The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to stiffreed's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM

stiffreed is on a distinguished road
Slim down?

So I have been a lurker here for a good while and Ive decided to get more invovled.

I have been lifting for a good few years since I left high school (Im out of college now). I was basically the fat kid. Im also a 6'0 Asian who is terrible at math who is actually pretty good in English (I think I just destroyed the Asian stereotype with that one). I played sports as a kid (soccer, B-ball, Tae Kwon Do) but high school I didnt do much. After that, I decided to get in shape and started learning. Men's Health, Men's Fitness, Muscle and Fitness, and Fitness RX for Men. I've learned alot, but I'm not getting the results I am looking for.

I've made some pretty good gains in these last few years. Ive gotten stronger and Im bigger. Most people dont realize I weigh as much as I do when they ask, which I think is due to the fact that most of my bulk is muscle (I weigh 260, but most people think I weigh around 230). What I am having a problem with is I can get as cut as I want to be and I know its my nutritional knowledge I am lacking. I have done alot of different Diet strategies (diet meaning eating habits, not fads like the grapefruit diet) but to no avail. I admit that I did try the Atkins Diet when it first came to the spotlight and that was the only time I lost a significant amount of weight. I gained it back after I stopped that.

I drink lots and lots of water, eat about 4-5 meals a day, and I ususally stay away from starchy foods (I can't get rid of all of it, I eat white rice and noodles on occasion, sue me ). Most of it is protein, whole grain foods (I even tried Quinoa, weird stuff, but not bad), and fiber/green veggies. Protein shakes after workouts, vitamin supplements, and mostly no refined sugars (I've been known to splurge on Reese Pieces). Still, I can't get cut as I want.

Any advice would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:04 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
You have to up the intensity of your exercise, do more ab work on off days, and add some cardio. Eat a decent breakfast, it will get your metabolism going, also many small meals throughout the day are better than 3 large meals. Try not to eat anything within 2hours of bedtime--go to bed on an empty stomach---no late night snacks. Stay away from fruit juices--most of them are all high fructose corn syrup.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options