The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 22nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Bigger, Stronger, Faster

I can't find the original post on it but many of you have heard of the steroid/muscle documentary "Bigger, Stronger, Faster." I know many of you vehemently refused to see it and that's a shame because it's not what you expect.

First off, the movie, while not exactly pro-steroids, is very critical of the stigma placed upon them and big muscular men. However, it is also critical of muscle culture and, further, the USA's obsession with success by any means. The director doesn't see steroids as a problem but as both a scapegoat and a symptom of a much larger problem. As someone who still feels that steroids are killing people I feel very conflicted now that I've seen the movie but it's a good, healthy conflict. I feel like my eyes have been opened--that's just what a good documentary ought to do.

By the way, the movie is LOADED with beefy men, including the documentarian himself and his brothers (if you like girthier muscle men then you'll love this guy's family.) There's a very insightful look at Greg Valentino, the man with the world's largest (and most disgusting) biceps. There are also interviews with many people who are pro-steroids as well as telling interviews with those against the drugs. The pro-steroids guys are, for the most part, pretty hot and not just in their body. It's great to see a movie in which the big guys aren't dumb meatheads...mostly. Fans of muscular women will be happy to see a few buff ladies as well.

My problem with the movie, however, is that there was a lack of focus. It's not all about steroids, it's not all about male body image, it's not all about family. It's a mish mash and it doesn't come together like it ought to, but I was definitely intrigued by what it said and showed--apart from hunky men. There is more to it than just seeing beef.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 23rd, 2008, 05:57 AM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
Talking

Seen it and find it quite amused that people will do anything to be at the creme of the crop. And a nice lesson NOT to have a role model from Tinseltown.

Sad to hear how America has the largest population being 'filled with drugs', both legal & illegal. No wonder the healthcare industry is booming for decades over there.

Never knew there's even drugs to help with exams too.
  #3   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2008, 05:37 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/ot...found-dead.php

Sadly, one of the Bell brothers, "Mad Dog" Mike Bell, has passed away. The cause is unknown but 'roids are bound to come up in the media. He also had a history of abusing other drugs and some emotional troubles. Regardless of how and why he died, it's another tragedy to have anyone die so young without warning, especially someone with a family.
  #4   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
Guess chasing his 'larger-than-life' and wanting to get his 'greatness' cost his life I guess. I really wonder what's so bad having a 'normal life'? He had a negative reaction when his brother asked him about it. I have a pretty normal life and quite satisfied with it.

A tragic loss really.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options