The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:59 PM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
injuries

Some times I feel like I'm the only one that ever suffers from "minor" set backs lifting. Right now I am under doctor's orders not to do any benching or any pressing movements or anything that isolates the triceps because I have tendonitis in my right elbow. It's really starting to affect my mood. I feel like crap most of the time. I go to the gym and watch guys benching, doing triceps work and it just frustrates me. I've been trying to turn my focus to cardio during this time, but it's not working 100%.

On top of that, I was supposed to get physical therapy on my elbow but my insurance company has to review my case to see if it's medically necessary for me to have the therapy before they will pay for it. Why do I pay for insurance if I can't use it?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 18th, 2007, 02:08 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
I haven't been going at it long enough / consistently enough for that to have been an issue. I'm sure that it will do so eventually. I'm guessing I won't be too happy when it does!

Hang in there, though. It's always 2 steps forward, 1 step back (as another friend here likes to remind me!) Sounds like you need to do something to make it interesting -- maybe donkey calf raises with Bobcat sitting on your back? Sounds like that boy has serious crush on you, if you ask me! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #3   Add to Frankly's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 18th, 2007, 05:36 PM

Frankly is on a distinguished road
That sucks dude. I have messed up my shoulder a few times, always kills me because everything uses the shoulder. When it happens, I take glutamine, helps with joints, and focus on legs, Squats become my bench.

Hope it works out, pretty soon you will be back into the swing of things, i am sure.
  #4   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 19th, 2007, 05:40 AM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay
I haven't been going at it long enough / consistently enough for that to have been an issue. I'm sure that it will do so eventually. I'm guessing I won't be too happy when it does!

Hang in there, though. It's always 2 steps forward, 1 step back (as another friend here likes to remind me!) Sounds like you need to do something to make it interesting -- maybe donkey calf raises with Bobcat sitting on your back? Sounds like that boy has serious crush on you, if you ask me! :-)

xoxo

Richard
What boy are you talking about Richard?
  #5   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:13 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Hmm...

One of them calls me Dozer. He says I'm a little slow moving but I can push a lot of weight around. lol. He started calling himself "bobcat" (mini dozer) because he's 5'10" 150#, ripped and hard. He's been lifting with me for a little over a year and he's packed on 25# of solid muscle.

That one!
  #6   Add to grywlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 27th, 2007, 02:04 AM

grywlf is on a distinguished road
hey

i wasn't sure where this belonged till i saw your thread i recently got some very bad news i was recovering from knee surgery last spring and i started having lower back pain i ignored it for quite awhile then one day i bent over
and couldn't unbend i figure at the time a day or two in bed i'd be fine i ended up in bed for 5 weeks but it never fully healed after serval months a few xrays and mri they found alot of damage to my lumbar spine in peticuar the l5 disk in hernieted so bad there nothing left the disks above it show some damage but not as bad years of heavy lifting maybe a degentive disk disease they don't know yet meanwhile i have to wait for insurance to find out it surgery can help
me or if this is it i can't walk or sit up much all i can do is hope and pray that
a doctor can help me when the insurance comes
  #7   Add to grywlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 27th, 2007, 02:04 AM

grywlf is on a distinguished road
hey

i wasn't sure where this belonged till i saw your thread i recently got some very bad news i was recovering from knee surgery last spring and i started having lower back pain i ignored it for quite awhile then one day i bent over
and couldn't unbend i figure at the time a day or two in bed i'd be fine i ended up in bed for 5 weeks but it never fully healed after serval months a few xrays and mri they found alot of damage to my lumbar spine in peticuar the l5 disk in hernieted so bad there nothing left the disks above it show some damage but not as bad years of heavy lifting maybe a degentive disk disease they don't know yet meanwhile i have to wait for insurance to find out it surgery can help
me or if this is it i can't walk or sit up much all i can do is hope and pray that
a doctor can help me when the insurance comes
  #8   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 17th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
I have a pretty shitty left shoulder, and I haven't a clue how I got that. I never noticed until I started lifting. Never broke or dislocated it, but even if I warm it up really well, my left shoulder often hurts with chest exercises. Pity, cos I love doing dumbbell flyes.
  #9   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 18th, 2007, 04:48 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
My biggest injury has been a recurrent case of tendonitis, I was told that this particular problem came from gripping too hard while benching, and doing pushdowns with too hard a grip. I lightened up on my grip--not as easy as it sounds, and my tendonitis has basically gone away.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options