The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to jerseyflex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:06 AM

jerseyflex is on a distinguished road
Couldnt believe my eyes

Sometimes I wonder if someone isnt looking out for me. I mean afterall, Im a good person that helps others whenever given the opportunity, so I cant help but feel im the recipient of good karma every now and then. So.........

Im at the beach this weekend and sitting off to the side of a snack bar. from my perch i had a great view of folks lining up to order.

there is this super ripped unbelievably muscular little guy who was unbelievably obnoxiously cocky running his mouth. irritating really. but, while small, the body was kickin. like a muscle anatomy chart. i think he was a high school or collegiate wrestler. he had that wrestler look. but man what an ass. well something happens to cause a delay and he starts mouthing off to the staff.

so people start bailing out of the line and suddenly these two behemoths are now behind him. these two were obviously competitors. gorgeous. at least 250+. the one guy is more than a foot taller than little loud mouth. the top of the little guys head was the bottom of his pec.

little guy doesnt realize they are there yet and the behemoths are laughing at him - musing at what a fool he is. so the larger of the two looks at his buddy, whispers something they laugh and with a cocky grin he takes his forearms, puts them under the little guys armpits then places his two hands on the back of the little guys head and lifts him up off the ground, turns and puts him back down out of line. little guy turns around as if ready to fight then realizes how grossly over matched he would be as the big guy leaned forward making sure his massive pecs were prominently in the face of the little guy. best part: big guy then takes his hand and gently taps the little guys cheek a couple of times and says "me thinks little man needs to take a time out"

SHEER ABSOLUTE DOMINATION AND HUMILIATION. I couldnt dream this stuff up.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:11 AM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
I love how someone can be "unbelievably muscular" and "little" at the same time. :/ Short guys can't catch a break... And is it just me, or is mg.org turning into the "Domination and Humilation Station"? I'm all for muscle and size and whatnot, but since when was pushing people around "just cuz you can" something to get off on?
  #3   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyflex View Post
Sometimes I wonder if someone isnt looking out for me. I mean afterall, Im a good person that helps others whenever given the opportunity, so I cant help but feel im the recipient of good karma every now and then. So.........

Im at the beach this weekend and sitting off to the side of a snack bar. from my perch i had a great view of folks lining up to order.

there is this super ripped unbelievably muscular little guy who was unbelievably obnoxiously cocky running his mouth. irritating really. but, while small, the body was kickin. like a muscle anatomy chart. i think he was a high school or collegiate wrestler. he had that wrestler look. but man what an ass. well something happens to cause a delay and he starts mouthing off to the staff.

so people start bailing out of the line and suddenly these two behemoths are now behind him. these two were obviously competitors. gorgeous. at least 250+. the one guy is more than a foot taller than little loud mouth. the top of the little guys head was the bottom of his pec.

little guy doesnt realize they are there yet and the behemoths are laughing at him - musing at what a fool he is. so the larger of the two looks at his buddy, whispers something they laugh and with a cocky grin he takes his forearms, puts them under the little guys armpits then places his two hands on the back of the little guys head and lifts him up off the ground, turns and puts him back down out of line. little guy turns around as if ready to fight then realizes how grossly over matched he would be as the big guy leaned forward making sure his massive pecs were prominently in the face of the little guy. best part: big guy then takes his hand and gently taps the little guys cheek a couple of times and says "me thinks little man needs to take a time out"

SHEER ABSOLUTE DOMINATION AND HUMILIATION. I couldnt dream this stuff up.
I'm sure the staff appreciated it, and definitely got a kick out of it.... I know I would! The little guy sounded like a little loud mouth and yes, he needed a good time out. And whether big or small, if you're acting like an idiot, you're an idiot. Fortunately there was poetic justice and you got a chance to witness it.... I'd love to have seen that, if not participate. LOL!

The two muscle mooses, well, they must've been a great sight to behold!

Ron III---II
  #4   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:46 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfotehmoon View Post
I love how someone can be "unbelievably muscular" and "little" at the same time. :/ Short guys can't catch a break... And is it just me, or is mg.org turning into the "Domination and Humilation Station"? I'm all for muscle and size and whatnot, but since when was pushing people around "just cuz you can" something to get off on?
Eh, I wouldn't say that. I mean sure, it is been a bit more prominent, but to say the site has completely become that, is not true.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #5   Add to mslheet's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 2nd, 2008, 02:40 PM

mslheet is on a distinguished road
I like this story. The big guy obviously was cool-headed and didn't just start a fight to assert his dominance.
Reminds me of being in a club once, and a cocky and rather rude guy stopped and stood directly in front of me, like I wasn't there. He slowly backed up oblivious of me - and the place was crowded. I made sure to keep my hand holding a beer in front of me, and he kept bumping it.
Finally he turned around all P.Oed ready to say something I guess, but he turned to see my chest as I was a head taller. I just smiled and said "hi". And he turned back around and that was that.
  #6   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:30 PM

Sorry to make such a big deal out of it. It's just that the OP seemed to be focusing less on how big the two guys were, and more on how he was getting off on the humiliation aspect of it, which is a trend I'm finding coming up more and more often here; I find it a bit disconcerting. I'm all for telling off assholes, but you're kinda pushing it when you start manhandling people just because you can. If you're a bigger dude, you've got even more of a responsibility to watch your actions, because you can hurt others so easily; I would think that would mean asking someone to kindly shut the fuck up before you do anything drastic. And as for outright humiliating people? That seriously makes you the asshole.

Maybe I'm a bit biased, but the whole "treat the little guy like he was a little kid" thing fucking irks me. As a matter of fact, this guy acting like an ass sounds like a prime example of "Short Guy Syndrome." And where does that come from? Asshole, biased big dudes who treat them like shit.
  #7   Add to alwaysspinning's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:04 PM

alwaysspinning is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to alwaysspinning
Pics or it didn't happen.
  #8   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 3rd, 2008, 04:07 AM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
Quote:
Sorry to make such a big deal out of it. It's just that the OP seemed to be focusing less on how big the two guys were, and more on how he was getting off on the humiliation aspect of it, which is a trend I'm finding coming up more and more often here; I find it a bit disconcerting. I'm all for telling off assholes, but you're kinda pushing it when you start manhandling people just because you can. If you're a bigger dude, you've got even more of a responsibility to watch your actions, because you can hurt others so easily; I would think that would mean asking someone to kindly shut the fuck up before you do anything drastic. And as for outright humiliating people? That seriously makes you the asshole.

Maybe I'm a bit biased, but the whole "treat the little guy like he was a little kid" thing fucking irks me. As a matter of fact, this guy acting like an ass sounds like a prime example of "Short Guy Syndrome." And where does that come from? Asshole, biased big dudes who treat them like shit.
Totally agree, all three of them were obnoxious idiots in this situation, to me.

Still a cool story, though; don't see that happen every day!
  #9   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
[COLOR=white]As a big guy who goes out of his way not to humiliate people or to do bodily harm by accident, I've got to respond here:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]wolfotehmoon said:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray]Sorry to make such a big deal out of it. It's just that the OP seemed to be focusing less on how big the two guys were, and more on how he was getting off on the humiliation aspect of it, which is a trend I'm finding coming up more and more often here; I find it a bit disconcerting. I'm all for telling off assholes, but you're kinda pushing it when you start manhandling people just because you can. If you're a bigger dude, you've got even more of a responsibility to watch your actions, because you can hurt others so easily; I would think that would mean asking someone to kindly shut the fuck up before you do anything drastic. And as for outright humiliating people? That seriously makes you the asshole.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]Maybe I'm a bit biased, but the whole "treat the little guy like he was a little kid" thing fucking irks me. As a matter of fact, this guy acting like an ass sounds like a prime example of "Short Guy Syndrome." And where does that come from? Asshole, biased big dudes who treat them like shit.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]...or...the little guy (who doesn't sound all that little) could just be an asshole. We always called it "Little Man Complex" and sometimes that just comes from jealousy or just being a miserable person period, not necessarily mistreatment. Assholes come in all shapes and sizes and big guys don't have that market cornered. If these guys were that much bigger, they obviously could have been a lot more physical or done a lot more to humiliate this guy...but they weren't and they didn't...they treated a guy acting like a child as a child and "not just cuz they could." I know little guys who, if confronted verbally in a calm and adult manner about their inappropriate behavior, would just mouth off more because 'what's the big bully gonna do...beat me up in front of everybody?' I kid you not. I am NOT into pushing my weight around or humiliating someone, but, as far as I'm concerned, he was the one doing the bullying until two bigger guys came along...he got off lightly. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]mslheet said:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray]I like this story. The big guy obviously was cool-headed and didn't just start a fight to assert his dominance.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray]Reminds me of being in a club once, and a cocky and rather rude guy stopped and stood directly in front of me, like I wasn't there. He slowly backed up oblivious of me - and the place was crowded. I made sure to keep my hand holding a beer in front of me, and he kept bumping it.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray]Finally he turned around all P.Oed ready to say something I guess, but he turned to see my chest as I was a head taller. I just smiled and said "hi". And he turned back around and that was that. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]Don't ya just HATE when that happens . The other thing is...you're a big guy working your way through a crowded bar trying really hard NOT to hurt anyone and some little asshole is behind you pushing you so "the big guy" can make a path for him...bumping into your back, stepping on your heels, poking you in the kidney. It's nice to be able to just stop and let him bounce, not necessarily to humiliate him, but to maybe teach him some manners...or at least for him to share the "wet-shirt-from-a-spilled-drink" experience with me? And yes...this I do (when I have to) because "excuse me" isn't in some people's vocabulary...and I can.[/COLOR]
  #10   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2008, 06:28 AM

@Lucas88

The fact that you keep saying "little asshole" and "teach him some manners" proves to me that you're not to be listened to because of an obvious bias. You act as if you're better than these people you encounter, and because you're bigger it's your right to be able to put them in their place. Who knows, perhaps these experiences have been colored by an expectation that smaller guys will be asses. But you're here generalizing a short guy as "acting like a child". You thugs are part of the problem.
  #11   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
@Lucas88

The fact that you keep saying "little asshole" and "teach him some manners" proves to me that you're not to be listened to because of an obvious bias. You act as if you're better than these people you encounter, and because you're bigger it's your right to be able to put them in their place. Who knows, perhaps these experiences have been colored by an expectation that smaller guys will be asses. But you're here generalizing a short guy as "acting like a child". You thugs are part of the problem.
Wow! You win!

FYI...editing out the names you call people AFTER you've already submitted the post the first time...well, it doesn't work. The names still show up in the original email if someone happens to subscribe to the post...the edits don't. Short guy acting like a child...no generalization there...specific enough for you?
  #12   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2008, 11:38 AM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
@Lucas88

Au contraire, my friend! From the original posting that you made and from reading it, the little guy WAS acting like an asshole! And just because he may have some complex or you feel the need to stick up for him, the fact is, again, he was an asshole to the people working there...a big enough asshole that people actually were leaving out of line!

And Lucas88 is dead on target! I used to be a bouncer at a club, and more times that most it was these little guys with a chip on their shoulders that would give me the worst time after they've had a few drinks. It was that "he probably thinks since he is bigger than me he is BETTER than me, so I'll show HIM!!" mentality that some smaller guys have. I had one instance where this little guy just kept mouthing off at me and mouthing off at me after he was ordered off the premises at the club where I was working. I just stood there and did not do anything to provoke him as he was drunk and being stupid. He cursed, threw a can at me, etc etc. It was only when he decided to take a swing at me that he ultimately got his jaw broken. Big or small, I will not anyone even think of taking a swing at me. He started the attack, and I finished it. So, the so called little guy that had the BIG mouth got served!

So, just color me yet another big bad guy.

D

P.S. And I am not a damn thug either , but I am BIG and proud of it!

Last edited by Lifter73; September 4th, 2008 at 11:44 AM.
  #13   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2008, 07:38 PM

@L73

You say "mouthing off" as if anything he had to say was nothing important. Do you see where my concern is coming from? But of course, you did nothing wrong. Just your job, right? :/ And I thought bouncers were supposed to be good mediators as well as physically intimidating. Guess I go back to my old stereotype, huh?..

Quote:
So, just color me yet another big bad guy.
What a coincidence, I just got a pack of new Prismacolors.

My point: don't just be an ass because you're bigger and you can. That sounds like what's going on, and that makes you an asshole if that's what you do. The bigger man who's not a thug uses whatever else they can before their fists. Though, I'm assuming that the flipside to being on a site that puts the appreciation of physical size(something I'm totally in favor of) above all else(not so much) is that words like these are gonna fall on deaf ears.
  #14   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2008, 09:13 PM

Talk about LITTLE man complex...guy, what part of "HE TOOK A SWING AT ME" don't you understand?

To lifters point...and mine...assholes come in all sizes...when your a big guy, most of them are smaller than you are and you happen to be an easy target. That doesn't mean their egos or their mouths or their fists are any smaller. Someone takes a swing at you, you're REALLY not going to defend yourself? I call bullshit.

You are definitely deaf or can't read or something because you've got your knickers in a twist without even understanding where we're really coming from. All you want to do is rant on the big guys and make this a personal issue.

Now your BS is falling on deaf ears.

Quote:
@L73

You say "mouthing off" as if anything he had to say was nothing important. Do you see where my concern is coming from? But of course, you did nothing wrong. Just your job, right? :/ And I thought bouncers were supposed to be good mediators as well as physically intimidating. Guess I go back to my old stereotype, huh?..

My point: don't just be an ass because you're bigger and you can. That sounds like what's going on, and that makes you an asshole if that's what you do. The bigger man who's not a thug uses whatever else they can before their fists. Though, I'm assuming that the flipside to being on a site that puts the appreciation of physical size(something I'm totally in favor of) above all else(not so much) is that words like these are gonna fall on deaf ears.
  #15   Add to RPM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM

RPM is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RPM
Insecurity complex anyone?

Funny story jersey, reminds me of a few freshman-meets-senior incidents in high school.
  #16   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
@L73

Hmm.... I hear the bark of an insecure little guy barking....

TRUST ME, if it were you at the club that night, and YES, when I say mouthing off I mean swearing and calling me all kinds of sons of bitches, I wouldn't care what you think, YOU TOO would be picking your teeth out of the wallpaper. And TRUST me, you use the term asshole, then I guess I'd have to be one because if you were to call me one face to face, you'd be consulting your orthodontist as well!

Be good, little man! (jab jab jab!)

D

Last edited by Lifter73; September 5th, 2008 at 05:49 PM.
  #17   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2008, 06:25 PM
DaBigGuy1

Whoa!

This is a lively little thread here!

Hey, I gotta tell you... I had met Lifter73 and he is huge, yes, but one of the nicest guys that you'd ever want to meet. And I can only imagine that he more than likely had been getting a lot of crap from the guy (P.S. Lifter!! You owe me a call, dude!) because he is so laid back...but he won't take sh&#%, that I know for sure!

In any case, if it were any one of us, you know darn well once that button is pushed you are going to react, big or small.

If you're a little guy with issues, they you get what you give. Same for the big guys.

I was little, and big now, so I've seen both sides of it, and I was not and never have been or will be a jerk. If you come off as a jerk, you deserve to have your clock polished...big or small!

Ron III----III
  #18   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2008, 08:39 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1 View Post
This is a lively little thread here!

If you're a little guy with issues, they you get what you give. Same for the big guys.

I was little, and big now, so I've seen both sides of it, and I was not and never have been or will be a jerk. If you come off as a jerk, you deserve to have your clock polished...big or small!

Ron III----III
Indeed it is.

I know what ya mean there, despite my (current) size, I've had to knock down (literally and figuratively) guys a couple pegs.

And I most certainly will not be an ass when I get big as well.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #19   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2008, 11:05 PM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
Weigh in from a really little guy

Ok, guys, I think I can speak to this one.

For the big guys out there, here is a little secret about us little shits (me at 5'4, 151, call myself a 'little shit, because at 34 years old, it's all I ever will be).

I myself love (and lust) over bodybuilders and big, masculine guys. Thats' just how it is. The problem is, at least where I live, the big, huge, masculine guys, only want other big huge masculine guys. While that is certainly their right, it doesn't make me feel any better when that is what I want more than anything and it's denied me because of genetics. I'm happy with who I am, but it hurts that the big guys in my area don't look down enough to realize there is someone who is at pec level with them who most people consider funny, intelligent, charming, and kind. Not to brag on myself, but that's what most people I know tell me.

Being a little guy is painful. You're made fun of all the time you're growing up, and then you have to deal with the frustration of dating problems due to your size. If some short guys seem to have issues, that could be the root of some of it. But for the big guys, here's the deal. Most of the time some little guys get a little out of sorts because they want to have a big, masculine guy like you for themselves, and most likely it will not happen because, as my grandmother once said, 'pretty mates with pretty'. Still, most of us are not jealous of you. We don't want to be you. We just want you to think it's cool to be us. Most of us short guys can be pretty nice people when not feeling intimidated. Feeling intimidated can certainly bring out bad qualities in a person. That's why I stopped going to the gym. I was so embarrassed that even when someone would try to help me I was so insecure I just ended up being grumpy, which wasn't polite. So I took myself out of the situation.

To the short guys out there with insecurity problems. I'm right there with ya. I hear ya, and believe me I feel the pain. And I can understand envying those 22 inch guns and button busting pecs. I do too. But there's a difference between envy and jealousy. Envy means you'd like to have it. Jealous means you hate anyone else who has it when you don't. That's not right either. The big guys have worked hard for what they have. And after all, if they didn't have it, what would we have to drool over? As Oprah once said, "The Lord made Great Danes; the Lord made chihauhaus". There's room for both. True a bodybuilder may never lay me, but I'm still pretty happy with who I am. I think when you get to that point, you won't mind running into a guys pecs. Lord knows I wouldn't mind bashing my face between a pair, lol.

Just my thoughts, let me know if I'm way off.
  #20   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2008, 06:50 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Well Said

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkoutlvr View Post

For the big guys out there, here is a little secret about us little shits (me at 5'4, 151, call myself a 'little shit, because at 34 years old, it's all I ever will be).

I myself love (and lust) over bodybuilders and big, masculine guys. Thats' just how it is. The problem is, at least where I live, the big, huge, masculine guys, only want other big huge masculine guys. While that is certainly their right, it doesn't make me feel any better when that is what I want more than anything and it's denied me because of genetics. I'm happy with who I am, but it hurts that the big guys in my area don't look down enough to realize there is someone who is at pec level with them who most people consider funny, intelligent, charming, and kind. Not to brag on myself, but that's what most people I know tell me.

Being a little guy is painful. You're made fun of all the time you're growing up, and then you have to deal with the frustration of dating problems due to your size. If some short guys seem to have issues, that could be the root of some of it. But for the big guys, here's the deal. Most of the time some little guys get a little out of sorts because they want to have a big, masculine guy like you for themselves, and most likely it will not happen because, as my grandmother once said, 'pretty mates with pretty'. Still, most of us are not jealous of you. We don't want to be you. We just want you to think it's cool to be us. Most of us short guys can be pretty nice people when not feeling intimidated. Feeling intimidated can certainly bring out bad qualities in a person. That's why I stopped going to the gym. I was so embarrassed that even when someone would try to help me I was so insecure I just ended up being grumpy, which wasn't polite. So I took myself out of the situation.

To the short guys out there with insecurity problems. I'm right there with ya. I hear ya, and believe me I feel the pain. And I can understand envying those 22 inch guns and button busting pecs. I do too. But there's a difference between envy and jealousy. Envy means you'd like to have it. Jealous means you hate anyone else who has it when you don't. That's not right either. The big guys have worked hard for what they have. And after all, if they didn't have it, what would we have to drool over? As Oprah once said, "The Lord made Great Danes; the Lord made chihauhaus". There's room for both. True a bodybuilder may never lay me, but I'm still pretty happy with who I am. I think when you get to that point, you won't mind running into a guys pecs. Lord knows I wouldn't mind bashing my face between a pair, lol.

I've been reading this thread but didn't know what (if anything to add). Hulkoutlvr, I feel that you've very accurately described the situation. The bottom line is that if everyone treated others as he/she wished to be treated, the world would be a much better place.
  #21   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Quote:
We don't want to be you. We just want you to think it's cool to be us.
That may be the most poignant thing I've ever read on The Evolution Forum.

Last edited by ARCHEON; September 6th, 2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: grammar
  #22   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2008, 11:21 AM

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHEON View Post
This may be the most poignant thing I've ever read on Evolution Forum.
Thank you guys for your kindness. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I'm a self-proclaimed shrimp, lol, with a love for towering musclemen. But it's more than just lust. I find bodybuilders very interesting. They have their own unique culture, their own way of life, and I find it fascinating to learn about what motivates. Just think of me as a gay Jane Goodall, and you guys are kind of like musclemen in the mist, ha ha. But I can definitely understand the insecurities that come with being short. However, if you let an overcompensation rule your life, you end up like Napoleon. I just love hanging with bodybuilders. They're cool people, who just happen to be very hot. It's just that a lot of the muscleguys where I live only date other muscleguys. Doesn't leave much room for the rest of us. Still I love meeting big guys, whether we date or end up as friends.
  #23   Add to Jaypat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2008, 12:31 PM

Jaypat will become famous soon enough
my 2 cents

I have a question for the big guys. If the obnoxious little guy, were not a little guy, would you treat him the same way? In other words, his behavior is just as bad, but he is the same size as you. What would you do?

If you would act the same, then no harm no foul. But if you treat him differently because of his size, then that?s where the problem is.

I have a feeling in the situation the OP described, those two big guys would not have tried to pick up an equally big guy and remove him from the line. I could be wrong, But if I?m right, it makes them bullies and cowards.

But from reading the posts on this discussion, I get the feeling that if anything, the members here would give the little loud mouths a little extra slack because of their size. But you know, that?s patronizing and you?re not doing the little guys any favors. Treat them the way you?d treat someone your own size, even if it means they get a fist in the face a lot sooner.
  #24   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2008, 02:12 PM
DaBigGuy1

Bravo!

Quote:

This is one of the most memorable and thought provoking responses I have ever read on this forum!

And you know, the bottom line is it is all about one's humanity! And 1 bigwoof hit it right on the head as well....If we would all just learn to treat people like we want to be treated, the world would be a much better place and there would be none of this big guy/small guy stuff. I know THIS big guy here (me!) have always lived by that rule.

Hulkout, no matter what the height or weight, you are truly a big guy!

Ron III---III
  #25   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM

Gratitude

Ron,

Thanks for the sweet kudos. Coming from a guy like you, who can definitely be classified as "a god", it's definitely high praise. I think that from time to time, all of us, in our pursuit of companionship, be it erotic or otherwise, tend to get caught up in the physical. And just from my screenname, you can gather that yes, my head (and my crotch, lol) can be turned by a pair of sleevebusting guns. This is all true. And it's true that my height has always been a major point of contention with me. But after 12 brain surgeries, how tall you are just doesn't seem to matter so much. I don't say that for pity, because a bodybuilder friend once told me I must be at least as tough as some weightlifters to survive everything I've survived. But here's something that's interesting to know.

My best friend was a bodybuilder. He had 21 inch arms, a chest that always seemed to be outgrowing his shirts, and a face and smile that would Jesus bitch slap Mother Teresa. He was so precious to me. I was two years older than him, and a lot of people said I was much weaker. In the gym he was ten times stronger than I'll ever be. He died on August 21, 2005 of a heart attack at 29. And for whatever reason, I'm still here. I was always in love with him, and he knew that. He was straight, so I had to settle for his undying friendly devotion, but that was more than I could have ever expected from many bodybuilders out on the prowl in clubs. Oddly enough, he taught me that I didn't need to be jealous of him, because he told me once: "You've survived things I never could have. You're every bit as strong as me, if not stronger." He knew I envied him, and he always said I had no reason to. I guess that's why, although big, masculine strong bodybuilders, guys who are 100% man, are definitely my thing, I don't base my self worth on comparisons. Strength is not only what shows on the outside. My grandpa, at 5'0 and 115 pounds, stormed the beach on D Day. Still, a pair of button popping pecs is nice to look at, lol. Thanks for understanding and for reading this highly emotional rant.
  #26   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2008, 04:04 PM

Shout out to JayPat

JayPat,
Please don't think I'm advocating giving the guy a break because of his height. I'm short, and it's always my plea to my friends, "If I'm being an ass, tell me, so I can correct it." If the short guy cares anything about how people view him, he'll straighten up. It's one thing to be known as a shrimp, but I don't want to be known as an asshole shrimp. My frustrations about being short, if they come out at all, are usually taken out on the sales clerks and tailors of the world, when they say they have nothing in my size or when they direct me to the children's department. To all you bodybuilders out there, if you've never known true humiliation, try being a grown man and being told by a woman old enough to be your mother that you need to go to the junior section. That's where I got my 2006 Easter outfit.

If the short guy is an ass, I don't think bodily force is necessary. If a big guy like Ron looked down at me, flexed a little and said, "Hey dude, tone it down a little." I think that's all it would take for me. But I'm a little different than most little guys. I was raised by a mother who always told me "Never let your mouth write a check because your ass can't cash it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypat View Post
I have a question for the big guys. If the obnoxious little guy, were not a little guy, would you treat him the same way? In other words, his behavior is just as bad, but he is the same size as you. What would you do?

If you would act the same, then no harm no foul. But if you treat him differently because of his size, then that?s where the problem is.

I have a feeling in the situation the OP described, those two big guys would not have tried to pick up an equally big guy and remove him from the line. I could be wrong, But if I?m right, it makes them bullies and cowards.

But from reading the posts on this discussion, I get the feeling that if anything, the members here would give the little loud mouths a little extra slack because of their size. But you know, that?s patronizing and you?re not doing the little guys any favors. Treat them the way you?d treat someone your own size, even if it means they get a fist in the face a lot sooner.
  #27   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2008, 04:27 PM

To WolftheMoon

I'm going to make a reply to you that may seem a bit harsh, but as a short guy (yes, 5'4, far below the 5'9 national average for men) I feel I'm entitled to make it.

I know Lifter doesn't need me to defend him, but I will anyway. Most of the time bouncers are pretty nice guys. Going to bars as a little guy, it's easy for me to get pushed around, even though I'm quiet and out of fear for my safety, never verbally provoke bigger guys, even when drinking. A couple of times bouncers have kept me from getting crushed to death in a crowded bar because they see I need a little "extra help" in the physical department. I'm grateful to them for what they do in keeping the rest of us safe and ensuring everyone has a good time. And if a person insists on making it not fun for everyone, whatever they get is coming to them. I often wish I had the muscles to take care of assholes like that myself. An ass is an ass, no matter the height. There are tall ones, and short ones. The short ones due tend to be a bit worse at times due to insecurity problems. But that's genetics; they need to get over it.

Wolf, I don't have any problem with you viewing big guys as a threat. I am intimidated by big guys. But fortunately they make me horny too, and horny will kick intimidation's ass every time, lol. But I also love big guys because 9 times out of 10 they're loveable. It's just that, unlike little guys, when someone is being a problem, they have the muscle to take care of the problem. For that, I applaud them. And just to let you know, I have had a number of short people annoy me too, and I don't cut them any slack because they're short. I'm short, and I don't act like that.
  #28   Add to Eager Muscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Yep, it's me; REAL GROWTH

Eager Muscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Eager Muscle
No excuses for bad behavior/Napoleonic complex; we all grew up with issues. There are better ways to (over)compensate (and reason for you, Hulkoutlvr, to get back to the gym) `- just check out these three "bad" boys:

5'3 competitive bodybuilder, musclegrowth.org's own musclebaz: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...itain-nov0.jpg

5'2" competitive bodybuilder

4'11" competitive pro bodybuilder

[COLOR="Red"]"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses."
- Dorothy Parker

"Faces fall, but a bicep's forever."
- Eager Muscle

"A personal trainer is someone who works for your lunch money."
- Eager Muscle [/COLOR]

"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses."
- Dorothy Parker

"Faces fall, but a bicep's forever."
- Eager Muscle

"A personal trainer is someone who works for your lunch money."
- Eager Muscle

Last edited by Eager Muscle; September 7th, 2008 at 09:31 PM.
  #29   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 7th, 2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:

I know Lifter doesn't need me to defend him, but I will anyway. Most of the time bouncers are pretty nice guys. Going to bars as a little guy, it's easy for me to get pushed around, even though I'm quiet and out of fear for my safety, never verbally provoke bigger guys, even when drinking.......
Thanks, Hulk-dude!

Even us big guys need a little help now and then.....you are so right! Sometimes us big guys/ bouncers are misunderstood as well. It was great to read your story and man you have my utmost respect!

(Lifter lifts Hulkout onto his shoulders in a cheer...RAHH!! )

D
  #30   Add to jerseyflex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 7th, 2008, 07:56 AM

jerseyflex is on a distinguished road
I have to say - wow - in response to where this thing went.

first, it is most definitely a true story - sorry, i dont take a video camera to the beach (although Im rethinking that now)

second, the little guy was making a lot of people really uncomfortable. it was especially unfair to the young honest hardworking kids behind the counter who are just kids working a summer job - doing it the right way. his verbal assault was completely uncalled for. the woman in line in front of him did ask very kindly if he could "chill" - his response "yeah whatever"

everyone endured his making a bad situation a lot worse until enough was enough.

good (and bad) people come in all shapes and sizes. ive known some hardcore bb-ers over 6ft - as tall as 6 ft 5 and they were all really nice down to earth guys who never used size and strength to do harm, in fact the exact opposite - they used it to help and protect and defend - they clearly knew they had a certain responsibility. iv also known some incredibly built - powerful as hell guys under 5 ft 6 who were really cool.

i in no way intended to imply that vertically challenged folks act a certain negative way - its just that the story "is what it is" and I know there are folks on here that get as aroused as i do at size and strength so I decided to share. did not mean to espouse some form of social commentary.

face it, we all wonder about certain things when in the presence of taller people. this am in starbucks the guy in front of me was easily at least a foot taller with these massive feet. his hands were so enormous that he didnt need to use the handle to pick up the pitcher of milk, he just grabbed it. now you know as well as I of course im wondering if EVERYTHING is that much larger.
  #31   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 7th, 2008, 10:58 AM

Jersey is Right

Jersey, my hat's off to ya.

I think most of the big guys on here are fabulous guys. And the grass is usually greener on the other side of the gym, so to speak, lol. I spoke up to say that I know a lot of short people, even shorter than me, that are complete asses. Yes, genetics dealt them a bad hand, but the true test of character is how you accept it and deal with it. I laugh about it. When I'm doing my typical self-deprecating humor (a habit I'm trying to correct, because most people tell me I'm pretty ok), people always tell me, "don't sell yourself short.", to which I reply, "I'm only 5'4, there's no other way to sell me except discount", lol. By the way, in my profile it says I'm 5'6. My hopes were dashed recently when I was measured for new clothes and was told I'm actually only 5'4, lol. So I didn't lie in my profile. I really thought I was taller, ha ha.

Big bodybuilders, on the other hand, most of the time, are wonderful. My buddy always took special care when he hugged me not to hurt me; he knew he was incredibly strong. The only disappointment is when you run into the occasional bodybuilder who is an ass. I say it's a disappointment, because they have the muscle to back up their bad behavior, and due to their size, it doesn't pay to tell them they're being an ass, and I'm certainly not going to risk broken bones doing so.

I have met some warm, wonderful guys on this forum. You've worked hard for the big muscles you've got, and you deserve to enjoy them. It's just really nice when the rest of us get to enjoy them too, lol. Anyone agree? Share the love.
  #32   Add to Brahma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 7th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Minotaur

Brahma
"He died on August 21, 2005 of a heart attack at 29."

Tragic. My belated condolences.
  #33   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 8th, 2008, 10:23 AM

thanks

Thanks Brahma. I miss him every day. He taught me a lot about how strength isn't just about muscles. Not that he wasn't built like a brick outhouse, but he always understood and loved the differences between me and him. He got me into the gym, and I actually got him onto the stage with me. He acted in one of my plays, and he was wonderful. We were set to do another one when he died. After his death, it was harder to go back to the gym, because he wasn't there to encourage me. But he always used to say the same thing to me every time I doubted myself or my physical strength. I would say, "I don't think I can do this" and he would say, "You can". At one point he had me lifting over 250 pounds, which I never thought I could do. Now when I don't think I can do something, no matter what it is, I hear his voice in my head saying, "Yes you can." Three years gone and he's still encouraging me. That's what true bodybuilders do. They not only build bodies, they build up spirits. They encourage.
  #34   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 9th, 2008, 06:32 PM

Oi, just to chime in. I wasn't going to come back here for a while, for a number of reasons, but I'm glad I did because there seems to have been a bit of resolution to all the trouble. And, well, as the originator of the drama, I feel like I should offer and apology. I think hulk put it pretty nicely; I was just a bit frustrated with some related things going on. @Lifter and the other dude: yeah, sorry. They're my issues and all, and I didn't mean to take them all out on you. The way you all described things made it easy, in my distressed state, to take mildly tactless responses and turn them into attacks on your character. Sorry again.

Ron put it well, too; I'm personally on the side of the fence that says they wouldn't have tried that if the guy had been their size, and so I hope you can understand my anger over people supporting the two bigger guys. The anger's still there, but I've managed to separate the misspoken comments from the characters of the aforementioned(in my mind), and that and apologizing is all I can offer.

PS This may or may not have at the behest of amiable feelings spawned from the first workout I've been able to have in a month

Last edited by wolfotehmoon; September 9th, 2008 at 06:52 PM.
  #35   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 9th, 2008, 08:08 PM

To Wolf

Wolf,

I hope there are no hard feelings because of anything I said. I only spoke because I thought the thread could use a little bit of a "little guys'" perspective. I think you'll find that most of the big guys in here take things in stride and good naturedly. I have always had issues with my own height, especially since reading an article in Men's Health that called anything under 5'9 "below average". Unfotunately in our society height is a status symbol, and taller guys command respect. People tend to forget that one of our greatest presidents, James Madison, who led the country through the war of 1812, was only 4'10. Still, we live in a society driven by physical prowess and beauty, and it's a cross we have to carry.

I understand your frustration very well. But I am currently seeing a stunningly beautiful man who is 5'11. While not a bodybuilder, he has a linebacker's build. Sometimes I wonder what he sees in me, but as long as he's willing to flash those beautiful azure eyes at me, I'm not going to ask. I'm just going to enjoy his company, and his achingly gentle nature, lol. While my height is a point of contention for me, at age 34, I have to accept that 5'4 is what I was given, and I'll work with it. I'm just glad that the big boys here are accepting of someone who could be viewed as less, and are willing to take in anyone who loves muscle, which is, face it, the reason we're all here. So let's just admire while they flex, and all of us have fun. We're all God's children, some of us are just a little more blessed than others, lol.

Quote:
Oi, just to chime in. I wasn't going to come back here for a while, for a number of reasons, but I'm glad I did because there seems to have been a bit of resolution to all the trouble. And, well, as the originator of the drama, I feel like I should offer and apology. I think hulk put it pretty nicely; I was just a bit frustrated with some related things going on. @Lifter and the other dude: yeah, sorry. They're my issues and all, and I didn't mean to take them all out on you. The way you all described things made it easy, in my distressed state, to take mildly tactless responses and turn them into attacks on your character. Sorry again.

Ron put it well, too; I'm personally on the side of the fence that says they wouldn't have tried that if the guy had been their size, and so I hope you can understand my anger over people supporting the two bigger guys. The anger's still there, but I've managed to separate the misspoken comments from the characters of the aforementioned(in my mind), and that and apologizing is all I can offer.

PS This may or may not have at the behest of amiable feelings spawned from the first workout I've been able to have in a month
  #36   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 10th, 2008, 02:19 AM
DaBigGuy1

The measure of a man.....

Quote:

With this posting, you are proof positive that the measure of a man is not just in height, weight and inches, but in character and integrity. Some guys would have just huffed and puffed and stormed off, never to be heard from again. But you came back, assessed the situation, made the amends and then full speed ahead. For that I applaud you! And you, Wolf, are big in stature, indeed!

And BTW, knock it dead in the gym, my friend!!

Ron IIII----IIII

http://www.geocities.com/musclflex8/fafsd.jpg

Last edited by DaBigGuy1; September 10th, 2008 at 02:28 AM.
  #37   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:

When you go on a rant...people rant back. Apology accepted.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options