You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to pr4muscles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2004, 09:23 PM

pr4muscles
Can't get enough

Honestly... I'm always driven to get big. I mean I feel weird cause I don't necessarily get off on other guys being muscular... but when I see other guys size and power and I imagine it on my body and I get hard as hell. Is anyone like that? It's probably a matter of confidence... but that's my ultimate goal... just to have a clothes busting, eye jutting, wow looking, mass popping powerful physique. Does anyone feel that way... like just the need to grow into a massive muscular monster?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2004, 01:53 AM
LeatherGryphon

To fantasize growing, becoming huge, bulgy, N-like, the heat of your blood driving wild images, lusts and fluids through your burning body. To lose yourself in the image. To find yourself looking 'out' of the mirror or page or screen. To 'be' not necessarily 'be with' the muscle monster. Yeah, that's what lights me up.

-- LeatherGryphon --
  #3   Add to rp28nct's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Developing Muscle Mammoth

rp28nct
Same here

Hey,

I can definitely relate to this aspect of the muscle fetish. Imagery is important in weight training as you can visualize your goals... seeing someone elses chest development and imagining it on your body... kinda like picking and choosing the features you want for yourself.

When I was younger, I would fantasize about this all the time. Pick up a muscle mag and flip through it while imagining what I'd feel and look like with that guy's biceps and this guy's abs. It always made me uncomfortably hard.

Now, I try to use those fantasies to focus myself during workouts. It's been difficult to keep the fantasy focused and finish my workouts. But, when I do get through a workout, I always feel much better because I know I've taken steps to achieve the body I've only fantasized about.

Anyway, you're not alone, guys!

Russ

Last edited by rp28nct; January 6th, 2011 at 04:42 AM.
  #4   Add to muscle_d_2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2004, 10:01 AM

muscle_d_2000
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_d_2000
Love to see muscle growth in others as well as experience it myself. These last few years have been all about personally getting physically bigger... having started out 3 years ago at 215 and now hitting 270 during a bulking program. Nothing feels quite as good as putting on a shirt that used to be big and now doesn't button across the chest or ripping out a sleeve when flexing. I've always felt this way and now find myself finally enjoying the results of many years in the gym, the last couple of which being more intensive.

btw...Guys, check out the latest issue of the Atlantic Monthly. Very interesting article on the issue of physical perfection including muscle growth.
  #5   Add to sexiscriptor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Your Adoring Fanboy

sexiscriptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sexiscriptor
I think this is a big part of why a lot of us have joined this forum: to find others who are into these sorts of things and to explore these topics indepthedly. I know that I, for one, am and always have been fascinated [and turned on] by this sort of stuff.

Things happen.
  #6   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2004, 04:56 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Sounds like you're ready for some new pix, Muscle_D_2000. Get a move on, hunnypot!

xoxo

Richard
  #7   Add to buffdoc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2004, 05:46 PM

buffdoc
Send a message via Yahoo to buffdoc
Muscle growth is an interesting topic and with the internet I think it is clear that it has a rather broad appeal. The fantasy aspect of becoming big and huge quickly is definitively a turn on; but for me personally, I get a much greater buzz on the own personal muscle gains that have accumulated. Compared to professional bodybuilders I am nothing special; yet when you start out with a 12 inch biceps and 2 1/2 years later it is a rock hard 17.5 inches you feel pretty damn good about yourself.
  #8   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2004, 06:45 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Whoa!

Muscle d 2000, you are 270 lbs?!?! Yikes! Do you still have any of your 215 lb clothes? If you take new pics we would love to see the 270 lb bulk buldging out of the 215 lb clothing!!
You too Buffdoc, it would be great to see an old shirt or something that used to fit your 12in arms but fits tight now!
  #9   Add to built_spill's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 17th, 2004, 08:20 AM

built_spill is on a distinguished road
270? Damn.

I need to head up to Lansing, sometime.
  #10   Add to muscle_d_2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 19th, 2004, 11:26 AM

muscle_d_2000
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_d_2000
Going to take some new pics this week guys. Built_Spill... anytime buddy.
  #11   Add to pr4muscles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2004, 10:33 PM

pr4muscles
Everyday i just want to spontaneously grow... and bust out of my clothes... like a scene out of the Hulk! lol. I wanna feel a rush of size and power! damn... to be that big, can you imagine? But it's possible to attain a massive body, it just takes time... thanks for the posts guys!
  #12   Add to sexiscriptor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 22nd, 2004, 11:58 AM
Your Adoring Fanboy

sexiscriptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sexiscriptor
It's almost surprising how broad an appeal the concept of [spontaneous] muscle growth has.
Anyone who's ever lifted, as buffdoc has said, knows that wonderful feeling of confidence and positivity they get in respond to their gains. In addition, weighlifters, and guys especially, would kill for a way to be able to bulk up instantly--or almost instantly--with little or none of the work it would take to do so the painful, natural way. The reason I say guys are especially prone to such desires is that many feel the need to be supreme; the strongest, the biggest, the best.
Now of course that is mostly stereotyped behavior, but on some level, just about every guy at least likes to be at his own, personal best.

Things happen.
  #13   Add to bulkinupbig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 22nd, 2004, 04:32 PM

bulkinupbig
Bulking up vs. cutting up for a competition

Hitting the gym vigorously... pounding out set after set, rep after rep and eating to grow takes a great deal of work. The rewards of getting bigger and seeing the scale go up and up and up and reaching 280 plus pounds of muscle in the offseason is incredibly motivating.

What I've learned is that it is incredibly more difficult to diet down for a contest. The dieting may not be the hard part, but the cardio and contest prep and carb depletion and water depletion and posing prepartion... also takes a great dealof work. Even though you know you will look awesome on stage at 240 pounds with vascularity and definition that will hopefully impress the judges... seeing and feeling less "big" is hard on the ego and the psyche. Ah, but when they call out your name and number and you know you've just won... makes it seems to be worth the sacrifice...

Regardless of whether one does it for the love of the sport, the persuit of physical perfection or the simple desire to test oneself the ultimate maximum... it is insane...
  #14   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:05 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Pix dammit, we want pix!

rpj

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic