You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2008, 09:34 AM

Adam is on a distinguished road
"Supernatural" episode, Nov. 6th

The "Supernatural" episode coming on Nov. 6th, "Wishful Thinking", is about a town where the wishing well really works. The preview showed scenes of this little ten year-old kid being chased by bullies and tossing a coin into the wishing well with a sad look on his face. The preview also showed this kid flipping over a car with his bare hands, and strangling one of the two main leads, who couldn't budge the kid's hand even with both of his own. I think it's pretty obvious what the kid wished for . . .

No muscle growth, I'm sure, but it looks like some wonderful kid super-strength scenes. Just wanted to let everyone know. Oh, and the preview is up on YouTube if you want to watch it. Just search for "Supernatural" and "Wishful Thinking".

Adam

Last edited by Adam; November 1st, 2008 at 11:07 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to hearmenowu2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2008, 10:44 AM
Evolution MG Animator

hearmenowu2 is on a distinguished road
it would make a really good muscle growth story here wouldnt it .

hearmenowu2

or go to MY PB page HERE to stream my videos and more

or visit MM's yahoo page HERE to see some of the pics that i put there that cant be posted anywhere else for obvious reasons ...

my Imageshack page
  #3   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM

rextorres is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
Found it.

#4   Add to tojfs7931's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2008, 01:10 PM

tojfs7931 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to tojfs7931
Unfortunantly You Tube videos take forever and a day to buffer for me for some reason....
  #5   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2008, 01:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to rextorres Send a message via AIM to rextorres Send a message via MSN to rextorres Send a message via Yahoo to rextorres Send a message via Skype™ to rextorres
Hey, Adam, I like your suggestion for a story a lot. I might take you up on it.
  #6   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rextorres View Post
Hey, Adam, I like your suggestion for a story a lot. I might take you up on it.
Thanks for posting the preview to this site. The suggestion for the story was hearmenowu2's, though, not mine.
  #7   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Thanks for posting the preview to this site. The suggestion for the story was hearmenowu2's, though, not mine.
Oh that's alright! You were the first to mention the Supernatural episode. Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) just started yesterday, and it gave me a great idea for a short story. It was enough to get my word-count going for this year's contest.
  #8   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2008, 06:14 PM

I have the beginning of a story already written but it's not yet finished. I'm still debating whether or not I should start posting it on here in parts or not. The intro is kinda long, but it does eventually lead up to a muscle growth scene. Is there any interest out there for this story to be posted?
  #9   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 2nd, 2008, 09:07 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have the beginning of a story already written but it's not yet finished. I'm still debating whether or not I should start posting it on here in parts or not. The intro is kinda long, but it does eventually lead up to a muscle growth scene. Is there any interest out there for this story to be posted?
OF course there is boyo!

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #10   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2008, 02:07 PM

Tonight is the night!
  #11   Add to Rowan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 6th, 2008, 07:01 PM

Rowan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rowan
"Kneel before Todd!" lol.

That teddy bear freaked me the hell out, though.

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat lots of fresh vegetables."
-The Tick
  #12   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2008, 01:17 AM

Yeah, the giant teddy bear was weird. I loved the strength scene at the end where the boy lifted the car with the other kids in it. Then he hurled one of the good guys a couple of feet into the air. Pretty cool!
  #13   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:46 PM

I was pretty pleased. They did an fantastic job on the tipping over of the SUV! I also especially liked what happened when Dean punched Todd*grin*. You know, I think this would lend itself well to a story adaption. The author could fill in the scenes that we didn't see, and could also change the ending. Anyone interested?
  #14   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I was pretty pleased. They did an fantastic job on the tipping over of the SUV! I also especially liked what happened when Dean punched Todd*grin*. You know, I think this would lend itself well to a story adaption. The author could fill in the scenes that we didn't see, and could also change the ending. Anyone interested?
Yes, I forgot to mention that. They gave Todd that "invulnerability" effect when Dean punched him... Almost like Superman.
  #15   Add to Geek2Jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:55 PM

Geek2Jock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Geek2Jock
Oh yeah, I sort of think that was the best part...
  #16   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 7th, 2008, 04:27 PM

Well, I started on a story. The only reason I haven't finished it is because I've been in bed with the stomach flu (the "crud") during the past three days... No fun! I'll post the story as soon as I wrap it up.

I've never watched "Supernatural" before (Cool, it came right after "Smallville"), so this was definitely a good experience for me! Interesting show!
  #17   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2008, 06:41 AM

[quote=rextorres;85086]Well, I started on a story. The only reason I haven't finished it is because I've been in bed with the stomach flu (the "crud") during the past three days... No fun! I'll post the story as soon as I wrap it up.
quote]

As I understand it, though, your story isn't about Todd, but about the wishing well idea. I think it would be interesting to write a story about what happened to Todd, with a different ending. If Hope had only been smart enough to wish that her love would never remove the coin instead of wishing Sam dead . . .
  #18   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2008, 03:59 PM

Yes, you're right, Adam. But, unfinished stories can be rewritten or new stories can be created from scratch. The only requirements here are time and inspiration. And I've been itching to write a story about a short, young kid (who does NOT grow any taller when he gains his power) with superhuman strength. Now, the story that I started last week was written before I saw the "Supernatural" episode. I can still finish that, and then write something else which follows the TV show more closely, now that I've seen it. I kinda like to create my own characters, though, rather than steal them from the TV show. Again, I'm after the "idea" of a kid, who's so fed up of being bullied by thugs in school, he'll go to a wishing well and wish for super strength after he finds out that such a well exists. I would add some muscle growth in my story, though... It just makes it more fun... hehe... These are the ideas I'm playing with right now. How would a kid deal with his new-found super strength? Sure, he would take care of the bullies. But... What about his friends? Would he be seen as their hero... or a monster? Would that power lead to admiration, or fear? These are the things I ponder when I plot out a story about a super-kid with superhuman strength. It could lead to fame, or loneliness! What do you think?
  #19   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2008, 07:20 PM

Here are my thoughts, for what they're worth. I assumed you might be averse to writing a story about Todd, given that you've already begun a tale about a kid who wishes for super-strength. If not, then well and good!

To suggest that writing a story about a t.v. or movie character is "stealing" seems rather harsh. Fanfiction, which a tale about Todd would be, is generally considered to be homage rather than theft. Personally, I find it quite inspiring to consider how things might have gone otherwise.

"How would a kid deal with his newfound super-strength?" That is indeed the question, and offhand, I can't think of a single story which wholly focuses on answering it! Not one, in the entire Evolution Forum and the Internet at large, goes into all the social, psychological and familial ramifications of such a transformation. The incomparable "Davey's Destiny" comes close, but it focuses on the brother of the transformed character and the transforming agency imparts knowledge which heavily affects how the kid deals with his abilities.

The answer to the question depends on the kid. It is possible, however, that possessing such vast physical power would seduce a kid into believing himself to be above all rules and authority. His self-image would be that of a higher being who can do whatever he wants, and whom no one can stop. The most basic level of moral reasoning is fear of punishment; when a kid realizes that he can't be punished because he's so strong . . . Such a reaction is extremely likely when we're talking about a boy who has already suffered repeatedly at the hands of bullies. It is well-known that bullying is done to make one feel better about one's self. By asserting one's superiority over a weaker individual the ego is gratified. For the victim of bullying the damage done to his pride and self-esteem, in addition to all the rage and self-hate he would be saddled with, could easily make him a far worse bully than his tormentors once he got the power. I thought that was well-illustrated with Todd when he opened up to Dean, especially in his line about how he couldn't do anything to stop them. You could see how ashamed he was of his inability to protect himself, and understand how he sought to expiate that shame through punishing his tormentors. But would it have ended there? I don't think so. I believe he would begin to dominate all his classmates as well.

How would the super-kid's friends see him? He might not have any. Assuming he does, though, and assuming that he indeed comes to think of himself as better than everyone else, I think his friends' initial reactions would be awe, some evvy, and a bit of fear. As the uber-boy continues to demonstrate his strength and begins to make it clear he thinks they should be subservient to him now (more his followers than his friends) the fear would grow. Probably at least one of them would also become defiant, mouthing off and protesting about this treatment from one he saw as a friend and equal. Of course that could lead to a physical punishment which would cow the rest of the friends and send their fear skyrocketing. Of course by this time the entire rest of the school is probably regarding the superboy with complete and utter terror. Some would react by seeking to avoid him whenever possible, whereas many others would be desperately trying to ingratiate themselves with him, seeking protection by currying his favor. The competition to be considered his "friend" would probably be absolutely fierce. Then, too, let's remember that the kid would most likely be taking advantage of his superhuman abilities in athletics, which would give him an additional ego boost. Think of Todd on the football field, for example.

So, assuming the kid doesn't openly display his abilities in front of adults or does it with only a few adults, covertly, we end up with him utterly dominating his classmates and at the same time being admired as far and away the school's best athlete. So he has fame and obedience.
What would happen with his family? He could exempt them from how he treats everyone else. On the other hand, if he truly considers himself superior, he probably doesn't feel like taking orders from his parents anymore. He might well show them that he is now the man of the house and terrify them into acknowledging that he is in charge of the family. Then again, what if he does reveal himself to the world, either benignly as the strongest kid in the world, or aggressively as an unstoppable force?

Last edited by Adam; November 8th, 2008 at 07:56 PM.
  #20   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2008, 07:55 PM

Your comments are excellent and well taken! I totally agree. Todd would become the biggest bully to those who bullied him before and a guardian/protector to the ones who saw him as a friend. He would have to be very careful not to display his strength in front of the adults, because that might lead to his downfall if he makes any mistakes.

Thanks again for your comments. I will definitely take all of them to heart!
  #21   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:35 PM

Thank you! I think you might have misunderstood part of what I wrote, though. I don't think Todd would be a pure guardian/protector to those who saw him as a friend. I think Todd's friends would have been okay as long as they did whatever he told them to and treated him as their clear superior and leader. Otherwise, I think he would have ended up hurting them too. We saw in the episode just how aggressive he was becoming, such as when he challenged Dean just for looking at him ("You got a problem, Mister?")! I think perhaps that megalomania was how his wish was going bad.

Todd hiding his strength from adults is one way to go. On the other hand, he did overturn that SUV in broad daylight and was about to rip through it. With his invulnerability, maybe he has nothing to fear from adults either, and knows it! How interesting it would be to see the town's deputies TRY to arrest him . . .
  #22   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:58 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Gee, with you two talkin' 'bout this so much, I'm seriously looking forward to your story Rex.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #23   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 8th, 2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMM View Post
Gee, with you two talkin' 'bout this so much, I'm seriously looking forward to your story Rex.
Oh yeah! The story idea is great! And Jeremy (iceman75) has been DYING to read a story about a short kid with super strength for ages. I just needed some inspiration, which Adam provided by starting this thread. I spent an hour surfing around the CW website and getting some more info on it, too. So, I'm hooked...
  #24   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2008, 08:37 AM

I must admit, I'm still pretty flabbergasted that you are willing to write about Todd, Rex. He's so completely the opposite of all your main characters before this. Todd is a genuine anti-hero, consumed with rage, shame, vengeance and injured pride, driven to physically dominate not only his former tormentors, but also everyone else in his world. He even kills at least one person (Dean)! Writing this tale will really mean exploring the darker side of human nature and super-strength, and I'm genuinely impressed by your willingness to venture so far outside of your own taste and comfort zone.

I have been giving some thought to the part of the story which overlaps with the episode and the basic structure of that early section. I hope my thoughts prove helpful (bold parts are shown in the episode already):

1. The tale should likely start with Todd fleeing from the three bullies as revealed in the episode.
2. We should get to see whether he escapes or whether they catch him, and if they catch him, what they do to him.
3. His encounter and conversation with Audrey (the Teddy Bear girl) in which she tells him the wishing well works and his own thoughts about trying it.
4. Todd going into the restraunt and tossing the coin in
5. Todd exploring and testing his new strength.
6. Todd's first rematch with the bullies and his triumph there, ending with the three fleeing in terror from Todd, who while chasing them shouts, "You better run!". He stops by Dean, who is watching him curiously, and aggressively asks, "You got a problem, Mister?". "What? No," Dean replies and Todd takes off again in pursuit of his prey.
7. The three apparently somehow managing to lose him, at least for now.
8. How his second encounter with the bullies starts. My guess? The three went to one of their homes for refuge, and the Mom offered to take them to McDonalds for lunch. She drove them there in her husband's SUV and as the four enter the McDonalds she sees one of her own friends. She gives her son the money to pay for himself and his buddies, then goes over to engage in animated gossip with her friend. The three bullies, however, spot Todd sitting at a nearby table, sporting a menacing grin. Panicking they flee back outside and pile into the SUV. One is frantically trying to tell another how to lock the door as Todd slowly, confidently approaches. He shoves at the door with his right hand and the entire vehicle rocks at his sheer strength. Reaching down he grasps the edge of the underside and in one smooth, continous, and effortless motion lifts the truck up and flips in onto its side. Intoxicated with his own power he bellows to the sky, "Kneel before Todd! Kneel before Todd!"
9. Dean gets out of his car to try to talk with Todd while Sam and Wesley continue on to the Chinese restraunt. Thought there is no need to go through everything which happens now, if necessary I would be happy to transcribe the action and dialouge as it occurs (I knew I had to tape this episode). Suffice it to say that Dean ends up on his knees before Todd, the boy's right hand throttling him.
10. This is where the change must come. In the episode, Hope wishes that the Winchesters would die because they are trying to get Wesley to forsake their love. Sam is hit by lightning and Dean is about to die by Todd. Wesley sees the light, however, and removes the coin, reversing all of the wishes. What if, however, Hope hadn't wished for the brothers' deaths? What if instead she had simply wished that Wesley would never do anything to damage their love? My take? When she made that wish it would go bad almost immediately, because Wesley would suffer a massive heart-attack. Sam would catch Wesley and try to help, and when Hope came out he would shout for her to call an ambulance. Meanwhile Todd would crush Dean's throat, killing him. I imagine he would be shocked by his own action, before coming to accept and even be proud of what he had done, of how powerful he was. He would go over and catch the bullies coming out of the SUV. Instead of killing them as he had planned, he would decide to put that off so that he can enjoy bullying them for a long time. He only breaks a couple of their bones each to put them in the hospital, at the same time warning them what he'll do if they dare to tell anyone who did this to them. Todd splits before anyone else comes along to see what he has done. Hope and Sam go in the ambulance to the hospital, but it's no good; Wesley dies on the way. The only one who can remove the coin and reverse the wishes is gone, and Hope weepingly confesses to Sam the wish that she made. While at the hospital Sam sees the three bullies come in with broken bones, along with a figure under a sheet . . .
11. Absolutely devastated by his brother's death, Sam screams for Castiel, but the Angel does not appear. Befret of divine aid Sam goes back to the motel and feverishly continues to research the coin. He discovers that no wish which seeks to harm the coin or thwart a previous wish will be granted--and each person only gets one wish. That night Sam steals Dean's body from the morgue and breaks into the restraunt. Flipping a coin into the well he wishes his brother back to life. Before leaving he sets the restraunt on fire. It's not a perfect solution by any means, but it's the best one available. At least this way he can minimize the damge done, by ensuring that no one else will be able to use the well. With the theft of Dean's body and the arson of the restraunt the brothers have to leave town; they would attract far too much attention if they stayed, especially if anyone in authority spotted Dean up and around. They did the best they could, but it's time to go. They drive out of Concrete and out of the tale. Now Todd's story really begins . . .

I don't know how much of what happens with the Wincheters outside of their interaction with Todd really needs to be shown in the tale; it's his story, not theirs. Still, that's how I envision it going down for them.
  #25   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2008, 10:27 AM

Well, I wanted to focus more on Todd than on the other characters, but I really appreciate you taking the time and the effort to write out the highlights of the episode. I was hoping to concentrate on the things that weren't shown on TV, rather than retell the whole TV episode, so this is fantastic. Thanks, Adam!
  #26   Add to Adam's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Well, I wanted to focus more on Todd than on the other characters, but I really appreciate you taking the time and the effort to write out the highlights of the episode. I was hoping to concentrate on the things that weren't shown on TV, rather than retell the whole TV episode, so this is fantastic. Thanks, Adam!
You're welcome. I agree, the story should focus on Todd and fill in what we didn't see. Personally I think it should also continue well past the ending of the episode, with Todd keeping his powers. Then you can really get into the meat of how Todd and everyone around him deals with what he has become.
  #27   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2008, 11:56 AM

I started writing the story and I'm using your comments as my outline. Just a FYI!
  #28   Add to rextorres's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2008, 08:54 PM

Well the story "Todd's Wish" has been completed and you can read it in the story section of the forum.

Let's get some more comments!
  #29   Add to leedwards2005's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM

leedwards2005 is on a distinguished road
Interesting development .

Rextorres had another kid with superhuman strength
" Superboy Jaime " .

or .... Todd could grow just like the kid of " Thunder Boy " .

Though " Thunder Boy " was the grandson of Odin . He showcased superhuman strength .

Just have to wait and see what will be Todd's take on the world .

Somehow , I have a feeling that home-life & school are going to a [COLOR=yellow]very[/COLOR] interesting .

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options