Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Something personal: RIP Snowy 1995-2007

Totally off topic... my dog Snowy died tonight. http://picasaweb.google.com/scottsaf...owy19952007RIP

She was a good dog. She was loving and only wanted to be loved.

We got Snowy when she was 3. Her original owner didn't want her anymore. A neighbor brought her home. I, being a dog person (think the movie Best In Show), made friends with her. After a month, she got sick and I offered to nurse her back to health. It was the night of the Tony Awards (you know I'm gay, right?), and she moved in. My partner, who is not a dog person, fell in love with her. When she was well, I let him make the decision to keep her or not. She stayed with us for the next decade.

Her death came on suddenly. Yesterday, there was nothing wrong. Maybe it was something she ate. Maybe it was a blocked intestine. Maybe it was an unknown tumor that ruptured. I don't know and I don't care. When I came home, I called the vet, who said she didn't think it was serious. it was. Snowy was dead less than two hour later. I am a dog person, and I totally support this vet's diagnosis. There was no way we could have known it was that serious.

Believing it was OK, I went to the gym. Snowy didn't want me to go, and I feel very bad now about that (hindsight is always 20/20) When I got back, the dog was "down", but seemed capable of getting up (probably not in retrospect). I showered, and when I got out, she was vomiting. She died 5 minutes later. At least I was there with her. She didn't die alone. (Note to those who know us, Champ was not home. I had to call him, shouting the dog was dead. He was devastated)

She was a good dog. I'll miss her. I loved her. She only wanted to be loved and she did get that, but still -- I'm very sad right now.

Scott (aka Corwin)

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to ohiobuck47's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:49 PM

ohiobuck47
Send a message via Yahoo to ohiobuck47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
Totally off topic... my dog Snowy died tonight. http://picasaweb.google.com/scottsaf...owy19952007RIP

We got Snowy when she was 3. Her original owner didn't want her anymore. A neighbor brought her home. I, being a dog person (think the movie Best In Show), made friends with her. After a month, she got sick and I offered to nurse her back to health. It was the night of the Tony Awards (you know I'm gay, right?), and she moved in. My partner, who is not a dog person, fell in love with her. When she was well, I let him make the decision to keep her or not. She stayed with us for the next decade.

Her death came on suddenly. Yesterday, there was nothing wrong. Maybe it was something she ate. Maybe it was a blocked intestine. Maybe it was an unknown tumor that ruptured. I don't know and I don't care. When I came home, I called the vet, who said she didn't think it was serious. it was. Snowy was dead less than two hour later. I am a dog person, and I totally support this vet's diagnosis. There was no way we could have known it was that serious.

Believing it was OK, I went to the gym. Snowy didn't want me to go, and I feel very bad now about that (hindsight is always 20/20) When I got back, the dog was "down", but seemed capable of getting up (probably not in retrospect). I showered, and when I got out, she was vomiting. She died 5 minutes later. At least I was there with her. She didn't die alone. (Note to those who know us, Champ was not home. I had to call him, shouting the dog was dead. He was devastated)

She was a good dog. I'll miss her. I loved her. She only wanted to be loved and she did get that, but still -- I'm very sad right now.

Scott (aka Corwin)

Scott,

I am very sorry for your loss. It is obvious you and Champ loved Snowy very much. A dog is one of the few creatures in this world that gives one unconditional love. I know you will miss her very much, but you will still have fond memories to remember her by. Take care.

Brian from Ohio
  #3   Add to ts1976's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 26th, 2007, 02:11 AM

ts1976 is on a distinguished road
I'm so sorry. I know how difficult it is to lose a beloved pet. May your good memories of Snowy sustain you during your time of grief.

Take care,
Mel

Last edited by ts1976; October 28th, 2007 at 07:47 PM.
  #4   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 26th, 2007, 02:54 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Sorry for your loss

Hi Corwin,
Sorry for the loss of your very beautiful dog. I know she meant a lot to you. I have three dogs myself and each of them is a god-send in their own way. I can't imagine how I'll handle it when it happens. My oldest is 7. Youngest is close to three (we guess).
My best to you at this time.
Dave
  #5   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 27th, 2007, 01:13 AM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
I'm so sorry.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin

Scott (aka Corwin)
I am dreadfully sorry to hear of your loss......

I lost my companion a little under a year ago..... and I think of him almost every day. His name was RJ, and I was blessed with him for 16 years.

And yes, you never really ever know, all you can do is your best and love them. And I have a saying... you can't save them all, but you can do it one at a time. REst assured that Snowy loved you deeply as you loved her. And she will always be with you, smiling....

Hugs to you, and I will say a prayer for Snowy tonight.....

Ron IIII----IIII
  #6   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 27th, 2007, 08:58 PM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
I know how you feel

Scott,

I was so sorry to hear about Snowy. She was a beautiful girl. My childhood dog, Coquette and I grew up together. I got her when I was 10 and she lived to be 16. She went through grade school, junior high, high school, college, and early career with me. I was asleep when she died. It nearly killed me. She was one of my best friends. Last year, my faithful companion, a white mouse named Mr. Clooney, died. I loved him very much, and miss him still. Some people find it hard to understand how animals come to be some of our best friends. But the love between a pet and their human companion is probably the only completely unconditional love you will ever find on this planet. They are always glad to see us, and their affection is not dependent on what kind of a day it's been. They just love us. And we all need a little unqualified adoration in our lives. I'm so very very sorry. I'll send up a prayer for you and Snowy.
  #7   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 28th, 2007, 06:37 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
On your loss

Scott,

As a dog person myself, I understand your feelings about Snowy. Although I haven't been able to have a dog since I left home, I always remember the love and affection from my dogs growing up. {Anyone who says a dog can't smile doesn't know dogs!}

My deepest condolences on your loss,

Tim
  #8   Add to bossfo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2007, 02:02 PM

bossfo is on a distinguished road
sorry to hear the news

I am also a dog lover, as I sit here in my home office with my 9 year old staffordshire snoring wildly... I was sorry to read about Snowy...

jb
  #9   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Thanks everyone for you thoughts. It's almost been a week and we are still very upset and miss Snowy very much. I've had a number of dogs and I can say that she was the best -- well behaved, loving, caring, protective with a big personality and a big heart. It will take us some time to get over her loss.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #10   Add to sexiscriptor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Your Adoring Fanboy

sexiscriptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sexiscriptor
losing anything is hard; the more dear, the harder. And pets are possibly the dearest things in the universe (when was the last time anyone had a "lover's quarrel" dog? or a reg'lar ole spat with their cat?)
I'm glad to hear you guys took great care of her and loved her immensely; you're right it's all she would have wanted. It's all any dog, cat, or other pet wants.
{hugs!}
~Chris

Things happen.
  #11   Add to Ogun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 11th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Flaming Dreamer

Ogun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ogun Send a message via Skype™ to Ogun
. . .
*prays*

My Squiby!