The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to bulkinupbig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2007, 12:25 PM

bulkinupbig
Cool Embarassing Muscle Moments

Over the past holiday I had taken a transcontinental flight from the west coast to the east coast. Just prior to take off... I was starting to get hungry. Not surprising since I have to eat every two hours. At this point everyone was seated and we were all waiting for the plane to pull back from the jetway when the captain got on the intercom and said that we were waiting for some additional bags. So I thought this was a good opportunity to reach up into the overhead compartment to grab some of the pre-packed sandwiches I had made for my trip and place them in the seat pocket in front of me. Even in business class they don't serve enough food to feed a hungry man. Walking down the aisle is a perky flight attendant who for some reason doesn't see me standing in the aisle.

Two seconds later she bumps into me head on with her head hitting squarely into the center of my chest. She falls back slightly, as I reach out to grab her elbows... and says in words loud enough for everyone in the cabin to hear: "ouch... oh my god... you are so big and so hard"...

Needless to say, the entire cabin starts giggling and laughing. Immediately, she realizes what she just said and turns completely red with embarassment.
Flying the friendly skys...
Bulkinupbig
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2007, 12:44 PM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
What a hot story! Does anyone have any embarassing shirt ripping experience, like busting out in public or when you weren't wanting to?
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2007, 01:05 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Great story, BUB!

xoxo

Richard

who wants to be reincarnated as BUB's sandwich bags 'cuz then he'd have his hands all over me! :-)
  #4   Add to kezzz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 17th, 2007, 03:53 PM

kezzz is on a distinguished road
I'm curious with something and have to ask this!!! How does most bodybuilder travel? Seeing that not many air carriers operate business class in some countries, it'd be a struggle to fit into those tight coach class seat. Do you or will you be forced to buy 2 seats? And if you are booking flights online, do you have to state 2 persons?

Also, curious to know... how BIG are you?
  #5   Add to luvmuscles2006's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 18th, 2007, 11:20 AM

luvmuscles2006 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to luvmuscles2006
I would have hoped you would have been upgraded to first class for your efforts or placed in the cargo hold for being an 'oversized package' in the main cabin....ha!
  #6   Add to slab99's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2007, 08:44 AM

slab99 is on a distinguished road
I used to travel all the time for business, and would occasionally see bodybuilders (no one famous, or at least no one I recognized). They didn't seem to have any trouble fitting into a regular seat. Having a 50" chest is not the same as having a 50" waist.
  #7   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2007, 03:13 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slab99
I used to travel all the time for business, and would occasionally see bodybuilders (no one famous, or at least no one I recognized). They didn't seem to have any trouble fitting into a regular seat. Having a 50" chest is not the same as having a 50" waist.
Airline seats are uncomfortable no matter what, actually the only problem I have on planes is fitting through the bathroom doors. If you try to exit the bathroom at the wrong angle its easy to get your shoulders stuck.
  #8   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 19th, 2007, 04:05 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slab99
Very good point!

True, there is a difference when it is the waist that is big. For me, I know that the most uncomfortable part for me is in the shoulder width/chest .... I tend to get a window seat as at least I have that side of my shoulder free and can lean in the direction of more room. The ONE time I got a center seat in between two other people, I found myself leaning forward most of the time as I simply could not fit my shoulders in between them. (and the thighs were a tight squeeze to boot).

So now, I book well in advance and business class if possible.
  #9   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2007, 10:00 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Another problem is that on planes they give you funny looks when you bring a lot of food with you and eat for the duration of the flight.
  #10   Add to bulkinupbig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 20th, 2007, 07:06 PM

bulkinupbig
Food on an airplane

Inflated, I've never had any problems with bringing food on board the airplane. Most people just are surprised at how much or often I am eating if it is a transcontinental flight. In fact, I had one experience in business class where the flight attendant reached out and grabbed my biceps and said... you look like you eat a lot of protein... and she served me two meals. The guy sitting in the seat across the aisle didn't say a word.

DaBigGuy1. Yes, I am in complete agreement... sometimes it is my legs that can't fit in the seat... and I will cramp up in coach.

I travelled on a JetBlue flight once and was the last passenger on board. The gate agent wanted to be sure she gave me an aisle seat. When I got on board the flight... the captain was standing outside the cockpit and got on the intercom and announced to the passengers that he was going to leave some of the luggage behind because the plane is going to be too heavy with this guy getting on board. He then apologized. (I just laughed.)
Bulkinupbig
  #11   Add to Anubis9653's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2007, 01:07 AM

Anubis9653 is on a distinguished road
You probably wanted to throw him out the airlock didn't you?
  #12   Add to jerseyflex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 21st, 2007, 02:46 PM

jerseyflex is on a distinguished road
When i was at my biggest (230 at 6ft tall....21 inch arms) i was flying a lot for work and hated it. when in coach class i spent most of the flight leaning forward with my elbows on my lap or on the drop down tray. if i sat back it bothered me and whoever sat with me.

one friday night boarding a full flight home i was doomed to the dreaded middle seat and the other two folks were seated. as i came down the aisle one of them looked at me then turned to the other and said "watch - i bet Mr Muscle is in our row"....sure enough i was - we all laughed about it. then of course the questions started. the one who was clearly gay asked to feel my bicep. (of course, i was happy to honor the request) ;0)~
  #13   Add to UKBeefy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2007, 05:19 AM

UKBeefy is on a distinguished road
I get to work every day on the bus (employed people do use public transport in London!) and find that I get quite a few people who choose the seat next to me (two abreast with me by the window) and sit down and then realise they can't fit in their seat. I am up against the window on one side and I think they think that I am being inconsiderate! There's just not enough space. Unfortunately given this is people in their usual sullen commuting type spirit I have never really got the complements and only the stares and tut tuting/sighs from fellow passengers. If I were bigger (currently 230lbs 5ft9 and prob 49 ch/38 2) I'd wonder how/where to sit on the bus. Already if I see seats between others I give way to thinner people.

The one thing I'd always want on a plane is to be seated next to someone else nicely built - at least I'd have someone to talk to/admire/compare notes with rather than the usual old ladies/fat salesmen who bore you.
  #14   Add to NYCmscl4mscl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:01 AM
NYCMscl4Mscl

NYCmscl4mscl is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyflex
When i was at my biggest (230 at 6ft tall....21 inch arms) i was flying a lot for work and hated it. when in coach class i spent most of the flight leaning forward with my elbows on my lap or on the drop down tray. if i sat back it bothered me and whoever sat with me.

one friday night boarding a full flight home i was doomed to the dreaded middle seat and the other two folks were seated. as i came down the aisle one of them looked at me then turned to the other and said "watch - i bet Mr Muscle is in our row"....sure enough i was - we all laughed about it. then of course the questions started. the one who was clearly gay asked to feel my bicep. (of course, i was happy to honor the request) ;0)~
How nice of you to let him feel your bicep!! Any chance you'll be in NYCity soon??
  #15   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:52 AM
MAZIVZEMBERE

MAZIVKAROLY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via MSN to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via Yahoo to MAZIVKAROLY
Thumbs up Mr. Muscle in Flight

Most obliging of you!

Good to know there are a few generous bbrs out there making the skies even friendlier.

Thanks.
  #16   Add to bulkinupbig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:46 AM

bulkinupbig
Seat width

Drew... they seem narrower in coach.
I have a problem all the time with the reclining button on the inside arm of the seat when I have to fly coach.
My legs just fit into the seat and press against the reclining button so the seat goes back all the time, whether I want it to or not.
I had one flight attendant try to push the seat back into the upright position
for landing. She had to ask the guy sitting behind me for help.
She then said she was going to report the seat broken.
It inspires me when I train legs on Saturdays... grueling workouts.
Bulkinupbig
  #17   Add to tallmuscledman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 22nd, 2008, 07:29 AM

tallmuscledman is on a distinguished road
I was in a staff meeting one time in a white button down shirt and tie. The meeting had been going on quite a while and I had gotten sleepy. I let out this huge yawn and stretched and flexed my arms like we do alot when we yawn, when all of a sudden there was this loud ripping sound and the right sleeve of my dress shirt ripped from elbow to shoulder, with my bicep flexing right out and up out of the torn material. The entire room was staring at me and my arm and this one woman goes, "WOW". They all just stared at me with mouths hanging open. I was embarrassed, but loved it too!
  #18   Add to cozman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 22nd, 2008, 02:22 PM

cozman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cozman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmuscledman
I was in a staff meeting one time in a white button down shirt and tie. The meeting had been going on quite a while and I had gotten sleepy. I let out this huge yawn and stretched and flexed my arms like we do alot when we yawn, when all of a sudden there was this loud ripping sound and the right sleeve of my dress shirt ripped from elbow to shoulder, with my bicep flexing right out and up out of the torn material. The entire room was staring at me and my arm and this one woman goes, "WOW". They all just stared at me with mouths hanging open. I was embarrassed, but loved it too!
I'll bet they all loved it more. That's awesome.
  #19   Add to MAZIVKAROLY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:11 PM
MAZIVZEMBERE

MAZIVKAROLY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via MSN to MAZIVKAROLY Send a message via Yahoo to MAZIVKAROLY
Thumbs up Shirt Ripping

Great f***ing thread ripping!

Love the reaction.

More power! More strength! More growth!

Pumping up is the only way to live and love!
  #20   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 17th, 2009, 11:31 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
I know, the thread is a little old, BUT.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkinupbig View Post
Inflated, I've never had any problems with bringing food on board the airplane. Most people just are surprised at how much or often I am eating if it is a transcontinental flight. In fact, I had one experience in business class where the flight attendant reached out and grabbed my biceps and said... you look like you eat a lot of protein... and she served me two meals. The guy sitting in the seat across the aisle didn't say a word.

DaBigGuy1. Yes, I am in complete agreement... sometimes it is my legs that can't fit in the seat... and I will cramp up in coach.

I travelled on a JetBlue flight once and was the last passenger on board. The gate agent wanted to be sure she gave me an aisle seat. When I got on board the flight... the captain was standing outside the cockpit and got on the intercom and announced to the passengers that he was going to leave some of the luggage behind because the plane is going to be too heavy with this guy getting on board. He then apologized. (I just laughed.)
Bulkinupbig
A good thread, especially as I just got back from a vacation where for a connection I had to get on a United Airways commuter jet...talk about torture! I was in seat 1A..a window seat so I thought I'd be okay. WRONG! I was literally stuffed into the seat, muscles oozing into the next seat and my thighs were WEDGED in between the armrests! The lady sitting next to me offered to change seats with me and I was grateful. I ended up on the seat next to the aisle.

I was still stuffed into the seat, but at least my shoulders could expand.... UNTIL they brought out the beverage cart and as hard as I tried my shoulders were sticking into the aisle and in the way of the cart, which meant that for every pass they made I had to stand up and turn sideways. It was uncomfortable, but it was kind of fun as I could see the looks on some of the guys face's looking at "the moose at the front of the plane".

Do I still like being big? ABSOLUTELY!

Ron III---III
  #21   Add to malaysiabber's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2009, 01:28 AM

malaysiabber is on a distinguished road
I myself also have an experience while in the office and after I had sat for too long, and still in sitting position, I felt like doing a little stretching. Seated, with both palms closed, I pulled my arms backwards and then slowly bring it to the front (similar like doing a lat spread but the palms are not on my waist). After that I heard a ripping sound and my goodness, the mid-back of the shirt had ripped. Luckily my seat has a high back rest and upon no one noticing, took out the shirt that I brought for gym and quickly rushed for the gents. As it is still the office environment (I have to be in formal wear), the shirt is still worn though it is torn but I wore my gym shirt underneath. Luckily I do not need to move around much that day but got some interesting comments from my colleagues that occasionally pass by my work station.
  #22   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaysiabber View Post
Luckily I do not need to move around much that day but got some interesting comments from my colleagues that occasionally pass by my work station.
Great story, MBB! Tell us more, please: How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Post some pix, gosh dang darn it! :-)

All the best & xoxo...

Richard
  #23   Add to malaysiabber's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2009, 09:54 AM

malaysiabber is on a distinguished road
I am about 6 feet, 230 pounds, which is considered very big for an Asian. Yeah though I am damn embarassed, but part of me feel proud as finally I "hulk"ed out.
  #24   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2009, 10:23 AM

digger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1 View Post
I was still stuffed into the seat, but at least my shoulders could expand.... UNTIL they brought out the beverage cart and as hard as I tried my shoulders were sticking into the aisle and in the way of the cart, which meant that for every pass they made I had to stand up and turn sideways. It was uncomfortable, but it was kind of fun as I could see the looks on some of the guys face's looking at "the moose at the front of the plane".
Sigh. Last year on a flight I sat in coach, leaning out a bit into the aisle so I didn't squeeze the passenger in the center seat. The beverage cart comes along and the flight attendant says with clear irritation, "You're going to have to stop leaning into the aisle." I said, "It's not like I have a choice here." Then she turned around and snapped, "Yes you do." I looked her right in the eye and loudly responded, "Are you seriously complaining to me about the shoulder room on *your* airplane?" She ignored me after that.

I hate flying.
  #25   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2009, 10:25 AM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am about 6 feet, 230 pounds, which is considered very big for an Asian. Yeah though I am damn embarassed, but part of me feel proud as finally I "hulk"ed out.
Alright, you answered two of RPJ's things, now where's the pics Mr. Asian?

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #26   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
6 ft. and 230 lbs. is pretty damned big in the U.S., too! :-)

xoxo

Richard

who would feel like a little thing next to MBB!
  #27   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2009, 11:55 AM

And, yeah, even though I'm not as big as Digger or DaBigGuy or Bulkinupbig, I have the same problem with airplane seats. I tend to prefer window seats (on big planes) since there's an extra inch or two beyond the armrest; middles are horrible and aisle seats aren't much better (if at all!) I have a hard time deciding which is more annoying, being scrunched between fellow travelers or getting *whacked* every time someone walks by.

xoxo

Richard
  #28   Add to muscledoz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 7th, 2009, 07:51 PM

muscledoz is on a distinguished road
Have found a problem is getting enough fluids. Water is just plain bulky.

A few year ago I flew to Melbourne for a competition. Three bodybuilders on a plane. One mate was competed, two of us for moral support etc. Got seats together, that was a mistake. Way short of shoulder room. Did whole trip with someone leaning forward.
  #29   Add to musclover's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 7th, 2009, 09:44 PM

musclover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to musclover
I wish!

How come I never get put next to guys like you? Life is just unfair. =)
  #30   Add to ny-boy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 8th, 2009, 08:04 AM

ny-boy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledoz View Post
A few year ago I flew to Melbourne for a competition. Three bodybuilders on a plane. One mate was competed, two of us for moral support etc. Got seats together, that was a mistake. Way short of shoulder room. Did whole trip with someone leaning forward.
I saw this on a flight from NY to Las Vegas a few years back on the Friday before the Olympia weekend...three really wide guys stuffed into seats next to each other. They were all asleep, and wedged into each other so tight they were propped straight up. I overheard one of the flight attendants say "they're so cute!"

There were a couple of other big guys on that flight too, and one very large (and I mean VERY large, in a muscle way!) woman. No "booth babes" though, I had to wait for the exposition hall for them!
  #31   Add to anglekindle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Way Too Tall

anglekindle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to anglekindle Send a message via Yahoo to anglekindle Send a message via Skype™ to anglekindle
It was embarassing....

I wouldn't say I'm huge (Heck I know I'm not) but there has been steady growth on my legs this past year. A few weeks ago I was helping a customer wearing the same dress pants that I've had for years (they were feeling snug but I didn't think much of it). At one time I bent over to grab a phone I accidentally dropped and all you heard was a loud rip. The seams near my crotch area burst and I instantly went red. Had to take a ten minute break to go buy a new pair.... My assistant manager is still making jokes about it.
  #32   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:47 PM

Ah, ye olde pants rip!

I'm NOT huge but except for the few times I've been quite skinny I've always had beefy thighs. They rub the insides of my pants, so much so that eventually they wear out! Get a tailor to put in a crotch liner -- your new pants will last longer!

xoxo

Richard
  #33   Add to anglekindle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Way Too Tall

Send a message via MSN to anglekindle Send a message via Yahoo to anglekindle Send a message via Skype™ to anglekindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Ah, ye olde pants rip!

I'm NOT huge but except for the few times I've been quite skinny I've always had beefy thighs. They rub the insides of my pants, so much so that eventually they wear out! Get a tailor to put in a crotch liner -- your new pants will last longer!

xoxo

Richard
Got to love beefy thighs. The new pants are 2% spandex but I guess its better to be safe then sorry. Sucks though, need to get a waist 38 now in order for there to be room for my thighs and I hate belts.....
  #34   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2009, 05:46 PM

Good golly -- just how big ARE your thighs, Angle?

Stats / Pix, dammit, Stats / Pix! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #35   Add to anglekindle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Way Too Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Good golly -- just how big ARE your thighs, Angle?

Stats / Pix, dammit, Stats / Pix! :-)

xoxo

Richard
Legs are 25.5 inches, it must be the cut of the pants or something...

Height 6'6'' so like I said, I'm not huge for my height (no I don't play basketball). I went with waist 38 just so I have some moving room, maybe its just the brand...

Sorry for highjacking the thread.....
  #36   Add to burntjello's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 10:02 PM

burntjello is an unknown quantity at this point
These incidents are really funny guys... and for malaysiabber... LETS SEE SOME PICS!!

Anyway, I remember one day I was walking along with a colleague st work in a nearby park during our lunch break, and I saw a pretty flower at the ground. So I decided to reach down to give it to them, and being a gymnast I didn't think I would have to bend my knees, just reach down from the flexibility.
Guess what? I was wrong. I flipped over onto my back, and ripped my shirt which apparently was barely containing me, and popping off some buttons. It was really embarassing, and my friend couldn't stop laughing.
Long story short, eventually they recieved the flower.
  #37   Add to condemned88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:07 PM

condemned88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger View Post
I looked her right in the eye and loudly responded, "Are you seriously complaining to me about the shoulder room on *your* airplane?".
LOL! Owned!!!
  #38   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:32 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Can't believe I did this tonight, looks like I may have to cut back on leg work

My folks bought a Canadian made kitchen table set when I was still in school and the chairs had 1" steel tube backs and arm rests that at the time were ranged from snug to tight and as my bodyfat kept getting worse over the last 15+ years. A couple of the chairs has been down right uncomfortable over the past couple years since most of what used to be fat in my legs has been replaced with muscle. I sat in one of tehm so I could get something to eat tonight before going to the gym and sat on one of teh tight one and moved around a little to try and get somewhat comfortable when all three of us heard a snap, which was followed by some un-expected and otherwise impossible armrest movement I stood back up and turned the chair over to find that the part of the armrest that moved had been welded to a 1"x3"x1/8" (at the thickest) steel plate that was bolted to the base of the chair had broken at the weld that held the tube and the plate together! I didn't think that I put that much stress on the armrest either
  #39   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2009, 03:16 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
All olf which seems to add up to the same manifesto

We, the undersigned, call upon transport providers to ensure:
  • That bodybuilders are given 1? seats for all classes of transport
  • Bodybuilders have their own express lane at checkouts / checkins that is 50% larger than average
  • To allow bodybuilders to be treated as normal travellers and not be set upon by stewards asking to feel their muscles
  • And to ensure that when a bodybuilder is exiting a transport method, they are allowed to disembark first
  #40   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2009, 07:49 AM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Hell, I'd be happy if stores would make their non-handicap stalls a little wider and place the TP holer 1' above my knees!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options