The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to jackedgunz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2007, 04:55 PM

jackedgunz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jackedgunz
Who's this?

Anyone know who this is?

http://bp0.blogger.com/_fV_Hn2Yxl5M/.../BB+ama+14.jpg
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to bossfo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2007, 05:47 PM

bossfo is on a distinguished road
no but when you find out... let us know

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackedgunz
  #3   Add to phxmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2007, 03:45 PM

phxmuscle
Send a message via Yahoo to phxmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew
He's a hot guy, too bad he's messed himself up with all those nasty tatoos -- especially the Aryan Nation one (spiderweb on the elbow, yep that's what that means!).
I did not know that. I always thought it was something about prison culture. caught in the web
  #4   Add to tarmangani's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2007, 04:06 PM

tarmangani is on a distinguished road
Hot guy. Too bad there's just the one seated photo. Looks like there's some "quad-age" beneath those pant legs. As for the tattoos, when there's more than one the best are usually located where only a select few can see them. Guess that's too much to hope for! Like the faint treasure trail disappearing down into his waistband.

Last edited by tarmangani; November 12th, 2007 at 12:16 PM.
  #5   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2007, 04:44 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
He's not bad....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackedgunz
Although I prefer them much bigger , and the tattoos gotta go!

Jeez, I wish that FAD would just disappear altogether....... although it will be funny seeing all of these 60, 70, 80 year olds running around with these wrinkled tattoos if they do not get them removed.

D
  #6   Add to tremorwolf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:38 PM
The Alpha from hell

tremorwolf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifter73
Although I prefer them much bigger , and the tattoos gotta go!

Jeez, I wish that FAD would just disappear altogether....... although it will be funny seeing all of these 60, 70, 80 year olds running around with these wrinkled tattoos if they do not get them removed.

D

Gee, allot of people say that about bodybuilding -_-
You all seem forget, that tattooing is also CULTURAL!. you dont like it, then fine, we aren't dragging your ass into a tattoo shop to get one. but dont disrespect everyone who has a deep seeded connection with there tattoo by labeling it as a FAD.
  #7   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:52 PM

suma is on a distinguished road
as you might expect Aryan Nation and Prison are often closely tied to one another.
sometimes the spider's web tat means one or the other or both.
  #8   Add to Slevin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2007, 10:06 PM

Slevin is on a distinguished road
Your standard New Yorker? :P
  #9   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2007, 02:54 AM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Show the muscle! SKIP the tattoos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremorwolf
Gee, allot of people say that about bodybuilding -_-
You all seem forget, that tattooing is also CULTURAL!. you dont like it, then fine, we aren't dragging your ass into a tattoo shop to get one. but dont disrespect everyone who has a deep seeded connection with there tattoo by labeling it as a FAD.
In SOME cases cultural, but today in most cases it is, as I said, a FAD and a fashion statement or for those teenagers who think tattoos will make them look "COOL". And if you have nothing else going on in life that you are "deep-seeded" in a tattoo, there are bigger issues you gotta deal with.

And at my size let someone even THINK of dragging my ass anywhere, let alone a damn tattoo parlor...

D
  #10   Add to Garfield11's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2007, 04:10 AM

Garfield11 is on a distinguished road
Tattoos go way back to pre roman times although the first recorded tattoos I know of where when the roman army encountered some short, blue and extremely violent celts known as the picts.

I was watching a program on an american state prison and found it an eye opening program on just how much tattoos mean in there. There is also the military aspect where they are used to show loyalty to your unit so perhaps we should'nt be surprised on their continued use in todays society.
  #11   Add to Gymini29's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2007, 04:25 AM

Gymini29 is on a distinguished road
i would think that about 90% of Americans would be clueless as to the meaning of various tatoos.... and 8% could give a shit. besides they are well extremely well done

i like em.

gymini
  #12   Add to hickory's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2007, 08:06 AM

hickory is on a distinguished road
Symbols do not have universal meanings. Hell, the swastika represented balance and equilibrium in Buddhism long before it was adopted by the Third Reich. Spiderwebs are primal symbols dating back thousands of years across hundreds of cultures. If anything, their current cultural symbology is the fad. I can't fault anyone for attempting to reclaim it.

A beautiful body makes for a beautiful canvas.
  #13   Add to sexiscriptor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Your Adoring Fanboy

sexiscriptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sexiscriptor
my 2 cents :P

first of all, i thought it was the spider tattoo when it's on the elbow that makes it that whole aryan nation-ness...? or did i just misread you drew?

anyway, personally to some respect I don't mind tattoos; for me it's a matter of tastefulness. And now of course that's a very subjective criterion, but so is liking or not liking tattoos in the first place ;p
in the case of this kid, I'd have to say those are some gayass tat's, man...so much color, soooo flashy.... then there's the extensiveness, the "pattern", severe visibility, and so forth....
again, I've nothing against tattoos, at least nothing 'on the whole'; but this guy's tattoos don't strike me as particularly sexy nor even simply appealing. Frankly I find them garish and gaudy...
Like how the hell, if he were somehow obligated to go, would he manage to blend in and mingle at some 'casual' cocktail party.... something like, polo & khakis; half the tattoo's colors would instantly clash with anything--he'd stick out like a sore thumb.... Or what if he wants to keep liftin' and gets bigger...wouldn't the changing size and shape of his arms, shoulders, and chest distend and distort his tattoo...? Or the opposite; what if he chills it on the lifting for one reason or another...

I don't know. Frankly I've always thought simplicity was the ultimate sophistication; something elegant, simple, meaningful but wholly monochromatic XD
~Ille

Things happen.
  #14   Add to elysiumfields's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2007, 11:36 AM

elysiumfields is on a distinguished road
Though the tattoo's on that muscle stud are'nt the best,i think that the odd few tat designs look good on the right guy.Celtic and Tribal bands etc.
Not garish colourful designs or anything to do with skulls or horror which i totally hate,and spoil a guys masculine beauty.
I myself have a small modified tat of the Egyptian ''Eye of Ra'' on my left shoulder.I just got it because i liked it and not because i'm affiliated with any group.
  #15   Add to tremorwolf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:09 PM
The Alpha from hell

tremorwolf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifter73
In SOME cases cultural, but today in most cases it is, as I said, a FAD and a fashion statement or for those teenagers who think tattoos will make them look "COOL". And if you have nothing else going on in life that you are "deep-seeded" in a tattoo, there are bigger issues you gotta deal with.

And at my size let someone even THINK of dragging my ass anywhere, let alone a damn tattoo parlor...

D
Your still over generalizing Tattoos, Whatever, im not here to changer your mind about them. We are all allowed or opinion. You think Tattoos are a "FAD" just like most people out there think bodybuilding is both a Fad and a waist of time.

and for the last comment, there is always some one bigger , dude

anyway. lift well and lift heavy!
  #16   Add to Slevin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2007, 05:13 AM

Most people do not have a backround in symbology.

Unfortunately symbols have been used and reused so many times one symbol can mean many different things to many different people.

The perspective to look at it is what does it mean to YOU. You give the meaning to the symbol.

Yes If I look at you and you have an aryan nation symbol...which to me is:

As an example the Celtic Cross is also used as a common hate symbol...it's religous root could not be further from it.

I never really saw tatoo's as an expression of myself. I think they are more like "body art" than identification.
  #17   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2007, 06:03 AM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
And With the exception of that vile spiderweb tattoo (which he probably got without knowing what it means and, hopefully, regrets getting) his tattoos are gorgeous.

That said, I think things have gotten off topic. Jacked just wanted to know who the guy was. If we find out who he his we can probably find out if he just has an unfortunate tattoo or if he's some sort of neo-nazi dipshit unworthy of anyone's attention--with the exception of the police.
  #18   Add to Slevin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 11th, 2007, 05:57 AM

I have no idea who he is...I'm getting the impression he's European though :P
  #19   Add to BigBahamut's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 11th, 2007, 10:32 PM

BigBahamut is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face [A Lurker Speaks]A tatto isnt just a drawing.

Greetings all ^^

Most people get there tattoo for a reason, it isnt for general symbolism..Actually more for personal symbolism.All I have to say the more power to you... If you wanted to get a tattoo of a butt on you butt to remember those wonderous 'Bevis and Butthead day' I say go you.

People you have the internet why not use it to expand the way you think...Youtube,Wiki,and etc. Aren't just for entertainment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpxLTNw0qZASorry starts at 1:41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPdsYhC94wQ

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

Loss...Unity...Remembrance...Faith..

Tattoo are not just a fad...They may be ugly to you, but to the people who get them for there personal symbolism, I respect that.... These people know they will be going to grave with there tattoo..Yea your gonna get the token guy or girl with the "Because I liked the way it looked." thats life its gonna happen, but most do give it some thought before hand or at least i hope they would.

I guess for me I don't really have any tattoo, I rather be the guy giving the tattooes then the guy getting them. But that wouldnt be a wise carreer path for me..."Who wants to get there tattoo from someone that doesn't have one. ^^"

Ummm.....I guess this topic has gotten greatly off-topic and in reality I don't know this guy either.

So I take my position back as a lurker now and be quiet until i see another topic i like here and there...

*Honorably bows to the following: tremorwolf*
  #20   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
Yes, good replies tremorwolf and BigBahamut -- not everything means the same to everybody. Something can mean a lot to someone, and it's not very nice to shoot that down so bluntly.
  #21   Add to ljobenza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Master of the Neko

ljobenza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ljobenza
Then again, there are also people with tatoo fetish....but they're a different matter. :P
  #22   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2007, 10:45 AM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
Oh, please. OF COURSE tattoos are a fad. Thirty years ago, the only people with tattoos were old merchant marines and navy men. They were as "un-hip" as it is possible to get. Then alt-rockers started getting them to show how non-conformist they were, and now every kid has to get them to show how conformist they are. Their kids will lok on them as hopelessly old-fashioned, and the fad will be over.

Sure, there are cultures where they have traditional meanings, but that isn't America. Here, they are just one more way of joining the herd.

Tattoos obsure the results of training. Therefore they have no place in bodybuilding. If bodybuilding judging made any sense, there would be automatic deductions in points for every tattoo a contestant has.
  #23   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull
Oh, please. OF COURSE tattoos are a fad.
For SOME they are -- there is no denying that. They are certainly more popular nowadays, but that does not have to be explained by them being a fad.

Technology has improved, allowing tattoos that look entirely different from the ones 30 years ago. This has made it possible to convert different works of art into a tattoo. This meant that more people became interested in them. That again changed many people's view on tattoos. There is a development of using tattoos for decorative purposes nowadays (because they can actually make them look really good now). If you like this development or not is an entirely different matter. For some people they are still symbolic and often highly personal. If decorative tattoos ('tribal' tattoos, stars, etc.) are soon to disappear (which I personally doubt), you can call that a fad, but not tattoos in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull
Tattoos obsure the results of training. Therefore they have no place in bodybuilding. If bodybuilding judging made any sense, there would be automatic deductions in points for every tattoo a contestant has.
That'd be like penalising a competitor for having a bad tan (but in that case, the whole field of competitors would lose in body building -haha). It does not make the person's physique any worse, so deducting points would be quite ridiculous.

Anyway, overgeneralise all you want. Doesn't make you seem very credible.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options