The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Garfield11's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:39 PM

Garfield11 is on a distinguished road
Newbie question

I am very much into muscle growth, especially rapid muscle gain but I've looked at one or two steroid sites and in most cases the gains don't seem all that impressive considering the hype and popular perception of steroid use. I tried to ask about how rapid can people gain muscle and what will it cost them in terms or side effects (I'm talking broad possibilities obviously!). Unfortunatley when I asked some twat kept dragging the thread off subject. The social taboo is soo great that I'm aware that my friends and family are'nt going to react to well if I did start a cycle but would it really be worth it? I'm not about to start but I just want to find out if the gains to side effects ratio is seen as worth it and if so just how much have you guys but on in what timespan?

Steve from London.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:13 PM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
ok first thing is you have to learn how to use , what to use and how much. More isnt always better even though the younger bbers seen to think this is true. i have found that good controled doses do a very effective job more so than monster doses that swell you up and when they are done they deflate like a thanksgiving day hot air balloon. I prefer to grow stead and keey my gains. if done right you can add 25lbs in 10 -12 weeks with little body fat increase. if you want more details let me know.
  #3   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2009, 07:52 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post

And in reality, no growth is sudden or fast. There are only a few guys in the world I've ever seen who have had very fast growth. They're few and far between.

For most of us, it's a very long road with small improvements that take a long long time.
*cough* Like that kid on bb.com who gained 100 pounds in 4 months ?? But that was a freak growth spurt coupled with a bulk. I've heard you're supposed to wait until your late twenties and at least 5 years working consistently before even thinking about them. Otherwise, you risk screwing with your growth and the steroids can't be used to their full potential.
  #4   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2009, 07:21 AM

well if you believe some kid added 100lbs in 4-5 months i have a nice bridge to sell you. men dont finish growung till early 20's woment later teens. that is determined by the spinal columium and when its compleltly harden. ( simular to rings on a tree). I feel that you need to have a few good years lifting before you consider doing anything. Guys who start lifting and 3-6 monts later want to use are fools.
  #5   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2009, 07:23 AM

[quote=BIGJOEY;94525]well if you believe some kid added 100lbs in 4-5 months i have a nice bridge to sell you. men dont finish growung till early 20's women in their later teens. That is determined by the spinal columium and when its compleltly harden. ( simular to rings on a tree). I feel that you need to have a few good years lifting before you consider doing anything. Guys who start lifting and 3-6 monts later want to use are fools. I dont think anybody should be using who hasen't been lifting at least 3 years mimimum.
  #6   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Writer and Lifter

xythan_shadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xythan_shadow Send a message via Yahoo to xythan_shadow
I agree with joey. Steroids should be the last thing on the list instead of the first. Until you've been lifting heavy, hard and constantly, you won't know what your body can really do. It shouldn't be until you've been stuck on a plateau for months even after switching routines, exercises and methods should one consider steroids.

I'm not saying that they're bad, it's just that a lot of people have the assumption that if you take a cycle, you suddenly become Ronnie Coleman and that's the wrong way to look at it.
  #7   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM

Kid had a growth spurt. It was an example, a lot of people want growth like that, and the only time it happens is if you luck out and have a huge PUBERTAL growth spurt. Otherwise, I've heard that the most you can expect is about 1-2 pounds a week, and that since growth in general comes in spurts(anecdotal), you shouldn't expect a linear pound-gainage.
  #8   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:24 PM

the most amount of lean muscle you can add to your body naturally in one year is 15lbs and thats if everything is perfect. most do about 10 naturally over a 52 week year, the process is slow but go to the store and look at 10lbs of beef ( lean) and u will get the idea. remember i said naturally.
  #9   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2009, 07:14 AM

Not exactly true; beginner's get a boost. Beginning teenagers even more so. 15 pounds if you're just starting out and under 20 years old would be kinda middle-of-the-road/low.
  #10   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2009, 07:13 PM

if you noticed i said lean muscle not body weight. there is a difference. for most who lift naturally most can at the max gain 15lbs of lean muscle in a year.. dont confuse body weight with lean muscle.
  #11   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 17th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Writer and Lifter

xythan_shadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xythan_shadow Send a message via Yahoo to xythan_shadow
We should probably note that there's a difference between hardgainers and easygainers. The majority of people are hardgainers, whether we like it or not. There are a very small amount of people that are easy gainers. You know, the guy that seems to just look at weights and he grows while you're eating everything in sight but can barely gain a pound.

If I had to say, I would put about half of the pro bodybuilders into the easy gainer cat. Yes, they work really hard for what they have, but because they have the genetic capability, they reach sizes that us normal people couldn't reach with the exact same resources. So, again I agree with BigJoey with the cavet that there are a very rare, and lucky, few that can grow like a weed. Also, I think, and I will be doing some internet research later to confirm my thoughts, one might be able to gain more than 15 lbs during certain teen years where they are getting an influx of test.

I'm going to look up and see if anyone's actually done a case study on that because it is hard to tell if someone 15-21 is growing because of their body chemistry or if they're an easy gainer.

Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options