General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #41   Add to PAWrestlerDude's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2004, 07:43 AM

PAWrestlerDude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PAWrestlerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrix
I play piano a lot and people tell me my forearms look pretty big. I dont notice it anymore, but i guess they're sorta "disproportionate"

But if you want a good forearm excersize try double octaves up and down on a keyboard, then broken octaves, then pleanty of rapid tremolos. It'll get you sore.... trust me.
I play the skin flute a lot. Now I wonder if my jaw and neck muscles are disproportionate like your forearms are.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #42   Add to optimusx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2004, 07:56 AM

optimusx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrix
I play piano a lot and people tell me my forearms look pretty big. I dont notice it anymore, but i guess they're sorta "disproportionate"

But if you want a good forearm excersize try double octaves up and down on a keyboard, then broken octaves, then pleanty of rapid tremolos. It'll get you sore.... trust me.
So that explains my forearms being just slightly smaller than my upper arms.

Also, if you want a *good* forearm burner, try playing with a band that plays traditional southern black gospel (read large pounding chords and running up and down that board). I did that one night for nearly 1.5 hours and I don't know what hurt worse, my forarms or the tips of my fingers...

Scott
  #43   Add to paarke's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2004, 02:43 PM

paarke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to paarke
I got asked to play the organ at a relatives wedding a couple of years ago. This thing had a tracker action which probably hadn't been touched for years, talk about heavy. They couldn't have some nice simple music though, it had to be Widors toccata. I swear I've never done anything in the gym that has made my forearms ache like that. If you play the C minor prelude from the first book of the well tempered clavier nice and fast thats good for getting the forearms aching too. I love this board, we're all so damn butch!
  #44   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2004, 03:05 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
Typing

Back in college, when I was taking typing class after a workout, I could feel my forearms exploding. It was great, and noticeable that a couple guys noticed they got a pump during class. I don't get that with my casual rate I type at these days, only under the extreme stress of 3 hours of competitive drills...
  #45   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 27th, 2004, 05:38 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
sister!

try rolling hair up in curlers for 8 hrs.a day!(or so i've heard)
  #46   Add to garrix's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 28th, 2004, 02:51 AM

garrix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to garrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by paarke
I got asked to play the organ at a relatives wedding a couple of years ago. This thing had a tracker action which probably hadn't been touched for years, talk about heavy. They couldn't have some nice simple music though, it had to be Widors toccata. I swear I've never done anything in the gym that has made my forearms ache like that. If you play the C minor prelude from the first book of the well tempered clavier nice and fast thats good for getting the forearms aching too. I love this board, we're all so damn butch!

i really like that Toccata. Its fun to listen to, but it sound like a bitch to play.

I just finished the C minor Prelude, actually, funny of you to mention that. Im working on the c minor fugue now too. You know, get the two of 'em, make a nice pair. But its soooo sloooooooooow to get good at. tons of practice. ugg.
  #47   Add to paarke's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 28th, 2004, 03:37 PM

paarke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to paarke
Its a great feeling when you finally get your fingers around a fugue. Worth the effort. They send me cross eyed trying to sight read the score if they have more than 3 parts though. I'm sure thats why I went short sighted! lol We should market this as a workout programme, there'll be thousands of guys walking around with massive forearms. Are you going to try your luck with the C# major next? I used to try and get away with dropping it the semitone to make it easier but I never got away with it.
  #48   Add to falseyedee's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2005, 02:37 PM

falseyedee is on a distinguished road
real live disproportionate muscle

sunday was "pride" in san francisco. with almost a million people coming in to either be in or watch the parade, there is guaranteed eye candy galore.

most of the hunks were watching, but one convertable in the parade went by with two big muscular guys wearing nothing but lycra, box cut shorts and a smile. one was a young, milk chocolate colored black guy with a real body builder's physique, complete with the sway back that comes from building up both your chest and your glutes. he was by far the bigger of the two and with the most proportionate build. though it was clear he was neglecting his back and the back of his shoulders: his shoulders were pulled forward by his pec development when he was relaxed. it made him look like his back was rounded. i've seen this alot in lifters and bodybuilders who concentrate only on the muscles you can see when you face the mirror. his pecs were very nice though.

but, the other guy, shaved headed and pasty white, had the kind of disproportionate build that i find so sexy. he had a long torso, nice abs and a nice, not huge, chest. but his shoulders and arms WERE huge. they were big way out of proprtion to the rest of his body. it really looked like he had put on somebody else's arms and shoulders. you could see from a distance how out of scale they were to the rest of his body. and when the car went by where we were watching, his physique looked wrong in such a sexy way. a lot of guys who spend lots of energy on their biceps forget to train their triceps and deltoids. this guy had put as much effort into those muscles as he had into his biceps. it was paying off in a really nice way. it was really hot!
  #49   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 27th, 2005, 05:31 PM

newmus is on a distinguished road
this thread reminded of a bus ride i had one evening when my car was dead. i had gotten on a packed bus (p.m. rush hour), went to the back sat down a lo and behold the most muscular pair of calves were sitting a few seats in front of me. i mean they were HEEEUUUGGGEEE! they litteraly looked like they belonged on a 6'-0" tall 260 lb bodybuilder, but in stead they were attached to some 6'-1" 195 lb fitness guy, who quite obviously was a avid cyclist.
  #50   Add to jackspratt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2005, 03:13 PM

jackspratt is on a distinguished road
Someone mentioned Tony Diglio in this thread. He goes to my gym in Rockland County, NY. He's a really nice guy. He is quite a bit smaller now. He seems to be very busy with work and does not have the time to work out like he used to. I also figure the supplement usage is way down also.
  #51   Add to Jockmorphr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 28th, 2005, 07:51 PM

Jockmorphr
Send a message via Yahoo to Jockmorphr
Cycler's calves

I agree with newmus (and the others who mentioned this phenomenon) the disproportionately large thighs and/or calves on avid cyclists have always been a major eye-catcher (and turn-on) for me.

Recently I was walking down Union St. in San Francisco when I passed a nice-looking young blonde guy walking with his mother. He was obviously athletic with a muscular swimmers build, but what totally blew me away was his calf development. They were literally enormous. Melon-like. I couldn't stop myself from staring as he walked past me. I even faked an errand further up the street so I could follow him for a bit. I was just amazed at these huge bulked-up muscles on an otherwise "merely" toned dude.

What is it about these obvious over-developments that gets our attention vs. a nicely and evenly-developed physique?

Guys, please keep sharing these sightings!
  #52   Add to JMH02003's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2005, 03:00 PM

JMH02003
I remember one day I was switching through the channels and saw MADtv. They were doing a MTV Spring break parody, and one of the guys they had was oddly built.

I can't say that he had "overdeveloped" anything, but he had good sized pecs and really cut abs, and fairly good biceps/shoulders. But he had absolutely NO LATS. It was quite strange looking.
  #53   Add to BBMikeNJ's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2005, 09:03 AM

BBMikeNJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BBMikeNJ Send a message via Yahoo to BBMikeNJ
I lifted at a gym for about a year where this guy would come in and workout only his arms. I would see him whenever I worked out at lunchtime, and he was always there, and spent most of his time doing preacher curls. He was a blue collar kinda guy, solid average build everywhere else, and always dressed in his dickey brand pants and short-sleeved work shirt. His arms were huge. Not ripped up like a bodybuilder's, but totally bulked up with pure size. Completely out of proportion with the rest of his body. His demeanor was a little off-putting, he kept to himself, and looked like he might have spent some time in prison, or in a mental hospital, so I usually kept my distance, but one day I was lifting near him and just had to say something. His arms were totally pumped from about an hour of preachers...the skin was stretched tight and reddened. the sleeves of his workshirt were bunched up in that space between the biceps and the delt. I said to him, 'man, your arms are getting huge.' He looked at me sort of dully at first, but then smiled proudly, and raised one big arm up into a flex. He looked at the biceps as if it were his child, then said "I've been working them seven days a week for years now." He patted his big arm with his other hand. It sounded like he was patting marble. Then he turned back to the preacher bench, and started another set.
  #54   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 9th, 2005, 09:07 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Had to bring this back...

...Having dinner with my buddy yesterday;&a sidewalk seat.Kid walks by.Young,about24/25.Not tall,about5'6".Lean,tight upper body,not big;kinda like a bike messenger.He may have been a bike messenger(hauling BRICKS!)because his thighs were HUMONGOUS!PRO BODYBUILDER RIPPED!!!He knew it,too:'cuz the legs were tan,shaved&in itty-bitty lycra shorts!yikes!
  #55   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2005, 02:45 AM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Downhill Skiers....

I can remember watching the Winter Olympics one year, and the event was Downhill Skiing (Or ?). In any case, there was this one competitior that had the LARGEST QUADS I had ever seen@!! At the end of the downhill run he stood straight up, and it was like he had two huge melons shoved in his ski suit! When he walked they actually wobbled.

I would think his thighs/quads were developed from years of skiing/practicing in a "squat" position and more than likely years of squatting in the gym so his legs could act as "shock absorbers" more efficiently. Just a guess, but who cares! HUBBA HUBBA what thighs!
  #56   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Minotaur is on a distinguished road
Eric Heiden? http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/00014225.htmlSpeed skater. If this is who you are thinking of, the size and definition of his quads blew me away long before I ever picked up a weight.

Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this gay thing yet, have you?

Blanche: There must be homosexuals who date women.

Sophia: Yeah, they're called lesbians.
  #57   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2006, 10:38 PM

newmus is on a distinguished road
a couple of months ago i was in the gym and this guy in his 30's is there working out his delts. he was fairly muscular, nice arms nice chest nice back but he had the shoulders of ronnie coleman!! o.k. i'm exaggerating but they were enourmous! you just couldn't take your eyes off of them.
  #58   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:13 AM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur
Eric Heiden? http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/00014225.htmlSpeed skater. If this is who you are thinking of, the size and definition of his quads blew me away long before I ever picked up a weight.
Yeah, he got me all hot and bothered way back when. I remember just tuning in to see his huge legs in those tights
  #59   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 14th, 2006, 01:35 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Well, hmm... Out of proportion eh. I would have to say my best bud (won't say his real name) Jake.

Jake was always a swimmer about 5 foot 8 now, in fact he won the state champion ship few years ago. He's always had the swimmer's build (has size, but is more definition) and yet his arms must have been at least 18 (un-pumped) inches in high school, the fortunate thing is, he never ever, EVER worked out on his arms. It was kinda weird and hot at the same time, this muscled yet slightly skinner swimmer with arms that could move all the water in the pool.

On a side note: No I was not a swimmer as well, in fact I'm... nevermind, too scared to say it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options