You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #41   Add to F_R_Eaky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 26th, 2008, 05:24 PM

F_R_Eaky is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to F_R_Eaky
Well, if you'd like a really great out grow story listen to the one of the kids that used to live down my street. There were four children: two older boys, one girl, and then Gil the youngest boy.
Now, the two oldest boys of course used to pick on Gil something fierce. And why not being about 8 years older they could do that easily. It also didn't hurt that they both had grown to be 6' 3" tall. The daughter was older than the youngest boy by three years I think and she grew to be 6' tall. However, unlike the brothers, she tried to support and help her little brother, who seemed to destined to remain 'small' as at the end of his freshman year his was only around 6' tall himself. By this time in his brothers lives they had hit their respective heights.
So, now let time move forward... the brothers had graduated college, gotten jobs, and moved elsewhere. It has been a couple of years since they've been able to come back and visit the family. The last time they did was the Christmas of Gil's junior year and he was still 6' tall and a lil' gangly. Now it was Gil's Junior year of college. Sister had run interference with mom & dad, keeping them silent of the change with her brothers. So just when they're coming home to visit for Christmas, see how their lil' brother is doing in the real world and set to tease them some more, they were in for quite a surprize.
Lil' Gil shortly after Christmas of his High School Junior year had begun to grow and continued to do so right up to the end of his senior year in high school. Growing up up...to his dad's 6'2... up to his brother's 6'3...... up and up the 6 and half foot mark.... up and up...to match the doorway at 6'8"....and still up to finally match the door frame height of 6'10". To make matters even worse for his brothers. The taller he got, the more he trained for football as well as the taller he got the larger his appetite became. Mom's grocery bill damn near tripled. Clothing was bought off the tall rack, then the broad and tall rack, then it had to be made by hand. Gil hit the weights as he ate and ate and when he stopped growing..... well you know how people shortly after their growth up spurt hit a point where they fill out, the muscles catching up and all. Imagine your body is getting primed to do that, but before hand you've been lifting weights, stretching, resting, bulking up on the food, and you continue to do that during the filling out process as well. Gil's mom called it the second explosion he had.
Needless to say when the brothers called at the bottom of the stairs for lil' Gil to come down and play. They were quite surprised when a 6'10" close to 400 lb behemoth approached them from behind picked up both of them and said it was so good to see them again. They found a new respect for him that night and have maintained it ever since.
  #42   Add to IanP's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:15 PM

IanP is on a distinguished road
Happened to Me

Hi guys,

I was reading this forum for workout inspiration and ran across this posting. I had to finally register just so I could say, happened to me too. I was always about 2 inches taller than my brother (me 6', him 5'10) He's just 9 mos younger than I am. Anyway, he's in the army and recently got stationed in the same state where I am (he's in some training there, I think.) I saw him about six months ago when he got stationed there, and then a few weeks ago he came to crash with me, and he's 6'1. And, we've both always been athletic (lifters, but not competitive bodybuilder level) but he's really made gains there too -- he was always a hard gainer but he seems like he's cracked that. Had to have 20 or 25 lbs of new muscle on him.

Just thought I would put in my two cents. My e-mail is [email protected]. Thanks for the cool postings from everybody.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #43   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2008, 09:03 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
3 inches in 6 months?

So am I reading correctly that your brother grew three inches in 6 months? How old is he and did the growth occur as he became more serious in training? I've still got a theory that if you start to work out even late in puberty that it seems to spur some extra height...presuming your bones haven't fully hardened yet.

Of course the obvious question is if he added three inches anywhere else, too (haha).
  #44   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2008, 02:42 AM

Location: Home: California Coast; Currently Stationed: Ft Hood, TX
gogr2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
3 inches and 25 pounds... Its the secret army growth serum they give us...

Somehow they forgot to get me that shot.
  #45   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2008, 09:00 AM

Notbigenuff
Well...

Well, Gogr2, go back to your commanding officer and demand the full treatment that you deserve - and maybe some extra for getting missed the first time!
  #46   Add to IanP's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 28th, 2008, 10:18 AM

IanP is on a distinguished road
I tried to post this before but it didn't go through.

Anyway, yeah LOL if there was serum believe me I'd be bugging him to score some for me, but no luck so far.

He's 21. I think the intensity of whatever he's doing plus diet changes got things kicking in for him. I don't think he used to eat all that well.

Anyway, it's motivating me to get off my butt and break out of the plateau I've been in, so that's good.
  #47   Add to mike100's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM

mike100 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mike100
went back and dug this up... so where did your brother top out at? he finally stop growing?
  #48   Add to jsmith2300's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2008, 10:05 AM

jsmith2300 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jsmith2300
Hey, all. Yeah, my brother appears to have stopped growing, thankfully for me. I still can't believe how much he's grown in just over a year. He's topped out at a full 6'5" tall now. That means he grew around 6" this year. And at such a late age! And like the Ian kid was mentioning, my brother also put on some serious muscle. It's incredible to be compared to him. I was always the bigger brother (height, muscle, everything), and now I'm not fit to be compared to him. At 6' (or mabye slightly under it feels like now), I'm not a bad height. But I've always wanted to be his size. At least one of us got lucky. He's dating a girl who is MY height. I think she may be just a fraction of an inch taller. I asked my brother if that was the case. He didn't answer: he only smirked.

Hey Mike, let's hook up again some time online. Would love to chat. Or with anyone else who has had a similiar thing happen. Just PM me or e-mail [email protected].

--JSmith
The Following User Says Thank You to jsmith2300 For This Useful Post:
  #49   Add to Maverick0095875's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2008, 11:10 AM
lifeisahighway

Maverick0095875 is on a distinguished road
since u brought it back up im 6'6.5 now\
its funny cause when im in the bathroom my whole head is above the mirrorlike i can see the top of my neck but above that NOTHING
  #50   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2008, 07:47 PM

Notbigenuff
So Hot...

I have to say, I'm very happy to see the updates to this thread. I find true stories about these late growth spurts amazingly hot! When I imagine the feelings that these guys have while growing so much after they thought they had stopped...oh my!
  #51   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 17th, 2008, 02:31 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
And how much does your brother weigh now, JSmith?

xoxo

Richard
  #52   Add to jsmith2300's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith2300 View Post
Hey, all. Yeah, my brother appears to have stopped growing, thankfully for me. I still can't believe how much he's grown in just over a year. He's topped out at a full 6'5" tall now.
Guess I was wrong. He's been measured at 6'6" recently. When will this madness stop! Good lord, he's SO TALL compared to me now. I'm almost embarassed to stand next to him. He's nearly a head taller than me. And he's got that permanent grin on his face from being the "big tall" guy now. He loves it. I can totally understand why.

Anyone else have a little brother outgrow them? I'm sure not nearly as much as mine (or so late) but I'm definitely wanting to hear stories. Or, if you are a big brother like me and want to comiserate, I'm there for you. E-mail me at [email protected] or find me on Yahoo Messenger as jsmith230. Hope to hear from some folks!

I'll just be sitting here.... thinking about my giant brother. Ugh!

--JSmith
The Following User Says Thank You to jsmith2300 For This Useful Post:
  #53   Add to musclegod's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:19 PM

musclegod is on a distinguished road
I'm the little brother that outgrew his big brother. I love it! It's awesome!!!
  #54   Add to jsmith2300's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclegod View Post
I'm the little brother that outgrew his big brother. I love it! It's awesome!!!
Grrr! There are so many of you out there!

How tall are you musclegod? How tall is your older brother?
  #55   Add to musclegod's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:58 PM

I'm 6'2" my "big brother" is 5'11". He was a jock in Jr. High and High School. I was more of a "student." My dad would not allow me to lift weights as I was thick and stocky from the time I was a little kid. I was always bigger and stronger than other kids my age. My dad was afraid I would become too big so he forbid me to lift weights. My "big brother" is about 4 years older and always "kept me in my place." Around the time I was 16 I had a friend who had a weight set at his house. I began to "sneak out" and lift weights with him. After a while I would show up at his house and train by myself. The surprise came one night when I was 16 and my 20 years old brother decided he needed to "teach me a lesson." Well to make a long story short a lesson was taught and I was the teacher. We had a new understanding by the end of the evening. It was clear who was going to be in charge and calling the shots from then on. Can you guess who?
  #56   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:13 AM

rextorres is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
Hey musclegod, how old are you now? How is your relationship with your brother now? How does he treat you when you see him?
  #57   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
Talking

I'm slightly bigger and heavier than my brother who is 8 years older than me...
  #58   Add to musclegod's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rextorres View Post
Hey musclegod, how old are you now? How is your relationship with your brother now? How does he treat you when you see him?

That incident was over 15 years ago. After I went off to college my brother continued to relive his jock high school days. He married a cheerleader type. Both of them loved the party scene and became pratically obese. As for me my obsession with muscle, size and power just kept growing. Over the years our contact has gone down dramatically. He always avoided any physical comparison or confrontation after that incident. It was a long way from those days when I was 10 and he was 14 and he would flex his baseball sized bicep in my face with its thick vein and physically intimidate me. I don't think he ever dreamed it would be possible for me to outgrow him and overpower him with my dominance only a few years later. Once he couldn't intimidate me and beat me up he became afraid of me and wanted no part of me in his life.
  #59   Add to growingbigger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 13th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Growing Wolverine

growingbigger is on a distinguished road
My older brother (three years older than me) and I used to fight a lot when we were younger, but later in life I outgrew him although not so much in height as I did in muscle. He's 5' 11" and I'm 6', but I outweigh him by about a good 40 lbs. I always seem to make him a little nervous at family gatherings these days.
  #60   Add to jsmith2300's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2010, 09:58 AM

Update 5/2010

Hey all, I wanted to give you an update on my brother. He's FINALLY stopped growing! In a way I'm RELIEVED that he has because in a way I never thought he would. He stopped at just over 6ft6 tall - a DAMN tall man. I'm also sad in a way too because it was cool watching him grow. He's around 240 lbs now and he is wearing size 16 shoes. He's just a BEAST, very muscular too. Not sure what triggered his growth still, but I'm very very shocked at his transformation. I'm still getting used to it!!

Anyone else have a little brother outgrow them? I'm sure not nearly as much as mine (or so late) but I'm definitely wanting to hear stories. A lot of guys have e-mailed me in the past which has been cool. I'd love to talk to more guys in this situation. Or, if you are a big brother like me and want to commiserate, I'm there for you. E-mail me at [email protected] or find me on Yahoo Messenger as jsmith230. Hope to hear from some folks!

-- John
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsmith2300 For This Useful Post:
peace4255 (May 27th, 2013)
  #61   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2010, 07:13 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Yay, thread necromancy. -_-; For a lot of us big brothers, this isn't a situation we like to think about. >>
  #62   Add to Kymuscleboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 23rd, 2010, 10:13 PM

Kymuscleboy is on a distinguished road
That is truly an amazing, late transformation. I don't have a similar story, as I am the only boy in my family. Thank goodness my sisters didn't get taller than me. Than would be too much to take.
  #63   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:03 AM
BigBearMan94

Are you sure he was absolutely done growing?

And you should share some pictures of his height transformation! Like some pictures of him and you together at the beginning, middle, and end!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options