The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to mikej's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:27 PM

mikej is on a distinguished road
To Juice or not to Juice...

... that is the question. First of all, I've been training for awhile. I'm currently bulking, but naturally, and blogging it here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=adam8mel

1. Do you think I would benefit from doing a cycle?

If so:
2. Do you have any advice on how to pick out my cycle?
3. Do you have any advice on how to get my hands on it since I'm in the U.S. and that's not easy to do without getting in trouble?

If not:
2. Is that because I have a lot I could still do naturally?
3. How much bigger (i.e. weight gain) do you think I could do naturally and have it be good solid mass?
9/1/07 goal: 203.8
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to musclegod300's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Never Big Enough

musclegod300 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to musclegod300
Hm

I say Go for it Dude! If you Wanna Get Huge, you should try it out.
  #3   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 15th, 2007, 03:22 AM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Man.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikej
... that is the question. First of all, I've been training for awhile. I'm currently bulking, but naturally, and blogging it here:

If so:
3. Do you have any advice on how to get my hands on it since I'm in the U.S. and that's not easy to do without getting in trouble?

If not:
3. How much bigger (i.e. weight gain) do you think I could do naturally and have it be good solid mass?
I think you would benefit from doing a cycle, BUT until you can say that you have been lifting for MANY YEARS instead of MONTHS, I suggest that you get your training and diet regimen in order and push yourself to the limit of as far as you think you can possibly go....trust me, you are not there yet.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah there are a lot of kids out there that are chomping at the bit to get on the gear, and others that may be on it and aren't making the kind of gains that they should be making because they did not put in the time, research and the heavy duty training. A kid tells me about gaining 5 - 6 pounds on his cycle..... I laughed my ass off! Child's play if he knew what he was doing and paid his dues in the gym....And on top of that a lot of kids don't need to be going near the stuff because they do not know what the hell they are doing. (and yes, they are ILLEGAL....a little technicality for you...)

But, if you're gonna go in that direction, max out your training and diet, do the research and put some serious lifting time in first! You have not mentioned what your routine is like, your diet, nutrition, rest, etc etc. So, that tells me that you still have some more growing and learning to do...

Trust me...give it time, the quick fix isn't always the best fix. Been there, and now big enough to tell the story....

D
  #4   Add to Slevin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2007, 10:57 PM

Slevin is on a distinguished road
I'm bored...so I'm going to add my two cents :P

It also depends on how old you are. Remember that most guys produce more natural steriods during their high school years than you would get on a mid-level steriod dosage. You really shouldn't consider steriods unless you are 21+.

Your body naturally regulates your testosterone levels and your brain will actually signal your body to STOP producing those natural steriods until levels return to normal. So in short if you haven't stopped your natural growing process you really are just wasting your money. And in the end you might end up pre-maturly halting your natural growth.

I will say that working in an ER the most common thing steriod users get is heart palpitations. [I'll be nice and not say abuse..]. In most cases steriod users are in some semblence of good health. (No Diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.,)

I personally think you are doing pretty well and don't need steriods.

If you do decide to go with steriods, like the other guys said: Do your research, don't re-use needles if you go IM. And know the side effects of the drug of your choice.
  #5   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2007, 05:20 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
One more thing.

Don't be afraid to see your doctor and ask for regular blood work to check on cholesterol, lipids, and sugars. Also piss-in-the-cup so they can check your kidneys. If you don't have insurance, pay for it out of your pocket - your life may depend on it.
  #6   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Hey kiddo,

You shouldn't start using gear until you've maximized your natural potential. If you're still under 21 years of age, you also shouldn't start using gear. Your body will never again be making as much natural testosterone and GH (growth hormone) as it is now. Once you start using synthetic testosterone your body will never bounce back to what it was. Your first cycle is always your best, IF you know what you're doing. As time goes by you have to use larger amounts of compunds to get the same effect. It's like most drugs that way.

DEFINITELY sign up for a steroid/bodybuilding board where you'll meet serious bodybuilders who KNOW this stuff backwards and forwards. You don't want to take any chances with half-truths and old wives' tales you'll hear in the gym. Do solid research on reputable sites before you even think about doing your first cycle.

Private Message me if you'd like to talk.

Cheers, kiddo.

BigLittleTim
  #7   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:26 PM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
I would say that untill you hit your natural limit then don't juice. If your planning on competing then that changes the situstion. You may have to
do a cycle to help your body get to that level. i am not for teens using even though they do. parent of teens who use should ensure their kids get all nessary blood work. Blood work is nessary have your doctore check all hormonal levels includting T-3, T-4 , free test, estrogen, estrodials, igf-1. Aslo get an amino acid profile done. most doctors will not knwo where to get these so if you need that information contact me.
  #8   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:29 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOEY View Post
I would say that untill you hit your natural limit then don't juice. If your planning on competing then that changes the situstion. You may have to
do a cycle to help your body get to that level. i am not for teens using even though they do. parent of teens who use should ensure their kids get all nessary blood work. Blood work is nessary have your doctore check all hormonal levels includting T-3, T-4 , free test, estrogen, estrodials, igf-1. Aslo get an amino acid profile done. most doctors will not knwo where to get these so if you need that information contact me.
What is an amino acid profile, by the way?
  #9   Add to ilimzn's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 31st, 2010, 05:52 AM

ilimzn is on a distinguished road
Some of the answers above illustrate neatly why you should NOT do a cycle. For one thing, unless you have more than basic understanding of how your sex hormones work, don't go meddling with them by artificial means. YES that includes getting the names of the componds right - or no-one will tke you seriously and at best you'll end up with bad advice and getting stuff from some quack who will exploit your ignorance.

Here is some advice i have been given from people who have been in that business for decades, and I still consider it the best advice you can get:

1) Doing 6-8 meals a day, sleeping 8 hours a day, know your exercises with perfect form, and how to interpret what your body is trying to tell you from the reactions to these? If not, don't even think about steroids, think about how to get t hose 6-8 meals, 8 hours and proper technique etc.

2) Learn, learn, learn - read about it till you are 25, experiment thereafter till you are 35 and after 35 you actually may well need them!

3) As with ALL such decisions on compounds that may alter your self-esteem: Think HARD on what happens if you try, and like it?
  #10   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 16th, 2010, 01:20 AM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikej View Post

If so:

If not:
[COLOR="Orange"]
There are a number of factors which must be considered apart from the legal ones.

The first one is a question that you would need to ask yourself:

"Have I done literally everything to gain as much size as possible?

Then the sub-questions:

"Have I changed my routines enough to prevent my muscles from growing used to any single routine on my various bodyparts."

"Have I tried most of the legal supplementation known to be of value?"

"Have I really and honestly pushed my numbers by increasing weight as much and as often as possible?"

"Have I eliminated the counterproductive items from my diet that could play a negative roll in my gains?"

"Have I tried changing anything that might make a positive difference?"

One of the things that you need to do with your training is to keep a little "log book" and on a weekly basis go back and re read all the entries with regards to your training, diet, and other factors in your life. Even events that you can't control can have a negative effect on you and keep you at a plateau. You may not be able to change what happens, but a different approach to problems may break the plateau and increase your gains.

I am not in any manner against juice, but, the main problem is that it can be used not as a supplement to your training, but in place of making changes to the training that may have given you the same result.

Only you yourself will know the real answers and it is very difficult for anyone not experienced with every facit of your training to give an outside opinion that is well-informed.

I would support your decision either way, but, make certain that it is the last resort not the first option.

[/COLOR]
  #11   Add to david marks's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:00 AM

david marks is on a distinguished road
As time goes by you have to use larger amounts of compunds to get the same effect. It's like most drugs that way.Your first cycle is always your best, IF you know what you're doing.
  #12   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:33 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
it will depend on what your using , how much,, how long your on , how much time off , Your diet, training and other supplements also play a role in this process. You also need good reference material and advice as well as legit stuff.. You canl also try peptides which are legal and will give you some simular results but not as hard on the body. if you need any info then contact me pvt.
  #13   Add to lucas's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:23 PM

lucas
I just would say: go for it! but only expect results according to your dedication at the gym and diet. It's not a magic pill. You have to work out like becoming a freak is all what you want in life... And the only way to end up looling like a freak, freakzoide, is being an steroid user.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options