Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to MuscledMike's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 02:24 PM

MuscledMike is on a distinguished road
Question Hi. Can someone explain what this forum is about?

Okay,
I found this while browsing. Im a wanna be bodybuilder, hoping to compete 2008. Im 21, 5'9 170 pounds hoping to cycle next month. I plan to get to be 215 or so. Anyway I get turned on by muscle, and turn myself on in the mirror too. Is this site for guys who like muscle? Im not gay, but I do get aroused by muscle. I was hella turned on by the Orlando and Johnny Depp morphs. Is this normal? Are you guys straight, gay, bi? Or just turned on by beef?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 02:30 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscledMike
Okay,
I found this while browsing. Im a wanna be bodybuilder, hoping to compete 2008. Im 21, 5'9 170 pounds hoping to cycle next month. I plan to get to be 215 or so. Anyway I get turned on by muscle, and turn myself on in the mirror too. Is this site for guys who like muscle? Im not gay, but I do get aroused by muscle. I was hella turned on by the Orlando and Johnny Depp morphs. Is this normal? Are you guys straight, gay, bi? Or just turned on by beef?
My general opinion is that this site is for the dicussion of male muscle growth (be that fictional, actual or hypothetical). In other words as you are detailing actual muscle growth you are more than welcome.
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 04:30 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
What Celtic said.

There are all sorts here, including straight guys who are really into bodybuilding. I think probably the big majority of us are gay or at least bi but the turn on seems to transcend sexual orientation. That sorta makes sense to me; I get turned on by looking at big muscular guys but I also get turned on by the idea of ME being a big muscular guy. For a very long time I wasn't sure whether I was straight or bi or gay. I eventually figured out that I'm gay but I think there are guys with the same obsession who come to different conclusions.

Regardless, so long as you are accepting of the fact that there are all kinds of people here, I think you'll do fine!

Welcome aboard...!

xoxo

Richard
  #4   Add to Londonboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Thicker is Best

Thanked 2,283 Times in 227 Posts
Londonboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Londonboy
Well said!

Arpeejay!

Just wanted to say that you did a great job explaining the site! Very articulate and sensitive to all. Thanks a lot. MuscledMike, I hope that helps you. I think you'll probably find many people that share your passions.
  #5   Add to MuscledMike's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 04:46 PM

MuscledMike is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I actually am still not sure of my orientation. When and how will I know?

\You described exactly how I feel. I am turned on by buff guys, (only hot, muscular guys) but Im not sure wheather its because I aspire to get that big, or what. I do have fantasies of fooling around with a guy who was muscular. But I also want to get as big as possible, and bodybuilding has been an obsession of mine. All I think about is training and getting big. I seriously didn't know there was sites like this.
  #6   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 05:03 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks. I actually am still not sure of my orientation. When and how will I know?

\You described exactly how I feel. I am turned on by buff guys, (only hot, muscular guys) but Im not sure wheather its because I aspire to get that big, or what. I do have fantasies of fooling around with a guy who was muscular. But I also want to get as big as possible, and bodybuilding has been an obsession of mine. All I think about is training and getting big. I seriously didn't know there was sites like this.
In my perfect world, everyone is bisexual, then we wouldn't have to worry about that question.

Really, you'll know what you "prefer" in time, even if you don't tell anyone in the real world.

Wanna get bigger eh? This is certainly the perfect site for that. As Celtic said, fictional, actual, or hyposprayical...err...hypothetical. No matter which of those you want, or a pair, or even all three, you will find it here.

There's other sites about building muscle (aka, bodybuilding.com and the like) and even erotic MG sites and groups. But this site is truly THE site for male muscle growth of any kind, and with that, I welcome ye.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #7   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Quote:

Orientation--- You're not the only one that feels confused... I think a well built male is something beautiful and more attractive then an equally well built female... I beleive that is because, being a guy, I am more familiar with the male form have observed I closely my entire life... When I look at "hot" guy my thoughts are of what it would be like if that was my body... And the doesn't include having sex... The concept of exchanging body fluids with any one I find totally gross... so with that point view and claiming confussed as a status this accept I say asexual and they go away...

Ender
  #8   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 05:47 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
There are others equally or better versed in this topic than I am (they know who they are and I hope they'll chime in) but...

I was married to a woman for 11 years. I never had sex with a man until after I came out to my wife (and the rest of the world) at age 35. Before then I'd only ever had sex with her. It worked (mostly), partly because touch is touch, kissing is kissing, but mainly because I always had these "tapes" of big musclement "playing" in my brain.

I realized fairly early on in my marriage that if (a) I had sex with my wife only occasionally and thought about men (to get hard and stay hard) while doing so and (b) I jacked off every night in between (still thinking about big muscle guys) it could only mean one thing, that I was gay.

I think it's also useful to make a distinction between orientation and behavior. My sexual activity prior to coming out was ostensibly hetero but what was going on inside my brain was homo and, consequently, from my point of view I've always been gay.

All of which (including which descriptors we adopt, if any) is stuff going on inside our heads, so I've learned better than to say, "oh, well, obviously you're gay." Ender, if you have orgasms, you're not (from my point of view) so much asexual as you are self-sexual. That's behavioral (so is celibacy!) If you are, in fact, self-sexual and if what's going on inside your head while you are pleasuring yourself is primarily or exclusively focused on men, then I'd say your orientation, at least, is probably gay.

Have I thrown in enough quibbles and caveats? The thing I always remind people is "however it works for you is how it works for you and that's a GOOD thing!"

xoxo

Richard
  #9   Add to Speaker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 08:07 PM

Speaker is on a distinguished road
I started out the same way too. I would see things about bodybuilders and say to myself "Hey, that looks pretty cool. How would it look on me?" My discovery of my sexuality just came after. To me it really doesnt matter if you're gay, straight, or bi, despite the fact that i am gay. On this forum, all that really matters is muscle, although i wont deny that i love readin about the other parts in some of the stories here.
  #10   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
The most important part is that you're not afraid of what you feel. If you're not going to accept your own feelings, you can't even be truthful to yourself and comfortable in your own body and mind. Don't rush to conclusions, but don't deny things either. You'll find out your sexuality somewhere along the way.

For the longest time I didn't even think that I might be gay or somewhat gay. It didn't even occur to me. But now that I think back I can't say that I've never had a chance to notice that I have a thing for guys too. The girls I'm attracted to are few and very far between but they exist. So I won't deny those feelings either. You don't have to give it a label; it's your own special mix of feelings. I usually call myself bisexual, but I rarely even talk about it -- 'cos why would you, really, unless you fall in love with someone?

Anyway, my point is that you should at least be open to whatever you feel; suppressing it is something others can still do for you
  #11   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2007, 10:43 AM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Very well put, Richard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay
There are others equally or better versed in this topic than I am (they know who they are and I hope they'll chime in) but...

I was married to a woman for 11 years. I never had sex with a man until after I came out to my wife (and the rest of the world) at age 35. Before then I'd only ever had sex with her. It worked (mostly), partly because touch is touch, kissing is kissing, but mainly because I always had these "tapes" of big musclement "playing" in my brain.

I realized fairly early on in my marriage that if (a) I had sex with my wife only occasionally and thought about men (to get hard and stay hard) while doing so and (b) I jacked off every night in between (still thinking about big muscle guys) it could only mean one thing, that I was gay.

I think it's also useful to make a distinction between orientation and behavior. My sexual activity prior to coming out was ostensibly hetero but what was going on inside my brain was homo and, consequently, from my point of view I've always been gay.

All of which (including which descriptors we adopt, if any) is stuff going on inside our heads, so I've learned better than to say, "oh, well, obviously you're gay." Ender, if you have orgasms, you're not (from my point of view) so much asexual as you are self-sexual. That's behavioral (so is celibacy!) If you are, in fact, self-sexual and if what's going on inside your head while you are pleasuring yourself is primarily or exclusively focused on men, then I'd say your orientation, at least, is probably gay.

Have I thrown in enough quibbles and caveats? The thing I always remind people is "however it works for you is how it works for you and that's a GOOD thing!"

xoxo

Richard
I always love reading your answers as they are usually concise, to the point, and a lot of times humorous (and I mean that in a good way!)

I just had to tell you that your answers on this topic are right on the mark!

MuscleMike, you will, in time, feel in which direction that you will travel and will make the decision as to how you will live your life.

In the meantime, welcome to and enjoy this great site! And definitely grow grow grow! I know exactly how you feel. At 23 I was dying to be a big muscle guy...took a while but now living my own muscle growth story and loving it! So always, no matter what the orientation, stay on top of the iron game and follow your dream!

Ron IIIII-----IIIII
  #12   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2007, 02:19 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Wink Welcome!

If only being turned on by muscular guys ( & my muscular self! ) wasn't enough to qualify me as gay; I'd be straight. We also have some actual female fans at this site. You'll find most of us don't care about the particulars; as long as you are enjoying what's here. Again; welcome!
  #13   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Okay,
I found this while browsing. Im a wanna be bodybuilder, hoping to compete 2008. Im 21, 5'9 170 pounds hoping to cycle next month. I plan to get to be 215 or so. Anyway I get turned on by muscle, and turn myself on in the mirror too. Is this site for guys who like muscle?
Yes. It is for guys who like muscular men, and women who like muscular men. It is for people who are into muscular growth and strength in men. The two key parts of what this site is about is 'muscle' and 'men'.

Quote:
Im not gay, but I do get aroused by muscle. I was hella turned on by the Orlando and Johnny Depp morphs. Is this normal?
Gay, bi, and straight are labels. Nobody really cares what you label yourself as long as you don't judge how others label themselves (there have been many flame wars when these judgements are made, and in general, both the judgements and the flame wars are not appreciated)

If you are turned on by muscle, then it is normal for you. That should be enough.

Quote:
Are you guys straight, gay, bi? Or just turned on by beef?
The site is owned by a man who identifies as gay. I identify as gay. There are guys here who identify as gay, bi and straight. Some are turned on by muscle. Others are muscular and like turning on people with their muscle.

If you enjoy some parts of the site, or all of the site, that is OK. Welcome.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #14   Add to chuckiebear's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 19th, 2007, 09:05 AM

chuckiebear is on a distinguished road
Yeah, you can call yourself straight, gay, bi, tri, or whatever. If you're turned on by muscle, and by your own in the mirror, just sit yourself down and give yourself a good talking-to. You're part of some kind of club you never asked to join, whatever you want to call it. Welcome to the club, babe!
  #15   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 19th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckiebear
Yeah, you can call yourself straight, gay, bi, tri, or whatever. If you're turned on by muscle, and by your own in the mirror, just sit yourself down and give yourself a good talking-to. You're part of some kind of club you never asked to join, whatever you want to call it. Welcome to the club, babe!
One of my favorite threads here has to do with coming out as someone who likes muscle. It isn't easy for a lot of people to do, whether because they were/are skinny or fat and were picked on as a kid, because men/women say things like "I don't like guys with too much muscle," because they can't admit something about themselves, or a myriad of other reasons.

That is the only club here.

Whatever else you might be implying about MuscledMike is both inappropriate, rude and (unless he wants to share something with you) none of your business.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #16   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 19th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
1) Don't worry about it.
2) Experiment, but play safe. Sex is not something to be afraid of. If you're inexperienced, go out and find out what feels right to you. As I said before, nobody here will judge you (and if they do, they're nothing but assholes to be ignored)

You have a right to be happy. There are things that will be right for you, and only you can know what they are.

From what you are saying, you might have an attraction to men. There is nothing wrong with that. You also might not. The only way to find out for sure is to explore your feelings, make friends, date and experiment. While some elements of society might want to pass moral judgments about premarital sex or being gay, in reality, there is nothing immoral with honesty.

Just as a warning, there are people out there who might want to take advantage of you. Sex and sexual attraction/experimentation can be fun. As you explore, always try to be true to yourself. It can be exciting to find out what really makes you happy. But there can also be a peer pressure to do things that your really don't want to do. Try not to confuse the two.

#17   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:43 AM

falseyedee is on a distinguished road
don't worry about the gay/straight/bi thing at the moment. don't be afraid of your feelings. experience them without judging them. work out and get bigger. things will sort themselves out.

i totally understand the confusion about feeling turned on by big, muscular guys and wondering if that's because you're attracted to them or because you want to have that body. i actually think that the latter is not an unusual experience for straight bodybuilders or straight guys who follow bodybuilding.

don't sweat it. things sort themselves out. just work out and get bigger.

my new website: www.falseyedee.com

my new ebook, a short story, is available at amazon.com. all my books are at at amazon.com as both paperbacks and kindle ebooks:
http://astore.amazon.com/muscleficti...ail/1452858519

for nook users, all 3 of my short story collections are available as nook ebooks!

my first 3 books are available as PDF files at gumroad.com.

www.musclefiction.com
www.falseyedee.com

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options