The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to blueeyes1032's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:04 PM

blueeyes1032 is on a distinguished road
Sugar-busters Diet?

Hi friends, in my life I never tried diet before and this would be the fast time when I decided to go on diet. But before starting I was wondering what are the differences between EACH diet, Atkins Diet, Weight watchers Diet, Slim Fast Optima Diet, and the Sugar-busters Diet? Are all these diets for everyone? And how do these diets work? If possible plz explain me in details
  #2   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:20 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes1032
Hi friends, in my life I never tried diet before and this would be the fast time when I decided to go on diet. But before starting I was wondering what are the differences between EACH diet, Atkins Diet, Weight watchers Diet, Slim Fast Optima Diet, and the Sugar-busters Diet? Are all these diets for everyone? And how do these diets work? If possible plz explain me in details
Honestly, all those diets are just "fads". Because it would take forever to explain in detail each of those diets, I'll just give ya some links and let you read up yourself.

Atkins: http://www.atkins.com/

Weight Watchers: http://www.weightwatchers.com/about/index.aspx

Slim Fast: http://www.slim-fast.com/splash.asp

Sugar Busters: http://www.sugarbusters.com/

If you can't tell, dieting isn't something I know much about, since I've never needed to do it.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMM
Honestly, all those diets are just "fads".

... Snip ...

If you can't tell, dieting isn't something I know much about, since I've never needed to do it.
That almost sounded like a que...

The thing is "Diets Don't Work" because eventually you come off them and if you go back to your old ways of eating you will put back all the weight and generally more...

If you want to lose fat and not have it come back you need to change the way you eat and relate to food

Rather then 2 or 3 large meals a day go to about 6 smaller meals or snacks spaced out 2-3 hours apart try to maintain a good balance of Protein, Carbs and Fats in all the feedings...

Whats a "good" balance... that depends on who ask... What has worked for me? I have had good luck with 40/40/20 protein/carbs/fat, right now I am working with a 60/30/10 p/c/f mix, I want to build some muscle while still dropping fat, this is a bit tricky especially with the fat because to lose fat you need to eat a fair bit of "good fat" stuff like fish oil or flax seed oil and to fit what good fat you need and stay under 10% of your intake leaves very room for the fat in a juicy steak or oil to cook stuff with...

Fat really isn't bad it's main problem is that a gram of fat has twice the calories as a gram of protein or carbs... you need carbs to keep your nervous system a brain working right (they can't burn fats) and you need protein to repair and build muscle and other body tissue, but other than a little to cushion organs you don't normal need fat in your body... We have it as an backup energy source in case of famine and the body is setup to convert unused carbs into fat so you can use it later if you need it.

Any way the 40/40/20 mix is pretty easy to live by and you don't to sweat the good/bad fat thing much...

I could go on with this but I need to do some other stuff if you want to talk more drop me a line...

Ender
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options