You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Poor Horatio's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2008, 02:56 AM

Poor Horatio is on a distinguished road
Proofreading Stories

I offer this post with the deepest and sincerest thanks to all the amazing authors on this site. Your collected works bring me great joy and pleasure. I am the product of an excessively strict educational experience; as such, issues of spelling, grammar and punctuation are for me irresistible distractions. One tiny example would be biceps. The singular for biceps is biceps. There is no such word as bicep. See? Excessive. Never the less, I find myself proofreading and editing works to achieve the suspension of disbelief required of the immersed reader. When authors ask for comments would it be appropriate to offer a private reply of text corrections or is that just taking things too far? Authors, please let me know your thoughts and consider perhaps including your personal preferences in your requests for comments. I hope this post is received with the respect I intend.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to niko777's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2008, 03:34 AM

niko777 is on a distinguished road
I absolutely understand you, since I am a bit "excessive" too... when it comes to french. I'm not good enough in english yet to be able to correct other people's texts. I think it would be all right to offer a private reply of text corrections as long as it is not written too rudely (ex: that sentence was really shitty because...). I don't know about the others, but I think that understanding my mistakes could help me get better. This post was received with the respect you intended.
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2008, 03:55 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
I think it's a hopeless cause, to tell you the truth.

I'm glad that people write, period. Having said that, I've long since learned that some people's stuff I just can't read because of spelling, punctuation, grammar, text block density, and, on occasion, overuse of dialogue quirks that just ruin it for me. (And my educational upbringing was far from strict, I'm just an avid reader!)

The writers who write a LOT tend to improve with time.

For what it's worth...

Richard
  #4   Add to Poor Horatio's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2008, 07:02 AM

Thank you niko777 and Richard. I realize my main concern is the decorum of using private messages to offer criticism. Your responses have helped me resolve this concern. I am appreciative.
  #5   Add to Poor Horatio's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2008, 07:02 AM

Thank you niko777 and Richard. I realize my main concern is the decorum of using private messages to offer criticism. Your responses have helped me resolve this concern. I am appreciative.
  #6   Add to Poor Horatio's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2008, 07:05 AM

And again with the double posting. I will try hard to find the cause of this problem; I am sorry.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options