brows. Although if you are not into growing into a beastly, roided-up looking thing, I'm not sure why you would be hanging out here.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
The Magus (January 5th, 2014)
  #2   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 5th, 2014, 06:50 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Could you explain this a bit more?

GHRP-6: My favorite peptide. The biggest reason to use this is that it makes you hungry! A typical dose is 100-200 mcg per day. This has a modest increase in hunger, and a significant increase in in gh levels. Bump up the levels to 300+ mcg in a pulse and ravenous hunger ensues. I am not kidding about that part, prep food in advance if you intend to do these kind of dosages. The downside to this is that it does increase cortosol and prolactin, so if you have a problem with either of those you should choose something else, like ipamorelin. If you are cutting I would go with GHRP-2. If your crank gets turned by stories where the hulk has been put on an appetite enhancer by the mad scientist, I have good news-- It's real, it's cheap, and it's not a controlled substance.

I understand that the increased appetite is a good thing because eating more food after workouts helps you grow bigger, and stronger, hopefully.

Why are increased cortisol and prolactin a bad thing? What do they do?

Thanks,
Mdlftr
The Following User Says Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
schwermarko (January 5th, 2014)
  #3   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 5th, 2014, 07:28 AM

cortisol- this is one of the chemicals the body produces in stress and inflammatory injuries, It is the basis of corticosteroids, and as such is catabolic, it tends to increase fat storage in the abdomen. There are certain medical conditions where people are more sensitive to this effect as well.

prolactin- This is the hormone that triggers lactation, hence the name. Elevated prolactin levels can cause or exacerbate gyno, and are the cause of "Deca Dick" so if you have one of these going on, you will want to avoid things that elevate prolactin. Unless of course you are into lactation, this is an interesting forum to post PED discussions on, because there are things that people are into here that freak everyone else out-- like dramatic side efects.

The data is out of clinical studies, I haven't ever heard of someone having a real problem with this drug, except packing on weight too fast.

The other virtue of being able to induce hunger on que is that you need to eat a lot if you are going to do insulin, (if you don't get enough carbs you can DIE).
  #4   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 5th, 2014, 07:39 AM

I also got pm-ed with a question which I will share,

These injections are all handled with insulin syringes, because of the volumes and the fact that they are water based. Remember that 'slin pins are labeled in 1/100 ml "Insulin Units".

As an example I take a 5mg vial of GHRP-6, and put 2ml of bacteriostatic water into it, that yealds a solution of 2500 mcg/ml (2.5mg/ml) - divide 2500 by 100 and you get 25 mcg/iu-- so, post workout, I can take 12 iu of the solution injected in the fat on my belly, go into the local buffet and demolish 3000 calories of food without any problem.

There are calulators that tell you exactly how to mix the stuff up if you need it, but if you wondered why you needed to learn the metric system in school, here is your answer.
  #5   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 5th, 2014, 08:23 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
if anybody need a reference book on peptides let me know . I have one in pdf format. also have seperate info on each one as well.
  #6   Add to Muscleman666's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 5th, 2014, 07:03 PM

Muscleman666
Send a message via Yahoo to Muscleman666
I'm interested in more information, if you could send me by mail, I appreciate so much. [email protected]

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options