The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Demandred's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Imagineer

Demandred is on a distinguished road
Oakswood 4

As always, comments appreciated etc, etc... enjoy.

- Dem

Oakswood 4

Fortunately, Corey was only winding me up. I never did see Colette, not until the barrier blocking us from our powers was lifted.

It was the day before bonfire night, almost 2 weeks after the event at the swimming pool. November the Fifth was a big deal at the school, though there was no obvious reason why, and there was a huge bonfire going on in one of the surrounding fields. There would be candy floss and toffee apples, too. I really wanted to go, mostly for the fireworks. I wouldn't be able to see them from my window.

?I'm starting to feel like a bit of a bum,? I told Kane as I managed to drop more food down my top. I couldn't move either leg, and it was starting to get me down. I would have been worse, had I not known that the barrier was being lifted later in the day.

?It's not your fault.? Kane muttered shortly. ?Sorry. I've been getting some killer migraines.?

?Maybe you'll get your new skill tonight then? I said, choosing the word ?skill? in case he only ended up with something a bit tacky.

?We'll see tonight, won't we. The whole place is going nutty. You guys with the powers are getting major withdrawal symptoms. I heard Kyle barking earlier, and Jennifer was actually eating chocolate. Not her own, but still. It's happening all over the school, I think it's about time the bloody barrier was lifted.?

I agreed with that. I was aching to move, to do something using my muscles. When I could, I would be able to grow. I could tell. My whole body felt like it did before I got hard, and bulked up. If only it wasn't for the barrier. I didn't mention this to Kane, though. I had to get him out of my room before it happened. Pretend I wanted an early night, or something. He had stuck to my side as if we were in a symbiotic relationship, or something. As Harry eloquently put it, I was the crocodile and he was the bird cleaning my teeth. I didn't feel particularly scaly but I let that slide.

?So what are you doing tonight then?? I asked casually, as Kane fluffed my pillow.

?Fuck all. Thought we could whack a DVD on for you on the lappy, me and Sophia.?

?I don't think I can take any more DVDs.? There was only so many times a guy could watch 300 before Kane shouting ?This! Is! Sparta!? became a fair reason to attempt suicide. ?I was thinking of going to bed early.?

?Alright.? Kane nodded, and I expected a fight where it wasn't anywhere to be seen. ?Do you want me to lock the door as well??

?Please. I'll give you a shout if I need you for anything.?

?Cool. I'll only be in my room.? I wondered what was keeping Kane so compliant, but didn't dare to ask. The afternoon wore on, and in the early evening Kane didn't need reminding before he got off the bed.

?See you tomorrow Nathe,? He said as he headed to the door. When it was locked, I leaned back with a relieved sigh and closed my eyes. I thought I could feel the barrier, as if it was physically pressing upon my body. Maybe it was. When the dark cloud I was so used to being there suddenly disappeared, I opened my eyes in surprise. I didn't realise how... how confining it was, to not be able to use my strength. I thought I heard a bark as Kyle ran up and and down the corridor, paws scuffling on the floor. Jennifer shouted ?Sweets!?, and Andy was probably making the entire kitchen pine as I lay there.

The sudden appearance of Kane next to the bed made me jump as much as my numb body could. ?Oh God!?

Kane grinned at me. ?Teleportation, Nathe!? He told me. ?It just happened!?

I was too shocked to tell him to leave. I was about to congratulate him, but the ?Nice one? that I wanted to say instead came out as a gasp as I suddenly felt every pore in my body break out in a sweat.

?Whoah, Nathe!? Kane put a hand to my head. ?You alright??

I wanted to tell him to get out, but I couldn't seem to form the words. I think he realised what was going on when we both saw the new sudden tightness of my shirt. Kane's mouth opened, and I thought he was going to panic, but then he sat on the chair to my desk and watched. Watched as I grew! The bastard! Another wave of heat ran through me, and I forgot all about him.

With every beating of my heart, I was getting bigger. Last time it was a slow, steady growth. This time, in seconds my shirt was stretched to the point where the seams wanted to snap, and the sleeves were too tight despite being bunched back away from my biceps. The boxer shorts I wore were tented, too tight to be comfortable but still stretching as my dick carried on getting bigger. I instantly felt like a small child in the clothes I was wearing, but the heat was too igniting to make me feel self conscious. My arms were pushed away even more from my thick torso, and my right hand flopped from the bed as I got too wide for it to stay on. My large feet crept closer to the foot of the bed, and I thought 'The Headmaster was wrong, I'm a giant!'.

The sudden relief of pain in my boxers made me realise that Kane had climbed onto the bed, and he had taken my dick out in his hands. It looked so massive, so angry in his hands, that it only throbbed even harder. When he wrapped his lips around the head I groaned, and gripped at the covers. This sudden realisation that I could move my limbs again had me clenching and unclenching my big fists, looking at my new hands in wonder. Even as Kane gave what felt like the best ongoing orgasm I have ever had in the form of a blowjob, I noticed my new body. The shirt tore as I lifted a heavy arm, from my armpit halfway to the bottom. The shirt now ended on my tough set of abs; I wondered how much taller I was. With one hand the shirt came off, and I took in the view of my heavy pecs and the round, wide shoulders. These led to a set of arms which, when Kane used his tongue like that, only sent me even hornier. My whole body sheened a little with sweat, but the smell was a musky one. One hand on my chest, the other gripped Kane's hair and pushed him down. He took it in like a man, and as I wondered how big I was I ended up letting loose in his mouth. When I was done, it ended up on the bed, over my thighs, almost everywhere. Kane swallowed, looked up at me with the most deferential look I'd ever seen from him, and began to tidy it up with his tongue.

I suppose I forgot that I had my strength back, and more. When I tried to open the door, I forgot it was locked and the handle broke off in my hands. I stood staring at the thing, taking in how much lower down the handle had been, and how it felt smaller in my hand, until Kane prodded me in the small of my back to get me out the room. Not that he couldn't just teleport into the corridor now.

When I entered the corridor, I was met with a rush of open doors and people mingling in different rooms. Most of the flat was attracted to the noise of me breaking the door, and they all gawked at me. I realised belatedly that I was as good as naked, wearing my short shirt torn down the side and the boxers which I had to physically stuff myself into, and that I must have grown noticeably more than the last time. My hand ran along the stretched fabric over my pecs; I took a deep breath, and the material tore from the collar about an inch.

?Nathan's feeling better,? Kane announced. This seemed to bring everyone to their senses as the moved from their doorways, looking up at me. Even Corey, and Kyle when he wasn't a poodle, had to tilt their heads up at me now. Sophia was the first to prod at a bicep, and soon after a number of hands followed. All innocent, though when Jennifer ran a finger along the ridges of my abs I felt a stirring down below which was plain for all to see.

?Shit, don't do that Jen,? I said in a way which said that actually, I would have preferred it if she carried on. ?Where's the new girl??

Corey stood back a little, opening and closing the box which I knew was locked before he touched it. ?Colette's probably in her room.? He didn't sound to bothered.

I was surprised by the new weight which I carried as I moved down the corridor. I felt like I was in the way more, that I had a presence I didn't have before. That if someone walked into me, I wouldn't be the one falling back. A hand unconsciously went to adjust myself as I went towards Colette's door.

?Hang about, don't knock.? Kane followed, and though everyone else was talking and such I felt them watching. ?You'll probably knock the door on top of her.? Kane rapped on the door for me, and I swiped my hand from my boxers as she opened the door.

Colette made Kane look like a giant, so imagine how lumbering and gawky I felt when I stood in front of her. She had long black hair, and stood to my abs level. She was pretty, in a vulnerable way, as if one touch would cause her to disappear. I made sure the hand I offered her to shake was a gentle one. ?I'm Nathan,? I told her politely as we shook. Her hand was lost in mine.

?Colette. Night.? The door was suddenly shut in my face. Kane looked up at me and started to laugh.

?You know, she's probably a hardcore Christian. It's also blasphemy for you to look so good.?

?And you being an ass is a major sin,? I told him. I grinned, but I couldn't help but wonder if it was me, or if it was just how Colette was?

?Don't worry about her. Come on, let's get something to eat.?

?Yeah, I'm starving.? I realised I could eat a small horse (I wasn't above eating cute animals, especially when hungry).

?See you in the kitchen then,? Kane replied before disappearing in a wisp of dark smoke.

I had a great pile of work to do, but I figured I could do that tomorrow before the big bonfire night thing that was going on. I took the manual route to the kitchen, where most of the flat had gathered. As I suspected, half of our crockery and cutlery was now wooden. Andy sat at the table looking appropriately guilty.

?I'm sorry Nathan!? He warbled as soon as I walked in, ?I didn't mean to I just couldn't help it, I swear, don't be mad...?

?I'm not mad,? I replied. I put a hand on his shoulder, and he smiled. Why did it matter so much? Oh yeah. He probably thought I'd get mad and beat him up, as if I had a personality transplant. I sat at the table and leaned back, looking over my now wooden pans and forks. ?I won't be able to cook with these, though. What am I supposed to do for food??

?Let me cook you something, Nay-nay!? Sophia announced in a sing-song voice.

?Fuck you Sophia, I'm already making him something!? Kane snarled from the cooker, where he appeared to be boiling enough pasta to feed a small country.

?He doesn't want pasta. Anyway, what is he gonna eat with that? He needs meat doesn't he, he's a growing boy!? Sophia pulled half a roast chicken out the fridge, and my mouth watered. Right then, I would have probably eaten it raw.

?He needs, um, vegetables.? Added Andy.

?I thought you were a vegetarian anyway Sophia?? Kane asked with a sullen glower.

?Well, yeah. But Nathan isn't. You like your meat, don't you Nay-nay??

?I'm not six,? I frowned.

?Whatever. Just cook it already. And try not to poison him. I thought you women could cook?? Kane smirked at her, and Sophia's fists clenched so hard that the plate the chicken was on shook as if the poultry was trying to revive itself. I coughed into my wooden pan, but ended up scrunching the handle. Whilst Sophia tried to hit Kane with the dead meat ? he kept teleporting back a foot or two, so she swung at nothing ? Andy began to chop up some vegetables with his wooden knife.

?Oooh, something smells nice!? Kyle declared as he walked into the kitchen some moments later. Taking a seat next to me, he scratched his head in a very dog-like manner. With his hand not his foot, at least. ?How are you feeling, Nathe??

?Pretty good,? I admitted whilst Kane and Sophia diligently cooked for me. Andy was trying to peel a carrot. ?Just leave it Andy, I don't mind about a bit of dirt... yeah, I'm looking forward to testing my strength.?

?Why don't you try it now?? Kyle asked, pointing to the fridge.

?No, Not again. Besides, I need something heavier.? I flexed my arms as if I went around doing it all the time. Kyle put a hand out, then moved it back and shook his head.

?Fair enough. But I think everyone wants to watch when you do.?

It was only wooden, but I snapped the pan in half without straining at all. I offered one for him to try, and Kyle laughed. ?Come on man, I'm not the one with super strength. Throw it, and I'll play fetch.? There was a suggestive tone to this which even had Kane glaring. Kyle seemed aware of this , and sat in a smug silence for the rest of the time he was there.

?Dinner's ready!? An elated Sophia announced some time later, as she and Kane brought my food over. It spanned two plates; one with the half a chicken, the other piled with the potatoes and vegetables Andy had insisted on alongside the pasta. Why I needed potatoes as well was beyond me, but it was a kind thought anyway.

?Thanks guys,? I managed before starting on the chicken.

?Ha! He likes mine more!? Sophia said to Kane smugly.

?Whatever you say Sophia,? Kane sighed.

The food finished with, I surprised myself by creeping to the fridge when they had gone to bed for some food of my own. I don't know what came over me ? maybe it was the energy involved in the growing ? but when I was myself again, the fridge was pretty much empty and I was using a finger to get the cheese spread from the tub marked ?Corey?. With a guilty burp, I hoped the rest would understand.

?I'm a growing boy,? I reasoned with myself as I finished the tub off.

When I went back to my room, everyone else seemed to have settled down. I figured that was all I could do as well, as exciting as the night had been. However, when I was down to my boxers and slumped on the bed, I heard the all-too familiar warbling of none other than Dolly Parton. I don't know what she was banging on about, but it was Corey's music. I closed my eyes as if that would help, but it was all I could hear. When I went to sleep, I dreamed about women with big hair and plastic chests riding those metal bulls which tried to throw the rider off.

Perhaps I should have left a note on the fridge. Maybe even some money on the table. I was woken up about 6am by the feel of someone on my stomach.

?Hey!? Opening my eyes, I saw it was Kane. Between him and Corey, I was never going to be able to have any privacy. Clad only in his boxer shorts, the broad, kinda hairy young man looked quite comfortable sat where he was. I could tell he was on me, but it didn't hurt any. I suppose I was just taken by surprise by his new ability. After all, who didn't wish they could just disappear when things got out of control?

?You ate all my fridge food, you fat bastard.? Kane prodded me in the chest, his finger sending sensuous jolts from my firm pecs to my curious cock.

?Uhhhh... yeah.? I agreed, sitting up. Kane fell back and sat at the foot of my bed. ?It's still dark outside. It's a Saturday. Why are you awake??

?Me? I haven't been to sleep mate.?

?Oh. Well, I was asleep. So if you don't mind...? I rolled over, the mattress creaking angrily at me, and Kane nearly fell off the bed again.

?Hang about, you're up now. We might as well do something. Come on Nae.? How many nicknames was that? Nathe, Nay-nay, Nae. I preferred Nathan...

?Like what?? I asked, rubbing my eyes.

?We could watch the sun rise. That'd be cool.?

I shrugged my shoulders, and although I was tired I could still appreciate the way my body put so much into such an apathetic motion. ?If you want to.?

?I want to, if you're there with me.?

The words sounded so foreign to the blunt, rude Kane that I had to smile. ?Alright then, let me get dressed and-? Kane grabbed my arm, and in a cloud of fog we... how can I describe it? It was like going down the slide at the swimming baths, but going up and left and right at the same time, and weighing nothing. This lasted the length of a blink, and I found myself in a field. In the dark. Nearly naked. Kane was responsible, I saw as I raised an eyebrow at him. He was sweating profusely, kneeling on the grass for support.

?I think you're a bit- a bit big for me to handle at the moment,? Kane managed after a minute. I shivered a little at the chilly morning, and sat next to him.

?Where are we??

?It's this field near my house. Welcome to the Peak District, dude.? Kane moved to sit up properly, and leaned his head against my arm. With no effort whatsoever I picked him up and sat him between me spread legs. It was no trouble to have him leaning back, though I did feel a familiar stirring which made me wish Kane didn't fall asleep as the sun rose. We were in the middle of nowhere, that much was certain, with hills and trees and the like in all directions. At least nobody could see the two near-naked men as they sat on the hill that early morning.

It was nice, for a short while, but in the end I began to get pretty hungry. And I needed to pee pretty badly. With a gentle knock to the arm ? I could be gentle, when I tried ? I woke Kane up. ?Come on, it's getting a bit cold. Let's go back and get something hot to drink.?

?Yeah, yeah...? Kane yawned, and stretched. When he tried to push me back onto the grass, he looked surprised when it had as much effect as the wind. ?Oh yeah. You're super strong, aren't you. Bastard.?

?If you wanted me to lie back you could have just asked,? I grinned in reply. Kane just shook his head.

?It's hard to remember you aren't like Sophia.?

?It is?? I asked. ?She doesn't have a dick too, does she??

?Just shut up and kiss me.? Kane leaned up for one, and I was too amused by him to deny it. His hands began to explore my thick body, one stroking along my abs. He must have remembered from last night, I thought. When I leaned back against the damp grass, he happily followed to lie on top. The hands moved to my chest and shoulders, but his erection carried on with the noble deed of caressing my abs. I don't know when he took his boxers off, but all it took for me was a quick tug and my dick was able to spring in place.

?I want you to get bigger. You get better and better each time.? Kane put even more energy into his kisses, if that was at all possible, but he had no choice but to stop when I lifted him up with one hand.

?Is that all you want?? I asked him calmly. ?It's not that I'm an alright guy, it's because I supposedly look good??

?Well, yeah.? Kane shrugged. He didn't seem fazed at being suspended in the air with one hand. ?You're a nice person, but it's not that which makes me go so hard it hurts. Mate, a blowjob is a blowjob. Get a boyfriend if you want, but until then put up with me. And you are good looking, it won't be hard for you to get some fag like Liam.?

The recollection of his skills with his tongue had me smiling. It made sense, when he put it like that; and, at the risk of being too rational when I was getting pretty turned on, I wasn't interested in a relationship with Kane or anybody else. The need for release soon took over, and I dropped Kane back down on top of me keenly. He was so eager to please, so quick to respond to what I wanted, that it would have been a shame to deny him the bit of fun he had. When he wrapped his mouth around my member and caressed at my abs with his fingers, my toes curled and I nearly came right there. I didn't take long, not when it was Kane. There was something about being naked outside which added to the effect, and I was pretty sure the euphoric feeling lasted for longer this time. My back arched, forgetting that I could easily throw Kane off me, and when I was done I flopped back down against the grass. Kane diligently tidied my copious mess up like last time, including his own. He has a pretty nice cock of his own, a little short in appearance but mostly because it was almost as thick as mine. I hadn't had a chance to return the favour, but I did intend on it when he didn't climax at the same time as me.

We laid there for a while, Kane snuggling with his arms around my neck, until I began to feel self conscious. ?Come on, let's go back now? I said, and Kane didn't hesitate to do his teleporting thing.

Back in my room, we both landed on the floor with a thud.

?I guess we should teleport when stood, next time? Kane said with a grin. When we stood, it became clear we'd left our underwear on the unknown hill in the middle of Derbyshire. ?I'll pick it up the next time I head there. I think I'm gonna have a nap now, though... it wears me out, taking you everywhere...?

I grabbed him by the arm before he could leave. Not because he was naked, I didn't mind that part at all. ?Hang on. Next time, I want you to tell me before you teleport me anywhere. Understood??

?You liked it, though.?

?Answer the question Kane.?

?Yeah, alright then. Whatever man.? Kane shrugged his arm, and I let him go. I was surprised at my assertiveness, but then again it wasn't very polite to teleport people without their permission. I shook my head at how normal it seemed now, people teleporting or getting bigger. When the door closed behind Kane I flopped onto the bed and did some thinking.

I got into some trouble about the lack of food in the fridge... when I summoned the courage to slip on a pair of grey sweats and a blue shirt (it took a whole other set of bravery for those, how snug they were), I held my head up and went to the kitchen. It made my heart jolt to see everyone in the kitchen. Everyone apart from Colette, that is. They sat around the table, and it looked like Kyle was writing a list of what had been eaten.

?Oh, hey Nathan. Here for more food?? Jennifer asked curtly. My growling stomach said ?Hell yeah!?.

?Uh, no? was my actual response. ?I came to, um, say sorry. And offer to pay for what I had.? I didn't expect them to be all smiles, but at least a little less grim. I found myself not wanting to stand there, being the object of their attention. I was fully aware of my top, so tight that I could easily point out the nipples, the sleeves tight around the biceps. I was even more aware of the snug trousers, the soft material wrapped lovingly around my thick cock. I was surprised I didn't get hard right then, with an audience. Maybe it was because I knew how mad they were. ?Tell me how much I owe and I'll give it you. Laters.?

I turned to go, but Kyle's voice stopped me. ?Hang on, are you going to the bonfire tonight??

Looking over my shoulder, I answered ?Probably, when I've reported my broken lock. If you guys can bear to be seen with me.?

?Course we can, big guy.? Kyle waved the sheet of paper. ?This is how much you owe us. Feel free to repay me in toffee apples.?

?I've not had bonfire toffee in aaaaaages,? Sophia added.

?We're leaving at half six,? Corey added. ?Wrap up warm, if anything still fits.?

When I left the kitchen, I wondered if they were making fun of me.

I lay on my bed in just my boxers, well aware that the last time the nurse had seen me they fit much better than they did right then.

?Hmmm.? The woman looked me up and down, and prodded at my biceps. She tested my thick forearms, massaged at my hard thighs, and even looked over my hands and feet. Pretty good for someone who could detect defects by sight alone. ?You definitely look... ah, the feeling in your limbs has returned. I'd say that you still have a spurt in their somewhere. Most of your power development comes in the initial months before Christmas. After that, I don't think you'll get any bigger. One more bulk up.? She patted my thigh, and I felt myself flush as my cock responded. ?At least all your limbs are working fully. Let me know if you lose the sensation in more than one limb again.?

That done, I got dressed again and met the others in the kitchen.

?Glad that's over?? Corey asked with a knowing smile. Kane scowled and folded his arms.

?Aren't you going to be cold, Nay-nay?? Asked Jennifer, all smiles compared to earlier. Again, I was only in my shirt and sweats, accompanied by my largest sandals.

?Probably not,? I replied honestly. ?I'll just have to find something to do to keep warm.?

?Oh Nathan.? Harry shook his head at me in a way I never thought he could. He usually nodded in agreement with everything Kyle said.

?Well, this is all of us. Let's go.?

?Wait, isn't Colette coming?? I asked.

Sophia waved her arm dismissively. ?She's not in the mood. Doesn't like fireworks, she said.?

?Her loss,? Kane said. ?Come on, I want to win something damnit.?

We made our way down to the fields at the back of the school. The place didn't have many lights, it was lit by the bonfire instead. A great beacon in the dark, attracting students like fireflies. I was surprised this was still going ahead, especially with what happened to Ivan. But everyone seemed eager to have some fun after being cooped up without their powers for so long. You could tell who had just gained theirs, and who had become more used to them or was in their second or third year. Most people acted pretty normal, but Kane would teleport in front of me every so often ? until I pushed him out the way and he whined that I'd broken something ? and I saw a girl who appeared to be able to materialise cutlery out of thin air.

?Look, there's your soul mate Andy,? Corey joked. Everyone laughed, even Wendy, but Harry narrowed his eyes at Corey when his lean back was turned. I don't think subtlety was Harry's strong point. I nearly tripped over a fork thrust into the ground as we carried on.

The bonfire was the main attraction, so huge I could feel it from a good way away. It had to be maintained by someone's power, I was sure of it. Around the fire in a great circle stood the attractions, which we looked at at a leisurely pace. I was surprised at how people swerved around me, even people I recognised. A guy from Literature, Kevin, gaped like a goldfish until I told him my name. Then he gaped even more, and said he'd see me in class.

?See? You have that effect on people.? Kane nudged me, and I rolled my eyes. He winked up at me, ran a hand along his stubble and went to look at the coconut shy. He knew it got me going. Men.

Kane was the competitive sort. With no way of using his power to help him win, he tried every event that he could win a prize in. His aim at the coconut shy was awful, he couldn't shoot the targets, he guessed several hundred out in the ?guess the marbles in the jar?, and by the time we reached the strongman event he had his arms folded and was sulking something wild.

The others enjoyed their various snacks, which Jennifer was unable to make. Toffee apples and candy floss topped the list, though I found both not to my taste. Harry devoured the tacky marshmallow snacks like they were going out of fashion as we walked, and only offered them to Andy.

?You'll win something,? Sophia assured Kane with a pat on the arm.

?I hope so. I want that.? He pointed to a 3ft tall cow plushie. It had a daft grin and a golden bell around its neck. Oh, and the comical udder. They were the same at every stall, I remembered. ?I don't know what else I can try though.?

I was about to suggest he tried the coconut shy again (because we enjoyed watching) when I heard a loud voice directed at me. ?Hey! You over there! Big guy!? When I turned, the man at the strongman attraction was pointing at me. It looked to be a typical hammer the see-saw thing, try to hit the bell attraction. ?You look like you work out! Get over here!?

?Go on!? Kyle prodded me in the back, and for all my superhuman strength I found myself in the centre of a small crowd. The guy who shouted me was a third year student, I recognised him from a time when he was giving out leaflets against betting in the hallway. What made gambling wrong and this right was beyond me, but anything for a quick bit of cash I guess.

?Just a pound for one hit!? The guy, Francis by the shiny name badge, pointed to the hammer.

?Uh, but I can't-? I began, but the guy talked right over me.

?Just a pound! It's worth a try! Nobody else has managed it yet!?

I looked over at my flatmates, who all stood watching. Kane gave a thumbs up from his folded arms, and that massive grin. He knew how uncomfortable it was.

?Go Nay-nay! Whoo!? Squealed Sophia and Jennifer in turn. Even Wendy got a ?Whoop!? In there, before folding her hands in front of her demurely.

?Well, it's worth a go,? I grinned. I gave him the quid and picked up the hammer, careful to not make it look too easy. I realised the thing would have been pretty weighty, for anyone that wasn't me, and took my time assessing the target.

?It's not rocket science, Meat head. Hit the target!? Francis called.

Meat head? He called me a Meat head? Decorum over with, I dropped the hammer against the target. It didn't look like a great deal of effort, but the metal weight whizzed up the meter and ? you guessed it ? hit the bell so hard the thing cracked in half and fell. Andy was there to catch the pieces, cradling them as they became wooden.

?Right. What do I win?? I asked, heading over to the prizes lined along three shelves.

?You don't win anything. You just broke my game!? Francis said shrilly, waving his arms as he followed. ?You can't use your powers to win, that's cheating.?

?I tried to tell you, but you weren't listening to the Meat head.? I unclenched my fists, taking a deep breath. It wasn't worth getting mad about, but then, my head didn't seem to agree with itself on this. I pointed at the cow Kane had been so keen to get his hands on. It wasn't the best prize, but they were only cuddly toys anyway. ?Just the cow will do.?

?I said-?

?I'm fresh out of care for what you said. The cow.? I folded my arms and drew myself up to my full height. ?I can fetch it myself if you want.?

Was that going too far? Francis went an unusual shade, visible even in the night-time. But he went and fetched the cow, thrusting it at me as if he wished it was a grenade. Then he began to pack the stuff away.

?Here.? I gave the cow to Kane as I strode past him. I needed to cool off for a minute. Once I was away from the main crowd of people, I felt like I could punch something. Why was I getting worked up about it? I didn't understand, which really didn't help. Sat on a bench in the dark, I was taken aback when someone holding a light came over. On closer inspection it was Liam, using his finger as a torch. I guess he wouldn't ever lose his phone in the dark.

?What's up, Liam?? I asked.

?I saw you hitting the bell. You made it look so easy.? Liam sat next to me, and the light winked out.

?It is easy, when you've got superhuman strength.? I shrugged. Couldn't a guy brood in peace?

?I thought it was kinda hot, actually.?

?Oh, for fuck's sake.? I got to my feet and Liam was there, peering up at me. He was an inch shorter than me now, but he took it in his stride. He got onto his tiptoes with his lips puckered, and I put a finger out to stop them. You know, where you put a finger on their lips and they look surprised. Only, instead of putting them on his lips I ended up hitting him in the nose; there was a disgusting cracking noise, and he began to shriek. ?Oh shit! I'm so sorry Liam...!? but he just kept giving that awful wail, and we were attracting quite the crowd.

?Nathan! What did you do to him?? Kane was the first there, the tell-tale smoke disappearing as he got a good look at Liam.

?I just hit him in the nose, I didn't mean to... I think he needs the nurse.?

?No shit. I'll take him.? Kane put a hand on his arm. ?Calm down, woman. I'm taking you to the nurse.? Those words out his mouth, the two of them disappeared and I was left with the disapproving looks of the people watching. I held my hands up, but was only met with rolling eyes.

?I know you didn't mean to,? Sophia said when I found the rest of my flat eating candy floss by the sweet stand. She held Kane's cow for him; Wendy fed it her candy floss every so often, so it looked like it had tried to apply its own makeup and not used the mirror. I was too dispirited to reply, so we watched the bonfire for a while until Kane returned.

?He'll be fine. It was just loads of blood really.?

?I only used my finger...?

?Dude, you dislocated it too.?

?Look, the fireworks are starting!? Sophia pointed to the trees, where a couple of fireworks had come from. I managed to forget all about Liam as I watched the display, the lights hurting my eyes. When the last few had exploded with loud bursts, I realised I was on my own. Well, Kane was still there.

?Where did everyone go?? I asked.

?More candy floss?? He shrugged. ?Look, Kyle and Corey are over there pigging out.?

I made to go over to them as most of the people on the field were heading back indoors, but Kane put his hand on my arm. It didn't hold me back, but I looked anyway.

?He tried it on with you, didn't he.? The look in Kane's eyes suggested I chose my answer carefully. Not for my sake, but for Liam's.

Ah, who knew how much he saw? ?Yeah, he tried to kiss me? I said, ?And don't you dare do anything to him!?

Kane laughed at me, and led me over to Kyle and Corey. ?I won't. I don't blame him, and it's not like you went along with it.?

?Went along with what?? Kyle asked, scratching his ear and tapping his leg. Corey looked a little like the cow with candy floss all over his mouth.

?Nothing...? I said, before there was another shrill cry from ahead. I turned in time to see a very bloody corpse being thrown into the bonfire, seemingly from the sky.

?Another one!? Kyle marvelled, with wide eyes. The bonfire was reflected in them, and I thought I could see the burning corpse reflected in them as well.

- Shamshad Khan
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Demandred For This Useful Post:
Reeza (January 30th, 2014)
  #2   Add to redkage's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2008, 03:41 PM

redkage is on a distinguished road
Heh, very nice series you got going on here. I'm glad to see you up and writing a storm again. Can't wait to see more!
  #3   Add to philat99's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:43 PM

philat99 is on a distinguished road
Another corpse and the plot thickens!!! I'm really enjoying this. Your sense of comic relief and timing is wondrous. Thanks for the great read!
Mike
  #4   Add to Synth.x's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 30th, 2008, 10:41 PM
It's a Secret

Synth.x is on a distinguished road
This story is so fun to read. I've looked forward to every new chapter since the first.
Your writing is simply awesome, and I always appreciate a good mystery.
I anxiously await the next installment.
  #5   Add to Jaypat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 1st, 2008, 06:34 AM

Jaypat will become famous soon enough
Wow

This is a really good story. I'm sorry I discovered it so late, but at least I didn't have to wait long between the first four parts.
  #6   Add to Excelsior's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 1st, 2008, 11:45 AM
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!

Excelsior is on a distinguished road
You know, I love a good mystery, Pity we have to wait so long between chapters. :-)

IN THE LAND OF THE FATUOUS FRAUDSTER, THE BIGGEST TWO-EYED LYING GIT IS KING!!!
  #7   Add to bobman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 1st, 2008, 08:31 PM

bobman is on a distinguished road
This story really fascinates me! I'm taken by the character development and the foreboding around the mysterious deaths.

Keep it up!
  #8   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 2nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
You know, I love a good mystery, Pity we have to wait so long between chapters. :-)
Hardly, considering the length of the chapters.

Great writing. I really feel the atmospheres you create, and you don't even seem to try too hard. All I can say is please keep on going, because I too am enjoying it thoroughly

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options