The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 12:05 AM
LeatherGryphon

Muscle sightings in film, TV or stage

Mae West the sexy, big hipped, blonde inviting men to "Come up and see me sometime". Rocked boats for decades before many of your parents were born. She was ancient when I was a kid so I don't expect many readers here to know of her except through her immortalization as a cartoon characature.

Mae West often surrounded herself with muscle men on stage, on film and in guest shots on TV after it was invented and she could get around the censor. According to Mae: "A man in the house is worth two in the street"

Reg Lewis was one of her favorites in her stable.

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/reglewis.html

http://www.things-and-other-stuff.co...OS/westmae.htm

Last edited by LeatherGryphon; May 8th, 2004 at 12:13 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 06:07 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Many thanks for posting this, LG. I'd almost forgotten "Sextette," which I *rilly* wanted to see but was too afraid to go, basically. (Well, as I recall, it was also a total flop, so maybe it never made it to Pensacola!)

I definitely saw "Don't Make Waves," however. Totally dumbass movie but Dave Draper was totally fucking hot. There's one seen where he reaches down and pulls off his sweatshirt in one movement that gets me hot and bothered to this day.

xoxo

Richard
  #3   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 09:17 AM

wbhunk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wbhunk Send a message via Yahoo to wbhunk
Indeed we know....

LG, Mae West is a classic.....and even whippersnappers like myself know about her AND her penchant for surrounding herself with beautiful, well-built men.

Plus, for those of us who have hips like hers.....LOL.
  #4   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 11:22 AM
LeatherGryphon

Totally off the topic here, but sorry if I talk like an old man. I'm begining to feel like one. I go to the movies and they automatically give me the senior discount. Bummer! I find myself eating roughage because I need to. Pizza is permanently off my diet. I have to take a nap every afternoon. I couldn't do a squat if I had to, my knees would explode.

You whippersnappers take heed. There is a point where the body DOESN'T continually get better. It's just a struggle to maintain.

Oh, and about the knees, watch your squat weight & quality or you'll end up like me.

HOWEVER, of all the men in my family, father, grandfathers, uncles, brothers, cousins, I'm the ONLY one who has controlled my genetic programming and kept from getting fat and can still ride a bicycle 20-30 miles a day and not kill themselves. (I got a complement from a stranger about my muscular legs the other day. Made my day!)

Perhaps someday someone will write in this forum of spotting a buff old geezer with a terrific tan on a bicycle on an isolated stretch of the Florida coast beach road (A1A) 15 miles from the nearest anything.

Last edited by LeatherGryphon; May 8th, 2004 at 11:27 AM.
  #5   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 11:22 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
We all know who Mae West is, and gay men will be using her lines like, "Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!" decades after we are all dead & gone. She was an american classic. Thank you for the links, it looks like she had great taste in boiz...

Dan, I have yet to see a pic of you with big hips. I think you are being hard on yourself. *snicker: I said hard*
  #6   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 8th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
DON'T BE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF

Quote:
Originally posted by LeatherGryphon
You whippersnappers take heed. There is a point where the body DOESN'T continually get better. It's just a struggle to maintain.
LG. It's a struggle for even competitive bodybuilders to maintain what they have -- even if they're 20 years old! Maintaining the discipline necessary to working out is central to bodybuilding and weightlifting. Learning to achieve basic goals within the context of your age and ability is secondary. (I've visited your website frequently enough to know that you have several "quotes" which support this theory.)

Soooooo, here's to you, my friend! Anyone who can complete a visually fascinating CGI story like "The Transformation of Rune," is someone who understands that goals and long-term maintenance can come from the mind as well as the body. Well done!
  #7   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2004, 08:39 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
LG, I think it's important to remind the "whippersnappers" that the age that the body doesn't get better is a whole lot later than some of them may think. I've gotten my best lifts in, shall we say, my later years (i.e. 39-40).

Keep setting that good example--no sense in letting the "kids" have all the fun!
  #8   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2004, 09:34 PM
LeatherGryphon

That's true, I was going strong, way strong for a long time. My best years were actually between 45 and 53. Only in the last couple of years have I really noticed the changes accumulating. Don't worry though I'm not really as broken down as I imply.

My joints ache a bit, my skin's a little wrinkled here and there, my hair is almost totally white now but I've still got most of it. I still have most of my muscle, most of my brain horsepower, and all of my teeth. :-)

However each decade brings recognition of things better left to the young. Now that sixty is closer than 50, I admit that I'm not the athlete I used to be. In bed or out. :-)

But don't anybody think for a moment that I couldn't still teach a whippersnapper a thing or two, in bed or out :-) Like it says at the bottom of my web page:

"I hate it when people tell me to 'behave yourself'. Hell, despite my age, I'm finally gettin' good at bein' bad!"

-- LG --
  #9   Add to buddachewie's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 10th, 2004, 05:45 AM

buddachewie
Send a message via AIM to buddachewie Send a message via Yahoo to buddachewie
but sorry if I talk like an old man. I'm begining to feel like one. I go to the movies and they automatically give me the senior discount.

well, LG... judgeing from the pictures I would give you the senior discount, only because I didn't want to question you on it, since you look as though you would kick my ass

And as for the muscled legs, any way we could see a pic of these fine beauties? Your website has you wearing pants and no biker shorts at all.

Keep up the good work

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options