The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to chuck20's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:12 PM

chuck20
Brother Story

When I was 15 and my brother Gary was 11 he was 5'6 and I was only 5'2. A year later he hit his growth spurt and grew to 5'10 and I thought why the hell arent I growing. The next year when I was 17 and Gary was 13 I still havent grown and Gary grew to 6'2...to make a long story short Gary is now 6'6 and I am 5'4. I just am short. Its fun to look at your younger brother and have to look up at him.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2004, 07:03 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Talking Must be something in the water

Wow!! He's 14 inches taller than you???I'm guessing you probably didn't pick on your "little" brother (I can almost picture you hanging from a coat hook for pissing him off). It's amazing how that shows up with siblings, the established order is the oldest is the biggest. When it turns around, it must have been hard to tell him to what to do. (an older brother's duty)
I just saw an episode of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" where the guy was 6' 5" at 235 lbs and had a twin brother that was about 5' 8" and 150 ! The big twin says that while they were in the womb, they didn't even know the other twin was there (I'm guessing that he dwarfed his brother even then) The small twin was good looking, but the big twin has an air of super -charged testosterone. He was also good looking , but his features looked EXTRA MASCULINE.
There was just something about the guy's face-- if this dude were to work out, he would grow muscles so quickly that everyone would think he was doing steroids. While his smaller twin would struggle to put on weight.
Anyway, Chuck 20, I hope "20" dosen't indicate your age, because if it is, your "little" brother probably isn't done growing
P.S. -must be something in the water-

Last edited by ottomun6; April 9th, 2004 at 07:05 PM.
  #3   Add to chuck20's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 10th, 2004, 06:54 AM

chuck20
actually I am 24, the reason why I never grew was because of an accident I suffered. We all found out something went wrong with the spine and growth plates about 5 years ago when I got myself to a doctor. But yeah it was odd at first to look up at your little brother.
  #4   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 10th, 2004, 07:55 AM

ottomun6
Ouch!, sorry to hear that. Does that mean you come from a tall family, and you normally would have been as big as your brother?
So if your brother is 20, I guess that he done growing.
But holy cow, 14 inches is a long way up there!
What type of build do you and your brother have, are you both thin? (somtimes its the only thing to put a little balance back, if you can get buffed while he is thin)
I'm 5' 8" and I'm in awe of my 6' 4" friend. he tends slouch a bit to talk down to us "mere mortals"..and that's eight inches!
Another 5'8" friend was telling me that back in college his roomate was 6' 6" and loved to tease him by leaning on the top of his head with his elbow

Last edited by ottomun6; April 10th, 2004 at 08:03 AM.
  #5   Add to chuck20's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2004, 04:20 PM

chuck20
I am about 100 lbs. and he is 220. I would have been tall Kinda pissed me off...

I was in a wheelchair for 10 months and that was hard being a kid and all.
  #6   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2004, 06:16 PM

ottomun6
So, if you got a lemon, make lemonade!

But the good thing is, right now you can hit the weightroom.
Even though you may be 5'4", there no reason that you can't pack on the muscle. I'm not saying you'll be the next Lee Preist (he's also 5'4"), but be the best built version of you that you can build up to. What if you made your first goal to keep that 120 lb weight difference to less than 110 lbs?
I secretly did that to try to keep my weightlifter buddy from out weighing me by more than 50 lbs. I made more of an effort to eat regularly, and squeeze out a couple more reps and I slowly closed the gap to about 30 lbs.
Sometimes its a bit easier for shorter guys to pack on the muscle than it is for tall guys. I remember a guy that was about 5'5" that was considerably stronger than me. (I think it had something to do with the leverage points of the muscle)
Who knows? You may have a little powerhouse build just waiting for you to wake it up?
If you can't afford a gym, at least start off with pushups, deep knee bends and calf raises.
Take a step at a time to be that powerhouse (But keep in mind that you are mainly trying to build muscle)
  #7   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2004, 07:30 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
5'4 sounds like a great height to me! Lee Priest is 5'4, ya know, and he's regularly competed at 220 lbs., bulking up to over 250 lbs. in the offseason. Short does NOT have to equal small! :-)

xoxo

rpj
  #8   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 16th, 2004, 05:57 PM

ottomun6
Lee Preist

Come to think of it chuck20,
I remember reading about Lee bulking up to the 280 lb mark. His girlfriend of the time said that his shoulders and arms were so beefy that he couldn't reach to comb his own hair!
But let's face it that guy didn't start out at that size.
And earlier on, there was a guy called Danny Padilla (from Arnold Schwarzennger's time period) this little dude was known as the giant killer, because he was only 5'2" but was built like a brickhouse.
If you start working out now, you could be here bragging about how your shirts are getting tight by the end of the year.
I know we would all get a kick out of it.

Last edited by ottomun6; April 16th, 2004 at 06:06 PM.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options