The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Steven's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 28th, 2007, 11:00 PM

Steven
My Fright Night!!!

This is my virgin post on this board. I?m not sure if this story, which is really an account of a day in my life, is even a legitimate fit on this forum. I realize most of the stories here are works of fiction, but all I have to contribute are things and events that have happened to me. Plus, this isn?t exactly what I?d call a muscle growth account, though muscles are definitely involved. It happened about ten years ago when I was in college. I had only recently met this guy, who was destined to become my true friend for life. It was Halloween night, so, with it being the season at hand, I thought I?d post it here, as I posted it on another story board a couple years back. I would ask the board owner, if he feels this story is too far off base, and not in keeping with the theme of this site, to delete it.

Below is the entire text that I simply lifted off my online journal as it appeared on that other board?so if you want to bypass my boring introduction to that other board, just skip down to, ?MY FRIGHT NIGHT!!!?, and begin reading.

__________________________________________________ _______________

I want to start off the story I?m about to tell with an apology for my lack of writing experience, which I fear shows up all too vividly on screen. I just tell/write the story, as best I can remember it, in a sort of bullish, all out, non-stop keyboard pounding style. So, if you bother to dredge through this story, please, mentally smooth out the rough spots and fill in the blanks where needed.

I wanted to contribute something to the board. Been awhile since I?ve posted anything. Let me say again, I don?t consider myself a real writer, so I limit myself to the TRUE SECTION, where I can simply write about a few memorable events in my life. Ones that I guess? I?m supposing? at least hoping, may interest some of the members of this board. A few days in my past really stick out and are very memorable, at least to me personally. So, it?s those I?ll share.

I?ve kept a journal (sketchy at best) since my college years, and it aids me a bit in some of these recollections. The few events that I?d even consider commenting on, to this board, are ones where even the colors and smells and things of far lesser significance are etched permanently in my brain.

Several years back I wrote and posted the brief account of how I met the guy who ended up becoming my best friend (looks like for life). It happened about eight years ago on the University campus where we both attended. I called it, ?CHANCE ENCOUNTER?, and I feel sure some of you will remember it. I refer back to that story several times, so I hope you guys did read it and recall it to memory. I?d re-post ?Chance Encounter? but as of this writing, I can?t seem to locate it.

Other than the shared events in our two lives, I don?t know much else to write about and contribute to this board. So when thinking about Halloween this week, it was hard not to recall one particular ?All hallows eve.? It was the first one I ever spent with my best friend, and one that I?ll never forget. I wrote this story shortly after posting ?Chance Encounter?, but never had the guts to ask my friend for permission to post this one - until now? it?s of a fairly personal nature.

I want to warn you, that what I can see coming in this ?day in my life? may seem, well, how shall I put it ? ?TAME?? in comparison to my first story. I mean, that?s just the way it is ? it?s a ?true? story, but yet, one that is close to my heart. This day stands out in my mind as a very significant day. If it doesn?t at least tug at my heart, just as ?CHANCE ENCOUNTER? did, (though it was more of a pounding than a tug), then it would be a very difficult write for me. So, it may end up lacking a bit in the ?muscle talk? that we all know so well and love so much. I just can?t see where it would properly fit in, that is, to the degree that may be required to keep you guys happy.

Comments are Welcomed.

OK, please forgive this long introduction of sorts...having said all that, let it begin:

MY FRIGHT NIGHT!!!

Well, it was closing in on Halloween night and we still hadn?t come up with just how we wanted to face the unsuspecting world this ?all hallows eve?. Of course, winning first place at one of the local nightspots, for best costume, was the goal we had in mind. Not so much me, but my best friend who I was rooming with in the dorm this fall semester, and for the rest of our college careers, as well.

For those of you well versed in this story board: YES, it?s the same guy I had met a few months before, who I wrote about in ? Chance Encounter?. For those who haven?t read it, you may want to leave this place and read it first, so you?ll know whom I?m referring to in this installment. Just don?t forget to come back. Lol

Texas Instruments couldn?t total the number of ideas for costumes that had run through our minds. I don?t know about you, but when I begin to think about choosing a costume, for myself or someone else, I try not only to come up with something that looks good, but also something that accentuates that persons personality and character, and in my friends case, his physique! So, in keeping with the astronomical number of hours my friend and myself have spent moving some reasonably heavy weights around, I wanted to wear something that, at least to some degree, showed off all that muscle we?ve worked our butts off for! My friend really wanted the same, but at times seemed to fight against this idea of costumes that bared a bit more flesh, almost as if he was out to aggravate me. He does that sometimes. He can almost always ?get? to me when he tries, cause he does it so seldom I fall for it. He is, 99.9 percent of the time, so nice and kind and gentle, that he almost comes across as being naive, if you know what I mean. Kinda like a pushover, except, to look at him standing there with all this incredible sculpted muscle, you know the pushover thing is simply out of the question. And when you begin talking to him, you quickly realize that besting him through mental skills, well?that wouldn?t be a back door in. What can I say, this guy is just about too good to be true?to be real?but yet?there he is! There hasn?t been much change in his physical appearance since my description of him in ?Chance Encounter?; other than his back had gotten to be even better. More powerful looking. Yep, when he flexes, it?s the proverbial roadmap, etched to perfection. And when he fans out his lats, oh man! It reminds me of a Cobra, rearing back to strike. Yes, even the lower back ?Christmas tree? is there. Once again though (see Chance Encounter), he was not into the competitive bodybuilding scene, though we had talked about his being only a step away from it. How can I put it?he has this body?or let?s say this ? if a bodybuilding competition was being held, and all the competitors were on stage, and my friend streaked across the stage (No, I don?t mean naked!), I would imagine the whole audience would gasp, and say??Who the blankedy-blank was that??!! Hey, bring him back for another look!!!? Not that he would take first place, but deserving of an honorable mention?hell yeah! And beyond his shape, his totally picture perfect skin tone and texture is awesome to behold, just in itself. This is no exaggeration - he once (after a discussion about his perfect skin), let me look him over from head to toe, to find even one blemish?I could not find, even one! Ok, it was a bet?one that I lost. I will say this, he, unlike most of the other guys I know, showers twice a day, almost without failure (sometimes three). Once in the morning and then at night shortly after his main workout. I used to be a ?one shower a day? guy myself, but now, what can I say, he started ?rubbing off? on me. I won?t get graphic here, but I will say, that at the University we attended, the men?s dorms have open/mass showers, and I just wanted to add, cause I made of point of watching, my friend uses plan soap and water, no special oils or cremes or anything. I know, I?m going on and on about this, cause the absolutely NO Blemish thing really gets to me! I mean, he doesn?t even try to have this spotless body, but gets it anyway. And his muscles seem to always have this little bit of ?gleam? to them. As my mother said about him once ? ?he just has the healthiest looking gleam to his skin?. Yes! I got jealous. And here goes ? the line I know you?ve heard a thousand times, but I must use it - If you applied the right color to his body, he could actually pass as a marble statue. I mean, his muscles are so defined, it?s like he was sculpted by hand. You know, a good sculptor can make whatever he wants. He just applies the clay or chips away at the marble until it?s exactly the way he wants his work of art to look. He can add on, or take away, till the finished product is as perfect as he wants it to be. Well?that?s what I mean by, he could pass as a statue. A marble one at that, cause he?s so smooth looking, with that darn gleam! Sometimes I can?t stand it! But, of course, you know I can stand it, and very well at that. lol. Even his feet, (which I consider the ugliest part of the human anatomy), look good. You know, it?s degrading to have to kiss someone?s feet, but kissing his feet wouldn?t bother me at all. lol.

OK, enough of the descriptions and back to the other ?meat? of the story, and Halloween night.

So, speaking of that marble look, I finally talked him into a body-paint costume. He wouldn?t go for quite what I had in mind, but he came up with the idea of going as a marine, in camouflage garb and paint. Yes, he came up with that idea all on his own ? I was proud of him. Camo pants, boots and helmet, but, Oh, So Shirtless. I knew if camo paint was applied correctly, with a little style and flare, it could be sensational. He wanted ME to apply this paint, but I had absolutely no confidence in my ability to pull that off. I got this idea of going to a local tattoo parlor, so that?s what we did. There usually are some pretty good artists in most tattoo parlors. They actually agreed to apply the paint for no fee at all. This guy was a true artist! Fuck, when my friend pealed off his shirt, the guys at the parlor said it was almost sacrilege to camouflage his body. One work of art shouldn?t be covered by another, but the tattoo guy said he could at least attempt to accentuate his muscles with the paint, and he did just that! The finished product blew us both away! Watching him hand paint my friends body was the most spectacular sight. It bordered on eroticism. I thought the artist would spray paint it on, but instead he felt it would work better to do it by hand?hummmm?I wondered about that, and I know my friend felt a bit awkward. I remember him asking, ?You mean you?re going to rub it on me?!?By hand?!!?Oh man!!?, and looked at me and just started laughing. As the artist started, I was mesmerized! The artist continually wanted him to flex his muscle, (at the point and just beyond), where he was applying the paint. He said he wanted to follow the lines and crevasses of the musculature of his body. What a show it was!! Some other young guys, who were there looking on, (it drew a crowd), said they wanted to have the same done, cause they wanted that look, but the artist said, which I thought was kinda funny, that he needed more than a ?flat? canvas to work with. I felt sorry for those guys, when everyone started laughing. I know, the people in that place were getting the ?heart pounding? show of their lives! Cause you see, I was too, and I?ve seen him undressed literally hundreds of times for countless hours, and the truth is, I can never get enough of this symphony of muscle. I call it that because; it?s just like listening to a symphony or any great music. It?s like a work of art, only living and moving. You know how you can just sit and stare at a fantastic piece of art, and seemingly never get tired of it?you don?t want to leave it! Well, that?s how my friends? body affects me and most everyone else that sees him. I?ve made a point of watching people looking at him when the clothes are coming off. It?s kind of funny to monitor their faces. Women and men of all ages, and even some of the little kids are awe struck by him. The kids seem to realize what they?re looking at is ?special?. When people see amazing things, they get a different look on their face?that?s the look!

As for the costume contest, I went as a Barbarian Slave Gladiator. A mantel, which is a small rounded piece of leather worn around the neck about 4 inches wide, a skirt of leather about knee length, arm bracers, roman sandals and my trusty dagger. I must admit, I was rather proud of my outfit. At the costume competition, I?d say we were both a hit, but guess who left with first place. That?s right ? camo boy! Somehow, I knew he would. I really thought the ladies in attendance were going to storm the stage after us both. He did a little dance routine, which he ain?t bad at. That crowd was going wild! With all his muscles flexing and moving on stage ? nothing could compete with that. Oh, yeah, I actually made it into the top five.

We left just after midnight. We had decided we?d had enough, and far too much attention for one night, and went back to the dorm. Well, it didn?t work out that way. Little did we know that much more was coming our way that night. And not a damn thing good about it! It?s strange how life is. When you think you?ve just had the time of your life and nothing could bring you down ? it happens! The telephone rang?

I answered the phone. It was his mother, and she sounded somewhat distressed. I handed the phone over and sat down. I watched intently, as my friend just stood there and listened for the longest time. It was 1:00am. At this hour, what could this be? That?s all that kept running through my mind. What could this be about? I was beginning to get a bad feeling from his long silence. Then, he very slowly, sat down on the edge of the bed, facing away from me. It didn?t look good. I thought, maybe I should leave the room, but I stayed. Then I heard him murmuring something. A few words spoken so low that I couldn?t make them out. Then he hung up the phone and stood up. What an imposing sight he was, still wearing that military garb and the body paint. He turned around and slowly walked over to a chair a few feet away from me, and sat down. He never really looked up. He just stared down at the floor with this pinched look on his face. So, not being able to stand it, I broke the silence and asked what was wrong. He said, his parents were at the hospital. They had just taken his younger brother by ambulance to the ER. His younger brother has leukemia and, though it was thought to be in remission, it had somehow flared back up. I?m sorry that I don?t know the correct medical terms to use here. His little brother was 16 y/o. He had been diagnosed with this a couple of years earlier. He continued, saying he was going to have to go home in the morning. I could tell, he was barely able to get the words together and out of his mouth. I thought I detected a slight tremble in his voice. Then he said, with great difficulty, ?Steven, would you??and that was all he was able to say. His voice quivered and sank and then he attempted to say again, ?Steven, would you??once again, he couldn?t go any further and then, he began to breakdown. Though we had talked of times of our having cried, neither had actually done it in the others presence?until now. He was totally broken?

I didn?t know what to do. I hadn?t had any experience comforting another guy, but there he sat, right in front of me, in tears. I was indeed, out of my element. Sure, I?ve held other guys, touched other guys, hugged other guys, down through the years, but it was always in fun or play?playing ball or wrestling or whatever. But I?d never held or put my arm around another guy to show sympathy, to comfort or attempt to ease their pain with a display of caring, through touch. Here is where I must admit something. I must admit what was bothering me, even further, was I?d never held another guy, physically comforted another guy, who was SO Heavily Muscled. Now, I?m sure you?re asking what difference would that make?! Well, as weird as it may sound, let me attempt an explanation. Though I can?t really explain it, there was something about all that muscle. I was somehow? now? scared of it. At least in this new, pained and hurting condition. It was like the muscle was separated from the internal person. Yes, he was my friend. Yes, he was in pain. Yes, he seemed to be not only crying, but also ?crying out? ? Please help me in this! But I was having great difficulty breaking through what I can only identify as a mental block, due to his almost overwhelming physical presence. Somehow, I sensed that reaching out to this weeping body-beautiful guy was like something taboo, at least for me it was. Like, if I did it, once I went that far, I wouldn?t be able to mentally or emotionally handle it, if that makes any sense?I know it doesn?t. For whatever reason, if it had been a little skinny guy, it would have been no sweat. I guess it was just the inexperience of dealing with a situation like this, with someone like Him. Anyhow, I knew I had to push through this. I had to go for it ? for him! Cause it was the right thing to do for my friend, who for the first time in our history together, sat broken and sobbing before me. I didn?t want him to get the idea I didn?t care, or that maybe I was some kind of ?Iceman? or something. I wanted him to know above all else, that I?m a person in his life that he can always count on?when he needs me the most?not after the fact. And I?m the kind of person, the kind of friend, that will get down in the trenches with you, no matter how tough or bloody the going gets. I mean, James Taylor and his, ?You?ve Got A Friend?, doesn?t even begin to describe the kind of friend, the level of friendship that I can muster for my, (choice few, count on one hand), true friends. I will even go so far as to say; that I think FRIENDSHIP is the greatest gift GOD gives man (with the exception of his eternal salvation), for his short stay here on this earth. (Please guys, if you disagree on this ? don?t write me on it?you?re entitled)

So, I gathered up the courage and went for it. I just boned-up and did it! I went over to him and kneeled down behind him on one knee and I put my left arm around his far shoulder and my right hand on his near shoulder. Then I spoke the words I thought I would want to hear in this situation. I can?t use them here, cause it?s just too personal to repeat. I simply did my best. You know, once I had hold of him, in a matter of seconds I felt perfectly normal about it. My phobia about it was all gone. I think also, he was truly moved by my show of affection and sympathy. It felt good?

In the following moments, when I sat back and watched him drift in and out of several crying sessions, I began to feel very guilty about some extracurricular thoughts I?d been having. Beyond my own feelings of pain and suffering for him, I began to be moved in a fashion that I hadn?t expected. As he sat there, all slumped back and curled in that chair sobbing, his tears were really big drops and just beaded out and down his face. The camouflage body-paint he was still wearing, acted like a waterproof sealant, not allowing his tears to be absorbed by his skin. As he shed these tears, they streaked down his face and slowly, one after another fell onto his chest. As ?out of place? as it sounds for a scene like this, as I watched these tears fall from his cheeks and land on his pecs, it began to have an effect on me. His pecs were massive, and also still covered with the camo. Once on his pecs, those big teardrops continued to bead on that body paint and slowly roll out to the extremities of those awesome rounded slabs of muscle, where they finally broke free and fell once again, to his abs below. I swear, it was like watching a cascading waterfall with a sensual twist. I began to be somewhat aroused by the sight of it. Even though those tears were created from such pain, the visual effect was something beautiful to watch. I think it had something to do with the fact that such power, such an awesome display of physical strength, could be brought to its knees in mental agony. I loved watching it?and I hated watching it.

Once he seemed to weather this initial storm, of which there would be many others, we went to the showers, where I helped him remove all that camo. He was so beaten by this news, mentally and physically. I felt so badly for him. The next morning, I offered to go with him. Hell, I didn?t care if I missed classes or not. But, he wanted to go alone.

His brother pulled through, btw. His recovery was one of those deals where the doctors use words like ?remarkable and miracle?. Funny how tragedy can allow us to see, or at least glimpse a part of someone, a friend, that would otherwise remain hidden, possibly forever, even in our closest relationships. We both reveled to one another a hidden part of ourselves. Through the weaknesses of us both, was formulated a new strength in our friendship.

Well, that?s it?another page in my life. Though it happened about 10 years ago, that night will always stand out strong in my memory as my own personal fright night!

BTW: I felt I had to get his Ok to put this out for public consumption. Even though it was 10 years after the fact, it was pretty awkward knowing he would read some certain parts of this. The part about watching his tears and how that had such an effect on me?and revealing my thoughts and descriptions of his physical body (though we talk about that stuff all the time) would be difficult to let him read. I printed it out, but it was very tough to hand over to him. Well, he read it in my kitchen, slowly and almost methodically, and finally he handed it back to me. He remained expression-less, never even looking at me, he turned and walked out of the room. I was dumbfounded, but didn?t say anything or call out to him about it. It took a minute, but I slowly built up the courage to go and confront him about it, but just a few seconds before I did, he reentered the room. He had taken off his shirt (I guess for shock effect), and taking these odd over-exaggerated steps, he would strike a pose with each forward movement. It was obviously meant to be intimidating, cause it was! The muscle flexing was off the charts! He came directly at me with this fierce physical display, and I thought for a split second, maybe to hit me, though he?d never done that before. I wasn?t too afraid, cause in the past 10 years since that ?Fright Night? took place, I?ve made substantial physical gains on my friend. Ten years ago, he was my superior? today, we?re fairly equal in the muscle dept. Anyway, he didn?t hit me, but instead, I found myself in a huge bear hug and picked up off the floor! He gave me a pretty hard squeeze. He sat me back on my feet and released me?looked me square in the eyes and with a big smile said, ?You?re really something aren?t you, Steven?? I?ll have to cry for you more often.? Then he laughed and walked out of the room again. He laughs a lot. I yelled at him from the kitchen, ?Hey man, you don?t know your own strength!!? He yelled back, ?What do you mean, I?m just like you? I look in every mirror I pass?that tells me all I need to know?, and just started laughing again.

You know, there are many reasons why I consider myself lucky and blessed (and no, I don?t consider those two things synonymous). I?m in very good health. I haven?t turned out to be a doper or a drunk like some of my other friends. My parents are both alive and well. There are many other things I could add to this list, but one thing I for sure must add, is my relationship, my friendship with this guy. When I think back to the day we first met?when I passed him by on my bike (see Chance Encounter) and thought, well, that?s it, I?d probably never see him again, but then he ran up behind me ? to catch me! Why?! He wanted to know --- me??! He could become friends with almost anyone he would choose, but instead, he tried real hard to secure a friendship with me. While most all my friends are on the muscular side, (cause I?m ?into? that, and have always tried to surround myself with those types), and while I realize my physique was part of the allure for him, this guy goes beyond that, because of the mental aspect. I know I?ve done nothing to deserve this ?dream come true? kind of relationship. I don?t understand why its happened, so all I can do is be 100% appreciative and thankful for it.

Sometimes, when I pause, and begin thinking about these things: my other friends, my health, my parents, and him? Well? mine also, are the really big drops.

Steven
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to a_little_voice's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 29th, 2007, 11:13 PM

a_little_voice is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to a_little_voice Send a message via Yahoo to a_little_voice
Wow, I really liked this Steven.

Very, very nice job.

Glad to see things worked out for you and your friend, and his brother as well.

Thank you very much for posting this, it was a great read.
  #3   Add to RPM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2007, 01:24 AM

RPM is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RPM
Oh man, I've been looking for this ever since Story Station went down!

Loved it as much now as I did back then. Thanks for re-posting!

(...and, to answer the first question, this is a "Real Life" board a few boards below this one. Perhaps a mod could move the thread for you if you wish.)
  #4   Add to Steven's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2007, 06:46 PM

Steven
First, I want thank you guys for the positive comments. I've been a member of this board for a while now, and since it was closing in on Halloween I thought, why not post it here, as I did on "THE STORY STATION" a few years ago.

Secondly, I was glad to hear from a former fellow STORY STATION member!

It really took a forced effort on my part to lift this entry out of my journal, and then add all the details to make it more readable for a storyboard. That night was so weird, in that it was a night filled with so much fun and excitement for the both of us, so we went from such a huge high, only to be followed up with what I'd call a nose-dive from hell! And speaking of hell, because my friend and I are open and honest with one another (to the extreme)...I felt I had to get his "ok" to post an account about part of his personal life...meaning, he'd have to read it. Now that is where I felt like my guts were spilled out on the table for him to see...reading my private thoughts I had written about him way back at the outset of our relationship.

I'm glad you guys got "something" out of it...and Thanks for telling me.
  #5   Add to funboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Fun - but lost, LOL

funboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
I will even go so far as to say; that I think FRIENDSHIP is the greatest gift GOD gives man (with the exception of his eternal salvation), for his short stay here on this earth. (Please guys, if you disagree on this – don’t write me on it…you’re entitled).
Steven
Hey Steven,

No problem there - I will only state my philosophy. God gave us three great gifts, two of which distinguish us from other animals. The gifts of Life, Love and Laughter. Of the three, Life is the most important, but without the other two, Life has no real meaning. And for me, true friendship is part of Love.

Take care, keep writing.

Lol Funboy
  #6   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2007, 10:27 AM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
It made me feel fuzzy
Thank you for sharing
  #7   Add to Steven's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2007, 08:52 PM

Steven
I wanted to acknowledge all who commented...sorry for taking so long, but have been out so much lately.

Petboy - Hey, that's totally cool. I respect anyone's philosophy, or at least their right to their own philosophy of life. I figured someone would single out that line. lol

nj - hummm...while it gave you that warm and fuzzy feeling, most other's have told me they got hot and bothered! Glad you liked it.

This little account received more comments for its short run on THE STORY STATION than any other in it's history. I see where many read it, but not many commented...not so well received here. This forum is all about muscle growth, with the emphsis being on "growth" in a way only fiction could render it. Growth is where it's at here, and that's all well and good...I'm "into" growth!
  #8   Add to joel24242's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:08 PM

joel24242
Send a message via MSN to joel24242 Send a message via Yahoo to joel24242
Wow, I only just came across this story. I have to say that I am quite literally wiping tears from my eyes right now. It was a truely moving and beautiful story. I really wish I could find that level of friendship with someone. You are a really lucky blessing.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Joel.
  #9   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2007, 02:33 AM
MAZIVZEMBERE

MAZIVKAROLY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via MSN to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via Yahoo to MAZIVKAROLY
Fright (?) Night!

Great, sensitive, warm story. Wonderful to hear his brother made it through well to the other side of the episode alluded to here. Thanks deeply to you for sharing such a personally poignant piece with all of us on this site. This is a true gem.
Do sincerely hope your life continues apace as this narrative relates. Many, many thanks for your decision to declare and delineate in detail what must be a truly gratifying relationship to both of you. Happy anniversary to both of you, whenever that date may occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
This is my virgin post on this board. I’m not sure if this story, which is really an account of a day in my life, is even a legitimate fit on this forum. I realize most of the stories here are works of fiction, but all I have to contribute are things and events that have happened to me. Plus, this isn’t exactly what I’d call a muscle growth account, though muscles are definitely involved. It happened about ten years ago when I was in college. I had only recently met this guy, who was destined to become my true friend for life. It was Halloween night, so, with it being the season at hand, I thought I’d post it here, as I posted it on another story board a couple years back. I would ask the board owner, if he feels this story is too far off base, and not in keeping with the theme of this site, to delete it.

Below is the entire text that I simply lifted off my online journal as it appeared on that other board…so if you want to bypass my boring introduction to that other board, just skip down to, “MY FRIGHT NIGHT!!!”, and begin reading.

I want to start off the story I’m about to tell with an apology for my lack of writing experience, which I fear shows up all too vividly on screen. I just tell/write the story, as best I can remember it, in a sort of bullish, all out, non-stop keyboard pounding style. So, if you bother to dredge through this story, please, mentally smooth out the rough spots and fill in the blanks where needed.

I wanted to contribute something to the board. Been awhile since I’ve posted anything. Let me say again, I don’t consider myself a real writer, so I limit myself to the TRUE SECTION, where I can simply write about a few memorable events in my life. Ones that I guess… I’m supposing… at least hoping, may interest some of the members of this board. A few days in my past really stick out and are very memorable, at least to me personally. So, it’s those I’ll share.

I’ve kept a journal (sketchy at best) since my college years, and it aids me a bit in some of these recollections. The few events that I’d even consider commenting on, to this board, are ones where even the colors and smells and things of far lesser significance are etched permanently in my brain.

Several years back I wrote and posted the brief account of how I met the guy who ended up becoming my best friend (looks like for life). It happened about eight years ago on the University campus where we both attended. I called it, “CHANCE ENCOUNTER”, and I feel sure some of you will remember it. I refer back to that story several times, so I hope you guys did read it and recall it to memory. I’d re-post “Chance Encounter” but as of this writing, I can’t seem to locate it.

Other than the shared events in our two lives, I don’t know much else to write about and contribute to this board. So when thinking about Halloween this week, it was hard not to recall one particular “All hallows eve.” It was the first one I ever spent with my best friend, and one that I’ll never forget. I wrote this story shortly after posting “Chance Encounter”, but never had the guts to ask my friend for permission to post this one - until now… it’s of a fairly personal nature.

I want to warn you, that what I can see coming in this “day in my life” may seem, well, how shall I put it … “TAME”… in comparison to my first story. I mean, that’s just the way it is – it’s a “true” story, but yet, one that is close to my heart. This day stands out in my mind as a very significant day. If it doesn’t at least tug at my heart, just as “CHANCE ENCOUNTER” did, (though it was more of a pounding than a tug), then it would be a very difficult write for me. So, it may end up lacking a bit in the “muscle talk” that we all know so well and love so much. I just can’t see where it would properly fit in, that is, to the degree that may be required to keep you guys happy.

Comments are Welcomed.

OK, please forgive this long introduction of sorts...having said all that, let it begin:

MY FRIGHT NIGHT!!!

Well, it was closing in on Halloween night and we still hadn’t come up with just how we wanted to face the unsuspecting world this ‘all hallows eve’. Of course, winning first place at one of the local nightspots, for best costume, was the goal we had in mind. Not so much me, but my best friend who I was rooming with in the dorm this fall semester, and for the rest of our college careers, as well.

For those of you well versed in this story board: YES, it’s the same guy I had met a few months before, who I wrote about in “ Chance Encounter”. For those who haven’t read it, you may want to leave this place and read it first, so you’ll know whom I’m referring to in this installment. Just don’t forget to come back. Lol

Texas Instruments couldn’t total the number of ideas for costumes that had run through our minds. I don’t know about you, but when I begin to think about choosing a costume, for myself or someone else, I try not only to come up with something that looks good, but also something that accentuates that persons personality and character, and in my friends case, his physique! So, in keeping with the astronomical number of hours my friend and myself have spent moving some reasonably heavy weights around, I wanted to wear something that, at least to some degree, showed off all that muscle we’ve worked our butts off for! My friend really wanted the same, but at times seemed to fight against this idea of costumes that bared a bit more flesh, almost as if he was out to aggravate me. He does that sometimes. He can almost always ‘get’ to me when he tries, cause he does it so seldom I fall for it. He is, 99.9 percent of the time, so nice and kind and gentle, that he almost comes across as being naive, if you know what I mean. Kinda like a pushover, except, to look at him standing there with all this incredible sculpted muscle, you know the pushover thing is simply out of the question. And when you begin talking to him, you quickly realize that besting him through mental skills, well…that wouldn’t be a back door in. What can I say, this guy is just about too good to be true…to be real…but yet…there he is! There hasn’t been much change in his physical appearance since my description of him in “Chance Encounter”; other than his back had gotten to be even better. More powerful looking. Yep, when he flexes, it’s the proverbial roadmap, etched to perfection. And when he fans out his lats, oh man! It reminds me of a Cobra, rearing back to strike. Yes, even the lower back “Christmas tree” is there. Once again though (see Chance Encounter), he was not into the competitive bodybuilding scene, though we had talked about his being only a step away from it. How can I put it…he has this body…or let’s say this – if a bodybuilding competition was being held, and all the competitors were on stage, and my friend streaked across the stage (No, I don’t mean naked!), I would imagine the whole audience would gasp, and say…”Who the blankedy-blank was that??!! Hey, bring him back for another look!!!” Not that he would take first place, but deserving of an honorable mention…hell yeah! And beyond his shape, his totally picture perfect skin tone and texture is awesome to behold, just in itself. This is no exaggeration - he once (after a discussion about his perfect skin), let me look him over from head to toe, to find even one blemish…I could not find, even one! Ok, it was a bet…one that I lost. I will say this, he, unlike most of the other guys I know, showers twice a day, almost without failure (sometimes three). Once in the morning and then at night shortly after his main workout. I used to be a ‘one shower a day’ guy myself, but now, what can I say, he started “rubbing off” on me. I won’t get graphic here, but I will say, that at the University we attended, the men’s dorms have open/mass showers, and I just wanted to add, cause I made of point of watching, my friend uses plan soap and water, no special oils or cremes or anything. I know, I’m going on and on about this, cause the absolutely NO Blemish thing really gets to me! I mean, he doesn’t even try to have this spotless body, but gets it anyway. And his muscles seem to always have this little bit of “gleam” to them. As my mother said about him once – “he just has the healthiest looking gleam to his skin”. Yes! I got jealous. And here goes – the line I know you’ve heard a thousand times, but I must use it - If you applied the right color to his body, he could actually pass as a marble statue. I mean, his muscles are so defined, it’s like he was sculpted by hand. You know, a good sculptor can make whatever he wants. He just applies the clay or chips away at the marble until it’s exactly the way he wants his work of art to look. He can add on, or take away, till the finished product is as perfect as he wants it to be. Well…that’s what I mean by, he could pass as a statue. A marble one at that, cause he’s so smooth looking, with that darn gleam! Sometimes I can’t stand it! But, of course, you know I can stand it, and very well at that. lol. Even his feet, (which I consider the ugliest part of the human anatomy), look good. You know, it’s degrading to have to kiss someone’s feet, but kissing his feet wouldn’t bother me at all. lol.

OK, enough of the descriptions and back to the other “meat” of the story, and Halloween night.

So, speaking of that marble look, I finally talked him into a body-paint costume. He wouldn’t go for quite what I had in mind, but he came up with the idea of going as a marine, in camouflage garb and paint. Yes, he came up with that idea all on his own – I was proud of him. Camo pants, boots and helmet, but, Oh, So Shirtless. I knew if camo paint was applied correctly, with a little style and flare, it could be sensational. He wanted ME to apply this paint, but I had absolutely no confidence in my ability to pull that off. I got this idea of going to a local tattoo parlor, so that’s what we did. There usually are some pretty good artists in most tattoo parlors. They actually agreed to apply the paint for no fee at all. This guy was a true artist! Fuck, when my friend pealed off his shirt, the guys at the parlor said it was almost sacrilege to camouflage his body. One work of art shouldn’t be covered by another, but the tattoo guy said he could at least attempt to accentuate his muscles with the paint, and he did just that! The finished product blew us both away! Watching him hand paint my friends body was the most spectacular sight. It bordered on eroticism. I thought the artist would spray paint it on, but instead he felt it would work better to do it by hand…hummmm…I wondered about that, and I know my friend felt a bit awkward. I remember him asking, “You mean you’re going to rub it on me?!…By hand?!!…Oh man!!”, and looked at me and just started laughing. As the artist started, I was mesmerized! The artist continually wanted him to flex his muscle, (at the point and just beyond), where he was applying the paint. He said he wanted to follow the lines and crevasses of the musculature of his body. What a show it was!! Some other young guys, who were there looking on, (it drew a crowd), said they wanted to have the same done, cause they wanted that look, but the artist said, which I thought was kinda funny, that he needed more than a “flat” canvas to work with. I felt sorry for those guys, when everyone started laughing. I know, the people in that place were getting the “heart pounding” show of their lives! Cause you see, I was too, and I’ve seen him undressed literally hundreds of times for countless hours, and the truth is, I can never get enough of this symphony of muscle. I call it that because; it’s just like listening to a symphony or any great music. It’s like a work of art, only living and moving. You know how you can just sit and stare at a fantastic piece of art, and seemingly never get tired of it…you don’t want to leave it! Well, that’s how my friends’ body affects me and most everyone else that sees him. I’ve made a point of watching people looking at him when the clothes are coming off. It’s kind of funny to monitor their faces. Women and men of all ages, and even some of the little kids are awe struck by him. The kids seem to realize what they’re looking at is “special”. When people see amazing things, they get a different look on their face…that’s the look!

As for the costume contest, I went as a Barbarian Slave Gladiator. A mantel, which is a small rounded piece of leather worn around the neck about 4 inches wide, a skirt of leather about knee length, arm bracers, roman sandals and my trusty dagger. I must admit, I was rather proud of my outfit. At the costume competition, I’d say we were both a hit, but guess who left with first place. That’s right – camo boy! Somehow, I knew he would. I really thought the ladies in attendance were going to storm the stage after us both. He did a little dance routine, which he ain’t bad at. That crowd was going wild! With all his muscles flexing and moving on stage – nothing could compete with that. Oh, yeah, I actually made it into the top five.

We left just after midnight. We had decided we’d had enough, and far too much attention for one night, and went back to the dorm. Well, it didn’t work out that way. Little did we know that much more was coming our way that night. And not a damn thing good about it! It’s strange how life is. When you think you’ve just had the time of your life and nothing could bring you down – it happens! The telephone rang…

I answered the phone. It was his mother, and she sounded somewhat distressed. I handed the phone over and sat down. I watched intently, as my friend just stood there and listened for the longest time. It was 1:00am. At this hour, what could this be? That’s all that kept running through my mind. What could this be about? I was beginning to get a bad feeling from his long silence. Then, he very slowly, sat down on the edge of the bed, facing away from me. It didn’t look good. I thought, maybe I should leave the room, but I stayed. Then I heard him murmuring something. A few words spoken so low that I couldn’t make them out. Then he hung up the phone and stood up. What an imposing sight he was, still wearing that military garb and the body paint. He turned around and slowly walked over to a chair a few feet away from me, and sat down. He never really looked up. He just stared down at the floor with this pinched look on his face. So, not being able to stand it, I broke the silence and asked what was wrong. He said, his parents were at the hospital. They had just taken his younger brother by ambulance to the ER. His younger brother has leukemia and, though it was thought to be in remission, it had somehow flared back up. I’m sorry that I don’t know the correct medical terms to use here. His little brother was 16 y/o. He had been diagnosed with this a couple of years earlier. He continued, saying he was going to have to go home in the morning. I could tell, he was barely able to get the words together and out of his mouth. I thought I detected a slight tremble in his voice. Then he said, with great difficulty, “Steven, would you”…and that was all he was able to say. His voice quivered and sank and then he attempted to say again, “Steven, would you”…once again, he couldn’t go any further and then, he began to breakdown. Though we had talked of times of our having cried, neither had actually done it in the others presence…until now. He was totally broken…

I didn’t know what to do. I hadn’t had any experience comforting another guy, but there he sat, right in front of me, in tears. I was indeed, out of my element. Sure, I’ve held other guys, touched other guys, hugged other guys, down through the years, but it was always in fun or play…playing ball or wrestling or whatever. But I’d never held or put my arm around another guy to show sympathy, to comfort or attempt to ease their pain with a display of caring, through touch. Here is where I must admit something. I must admit what was bothering me, even further, was I’d never held another guy, physically comforted another guy, who was SO Heavily Muscled. Now, I’m sure you’re asking what difference would that make?! Well, as weird as it may sound, let me attempt an explanation. Though I can’t really explain it, there was something about all that muscle. I was somehow… now… scared of it. At least in this new, pained and hurting condition. It was like the muscle was separated from the internal person. Yes, he was my friend. Yes, he was in pain. Yes, he seemed to be not only crying, but also ‘crying out’ – Please help me in this! But I was having great difficulty breaking through what I can only identify as a mental block, due to his almost overwhelming physical presence. Somehow, I sensed that reaching out to this weeping body-beautiful guy was like something taboo, at least for me it was. Like, if I did it, once I went that far, I wouldn’t be able to mentally or emotionally handle it, if that makes any sense…I know it doesn’t. For whatever reason, if it had been a little skinny guy, it would have been no sweat. I guess it was just the inexperience of dealing with a situation like this, with someone like Him. Anyhow, I knew I had to push through this. I had to go for it – for him! Cause it was the right thing to do for my friend, who for the first time in our history together, sat broken and sobbing before me. I didn’t want him to get the idea I didn’t care, or that maybe I was some kind of “Iceman” or something. I wanted him to know above all else, that I’m a person in his life that he can always count on…when he needs me the most…not after the fact. And I’m the kind of person, the kind of friend, that will get down in the trenches with you, no matter how tough or bloody the going gets. I mean, James Taylor and his, “You’ve Got A Friend”, doesn’t even begin to describe the kind of friend, the level of friendship that I can muster for my, (choice few, count on one hand), true friends. I will even go so far as to say; that I think FRIENDSHIP is the greatest gift GOD gives man (with the exception of his eternal salvation), for his short stay here on this earth. (Please guys, if you disagree on this – don’t write me on it…you’re entitled)

So, I gathered up the courage and went for it. I just boned-up and did it! I went over to him and kneeled down behind him on one knee and I put my left arm around his far shoulder and my right hand on his near shoulder. Then I spoke the words I thought I would want to hear in this situation. I can’t use them here, cause it’s just too personal to repeat. I simply did my best. You know, once I had hold of him, in a matter of seconds I felt perfectly normal about it. My phobia about it was all gone. I think also, he was truly moved by my show of affection and sympathy. It felt good…

In the following moments, when I sat back and watched him drift in and out of several crying sessions, I began to feel very guilty about some extracurricular thoughts I’d been having. Beyond my own feelings of pain and suffering for him, I began to be moved in a fashion that I hadn’t expected. As he sat there, all slumped back and curled in that chair sobbing, his tears were really big drops and just beaded out and down his face. The camouflage body-paint he was still wearing, acted like a waterproof sealant, not allowing his tears to be absorbed by his skin. As he shed these tears, they streaked down his face and slowly, one after another fell onto his chest. As “out of place” as it sounds for a scene like this, as I watched these tears fall from his cheeks and land on his pecs, it began to have an effect on me. His pecs were massive, and also still covered with the camo. Once on his pecs, those big teardrops continued to bead on that body paint and slowly roll out to the extremities of those awesome rounded slabs of muscle, where they finally broke free and fell once again, to his abs below. I swear, it was like watching a cascading waterfall with a sensual twist. I began to be somewhat aroused by the sight of it. Even though those tears were created from such pain, the visual effect was something beautiful to watch. I think it had something to do with the fact that such power, such an awesome display of physical strength, could be brought to its knees in mental agony. I loved watching it…and I hated watching it.

Once he seemed to weather this initial storm, of which there would be many others, we went to the showers, where I helped him remove all that camo. He was so beaten by this news, mentally and physically. I felt so badly for him. The next morning, I offered to go with him. Hell, I didn’t care if I missed classes or not. But, he wanted to go alone.

His brother pulled through, btw. His recovery was one of those deals where the doctors use words like “remarkable and miracle”. Funny how tragedy can allow us to see, or at least glimpse a part of someone, a friend, that would otherwise remain hidden, possibly forever, even in our closest relationships. We both reveled to one another a hidden part of ourselves. Through the weaknesses of us both, was formulated a new strength in our friendship.

Well, that’s it…another page in my life. Though it happened about 10 years ago, that night will always stand out strong in my memory as my own personal fright night!

BTW: I felt I had to get his Ok to put this out for public consumption. Even though it was 10 years after the fact, it was pretty awkward knowing he would read some certain parts of this. The part about watching his tears and how that had such an effect on me…and revealing my thoughts and descriptions of his physical body (though we talk about that stuff all the time) would be difficult to let him read. I printed it out, but it was very tough to hand over to him. Well, he read it in my kitchen, slowly and almost methodically, and finally he handed it back to me. He remained expression-less, never even looking at me, he turned and walked out of the room. I was dumbfounded, but didn’t say anything or call out to him about it. It took a minute, but I slowly built up the courage to go and confront him about it, but just a few seconds before I did, he reentered the room. He had taken off his shirt (I guess for shock effect), and taking these odd over-exaggerated steps, he would strike a pose with each forward movement. It was obviously meant to be intimidating, cause it was! The muscle flexing was off the charts! He came directly at me with this fierce physical display, and I thought for a split second, maybe to hit me, though he’d never done that before. I wasn’t too afraid, cause in the past 10 years since that “Fright Night” took place, I’ve made substantial physical gains on my friend. Ten years ago, he was my superior… today, we’re fairly equal in the muscle dept. Anyway, he didn’t hit me, but instead, I found myself in a huge bear hug and picked up off the floor! He gave me a pretty hard squeeze. He sat me back on my feet and released me…looked me square in the eyes and with a big smile said, “You’re really something aren’t you, Steven?? I’ll have to cry for you more often.” Then he laughed and walked out of the room again. He laughs a lot. I yelled at him from the kitchen, “Hey man, you don’t know your own strength!!” He yelled back, “What do you mean, I’m just like you… I look in every mirror I pass…that tells me all I need to know”, and just started laughing again.

You know, there are many reasons why I consider myself lucky and blessed (and no, I don’t consider those two things synonymous). I’m in very good health. I haven’t turned out to be a doper or a drunk like some of my other friends. My parents are both alive and well. There are many other things I could add to this list, but one thing I for sure must add, is my relationship, my friendship with this guy. When I think back to the day we first met…when I passed him by on my bike (see Chance Encounter) and thought, well, that’s it, I’d probably never see him again, but then he ran up behind me – to catch me! Why?! He wanted to know --- me??! He could become friends with almost anyone he would choose, but instead, he tried real hard to secure a friendship with me. While most all my friends are on the muscular side, (cause I’m “into” that, and have always tried to surround myself with those types), and while I realize my physique was part of the allure for him, this guy goes beyond that, because of the mental aspect. I know I’ve done nothing to deserve this “dream come true” kind of relationship. I don’t understand why its happened, so all I can do is be 100% appreciative and thankful for it.

Sometimes, when I pause, and begin thinking about these things: my other friends, my health, my parents, and him… Well… mine also, are the really big drops.

Steven
  #10   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2007, 02:41 AM
MAZIVZEMBERE

MAZIVKAROLY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via MSN to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via Yahoo to MAZIVKAROLY
Friendship a rare gift

I had a similar friendship for over 40 years. Suddenly ended with my friend having a massive heart attack. May be finding another such guy now. It is wonderful beyond words to have such a winsome relationship. Even though my friend and I saw each other infrequently over all those years, each time we were able to reunite, we picked up exactly where we left off previously. Thank God for such grace-filled moments over the years of our lives. I know I was truly and richly blessed. You two are also.
  #11   Add to Steven's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2007, 06:08 PM

Steven
Joel and Mazivkaroly,

First, Thank-You for the comments.

You know, they say you can count your True Friends on one hand or less. It?s not thought possible to have more than a handful of real True Friends, due to the time necessary to dedicate to them. Yeah, time is a requirement for True Friendship?one of many requirements. I know, the word requirement sounds more like a stiff penalty or punishment, rather than something correlating to friendship. I learned different. It is (time) a requirement, but yet one that you find yourself wanting to fulfill.

Once upon a time, I was not remotely aware that such Friendship was out there to be had. I had never experienced it, and therefore could not imagine or relate to it. To give all that, or be all that for someone else?no way! But, once I got a taste of it, once it began to formulate and take shape in my own life, I now cannot imagine living without it! I earnestly desire to fulfill those stiff requirements! Real True Friendship requires Real True Love, which makes it all so much easier a concept to believe in.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options