The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to sarado28sp's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 20th, 2004, 05:20 PM

sarado28sp
Send a message via Yahoo to sarado28sp
Max-ot

Does Anubody have information about this MAX-OT approach, if it works as it says, and if u have to take all those supplements to get there?

Thanks pals
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
I?ve seen this thread for awhile now and I?ve been reticent to respond to it. I?ve been training with the MAX OT (Maximum Overload Training) principles for the past 8 weeks. Felt a bit awkward talking about this because I didn?t know if I should share my experiences with the group. After all, we talk about muscle growth but we don?t necessarily talk about specific member workout regimens.

First off, let me begin that I am in no way endorsing this program or company. I have no affiliation to either AST Sports Science or its founders. I?m merely offering my own personal experiences with this system and my own results. Whew! Ok, now that I?ve made the big disclaimer, here are some of my reasons, thoughts, results and experiences.

REASONS:
I decided to change my workout because I was no longer seeing improvements in my training and I seemed to have reached a bit of a plateau. Additionally, I wanted to break the monotony of my current training and try something different. The MAX OT system generally espouses a five-day workout regimen consisting of the following:

1. Back and Traps
2. Chest
3. Calves and Legs
4. Biceps/Triceps/Forearms
5. Shoulders

Now, I can?t workout five times a week (I have this nasty little thing called a professional career and a mortgage). However, I workout 3 times a week and can still follow the routine. It?s a fairly simple and efficient system in that there is a Warm-Up Sequence, Acclimation Set, and Muscle Building Sets. I won?t go into detail (You can view it on the AST Sports Science website: http://www.ast-ss.com/jeffwillet/RoadTo2003/DailyJournal.asp?display=training&jid=25 ) but the warm up sequence is essentially 3 sets of exercises which incrementally increase in weight and decrease in repetition. NBD. This, in turn is followed by the ?Acclimation Set.? The acclimation set is generally one to two repetitions of a weight that is slightly less than the maximum weight you can handle for 6 reps. This one acclimation set functions as a preparation of the muscle building set. Finally, the ?Muscle Building Set? is your maximum weight that you can lift on your own for at least 4 repetitions on your own but no more than 6 reps (with a spot if necessary). The muscle building set consists generally of 2 sets, 4-6 reps.

THOUGHTS:
I haven?t purchased any supplements by AST Sports Science. However, let?s just say that I average 3? meals a day and I?m very familiar with egg whites, boneless/skinless chicken breasts, oatmeal, broccoli, cottage cheese and more than a few protein supplements and bars.

RESULTS:
My workouts have improved fairly well. I?ve experienced increases my chest, arms and leg measurements. My overall strength has also improved. I experience less soreness after training and tend to get better pumps during the workout. The workouts are intense but efficient and I don?t feel like I?m wasting time in the gym.

EXPERIENCES:
I?ve been satisfied so far with the first 8 weeks of this workout program. My results have been generally satisfactory for me. However, I think that this particular program has the following certain limitations:

1. Heavier weight at lower reps.
While this concept has been a staple for building muscle for a long time, it also presents some logistical issues such as correct form and the requirement of ?spotting.?

2. Loose form over strict form.
The proponents of the MAX OT System advocate a ?loose form? in some exercise movements. While this form is not ?sloppy,? it is neither strict and can present potential problems or even injury if you?re not experienced or have the benefit of professional instruction or spotting.

3. Concept of ?overloading the muscle.?
Again, this theory makes sense and has been an accepted practice in the gym for a long time, but from a practicality perspective, you really need to have the benefit of a training partner who can spot you on just about very exercise and this, for me, is somewhat impractical.

And that?s one man?s opinion of the MAX OT system. Bottom line in the gym: You do what works for you!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options