The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to tallmuscledman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2008, 10:18 AM

tallmuscledman is on a distinguished road
It Is Never Too Late to Start Lifting!

I have a very good internet friend who is now 56 years old. When he was 50, he was 6 foot and 320 lbs of blubber. He finally got sick of it and began running to loose weight. Within two years, he had gone from 320 to 160 lean pounds! Lost half his body weight! Anyway, a friend of his at the same time saw his frame and told him that he should begin lifting weights. So at age 52, my buddy began lifting 4 to 6 times a week.

I had not seen a picture of him in about two years and he has been in town for a few days for a conference. Last night I went to his hotel after I got done with the gym and he got done with a late meeting for us to go have a late dinner. When I got to the hotel I called up to his room, and he said he wasn't ready yet, but to come on up. I got up to the room and the door was partially open so I knocked. I heard him say come in so I entered the room.

My friend was across the room with his back to me. He was in jeans and no shirt yet, bent over getting something out of his suitcase. I could see his back and it was solid thick muscle. High traps, thickly cut lats, and a tiny hard waist. I was amazed, and only going to get even more amazed!

He turned around and when he saw the look on my face, he grinned and said, "You didn't expect me to be this muscular did you?" I shook my head no, and when I did he went into a full front lat spread, staring me in the eye and grinning ear to ear. His chest spread wideand thick, his abs visible slabs of muscle, and his lats spread, spread and spread to the widest lat spread I have EVER seen! I was speechless!

Still grinning, he walked up to me, standing in front and looking up at me. In a hoarse whisper he said, "look at this muscle!" and slowly hit a front double bicep pose. His peaks just exploded upward with a huge thick vein running from his delt, over his peak and into his elbow. His triceps were hanging thick, hard and ripped. "Feel them," he commanded, and I did and those biceps were like steel.

He went on and did a side chest pose and then a most muscular showing incredible muscle shape, mass, and vascularity. Everywhere I touched felt like I was touching marble. He had gone from 320 lbs of fat to 160 lbs of skin and bones to 210 lbs of solid muscle. This 56 year old man now sports a 49 inch chest, 18.5 un-pumped guns, and a 32 inch waist. I am not sure how big his quads or calve were, but they were huge, cut, vascular and solid muscle.

He carries with him on the road a cooler full of healthy food and a set of dumbbells that could go from 25 lbs to 80 lbs. He hefted the dumbbells in his room and repped out in perfect form for me 33 consecutive perfectly executed curls. You should have seen the double bicep pose he hit after those reps! Those arms were massive!

He wrapped those big arms around me and lifted my 6'6 275 lb frame up with NO Problem at all, holding me up off the floor, squatting me, and then just holding me as if I were the weight of a child.

The entire experience was mind boggling and it just goes to show it is NEVER too late to start lifting or you are never in such bad shape that you should not start!

I cannot wait to see what tonight holds when we hit the gym together!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to indygary's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:29 AM

indygary is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to indygary Send a message via Yahoo to indygary
great story!
  #3   Add to strongman2006's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 12th, 2008, 11:59 AM
strongman2006

strongman2006 is on a distinguished road
Wow!

Hey, that's very inspirational! It's these stories that keep me motivated in going to the gym. Thanks for sharing.

5'6", 310 lbs., 54" ch, 21.5" a, 20" neck, 30" quads, 19.5" calves

"I'm NOT a person anymore ... I'm THE HULK!"
-- Prologue to "The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction" video game
  #4   Add to BBMikeNJ's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 12th, 2008, 01:19 PM

BBMikeNJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BBMikeNJ Send a message via Yahoo to BBMikeNJ
Phenomenal story. Love how your buddy is so into his new muscle. Keep us posted.
  #5   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:17 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Update, please?

So............. did you two go work out? Tell us more!!
  #6   Add to tallmuscledman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 19th, 2008, 03:09 PM

Sorry 1bigwoof, I didn't realize that somehow my story got posted twice and that you were writing under this one as well. Yeah we worked out the next night and it was tremendous. Rob, my buddy, and I worked bi's and tri's and got a super pump. He is ridiculously strong and pumped his veins and striations just pop out even more so. WHen he hit a double bicep and I tried to put my hands across the entire peak, I could not enlcose it all. He LOVED that too!
  #7   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2008, 05:36 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Update

Thanks for the update....if a guy with your bod was impressed, I can only imagine what the rest of us would have thought.
  #8   Add to tallmuscledman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2008, 05:50 AM

Thanks buddy. He's just in incredible shape. His entire body is solid big hard muscle. Who can blame him for wanting to show it off?
  #9   Add to caps55us's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:00 AM

caps55us is on a distinguished road
Can never blame a guy for wanting to show off what he's worked for!
  #10   Add to tallmuscledman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2008, 08:40 AM

I agree Caps, and this man is one of the best guys in the world plus he loves to show off. It doesn't matter if he is showing off strength or if he is showing off muscle size and shape, it's amazing. I have truly never met another muscle man like him, and I have been involved in muscle some way or another since I was a very young kid. To watch this man flex is poetry.
  #11   Add to gogothen's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2011, 05:03 PM

gogothen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to gogothen
that sound like a great story
  #12   Add to Brahma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Minotaur

Brahma
Definitely inspiring.