The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to beefmonster's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:45 PM

beefmonster
My School Reunion

Back in HS I was what you called the pencil neck geek. I was 5'9 and weighed @ 150 pounds. I was not very happy with my body and even though I was popular in school, I was teased and bullied by this guy named Jim Parks. He use to come up to my face and call me 'neck'. Needless to say, I was embarassed and I felt helpless. After graduation, I moved away to Arizona and attended ASU, graduated and started teaching. I had joined a gym, but I really didn't know what I was doing and I lost interest because of the lack of gains and the fact that some of the guys in the gym were intimidating as hell!
I decided a few years later to pursue my masters and I moved to Tucson and attended the U of A. Since I was in graduate school, all I did was study and go to classes....I decided to get serious about lifting once again and I put all my efforts into it. I trained my ass off. At the time, I was in a long term relationship and he did not like the fact that I was getting bigger. I enjoyed my expanding body which by now was 180 pounds, and I also liked the fact that my friends noticed and would make comments on how thick my chest was getting...it was a turn on for me. I always knew deep inside that I wanted muscle: big thick, powerful muscles.
My relationship ended and I moved back to Las Vegas where I continued to work and train.
Being single left me with the time to devote to myself and my lifting. I shaved my head and grew a goatee. All I did was work, train, eat and sleep (ok with lots of guys as well!). I made 215 and decided I wanted to get even bigger because I loved the way my body looked: thick and powerful! My HS reunion was approaching and I decided I wanted to make an appearance and see if anyone recognized me. I gained more size (230) and I had to admit, I looked intimidating, but I am one of the nicest guys you willl ever meet. I was hoping I would run into Jim Parks and flex my bicep or bounce my pecs in his face. ...but I did not want to come across as an asshole.
The mixer for the reunion arrived and I wore shorts and a polo shirt. I was 230 and I look amazing. At 5'9, I had 18.5 biceps, a 49 chest, my waist was 34 and my quads were 32 ( my legs grew not matter what I did). My pecs were thick and rounded and the sleves on my shirt were straining to contain my vein covered biceps. We all wore name tags with pictures from our senior year attached. People stared at me and gawked. They did not know who I was until they saw my name. The girls were impressed and the guys, most who were married, fat and sloppy looking were forcing smiles that hid their jealousy. I talked with some old friends and I asked where Jim Parks was. They pointed to where he was and I started to make my way over to him. As I approached him, I was in his line of vision and he had no choice but to see me. I made my way up to him and said hi to the group of people there. He looked up from his chair and he read my name tag and saw my picture. His face dropped. I extended my hand and said, "Hi Jim, you remember me?" He cleared his throat and said, "Yes". I said, "I sure remember you man. You use to call me names and bully me at school. Do you remember that?" I stood there, smiling, my arms folded across my chest. Old feelings of humilation and dread came up to remind what this man did to me. He stammered and tried to laugh it off. All the people at the table were quiet. I gave Jim another look and walked away. As I walked away, I heard one of the guys tell him, "Man, you are so lucky he didn't pick you up and slug you one. He is jacked!" I walked away.............if you wanna hear about other peoples reactions let me know...like some from teh gym, or where I work...or the time I tore my shirt while lecturing in front of a group of my peers.
  #2   Add to wrestlejock646's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2004, 07:23 PM

wrestlejock646 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wrestlejock646
Way to go Beef!

That is one great true story! Just goes to show truth can be as hot as fiction...and that dedication and time can make an amazing difference for anyone serious about building muscle. I was also 5' 9" and 150lb when I graduated from high school. Showing up with an extra 55 lbs of muscle at my 10th reunion was sweet. I didn't have many tormentors to intimidate, but the stares of surprise and non-recognition were still memorable. Beefmonster, I wish we attended the same high school--we could have had a posedown. Gotta say though, I'm envious of your legs! Amazing development!

Tell me more bro!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2004, 08:07 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Good to hear.

As I recall, you have an amazing body, and I'm sure others here would like to see some pics (I can't ask for myself since I'm now married. I'd love to read more stories. Congratulations on your achievement. Too bad you didn't take care of him for all of us that were picked on like that.

Last edited by brent; April 5th, 2004 at 08:11 PM.
  #4   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2004, 08:54 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Re: My School Reunion

Quote:
Originally posted by beefmonster : if you wanna hear about other peoples reactions let me know...like some from teh gym, or where I work...or the time I tore my shirt while lecturing in front of a group of my peers.
Yes, please. I'd love to hear about that.
  #5   Add to claygrant's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 6th, 2004, 02:14 PM

claygrant is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to claygrant
beefmonster, I'd love to hear more also. I graduated from high school at 5'8 and 150 pounds so I definitely want to know how people have been reacting to your new size!
  #6   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 6th, 2004, 05:19 PM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
Back in high school, I was 6'1" and 155# but when I showed up to my reunion at 194# I actually had a female former classmate ask to feel my biceps! You've heard it before -- hard work pays off. Boy, does it!
  #7   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 6th, 2004, 05:19 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
d-d-diyye-ee-e-r-rrrblub...

.....ohmigod!! I'm speechless!! I don't know which event made my jaw drop farther, the fact that you grew from 150 to 230 lbs of massive muscle or the fact that you made the bully almost piss his pants when he realized who you were!! (and who knows, maybe he did!) or the fact that you were stomping around with 32" thighs!!!
Uh, yes, PLEASE tell us more
  #8   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 6th, 2004, 05:52 PM

ottomun6
Reunion

JimUSA, man that is awesome too! Sounds like you are about to crack the magic "200 lb" barrier in the not too distant future?
Come to think of it, I have never been to ANY classreunions. I kind of doubt if many people would remember me, since I was a bit on the quiet side (being 5' 8" 130lbs didn't turn any heads either). But there is a reunion due two years from now. Hmm, I wonder if I can hit 220? (I'm still in good shape at 188 right now)
You guys are really making me feel the iron bug again!
  #9   Add to beefmonster's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 6th, 2004, 06:38 PM

beefmonster
This was me @ that time.

OK guys, this is me around that time, I believe I was @ 220 because I remember my friend who took the pic. I am currently @ 240 now, I had two hernia operation one year apart in the past twelve months but I am still that guy who made my friend at the reunion piss his pants (or atleast I hope so). By the way, I am on Yahoo messinger. My name is Growinbull. You can see for yourself how I look. Ask Jcole210 he has seen me.
  #10   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 7th, 2004, 03:55 AM

ottomun6
One huge mother

Beefmonster! I can't believe you are even bigger! 240 lbs is HUGE!! There are guys well over six foot tall that are twigs by comparison. How are your workouts since the hernia operations?
And I really would love to hear about you getting too big for your britches (or shirt actually) at the lecture !!
  #11   Add to bulkinupbig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 7th, 2004, 10:38 AM

bulkinupbig
Living life forward

Beefmonster,
Congratulations on your transformation.
As a competitive bodybuilder, I know first-hand how much dedication, discipline and drive it takes to hit the gym with intensity day in & day out.

My experiences in high school were very different than yours... so I can not say I've walked in your shoes...
I played football, competed as a gymnast and on the track team while in AP classes... Gymnastics was a great foundation for bodybuilding and helped to pack on the muscle in high school. When I got to college I finally began working out in a gym and showed up at my high school re-union tipping the scales at 285 pounds. Stuffing this physique into a custom Italian made suit, probably only made it more visible... But the point I wanted to make was I didn't go to my high school reunion to "prove anything to anyone". Seeing the former casanova's bald and out of shape didn't really matter... seeing the sluts of high school either pregnant or showing pictures of the kids and their wimpy ass husbands didn't matter... seeing the braino's exchange financial planner business cards didn't matter... What I realized was how far I've come and how much I had accomplished since high school... I saw it as an opportunity to reflect inward vs. project what I had on the exterior... but that's me.

When I read your post... I smiled at your "moment in the spotlight with your old nemesis"... however, I later found it just a little bothersome for me...

I can only hope that you are pursuing your training for you whatever your goals may be... and that you can let go of the past and forget about what happened to you back in high school. Focus on the future and what new opportunities and challenges are ahead. Keep building and growing.
Life is lived forward and understood looking back...
  #12   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 7th, 2004, 02:32 PM

ottomun6
A tough act to follow...

I'm almost embarrased to say how I've been slacking in the gym workout department.
JEEZ!!, Beefmonster is so big that he could probably hide two 150 lb men almost completely from view! And the same two men could probably almost fit in Bulkingupbig's jacket. Man these guys are HUGE!!!
But I hope we can get some more of the growth stories, it has already made my workouts serious once again.
I bet this is inspiring others as well!
  #13   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2009, 03:06 AM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Another BUMP! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #14   Add to beachdude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2009, 06:25 AM

beachdude is on a distinguished road
Awesome! More of your muscle experiences would be great!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options