You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2004, 01:43 PM

falseyedee is on a distinguished road
Question out of proportion

by way of introducing myself, i'm falseyedee, i've written some of the stories in the archive and i'm always working on more. i often post over at the muscle growth stories yahoo group.

anyway, i'm really interested in guys who have developed one muscle group out of proportion to the others. guys with too big chests, or too big quads, arms, calves, if they're otherwise fit, are really sexy to me. don't get me wrong, balance and symmetry are beautiful and sexy too. but those disproportionately big muscles really turn my crank.

i'm interested in finding unmorphed pictures of guys like that, with one muscle developed out of proportion to the rest of him. they could be pro's or regular guys, doesn't matter. are there any groups other than the megapecs yahoo group that cater to this, erm, interest?

so, thanks, and hi!

falseyedee
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to myophile's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2004, 02:12 PM

myophile
Send a message via Yahoo to myophile
might want to check out greg valentino (www.greggvalentino.net), brad hollibaugh (www.brad-hollibaugh.com), and klaus doring (http://www.wpse.com/WS_Content/Image...iGalleryUnq=88) these guys all have pretty oversized arms. there was a guy named - ack...can't remember - that had a really over-developed chest. i'll try to find a photo.
  #3   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2004, 02:47 PM

hey, thanks for those links! i had run into gregg valentino before in my surfing, but forgotten his name. he has 27 inch biceps. you know, when we write about 27 inch biceps, is that what we have in mind? he is freaky huge.

klaus doring has similarly freakish arms, but also has pecs like slabs of beef, so, in a weird way, looks a little better [?].

brad holibah is a much more symmetrical bodybuilder, but his arms are pretty big. have you checked out the shots of him in the "blast from the past"? yikes, the guy's been lifting weights and looking bigger than most since he was 13 or 14!

this is all good, thanks!
  #4   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2004, 03:08 PM

hey, thanks for those links! i had run into gregg valentino before in my surfing, but forgotten his name. he has 27 inch biceps. you know, when we write about 27 inch biceps, is that what we have in mind? he is freaky huge.

klaus doring has similarly freakish arms, but also has pecs like slabs of beef, so, in a weird way, looks a little better [?].

brad holibah is a much more symmetrical bodybuilder, but his arms are pretty big. have you checked out the shots of him in the "blast from the past"? yikes, the guy's been lifting weights and looking bigger than most since he was 13 or 14!

this is all good, thanks!
  #5   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2004, 05:44 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Greg Valentino

I used to go to Greg's site when it was at www.bicepmania.net, but that site disappeared. Thank you for the new link. I thought something horrible had happened to him. I'm glad to see he's still going strong. Could you imagine how much fun it would be to have arms that big?
  #6   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2004, 10:24 PM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
You bring up some good points. Is this what authors have in their imaginations when they type out measurements?!
  #7   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2004, 06:34 AM
LeatherGryphon

Interesting pictures. I did glean from the comments on the 3rd page of the Claus Doring pictures site that it's due to injections of liquid into the muscles. Not a particularly smart thing to do but hey, it's his life.

Someone on that site also implied that Valentino also uses injections. That's why only the arms are so huge.

From what I've read before about the process it's a long painful process, expensive, and potentially dangerous. Plus the unnatural size throws the muscle function out of whack.

I have to admit that if that's what they've both used, then Valentino did a better job of it, and Claus went over the top and in some of the photos looks like a balloon, I keep looking for the hold down ropes.

This type of behavior isn't unique. Some people (mostly guys:) inject various liquids into their scrotums to make a single grapefruit size ball between their legs. Some fluids are evenually absorbed others are a permanent disfiguration. Personally, I don't understand, but hey, if they want to be permanent freaks and can afford custom made underwear, it's their life however short it may now be.

We all know the furor raised over a little silicone leaking from womens breast implants. Think of that type of liquid injected directly into the muscle! It just ain't smart. However, I'm continually amazed at the general lack of smarts in this world.

Last edited by LeatherGryphon; May 16th, 2004 at 06:38 AM.
  #8   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2004, 07:19 AM
LeatherGryphon

For a dose of reality:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ronharris8.htm
  #9   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2004, 09:15 AM

valentino and doring, however they did what they did to their bodies are extreme examples of what i'm talking about. frankly, i can't imagine doing that to my body, but if it suits them....

i'm thinking more about those guys who, either because of a sport or physical job, have over developed specific muscles, or those who just do more chest work [or whatever] in the gym. this group i find quite sexy. valentino and doring and their ilk, i find just a bit scarey.

and besides, don't we want our muscle men to be big with muscle? not implants and mystery liquids? that's my preference.
  #10   Add to myophile's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2004, 11:49 AM

myophile
regarding the guy with the big pecs, his name is Tony Diglio. Don't know if he's anywhere to be found these days, but he did have pics up on www.bbpics.com for awhile. I won't post the photos because of copyrights.
  #11   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2004, 11:56 AM
LeatherGryphon

"...don't we want our musclemen to be full of muscle ...?"

Yeah, I'd much rather feel hardness and power than hear it slosh :-) I've never seen the results in person but I can't help but think that it would be like handling a tight bag full of lard

And if these guys are so big and this is all so wonderful for them, why don't we see more photos? Probably because the actual period when they are photographable might be rare. Perhaps a bit too much in one spot that takes a year to absorb back to semi-"normal" Perhaps infections. Here's a good photo of Valentino's arm after surgery to remove an abscess. http://www.geocities.com/gregvalentinofanclub/

At least Valentino's goal of being a freak has been realized. He's found all over the net but still you see the same dozen photos, over and over again. Come on Greg, I want to see your quads blown up too, and the lats, think of what you can do with 6 gallons of oil in your lats. Oh, yeah and what about the glutes. my god you could rival the biggest blubber butt any secretary ever had. And what's with the toothpick forearms? You're a couple of quarts low there too. :-)

When he dies don't cremate him the oven would explode.
  #12   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2004, 01:06 PM
LeatherGryphon

Enough fun.

I've been through all the Greg Valentino sites I can find and grabbed all the photos I can (for my own personal use). I finally found a lot on his site.

Opinion is generally that he's a good guy, but kinda strange and has this obsessive thing about arms but hey, he's got his bit of fame. Go "BicepsMan"!

Now we need a "LatsMan", wings of a bull angel

A "QuadsMan" sorry Tom Platz you'll have to move over for your high grade oil replacement. If it walks like a duck...

An "AbsMan" I wanna see 8 grapefruit under the skin.

Don't forget "ButtMan" hmm..., I'll leave the imagery to you.

I've been complaining that the 3D computer model "The Freak" gets a bit lumpy and unrealistic when you crank up the morph dials. Well guess what, he looks a little like Greg. Go figure!

Last edited by LeatherGryphon; May 16th, 2004 at 01:11 PM.
  #13   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2004, 07:32 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
That Brad Hollibaugh was awesome, and he looks even better with his head shaved . And ohmigod!! 270lbs contest weight and a whoppng 310lbs off season weight at 5'9" 33" quads, 60" chest!!! that dude is a big 'un !!!

But I think Falseyedee was also asking for speedskaters/ sprinters/firemen/policemen etc..
  #14   Report Post  
Old May 16th, 2004, 08:20 PM
LeatherGryphon

Those examples are pretty good. I'm aware of speedskaters thighs but never thought much about other careers that might generate mis-proportiion. Hmm...

What about guitar players? I knew one who had a massive forearm.
  #15   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 17th, 2004, 01:27 PM

ottomun6
Talking muscle jobs

How about Mark McGuire and Jose Canseco, I remember seeing these hulks at the plate and the baseball bat seemed so puny in their hands due to their muscle size. Especially their forearms , wow! they always gave the impression that the ball was about to be hit so hard that it would go "poof" into dust and leave the bat in pieces!! Then a "normal sized gut would get up there, and ho-hum, no excitement.
Other jobs, hmm, how about arm wrestling? or just today's batch of WCW wrestlers?
  #16   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2004, 06:55 PM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
Falseyedee, at the risk of seeming somewhat sarcastic, if you want to find guys with bodyparts out of proportion just check out the local gym. As I think has been mentioned elsewhere, there is no shortage of guys with huge upper bodys and no legs...saw another one today at the gym. He was bench pressing 315 lbs with his massive chest and arms, but when he stood up you had to wonder why his skinny thighs haven't snapped from supporting all that weight...
  #17   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2004, 09:30 AM

it is true that there are a lot of "bar bodies" out there. you can see them in every gym in the country. but that's not the kind of disproportionate development i'm talking about. it's hard to describe, so i really appreciate you guys hanging in there with this.

barring the freakish development from implants and injecting fluids [ick], i'm talking about guys who have selected either consciously or because of a sport or other physical activity to work one muscle group more than all the others.

let me give you an example: i train at a "rock climbing" gym. about half the gym is given over to climbing walls. when i joined i noticed that the guys who were really serious about climbing tended to have really great backs and big fore arms.

another example from history: in roman times, slaves and criminals who were fated to act as oarsmen on the roman ships would, if their captains were cruel or inattentive, develop lop-sided physiques depending on which side of the boat they rowed. for the criminals who had served their sentences, the unsymmetrical muscular development became a "scarlet letter" of sorts.

somebody has already mentioned the speed skaters who generally have disproportionately large thighs. bicyclists often have great legs and calves and lean but otherwise normal upper bodies.

any ideas? images?

thanks!
  #18   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:00 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Question Disproportionate muscle

Falseyedee,

One example that comes to mind is a guy that was featured in Ironman magazine two or three years ago. He was billed as "World's Strongest Man", [Or maybe it was "World's Biggest Arms"??] and he competed in either arm wrestling or feats of strength. He had curly brown hair and was Swedish or Norwegian or some European country. He had torn or injured one of his biceps a while back, and it never came back to the same size as the other. In the pictorial, they showed his right side most of the time, since the biceps and triceps were HUGE. The left side, when seen alongside the right, was noticably smaller.

Is this what you were looking for? Does anyone remember this guy's name?

Mdlftr
  #19   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2004, 02:39 PM
LeatherGryphon

Ballet dancers. Legs & calves. 'Nuff said.
  #20   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:46 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
blast/past?

there used to be a Swedish bodybuilder,Gunnar Rosbo(?)got as far as the Mr.Universe.AMAZING forearms&everything else.he developed a nerve condition that caused one side of his body to stop responding to training.a shame.he was being heavily promoted by Weider up'til then. on a lighter note,tennis players often have one forearm bigger than the other.i have a good friend who does landscaping.big traps&forearms from yankin'stuff out of the ground.
  #21   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2004, 07:34 PM

Notbigenuff
Okay, how about swimmers? It seems the good ones have extremely broad shoulders but are not overly muscular otherwise--or is that my imagination?

Can't think of to many other sports that are so body specific in terms of training, crew perhaps?
  #22   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Quote:
Originally Posted by myophile
there was a guy named - ack...can't remember - that had a really over-developed chest. i'll try to find a photo.
Are you referring to Art Atwood? His pecs are big, but I wouldn't necessarily consider them overscaled for his body and muscularity. He's got pretty good symmetry -- all things considered.

Last edited by ARCHEON; May 19th, 2004 at 10:49 PM.
  #23   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2004, 06:40 AM

ottomun6
Talking

Ya know, I do seem to remember swimmers being rather wide through the shoulders.
And I remember a guy that did landscaping that had some thick traps and lats too. He never worked out, but I bet he would have dwarfed me easily if he did.

Last edited by ottomun6; May 20th, 2004 at 06:45 AM.
  #24   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2004, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherGryphon
Interesting pictures. I did glean from the comments on the 3rd page of the Claus Doring pictures site that it's due to injections of liquid into the muscles. Not a particularly smart thing to do but hey, it's his life.

Someone on that site also implied that Valentino also uses injections. That's why only the arms are so huge.

From what I've read before about the process it's a long painful process, expensive, and potentially dangerous.
However, I'm continually amazed at the general lack of smarts in this world.
I remember once reading at another site that Valentino had blown up a bicep injecting his arm with something called Synthol. Now very healthy.
  #25   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2004, 09:18 AM

i appreciate the suggestions you guys are providing. it's great stuff. yesterday i was waiting in the car outside my s.o.'s office and a guy peddling one of those peddi-cabs [like a bicycle rickshaw] passed by. kind of long and lanky, but with big quads and calves [shaved!] like diamond shaped melons! you have to have legs of iron and stamina to match to operate a peddi-cab in san francisco. those hills!
  #26   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Quote:
Originally Posted by falseyedee
you have to have legs of iron and stamina to match to operate a peddi-cab in san francisco. those hills!
Was just up in SF on a professional conference last month. Went out to dinner one night and took the cable car back to the hotel. You should have seen the ARMS on the cable car operator! Talk about strong arms to operate one of those things -- he was putting his entire body into working that incredible machine.
  #27   Add to polomuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2004, 05:58 PM

polomuscle
Send a message via AIM to polomuscle
triplets of belleville

have to ask if you have seen this movie, THE TRIPLETS OF BELLEVILLE.
You can see a cyclist's massively overdeveloped legs. It's sort of erotic and funny. It's all a cartoon.
PD.
  #28   Add to polomuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2004, 06:06 PM

polomuscle
Send a message via AIM to polomuscle
site for TRIPLETS

go to
http://www.sonyclassics.com/triplets/#
and click on "galleries"
and look at the pics of the cyclists with massive thighs and calves.
  #29   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2004, 07:45 PM

that's exactly what i'm talking about! woot! if only those guys were real....

that's movie is on the top of my "must buy" list of dvd's. it was before, but now even more.
  #30   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 20th, 2004, 08:12 PM

Notbigenuff
Talking Now I Get It!

Thanks Falseyedee, now that I know exactly what you are talking about it should be easier to find examples...and if not, at least it will be fun looking!
  #31   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:34 AM

I love all the details they put into drawing the cyclist's legs. It sort of makes me wonder if we have a closeted member in their artistic staff?
  #32   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 21st, 2004, 04:43 AM

ottomun6
Brent, I'm puttin my money on MORE than one
  #33   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 21st, 2004, 09:32 AM

it is fun to look for guys like that...animated or real...real....mmmm.

anyway, another example: the character of nick from the nick's big pec's series of stories. i don't think they're in the archive [correct me if i'm wrong]. they were the first muscle fiction i read and i've never forgotten the images they conjured in my mind.
  #34   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 21st, 2004, 10:06 PM

Notbigenuff
Can't Believe I Forgot!

Here's perhaps another example of an animated character with out of proportion muscles--Johnny Bravo of Cartoon Network fame.

Only an animated character could actually stand upright with a build like his...
  #35   Add to myophile's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 24th, 2004, 05:19 PM

myophile
btw, i went to a college world series game on monday and remembered another type of athlete with over-developed muscles... baseball catchers! S. Carolina's Landon Powell had some pretty impressive legs.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/...a/pic08-lg.jpg

http://www.boysofbaseball.com/photos/r_k.jpg
  #36   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2004, 10:25 AM

ottomun6
Baseball catchers and big legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by myophile
btw, i went to a college world series game on monday and remembered another type of athlete with over-developed muscles... baseball catchers! S. Carolina's Landon Powell had some pretty impressive legs.
YES!, YES!, YES!
I was wondering if it was my imagination about the baseball catchers having beefy lower bodies!! Good to see someone else has noticed this. It made me wonder if it happens that the guys have big thighs in the first place, or maybe they build up the legs to prepare for jumping up from a squat position?
  #37   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:32 PM

Shawn Crawford's Pecs

if you all have been watching the olympic coverage, you may have noticed an american sprinter named shawn crawford. he's full of attitude...with the talent to back it up.

but, what i noticed was the size of his chest. his official stats are 5'-11" and 165. but he's got the biggest chest i've seen of any of the other sprinters. in his skin tight shirt, his pecs are a truly majestic sight. i've done a quick internet search and cannot find any pix of him shirtless, but i surely would like to see some.

but he certainly qualifies, i think, as a person with a disproportionately developed body part [chest]. woof!
  #38   Add to garrix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2004, 01:58 AM

garrix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to garrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherGryphon

What about guitar players? I knew one who had a massive forearm.
I play piano a lot and people tell me my forearms look pretty big. I dont notice it anymore, but i guess they're sorta "disproportionate"

But if you want a good forearm excersize try double octaves up and down on a keyboard, then broken octaves, then pleanty of rapid tremolos. It'll get you sore.... trust me.
  #39   Add to garrix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2004, 02:01 AM

garrix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to garrix
Im also quite good at that "mercy" game... havnt lost yet... and i've played with guys pleanty bigger than me. Its all about the strong rists.......again, result of tons of piano.
  #40   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2004, 04:44 AM

ottomun6
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrix
I play piano a lot and people tell me my forearms look pretty big. I dont notice it anymore, but i guess they're sorta "disproportionate"
Hmm, now I'm wondering what your forearms look like. Let me ask that timeless old question: "got any pics?"

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options