The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to moonlight429's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2007, 08:38 PM

moonlight429 is on a distinguished road
Listen the doctor or move on diet?

Hi friend, last week when I visit my doctor he told me that ?your weight is not that important, your fitness is more important then your weight?. But friend is it true? As long as I know the growing health is a earlier sign of unfitness. And it also makes you look ugly. So what do I do to stay in shape? Listen the doctor or move on diet?
  #2   Add to CTeen's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2007, 09:42 PM

CTeen
Well, depends on how much you weigh, too.

However, you can be a completely healthy individual and be overweight, provided that you are physically active, eat 'healthy' foods and take care of yourself. However, if you're already doing all the right things... why can't you lose a few extra pounds as well?

Being overweight increases your risk for pretty much every disease known to man, but doesn't mean you are going to get them. Being overweight ITSELF is not the risk factor, its the lifestyle and habits that usually accompany it (well, until you get into the very high numbers). If you would feel better about yourself if you lost weight, than that itself might be worth it... but take your time, make realistic goals and always be happy with yourself.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to muscleted18's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 8th, 2007, 10:20 AM

muscleted18
Send a message via Yahoo to muscleted18
I think what your doc might be saying is, don?t focus on weight loss right this second, if your out of shape, yes overweight does usually tag along with that, but for example a runner can be out of shape yet still be thin. It?s all about how your body reacts when you physically exert yourself. So instead of trying to loose weight, try to get into the habit of going to the gym 4-5 times a week and getting your heart rate up for at least 30 consecutive minutes, 60 if you have the time and energy. Also try to incorporate some weights into your routine. If your not already in the habit of going to the gym, start out with going twice a week for a couple weeks, then bump it up to 3 times, then a few weeks later, try for four times a week. Finally get up to that 4-5 times a week range. Slowly your cardiovascular health will improve and you can go longer and faster. Then once you have established a regular fitness routine, start incorporating more weights. Also, at this point SLOWLY start to change your dietary habits. Start with cutting out one of your bad dietary habits, then a week later try to cut out another and another so on and so forth. Getting your body "in shape" is more or less just making you be physically prepared for intense activity. Once you are "in shape" you can work on transforming the appearance of your body. Hope this helps....
  #4   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 8th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Like everyone said Weight is just a number as is Body Mass Index by themselves they are meanless... and obsessing about numbers is a waste of energy if you can look in the mirror and honestly like what you see you most like don't need to worry...

I you want some numbers that are more meaningful to watch I would suggest the following...

Blood Pressure - in general lower is better but check with your Doctor

Resting Heart Rate - again for most people lower is better

Recovery Time - The time it takes for you heart rate to return to it's resting rate after exertion

%body fat - ratio of fat to lean body mass

Blood Sugar and Insulin Levels - being diabetic (type 1 or type 2) is not a good thing

If you have them all at reasonable levels you should be pretty good shape and look good in the mirror too...

Ender

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options