The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Justin Photo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 5th, 2004, 10:50 PM

Justin Photo
Real Muscle Friends

Hey muscle fans:

I wanted to share some of my experiences with real strength situation with some of my young muscled friends.

I live in the Toronto area, early twenty's and have several friends into competitive sports and into heavy lifting.

I'm no athlete myself, the complete opposite actually but my friends are playful and include me in their activities without feeling totally stupid.

I'm closeted and get really turned on when my friends demonstrate their strength and show off their muscles. For example:

My business partner is into serious bodybuilding and is on steriods. I love watching him in the gym as he pushes and lifts an outrages amount of weight. I can't help but feel small and intimidated especially when he flexes.

He loves to flex his biceps and walk around the appartment with his no shirt and boxer briefs. I buy him clothes every once and while but they always look too tight on him and out grows them very quickly.

He's not afraid to change in front of me, but I haven't actually peek in fear of getting caught. (He has a drop dead gorgeous girlfriend).

I'll be the first to admit that he is a bit too cocky about his physique and gives off a bad vibe if you met him in person. But it works out perfectly because we play good cop/ bad cop to get a job done.

Another friend is also into bodybuilding and even bigger than my business partner! I love watching him in the university gym as he bench presses and sweats like a man. When shaking his hand I can't help but notice that they are twice the size of mine! I usually bump into him literally at the clubs on the weekend. This guy is built and towers over almost everyone when he enters the room. He loves to wear tight fitting shirts to show off his massive physique and you will always find him with two or more girls hanging on to him. You may think that he would be cocky but he is the complete opposite, very humble and down right nice guy. A friendly giant.

Finally, I have another long time good friend who is aiming to play baseball professionally. I missed him the last two years as he played college baseball in the United States. Luckly, he recently came back home and is bigger than ever. He's your typical jock, baseball hat, beer drinking, frat boy.

With warm weather we have recntly hit the local soccer field and I get to check out his defined pecs, awesome six pack and beautiful back. However, what I love about him is that whenever he greets me he always give me a big bear hug and lifts me 2 - 3 feet clearly off the ground! The feeling of his power lifting me is truly awesome!

He constantly jokes about me sucking his big dick and he likes to slap my ass. If only he knew how badly I wanted it!

I would love to hear about other people's similar experiences/relationships with their st8 friends!

I'll keep you all posted about my encounters. Until next time keep pumping!

Justin x
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2004, 04:55 AM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
buffed friends

Wow that's awesome Justin !
Hey can you give us some stats ? (heights and weights) even some estimates will help us visualize these buffed friends. With these guys in your life, I bet that they would tell you. Or maybe you could even tease them by comparing measurements. Sometimes friends like to show off their muscles just for the heck of it.
Almost all of my friends are all married now so there's very little chance of being picked up like that anymore. Enjoy it while you can. And I hope you are trying to get serious about working out yourself. You should be a muscle stud too!
  #3   Add to Justin Photo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2004, 09:00 PM

Justin Photo
buff friends stats

ottomun6,

Ah yes the pose down in the locker room. I haven't seen that happen since finishing high school 2 years ago.

From what I recall here are the following stats of my friends:

Business Partner:

weight: 185
height: 5"10
biceps: 15.5

Bodybuilder Friend:

weight: 220
height: 6"2
biceps: 18 biceps
bench: 350+
curl: 175+
squat: 400+
deadlift:450?

Baseball Friend:

weight: 195
bicep: 16

hehe, I was lifted again by him today!

As for me, I'm obviously puny compared to these guys. They try and include me in their workouts but I'm not much help. I don't have the upper body strength to be useful.

I watch what I eat and I did get into a serious workout routine with a personal trainer in the beginning of the year and even taking up boxing classes. I was seeing results but got real busy with school and paper work and suddenly stopped.

But thanks for the words of encouragement, with school out and summer coming I should get my ass back in the gym.

Many thanks once again,

Justin
  #4   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 7th, 2004, 09:10 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Another Vote to Get Back to the Gym

Hey Justin,
I gotta agree with Ottomun6--and with your instinct to get back to the gym. It sounds like you have several guys in your life who would be more than happy to help you and just imagine when you are big and strong enough to be the lifter instead of the liftee (not that there is anything wrong with being lifted, of course!).

Good luck with your training, we can't ever have too many muscle guys walking around out there.
  #5   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 09:58 AM

ottomun6
Hey Justin, I forgot to ask, what are your stats? I know you mentioned that you are "obviously puny" but we don't know what that is.
I bet your buds would really be besides themselves as you continue to get more buffed. I remember a time a friend of mine that always had trouble building muscle showed up at the gym after several years with a couple of inches on his chest and over an inch on his arms. I was almost goofy while spotting him, I couldn't get over the new muscles he had sticking out. I'll always remember him saying how tough it was to pack on muscle.
So, if you show some new muscle, you just might find yourself being picked up all the time Not to mention, the bigger you get, the bigger they are gonna want to get.

Last edited by ottomun6; May 8th, 2004 at 10:02 AM.
  #6   Add to Justin Photo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 11:19 AM

Justin Photo
Thanks Guys

Thanks for the words of encourgement Notbigenuff!

ottomun6,

I'm really quite embarassed about my own stats. Sure I would love to grow muscle, but its hard to commit and find time for.

When I did start working out back in the new year my friends did notice I looked a little bit harder and I had a great set of shoulders. The chest and stomach are obviously the hardest part to develop.

For stats in general:

I'm 5'8, 170, bis have to be 12?

Anywho, I'll keep you guys posted once I start something again!

Justin
  #7   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 11:37 AM

ottomun6
Oh, you shouldn't be embarrased Justin. You are bigger than I thought. I guess I pictured you were about 5'5" and 120 lbs.
But even if you can't spend an hour at the gym, you can always do 3 sets of pushups to build up your chest and arms when you start the day. This will help wake you up AND keep you toned. And later when you do get the time for regular workout, at least you'll have a head start so you will find it easier.
  #8   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 12:06 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Justin, I agree with the push ups. I think the push up has to be one of the best exercises ever invented. It will strengthen your shoulders, pectorals major, arms, back, and then if you put your feet up on a chair & do decline push ups it will get your pectoral minors (the muscles that make your pecs go POP!) Also, crunches, lunges, and jogging are all great exercises. Do those for a month, and you will be ready to take the gym by storm! When you do start at the gym, you only have to go a couple times a week, and you might have a good one at school. If you sign up for a weight training class, you will be forced to work out regularly, you will learn good form/technique and you will learn to make a good schedule, as well as receiving credit & maybe making a friend with a similar goal. Lastly, please don't ever be embarrassed to post your stats, we all started somewhere!

Brent.

PS. You can also use humor to get at things you normally couldn't talk about. Like when a guy talks about you sucking his dick, you could make a witty comment like: "You had better be careful saying things like that, as big as you are getting, even the (straight) guys around here are checking you out!" or something silly like that. If he reacts negatively, just pass it off as a dumb joke or something.
  #9   Add to Justin Photo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 05:11 PM

Justin Photo
Thanks for the Support!

ottomun6 and brent thanks for the support and advice!

I didn't know that doing push ups could make such an impact.
But I like the push up idea as my current summer job will require me to travel often and stay in hotel rooms for most of the days.

I must admit I was overly intimidated by the bench press during my high school years. Just watching the bigger guys scared me off.

As for the university weight room, I only go in there to meet my friend to head for lunch or home. I would love to use it, but I again I'm easily intimidated by the bigger guys. My business partner and friend have encouraged me to work out with them, I feel useless and more of a burden as they are on a whole other level than me.

ottomun6,

hehe no I'm not that puny. I know I am average, but again I can't help but feel small compared to my friends. I joke that I'm going to get surgery one day to make myself taller so I can be at their height...lol

brent,

I'm usually very witty when it comes to remarks like "suck my dick". I repsond by saying "You wish", or "I may suck, but you swallow".hehe, gets them all the time!

Justin!
  #10   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 09:42 PM

ottomun6
Re: Thanks for the Support!

[QUOTE] My business partner and friend have encouraged me to work out with them, I feel useless and more of a burden as they are on a whole other level than me.

Justin,
just so you know, I was very thin when I started lifting with my weight lifter buddy. I was lucky to have him in my life and he was patient enough to strip down the weights when my set came around. I think he was benching 365 vs my "puny" 135 lbs.
I will always be greatful to this powerhouse that I call a friend for helping me through my puny stage.
He eventually went on to bench over 400 lbs, but with his help and encouragement, I eventually managed to bench over 345 lbs.
It sounds like your buddies are willing to do the same with you.
So, don't go down that "useless" and "a burden" road.
  #11   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 10:03 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Friends Who Lift Together Grow Together

Hey Justin,
I agree that you should not go down the "useless" road. Your friends are inviting you to work out with them for a reason, I suspect that it is because they enjoy your company and working out together will give you one more thing in common.

I often think that it would have been nice to have someone "take me under his wing" (or lats as the case may be) when I was starting out. It sure would have saved a lot of time, trial, and error in figuring out what routines worked best for me.

I remember when I first started lifting seeing a guy who was benching 225lbs and at the time I was barely getting just the bar up. It turns out that his 225 was just the warm up and he went on to put even more weight on the bar. I decided then and there that I wanted to be like him and start out with more weight than most guys can lift. And in a fairly short amount of time, which seemed like "forever" then--I became one of those guys. Anyway, I guess my point is don't be intimidated by what other guys do in the gym but try to use it as an inspiration to make gains yourself.

By the way, I have to travel a fair amount for work too. If you have any control over where you stay remember that lot of hotels/motels offer fitness centers these days. I always check ahead to make sure that I stay in one if possible!
  #12   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 11:54 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
I have to agree with ottomun6 & Notbigenuff . We all started with the bar. We all started puny. We all had to get advice from friends. So GET OVER IT!!! let some of your friends take you under their lats, and improve yourself. Once you start to improve, then you can be useful to them. The longer you resist, the longer you will be useless to you friends. So it's like, your duty to work out with them. The push-ups, etc. advice is about building the base. Once you can do about 30 push-ups, well, you will be ready for the bench (ALWAYS with a spotter of course). And once you work with free weights, for God's sake, PLEASE use clamps.
  #13   Add to Justin Photo's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2004, 02:37 AM

Justin Photo
ottomun6, wow, what an awesome story! What are you lifting now?

Notbigenuff, I guess your right. I have friends who are willing to be my partners, but up to this point I have been too chicken to take it.

Also good points about the gyms in the hotel. I should commit time to using them. When I was a teenager I was into competitive swimming but stopped when I got busy with work and school. I would love to take that up again as part of an excerise routine.

brent, well said. I like how your presenting it as "my duty"...lol
I tried push ups this evening and just about died before reaching 9!

But to all of you guys, thanks again for the kind words of encouragement. Because of you guys I took two small steps forward and made some commitments with my super friends.

I went out with my serious bodybuilding friend today, who also happens to be a serious hockey player as well. Hockey is obviously a big thing up here in Canada, while I know how to skate, I have never played on ice...LOL

Anywho, I asked my friend if he could show me the basics. He jokingly tried to scare me off by saying that I needed to bulk up in the gym with him before we hit the ice. To his surprise I took up the offer and set a date two weeks from now, after I return from a conference in Quebec City.

This evening I also went out with my baseball friend. We grabbed a late night burger at the Wendy's drive through (no fries and pop), and met up with some friends afterwards.

While waiting, my friend was getting a little horny and was visually demonstrating what he did to his girlfriend the other night by humping his seat. *rolling eyes* but he has a great ass.

Anywho, once he calmed down I asked how his baseball was going and also asked if he would show me some pointers to improve his game. He was surprised too and jokingly said it would take two years in the gym with him to get me into top physical condition. I laughed, but agreed that I would "shadow" him one of these days in the gym and later hit the baseball field.

Again, thanks for the support guys! You guys are all awesome! I'll try the push up thing again tomorrow, and I know I have a two sets of dumbells hiding around the house.

Justin x
  #14   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2004, 08:16 AM

ottomun6
Thumbs up nice move Justin,

I guess the best thing you can do now is to keep surprising your friends and actually keep working out. Can you imagine the look on their faces when you start showing those subtle muscular changes later down the road? I heard you mention that you were a swimmer. Believe it or not, you have probably pre-programmed your shoulders for for those future workouts. I once trained a bit when I was in Jr. high school. I made good progress on my arms. I later got away from working out, but my arms got all pumped up when I so much as looked at weights .
I don't lift over 315 these days because I'm an old fart, but I plan to stay in good shape anyway.
Before I forget, about your bodybuilder friend who plays hockey,
I'm starting to wonder what is happening out there on the ice.
Suddenly the guys are GIANTS! and are buffed to boot! In my day they were your size. I didn't really notice the change because I don't keep up with hockey. But then a sportcaster mentioned that athletes in general are getting bigger and stronger and over the last 25 years or so, that hockey players had the biggest size increase. They went from 5'9" and 175 to 6' 3" and 230+ !! And I know back then the guys didn't lift weights.
  #15   Add to PSBigJoey's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 26th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Personal Trainer

PSBigJoey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PSBigJoey Send a message via Yahoo to PSBigJoey
Lightbulb Just do it, Justin....

When I first moved to California, I gradually began to realize that I needed to put on some muscle, or I'd be left out of some of the things I really wanted to do, and wanted to hang with the muscle crowd. I was skinny, but with a little pot belly and a big butt. Not nice at all.
I went to a gym in West Hollywood owned by a competitor - he looked like something out of a 60's Hercules movie. He sold me a membership, and filled out a workout card for me to follow. He then started taking measurements. When he go to arms (the last measurement) he flexed his huge peaked bicep at me and said "Go like this". I tried not to stare, and did as he asked. He passed the tape around my left bicep and said "Now tighten it up".
"I am", I said.
"You're kidding?!", he said, then apologised.
They taped 10.5".
I tried working out with very limited success, then quit. By the time I was a good bit older, I was fat and my health was at risk. I finally faced up to the task and started training properly and eating wisely. Now I'm in decent shape with 17.5" cold, and feeling the best I ever have.
If you love muscle so much, Justin, GO GET SOME OF YOUR OWN. You can do it. I know - I did. It's great....and you don't have to wait 25 years to do it, either. Good luck.
  #16   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 26th, 2004, 01:47 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
by all means...

train with your buds!the bigger&stronger one gets,the harder it is to get bigger&stronger.as long as you're sincere&enthusiastic,i think you'll find your friends will be invigorated&proud of your progress.btw,the correct response to"suck my dick"is;"what?no candy,no flowers?JUST SUCK MY DICK?"or,"nyaaah,i give lousy blowjobs".whichever seems appropriate.
  #17   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 26th, 2004, 07:14 PM

ottomun6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSBigJoey
.. He passed the tape around my left bicep and said "Now tighten it up".
"I am", I said.
"You're kidding?!", he said...
Now THAT was funny!
Welcome to our playground PSBigJoey!
It sounds like your advice will be able to help us pack some muscle on some of our comrades here. Great! Bring it on!
  #18   Add to Brahma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Minotaur

Brahma
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSBigJoey
If you love muscle so much, Justin, GO GET SOME OF YOUR OWN. You can do it. I know - I did. It's great....and you don't have to wait 25 years to do it, either. Good luck.
Wise words, indeed. I even had to delurk to say welcome aboard, sir.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options