The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:53 PM
febjr

Moving Men

I was asked to help my friends move last weekend. They know I lift and often remark about the size of my arms (between 19 & 20 inches right now), but have never seen me lift or have any idea how strong I am.

They have a lot of solid oak furniture which is really heavy. When we started to move this big cabinet it was me and one other guy on one side and 2 guys on the other. We reached down and grabbed the bottom edge of the cabinet. They said on the count of 3 we would lift the piece off the floor. Well what happened next was so funnny. I literally curled my side of the piece up off the floor to my chest level while they could only get their side a few inches off the ground. Plus as I lifted up the cabinet the guy helping me let go as the force of my lift pulled the cabinet out of his hands.

For the rest of the move it was me on one side and the 3 of them on the other.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:47 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Pix please! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #3   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2008, 02:10 PM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Movers

Yeah, it is a rush when your ten times stronger than the professional 'strong men'.

Just hired some movers myself and the two muscle kids were visibly shocked when they saw me. They said that I should come work for their company! When we were done I asked where I could get a "Gentle Giant" t-shirt (that's the name of the company) and one of the kids gave me the shirt off his back! I gave him mine, and although his fits me like a sausage casing, I'm wearing it to the gym. Make my pecs look big!

-BigLittleTim
  #4   Add to Digibacker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 23rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Recently called 'immense'

Digibacker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Digibacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post
Yeah, it is a rush when your ten times stronger than the professional 'strong men'
Indeed! (even if not 10x) A co-worker and I are usually called upon to move all the heavy equipment at the ISP we work for (nicknames "Grondar 1" and "Grondar 2" -- he used to wrestle in high school), but a couple of months ago we got some new industrial-sized UPS's that were simply too big for any human to move (1,600 lbs each). So our firm hired some movers who set up equipment like this, but even they were having trouble. So, I was once again called upon to help them! I knew what was coming when I overheard someone shout, "hold on, we've got a bodybuilder here who can help."

Was kinda fun (Though, I'd never do justice to the sport by calling myself a "bodybuilder", but it was a nice sentiment.)
  #5   Add to cozman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:42 PM

cozman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cozman
That's a really cool compliment to your size and strength though.
  #6   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 24th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Isn't it great being the in-house "muscle boy", Digibacker!

There's something very flattering when your co-workers come to you everytime something heavy needs moving. The assumption that you're not just a smart guy who can do his job, but this character who has this after-hours identity as a muscle-man. It's a bit like being Clark Kent, eh?

Cheers, big guy.

BigLittleTim

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options