You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to ryamkajr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2007, 02:18 PM

ryamkajr is on a distinguished road
Question re: MG stories and those online here who are gay

First, a little about myself, and why I am asking the question....

I am a straight male, who enjoys working out. I am on this site b/c I like MG stories, as I like to use them as a form of motivation, as I can easily place myself in the story and use that for my motivation.

The gay content of most of these stories does not bother me, and I usually just brush past it in reading the story, focusing on the MG.

However, I have noticed lately a LOT of the stories posted here have taken on a different tone, one where the person experiencing the MG has become, in my opinion, an intolerant FUCK. The grower calls other characters "faggot", and then rapes the other characters, pises on them, forces them to suck the MG's dick, etc.

Now I know that MG deals with ideas of dominance, and lots of extra testosterone flowing in the system, a lot of these stories seem to be pretty hate filled to me. I guess if I was gay I would be a bit offended at the level of hate these writers seem to be expressing. I also find it ironic the MG is the one calling others faggot and whatnot, but it is the MG that is FORCING himself on the other characters. To me it seems the MG has hate for himself, as he is redirecting his self-loathing on others. And yes, I use the term "self-loathing" not to demean gay people, but when you have a dominant type character who FORCES other people to do things they would not norally do, I consider THAT a form of self-hate. Those people are evil, as rape is rape regardless of how presented, even in a fantasy story.

Just my opinion, and open for discussion.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2007, 02:57 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryamkajr
First, a little about myself, and why I am asking the question....

I am a straight male, who enjoys working out. I am on this site b/c I like MG stories, as I like to use them as a form of motivation, as I can easily place myself in the story and use that for my motivation.

The gay content of most of these stories does not bother me, and I usually just brush past it in reading the story, focusing on the MG.

However, I have noticed lately a LOT of the stories posted here have taken on a different tone, one where the person experiencing the MG has become, in my opinion, an intolerant FUCK. The grower calls other characters "faggot", and then rapes the other characters, pises on them, forces them to suck the MG's dick, etc.

Now I know that MG deals with ideas of dominance, and lots of extra testosterone flowing in the system, a lot of these stories seem to be pretty hate filled to me. I guess if I was gay I would be a bit offended at the level of hate these writers seem to be expressing. I also find it ironic the MG is the one calling others faggot and whatnot, but it is the MG that is FORCING himself on the other characters. To me it seems the MG has hate for himself, as he is redirecting his self-loathing on others. And yes, I use the term "self-loathing" not to demean gay people, but when you have a dominant type character who FORCES other people to do things they would not norally do, I consider THAT a form of self-hate. Those people are evil, as rape is rape regardless of how presented, even in a fantasy story.

Just my opinion, and open for discussion.
Well, yes, I understand your point, but this is fantasy. All of us in a situation that happened in an MG story (hopefully) would not rape others. That is a crime no matter how it's put, but once more, this is fantasy, all a story in our head, it didn't happen.

Also, the author may not "hate themselves" to put such things in a story to show that "self-hate".

Sometimes, when a writer puts words like "fag, faggot, homo,etc" in a story, that might also not mean that the writer has "self-hate", that's where the erotic side of a story comes into play. The areas that you skip over is generally those parts. Another time those kinds of words are used are with bullies of any kind, not just the "schoolyard" type.

To finish, I don't know every detail about every author's life that has ever placed a story with the things you mentioned; but the chances of what you said being completely true likely quite small.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #3   Add to musclegod300's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2007, 03:52 PM
Never Big Enough

musclegod300 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to musclegod300
Yeah

Well Some of my stories Do contain a straight guy that goes on a total power trip and a lot of people get turned on by that. I have been trying to put more disclaimers on my stories about this sort of stuff. But If your offended by it just don't read it. I say faggot all the time or gay as an insult and I'm gay. And in real life I'm a really nice guy. I guess thats just me though, I'm just used to hanging around other guys and etc..

Anyway sorry you got offended, idk why you would.. Unless you have something you wanna tell us .. jk
  #4   Add to agreatguy6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2007, 10:03 PM
Myself. Skinny guy.

agreatguy6 is on a distinguished road
Lol, this thread makes me laugh by its "omg, thin ice" approach. Amazing how everything gets that way these days... hahaha.

I always read into it that the MG wanted it because they were horny and getting sucked off is getting sucked off no matter who from, so they scream for the fag because they just suppose they'd do it and do it well. The reason for the name calling would be due to the fact that they are insecure about the whole thing and also because they themselves hate fags.

The writers, I like to believe, take a more objective view of things, despite the fact that it's fantasy, in which the HAPPENINGS are fantastic, but the characters as real and likely to be someone you might meet on the street.

See?
This way no one's misanthropic or sociophobic
  #5   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2007, 12:25 AM

vlad is on a distinguished road
some people get off on that sick kind of thing, or getting called names, or whatever. Like you, I don't...so I just skip the stories that have words or content that I don't really like. Simple as that.
  #6   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:49 AM
MAZIVZEMBERE

MAZIVKAROLY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via MSN to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via Yahoo to MAZIVKAROLY
Concerns Expressed

Certainly appreciate your point of view and am very sympathetic to it. However, I tend to agree that the stories are just that and that all of us human beings are far more complex and mult-faceted psychologically than any of us cares to fully acknowledge at any given moment. Having claimed the title of "bisexual" for most of my adult life, I am extremely sensitive to such abuse to which you refer. I don't always like all of what I read on this site, but know that many people come from many differing perspectives and it is far, far better that their feelings get expressed in these fictionaly, imaginative characterizations and narratives than acted out in their own everyday living. So, in shor, guess I'm saying, take much of this cum granio salis WITH A 'GRAIN OF SALT.' Do know that I for one value and affirm your genuine concerns behind your question.
  #7   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2007, 06:39 AM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
I am particularly touched because you were offended by the abuse some gay character might suffer in certain muscle growth stories, and this is really noble of you, because you relate to the fantasy of getting bigger muscles but still keeping your moral qualities.

Fantasies reflect just one side of a writer's mind, the graphic scenes of abuse might make sense for some growth scenarioz, however, it doesn't mean the guy "hates himself". I have written several stories, most of them deals the muscle growth as an act of self-admiration, but also, the guys do not turn into jerks, quite the contrary, many times they correct previously practiced.
unfairness

Your arguments are strongerly linked to the "bully gets bigger" scenario, which is very popular among the muscle growth fantasies, but I can recall several other stories in which muscle growth is not a form of abuse, quite the contrary it is an act of protection, display of tenderness, affection and nobility of character (but probably more focused in gay love relationships )

The greatest thing about this forum, is the possibility for sharing and exploring our fantasies with those who have the same feelings, it is natural that not all kinds of muscle growth scenarios attracts you, but that's another quality, we are here to respect and to motivate each other. Perhaps wirting the stories according to your own personal taste will motivate others to follow your example.

Just my thoughts

Cheers
  #8   Add to Jaypat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2007, 06:59 AM

Jaypat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscl4life
I
The greatest thing about this forum, is the possibility for sharing and exploring our fantasies with those who have the same feelings, it is natural that not all kinds of muscle growth scenarios attracts you, but that's another quality, we are here to respect and to motivate each other. Perhaps wirting the stories according to your own personal taste will motivate others to follow your example.

Just my thoughts

Cheers
It's a comment like the one above that got me started writing on this site. So, I definately agree. If you don't find stories you like here, then write them and put them here.

I did.
  #9   Add to Wild's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2007, 06:00 PM

Wild is on a distinguished road
Ahhh, I think some writers go for their ideal when they write their stories. Wether that is with them being totally arrogant, or being subdued by someone with that tone. Me, personally, I agree with you. I don't particularly like to see that kind of stuff, but the writers have to try to get the character the way they invision it, or the story probably won't be as cool in thier minds.

Granted, not every story can be about a big guy that's uber nice. I mean, that does happen a bit offline. :3 But that doesn't always translate well into a story.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options