The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to iamadollyfan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 21st, 2007, 12:40 PM
shortfarmboy

iamadollyfan is on a distinguished road
Talking Steroids -- BEFORE & AFTER

It is a massive amount of negative or wrong information out there on steroids -- In fact, a classic example is the story of the WCW Wrestler Chris Benoit in which the media has been trying to slam his image by relating it all back to steroids when in fact the lab results came back he had no more Testosterone in his blood than the average adult male. Sure, don't get me wrong -- steroids are not for everyone and I am very aware that some people may have adverse effects, but the same is true for conventional medicine. All you have to do is listen closely to the side effects during a drug commerical -- sometimes you just want to calculate the cost! All that said...I am totally interested in MALE BODYBUILDER PICTURES related to BEFORE & AFTER STEROIDS USE. Please no morphing or photo shopped pictures. These have to be true pictures that can be verified if necessary. Please list sizes, weight and measurements related to before and after photos as well as any positive and negative effects that you have personally noticed. This information will give us all great insight! Knowledge is POWER! Thank you in advance for helping with this project.

Robbie Irby
Gladys, Virginia
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:25 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadollyfan
In fact, a classic example is the story of the WCW Wrestler Chris Benoit in which the media has been trying to slam his image by relating it all back to steroids when in fact the lab results came back he had no more Testosterone in his blood than the average adult male.
The report was as follows: "Tests show that Chris Benoit had 10 times the normal amount of testosterone in his system at the time of the attack"

Source
  #3   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 22nd, 2007, 05:46 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Talking Good retort

Drew - Excellent post. You took the words right out of my mouth.
Dave
  #4   Add to b.spencer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 22nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
Gaining Muscle Rep by Rep

b.spencer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to b.spencer
I'd love to see this. To be honest, I've really thought about starting a cycle next year (2 years after I started working out.) I know a lot of people think of them as a cheat, or whatever, but I agree with Drew and Dallas. As long as you do not walk into it blind, and understand that they are a tool -- a great tool, but not a magic bullet -- I believe you can do steroids safely. I do not have the perfect genes, the meso body, and age catches up with all of us. I just want the chance to see what I could have been like if I'd worked out with my 18 year old levels of test.

If they are death in a bottle, why aren't European BB'er's, where the stuff is legal, dropping like flies?
  #5   Add to anrikero's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:11 PM

anrikero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to anrikero
Interesting topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.spencer
I'd love to see this. To be honest, I've really thought about starting a cycle next year (2 years after I started working out.) I know a lot of people think of them as a cheat, or whatever, but I agree with Drew and Dallas. As long as you do not walk into it blind, and understand that they are a tool -- a great tool, but not a magic bullet -- I believe you can do steroids safely. I do not have the perfect genes, the meso body, and age catches up with all of us. I just want the chance to see what I could have been like if I'd worked out with my 18 year old levels of test.

If they are death in a bottle, why aren't European BB'er's, where the stuff is legal, dropping like flies?
Hello,

I also would like to see the before and after stories. I think it is too sexy to watch the changes in the body as in the attitude.

Looking for that ,I found the story of Dennis Newman. This guy was a heavy weight competitor. What it came after for him was leukemia.

BEFORE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw7iOVN6mDI

AFTER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWAlVOpgUjE

Commenting on b.spencer post, I think that we should make a follow up for some of these unknown european bodybuilders to see what happens some years from now. I mean, you don't see them dropping like flies because you see them now, in their glory, but as many other bodybuilders they will disappear of the media after their 15 minutes of fame.

On the same idea, there are many bodybuilders of the "golden age" of bodybuilding and it is almost impossible to retrieve updated pics of them from the web to see how they do like after the "AFTER".

Please don't get me wrong. I still believe that "before and after" stories are very very sexy. However there are things that people going under the use of steroids won't tell you.

My very personal opinion is that at least you are an endocrinologist or your better half is, at the end you have to determine what is more important to you: your appereance or your long term health.
  #6   Add to b.spencer's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:55 PM
Gaining Muscle Rep by Rep

b.spencer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to b.spencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrikero
Hello,

I also would like to see the before and after stories. I think it is too sexy to watch the changes in the body as in the attitude.

Looking for that ,I found the story of Dennis Newman. This guy was a heavy weight competitor. What it came after for him was leukemia.

BEFORE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw7iOVN6mDI

AFTER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWAlVOpgUjE

Commenting on b.spencer post, I think that we should make a follow up for some of these unknown european bodybuilders to see what happens some years from now. I mean, you don't see them dropping like flies because you see them now, in their glory, but as many other bodybuilders they will disappear of the media after their 15 minutes of fame.

On the same idea, there are many bodybuilders of the "golden age" of bodybuilding and it is almost impossible to retrieve updated pics of them from the web to see how they do like after the "AFTER".

Please don't get me wrong. I still believe that "before and after" stories are very very sexy. However there are things that people going under the use of steroids won't tell you.

My very personal opinion is that at least you are an endocrinologist or your better half is, at the end you have to determine what is more important to you: your appereance or your long term health.
Dennis Newman was one of the very first BBers I ever noticed. In his prime there was no one like him. I still have the ESPN vid of him winning his pro card somewhere. Too bad I do not have a VCR anymore.

I understand what you are getting at Diego. And I'd be the first one to say pumping 10x, 50x or more a normal level of anabolics in your body is stupid. I have no plans to ever compete or to need to ever look that way. I want to look good for me and my better half, who I haven't found yet.

But, by the same token, there are also safe and effective levels that can be used. And to be perfectly honest, I have thought about the choice you mentioned quite a bit. After living or "not living" the way I did for so long, I can honestly say that I'd trade years down the road for living life to the fullest now. But, I have a while yet before I really have to make that choice.

Now, on with the purpose of this thread, . . .
  #7   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:18 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
It should be pointed out that Newman's doctor stated unequivocally that steroids and GH had nothing to do with his leukemia. It was entirely a matter of genetics. Which is not to say there aren't risks; which is why it should be legal for a doctor to prescibe them, so as to monitor the athlete and minimize those risks.
  #8   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:41 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Talking Dennis

I saw Dennis Newman at my gym and it must have been after the video was done because he looked HUGE. I couldn't believe when I walked into the gym that it was Dennis Newman! He was so nice. He noticed I was looking at him and he came over and shook my hand and we talked for a bit. What I also couldn't believe was that no one else in my gym seemed to realize who was in the gym! He was HUGE and looked GREAT! His great personality was just icing on the cake.
  #9   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:07 AM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
Dennis Newman

Most certainly without a doubt one of the most gorgeous bodybuilders to ever step on a stage.
  #10   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2007, 05:25 PM

newmus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew
Speaking of realy gorgeous, whatever happened to Mike O'hearn (aka Mike O'Dell)?

Yeah different thread I know.

Speaking of roids, are there any guys on here in Germany? Customs here siezed my damned pins and I'm trying to find a domestic source -- fast.
he trains at gold's venice, i thought i mentioned that a while ago.
  #11   Add to anrikero's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:01 PM

anrikero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to anrikero
Welcoming Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmsl
I saw Dennis Newman at my gym and it must have been after the video was done because he looked HUGE. I couldn't believe when I walked into the gym that it was Dennis Newman! He was so nice. He noticed I was looking at him and he came over and shook my hand and we talked for a bit. What I also couldn't believe was that no one else in my gym seemed to realize who was in the gym! He was HUGE and looked GREAT! His great personality was just icing on the cake.

If he ran into you, it was definetively him! He is always remembered as a very approachable person and because of that he is very well known and beloved by the bodybuiling community. I really like his physique and charisma.

On the leukemia topic, I don't want to polemize. I agree that GH didn't give him the leukemia. However !GH helped his cells to grow, no matter if they were healty or carcinogen cells.
what is the cancer? = the uncontrolled celular proliferation.

Now, talking of the initial topic of this thread... Anyone have Steroid BEFORE and AFTER examples?
  #12   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2007, 09:16 AM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
I don't know how one would find pictures like this. Guys aren't in a position to be honest about AAS use, so the most you could do is guess. And sometimes the most extreme changes happen in the first months of training, with or without steroids. You could post pictures of a bodybuilder's first amateur contest, and then what he looks like as a pro; but that would be no guarantee he wasn't "on" in the early pictures too.

There was a guy who wrote a steroid guide book a few years ago who posted pictures of his son pre and post cycle, but I have no idea where to find those now. The changes weren't all that dramatic anyway. I think people have an exagerrated idea of how much difference steroids make, in the short term. Like everything else in bodybuilding, those changes happen slowly over a period of many years, even with steroids.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options