You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to kezzz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:28 PM

kezzz is on a distinguished road
Angry Muscles attract muscles?

G'day all. I don't want to come sounding like a sour-grape or anything... just am real puzzled and mindblown with a question.

I'm gay, and I'm very into muscles. However I'm not built like King Kong or Ronnie, or anyone muscled. I'm slim-fit-build, which I do get a few comment on "how nice and sexy looking my body" is. I'm quite frankly flattered with such nice compliment but I do feel that sometimes, people said that and doesn't sound very genuine.

Whichever it may be, I do wish to fulfill my fantasy... but living where I am, it seems like an impossible mission to find or spot one out from the crowd (or anywhere). What's my fantasy you asked? Well... as with many guys here, I think we all fantasise to meet a nice hot-build muscled man. Yeah, I love muscles, and so into them...

But I don't think with my current build, I'm getting any attraction from those guys... I've been working out, doing my best to pack on or build muscles on... but I don't think I'm packing any more, any quicker. So I know it's a very slow process and take dedication, I can accept that.

However, meanwhile... I don't think any of the muscled men, seem to register a blib of me in their sight. Tried as I might, I think I'm merely a fly in their view.

Question is, are muscles only attracted to muscles? Sounded quite true and disappointing (dishearten) to feel it that way.

*sigh*
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:13 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Answer

For the most part, initially, yes, most bodybuilders (well built men) are attracted to other well built men - Why? - because they immediately have something in common and immediately understand each other at least on one level that non-well-built-men don't understand nor can relate to.

Now, does that mean that some bodybuilders don't fall in love with non-bodybuilders? Of course they do. Fortunately for you, there is no hard and fast rule regarding whom you will fall in love with.
  #3   Add to ctnycbk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2007, 05:58 AM

ctnycbk is on a distinguished road
you are not a body builder but are attracted to bodybuilders. You are attracted to someone who looks different than you, so why would body builders not be attracted to something different too?

Every man has tastes all his own. some like blondes, some like redheads, some like men, some like women, some like athletic and toned, some like built muscle. Don't assume you can't have your fantasy just because you are not your ideal shape yet.

keep going to the gym and working out. and when you get your fantasy, send me pics of you two. you picture is hot.
  #4   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2007, 06:17 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
I've certainly never figured it out. It's no great surprise to me that bb'ers would be attracted to other bb'ers and not to me. But then guys who were, for all intents and purposes, built just like me (broad shoulders, thick chest, beefy arms and legs, but not ripped) never seemed to be interested in me either. The guys who were fairly consistently interested in me were (a) cute young slender things who were attracted to big guys or (b) bears who liked the idea of someone who was big without having the big belly, too.

<< shrugs >>

Eventually, I figured out that "being attracted to me, for whatever reason" was a very attractive quality, and stopped worrying about it (as much.) And then it becomes a moot point. When no one is interested, you just live with it.

Richard
  #5   Add to kezzz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2007, 01:57 PM

kezzz is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hey guys, thanks for the replies so far. Appreciate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmsl
... because they immediately have something in common and immediately understand each other at least on one level that non-well-built-men don't understand nor can relate to.
I do question their thinking though, what made them think that some of us (like me) who are in the process of achieving what they have achieved, not knowing or sharing something common with them? I think those who are determined, do understand and can see what they (muscled guys) had to go through to maintain, build, and achieve the physique they're wearing today. I just felt that they should be of some mentor or at least giving some supporting help, a positiveness to help boosting one's believe and pushing harder to achieve the physique which may eventually attract other people. It's a karma, gives other what may have given to you (in previous life).

Anyhow, I don't seek a bodybuilder for a relationship. I'm in a wonderful relationship, but I am interested to be-friend with one or two bodybuilders and trying to mingle and share something common (although, judging by the physique, there's a lot of dissimilarity than common).

Don't get me wrong though, everyone. I came to accept the fact that I won't be in every muscled guys' eyes. I dealt with that and gone past that... but I am just as curious to figure out what's ticking in their psychological part of their brain. It's crude to say this, but seems like muscle/brawn can only see brawn in their mind... but clearly they don't exhibit the intelligent/courteous part of their behaviour. I mean is it hard to show some level of understanding, friendliness, and/or even positiveness to another being?

I'm sorry if my post sounded bitter and viceful to some of the muscled guys here who are genuinely very nice and courteous. Clearly, I am pointing out the very small number of the people that don't show it that way.

Regardless how though, I appreciate those who think alike and just as curious as me, or have been through this path and feeling the soreness, and thank you for the encouraging words to help one feel "bigger" than before. (Thanks, ctnycbk)
  #6   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2007, 02:43 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Talking I think...

that as your development gets more noticeable; bigger guys will be crawling out of the woodwork to "mentor" you! Another reason big guys go for other big guys: a lot of us "like it rough"; but don't actually want to hurt anybody. With a guy your own size & strength; you don't have to hold back; but they can take it (& dish it out!) Muscles make GREAT padding; & a good time is had by all!.
  #7   Add to SteepMike81's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2007, 01:00 PM

SteepMike81 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to SteepMike81
There's lots of big guys that like smaller guys out there. A few years back i was dating a big bouncer and i was like 5'9 and 116lbs (naturally small build). He loved the idea of snuggling and being protective of his little guy. He never liked other big guys at all. Then there are other muscle guys into muscle guys.

Remember, if someone is going to like you, they're going to like you for who YOU are, and not exclusively because of the way you look. And try not to take it personally.

So to answer your question, in my opinion is yes/no.
  #8   Add to paarke's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2007, 01:06 PM

paarke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to paarke
I wish I could find a big muscleguy that liked me!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options