The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 25th, 2007, 05:29 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Cops on Gear

Cops on Gear: A Roundtable Discussion

T-Mag talks to 3 steriod-using cops about the dilemma of breaking a law to uphold the Law.

Read all about it...
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Rannen's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 27th, 2007, 11:33 PM

Rannen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rannen
VERY interesting article. Thank you for posting that O!
  #3   Add to BBMikeNJ's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 31st, 2007, 11:51 AM

BBMikeNJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BBMikeNJ Send a message via Yahoo to BBMikeNJ
Interesting read. Wish there had been pics though! I love seeing jacked up cops.
And now its got me thinking about doing a cycle! Sounds too good to be true when you read accounts like theirs.
  #4   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2007, 04:55 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
cops on juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMikeNJ
Interesting read. Wish there had been pics though! I love seeing jacked up cops.
And now its got me thinking about doing a cycle! Sounds too good to be true when you read accounts like theirs.
If you want to see cops on juice, just do like I do.....go to the gym! LOL. Trust me; they're there.
  #5   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2007, 09:39 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
So true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmsl
If you want to see cops on juice, just do like I do.....go to the gym! LOL. Trust me; they're there.
That's so true...... I have known a couple of them, and in their line of work I don't blame them for hitting the juice.
  #6   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:15 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
I'm sure they look hot but I still worry. I'd hate for them to lose their jobs or even face jail time just because they were trying to protect themselves--or from something they did that they might not have done were it not for the side effects of them trying to protect themselves.

And now let me be a hypocrite: I want pictures of them in uniform...with the shirts undone.
  #7   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 7th, 2007, 05:44 AM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Falling Off The Thin Blue Line

Texas police officer publishes tell-all book about his addiction to steroids.

If I ever see a copy of this, I just may pick it up.
  #8   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
So who's going to protect us from the cops?

It's not all sexual fantasy guys; having an unbalanced cop using gear, with a firearm, and a big chip on his shoulder. There are too many stories of cops' ex-wives getting restraining orders against their husbands, and too many stories that don't even make it into the newspapers about cops beating up law-abiding citizens because the cops were out wilding. All the press directed at baseball players should be directed at the police...

Just my 2 cents.

-BigLittleTim
  #9   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2008, 01:37 PM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post
So who's going to protect us from the cops?

It's not all sexual fantasy guys; having an unbalanced cop using gear, with a firearm, and a big chip on his shoulder. There are too many stories of cops' ex-wives getting restraining orders against their husbands, and too many stories that don't even make it into the newspapers about cops beating up law-abiding citizens because the cops were out wilding. All the press directed at baseball players should be directed at the police...

Just my 2 cents.

-BigLittleTim
This is why it needs to be legalized.

The problem with roid rage isn't generally due to the steroid itself.
Most androgenic drugs metabolize to estrogen and progesterone.
Progesterone is the hormone that spikes when a woman is beginning her period; it's the hormone that's been shown to cause rage attacks and mood swings. (It's also an anti-cancer drug for certain cancers.)

It's partly the personality of the guy - jerks can be jerks without roids - but it can also be exacerbated by the progesterone levels going up.

The third element in "roid rage" is usually diet. Dieting makes people crazy.
If someone's on a cutting diet, there's a good chance they're going to have anger issues because they want to eat something. Preferably the brains and heart of the person who is interfering with them.

Having steroid use legalized under medical supervision would mean providing additional chemical support to stop the progesterone conversion. That would also mean lower dosages of the steroid to get the best effects.
  #10   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 25th, 2008, 03:59 PM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Smile Totally agree!

I totally agree with BOTH of you. Juice should be legalized and used for "Forces of Goodness". I say that tongue N Cheek but I truly believe that juice is very good for many, many people when not abused. And it should be encouraged to be under a doctor's care.
  #11   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 26th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Cops on roids NOT sexxy

Believe me, I most heartily believe that steroids should be legalized for legitimate use! I think it's also well established that "roid rage" is mostly the result of the moodiness from excess Estrogen aromatized from the exogeneous Testosterone used while on cycle.

My concern is that sometimes the "good guys" aren't so good. I know lots of good police officers, and even work-out with one regularly, but even he would be the first to admit that many of his comrades in arms can be dumb, boorish, and beligerent in the line of duty. Add steroids to the mix and it can be very dangerous. Cops don't just deal with armed rapists... they're pulling over Joe Citizen (you and me) for trafic violations... A roided-up, swaggering cop with a chip on his shoulder ISN'T as sexy as it sounds in a story, my friends.

Joke:

"A woman leaves a party and while she's driving she veers a little over the double line in the road. Suddenly there are flashing lights in her rear-view mirror. "Shit", she thinks as she pulls over to the side of the road. Slowly, a police officer saunters up to the driver's side of the car as she rolls down the window. "Ma'am", the officer says, "Do you know why I'm standing here today?" She thinks a moment and then says: "You got all C's in highschool?"

-BigLittleTim
  #12   Add to Amazed's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:18 AM

Amazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Amazed
Could this be why cops want to get roided up...? WOAH!

Syracuse, NY.----Syracuse police shot a man with a Taser early this morning after he challenged them to a fight, but the 250-pound suspect pulled the device's electric darts out of his abdomen, laughed and said, "That's all you got?"

Officers said they went to a home at 123 Hartson St. about 2:50 a.m. after a resident, Lakiya Hall, 29, reported that her fiance had punched her.

Police said three officers entered the housing looking for the fiance, Benjamin Myers, 31, who also lives at the residence. When they headed downstairs to the basement, Myers hollered up, "I'm coming up. I don't want any problems," according to police.

But when one of the officers tried to grab his arm, Myers ran into the kitchen, police said. They ordered him to put his hands behind his back because he was under arrest, but he refused, saying "It's gonna take more than three of you to take me down," and then swung at one of the officers, police said.

Police Officer Michael Drury said he immediately fired his Taser at Myers. The Taser is a gun-like device that fires electric darts to temporarily disable a person. The device's probes hit Myers in the lower abdomen, but they had no effect on the 5-foot 9-inch Myers, Drury said. According to the officer, Myers pulled the probes out himself, laughed and said, "That's all you got?"

Myers then pointed to another officer and told him "he was going to knock him out first," Drury said.

When several more officers arrived, Myers finally put his hands behind his back and was arrested, police said.

Hall said Myers had been drinking lots of gin earlier in the evening and hit her in the face with a cell phone and then punched her in the face after she teased him about staring at another woman, police said. She ran out of the house and called police from her van, officers said.

Myers was charged with harassment, resisting arrest and first-degree criminal contempt. Police said Hall had a court order of protection, issued in July, barring Myers from harassing or assaulting her.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options