The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Gymini29's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2008, 07:53 AM

Gymini29 is on a distinguished road
craig titus update: pleads guilty in murder trial

this just in: on the abc news website:

Craig Titus and wife plead guilty to murder

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/wireStory?id=4970413

gymini29
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2008, 08:24 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Wait for it....

THE STEROIDs-cause-every-bad-thing-under-the-sun-even-though-premeditated-murder-and-covering-it-up-makes-the-past-steroid-usage-irrelevant!

Constantly harping on a supposed "causal link" between steroid use and anything else (other than muscle growth and zits) is like those websites that breathlessly disclose that "all serial killers have the middle name WAYNE!" [e.g., John WAYNE Gacy, etc. etc. ]

Another example of a couple of undereducated, fast living, hypesters who got caught up in a situation, murdered someone, and did a stupid job of covering it up. The notoriety of the couple (a la Bonnie and Clyde) only hypes the story for media outlets.

Mdlftr
  #3   Add to dallasmsl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2008, 08:35 AM

dallasmsl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dallasmsl
Steroid causation

I'm hoping that because they pleaded guilty and knowingly avoided the media circus that would have erupted as a result of it, that the causation will quietly go away.

A boy can dream.
  #4   Add to Jace's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:33 AM

Jace is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Jace
Unhappy Wtf?

I didn't even know this was going on! How truly sad.
  #5   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2008, 02:54 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
I'm sure somebody will eventually come up with a reason why two grown up human beings decided to commit murder. Maybe a borderline personality mixed with drugs or something? But to hear this right after I just heard the news about the Hulk Hogan family and their lack of feeling for the crash victim (a "best friend") is really disturbing. It seems like somebody pulled the soul out of these people and replaced it with plastic.
  #6   Add to Gymini29's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 07:31 AM

Gymini29 is on a distinguished road
stating the obvious: we tend to idolize bodybuilders. "gee, they have such perfect bodys.... their entire life must be equally as perfect". Well, lets not forget that that is not true.
or else Paul De Mayo wouldnt have died from a heroin overdose,
and yes, even though it wont be popular saying this here, Brett Mycles, Scott Klein, and others wouldn't have died from complications due to Steroid abuse.
  #7   Add to calhoun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:11 AM

calhoun is on a distinguished road
I agree with you completely, Gymini. Fairly often, when posting in reaction to a picture of a hunky muscle guy, people make inane comments along the lines of "he seems like a really sweet guy," whereas in reality there is no way to know this from a picture. Bodybuilders are people, just like all of us, and some are good people, some are bad people....and some even commit murder.
  #8   Add to mango's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:54 PM

mango is an unknown quantity at this point
I did steroids for three years over 15 years ago. People who say it doesn't effect your mental state don't have a clue. Gays take them to be big and desirable and they work. But you get hooked on the emotional strength they give you during a cycle. And I've never been so crazy angry as a couple of times when I was going off cycle. There are different drugs with different effects. Anadrol did a number on me. I got huge, and I also got nose bleeds and a swollen spleen. Guys who say they don't effect the mind either have never tried them, or weren't like too many other guys, or maybe they have a habit of ignoring the obvious, which is all too human.
  #9   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:49 AM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
A rebuttal......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango View Post
I did steroids for three years over 15 years ago. People who say it doesn't effect your mental state don't have a clue. Gays take them to be big and desirable and they work. But you get hooked on the emotional strength they give you during a cycle. And I've never been so crazy angry as a couple of times when I was going off cycle. There are different drugs with different effects. Anadrol did a number on me. I got huge, and I also got nose bleeds and a swollen spleen. Guys who say they don't effect the mind either have never tried them, or weren't like too many other guys, or maybe they have a habit of ignoring the obvious, which is all too human.
Again, steroids are not "THE GREAT EVIL"! Steroids do have beneficial medical uses, and yes, if they are taken either under a doctor's supervision or with adequate and THOROUGH knowledge of what you are doing then they can also be beneficial for muscle gains. And as far as affecting one's mental state, well, you will get bigger and with that you will feel more self assured as you will feel better about yourself. HOWEVER, if you just happen to be mal-adjusted, demented or a closet asshole to begin with, steroids will just amplify that! Everyone is different. And not only GAYS take them, you know. I had heard of an 11 year old kid taking steroids so he can be big like his wrestling stars...and even women take them. So, it runs the entire spectrum....gay, straight, young, old, smart, dumb, etc etc etc...

The one thing wrong with steroids is the huge amount of dis-information out there, generalizations, heresay and of course the abuse by those persons that don't know what they are about, don't get themselves checked, and kids that take them for all the wrong reasons and don't think they have to train to gain those muscles..... "a little shot will do it".... NOT

And yes, I have used and have NEVER had a problem with them, and that includes murder...

D
  #10   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 5th, 2008, 11:49 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
Titus

Craig Titus has always been an asshole with a hair trigger temper. He's also always been into "recreational" drugs. A combination like that is bound to end-up with someone dead sooner or later. Steroids had nothing to do with it. Anyone who looks at the pictures of him when he was arrested can tell he hadn't been on juice for a long time.

The sad part is, he destroyed two women's lives with his assholery.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options