You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Speaker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:02 PM

Speaker is on a distinguished road
Favorite Stories (of your own)

Ok people. Own up. Everyone who has written multiple stories always has their favorites. Dont deny it. Im not above it myself. Theres always that story that when I look back on it, I think, "Wow. I must have really been into it on that one." Everyone has a story where you are surprised by your own writing, as if you werent the author.

For me its gotta be my Get in the Game stories, which is probably why ive written 4 of them, unlike my next highest number of stories in a series which is 2. Its probably the most creative method of growth that ive come up with, unlike the standard (by no means bad, just standard) growth serum/formula. Maybe thats why i like it.

Conversely I have at least 3 stories that i really sort of wish i'd never written just because they don't mean anything to me. Theres no real characterization in them or anything, just growth (which is by no means bad, but it just seems bland to me). The one that sticks out the most is Payback Time which i still somewhat shudder to think about because i feel like i had to have been drunk when i wrote it or something. But hey, thats my own opinion and alot of people said they enjoyed it.

So what about the rest of you? What stories of your own do you enjoy in particular and which do you not like. Obviously you dont need to mention anything if you dont want to do so (as if i could force you anyway). What im asking for is your own honest opinion. What im NOT asking for is for people to chime in and say that someone ELSE's stories are their favorites ever. While i respect your opinion, this thread is about an author's favorite (or least favorite) story of their own, not someone's favorite story on the forum (although if your favorite story on the forum is one of your own, feel free to post, arrogant jerk that you are. jk)

So? Whaddaya think?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Writer and Lifter

xythan_shadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xythan_shadow Send a message via Yahoo to xythan_shadow
Well, my favorite story of mine would have to be either Bear or Aphex. I enjoyed writing both of them and I thought they came out well. There's a bunch of other stuff I like from most of my stories, but those two have the most of it.

My least favorite one is Lucky because it feels rushed. Around the middle of it, it feels like I was just trying to get it done. I have plans on revisiting it sometime, along with some others including my first story. Ironically, it was my first story that got me a ton of pms from people who felt the same way. I just have to go back and fix some grammar and other issues.
  #3   Add to rockhopper's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:48 AM

rockhopper
Send a message via AIM to rockhopper Send a message via Yahoo to rockhopper
I've only written one series here, "Nephilim". Of the five chapters that have appeared, I like chapter two the least. It gives a little back story and introduces a character I really didn't like. It's the chapter I re-read the least often. The other four chapters are pretty formulaic, but these stories aren't meant to be great literature. I enjoy them all, but at the moment I think I like the newest chapter best.
  #4   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2008, 08:21 AM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Ya know, I've written a fair number of stories over the past 15 years but I'm hard pressed to say that I have a "favorite." Some I've been fairly pleased with, others got off to a good start, then went nowhere. It's absolutely the case that none of my stories (even the ones I've forgotten and then rediscover) "do it" for me the way other people's stories do!

That's what makes visiting Musclegrowth.org (and a few other sites!) so entertaining and worthwhile -- I never know when I'm going to run across a Jaypat or a Londonboy or someone else whose work I really, really enjoy.

Here's a fond wish for More! More! More! in 2009!

All the best & xoxo...

Richard
  #5   Add to Londonboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 24th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Thicker is Best

Thanked 2,277 Times in 227 Posts
Londonboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Londonboy
Thoughts that Trigger

It always amazes me how "out of the blue" a thought can enter my mind and I immediately think it would make a good story. But, alas, many of those ideas don't come to fruition when I sit down to put fingers to keyboard (or pen to paper - yes, I'm old-fashioned). I, like Richard, really enjoy finding stories by other people that excite me so much they make me want to write something as good. I can easily name my favorites of other people, but it becomes hard to look at mine objectively. I certainly have characters and story lines that are favorites, but I usually look back on my stories and focus on things I would do differently now or what I consider painful paragraphs/chapters (can anyone say perfectionist). In the spirit of Speaker's original question I'd have to say that I love the slow build up in An American Muscleman in London (and, yes, I will finish it one day), but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I love the character of Bud Stevens in Old Man Stevens (and, yes, it's because I dream of older musclemen). Other than those I'd have to say that I've really enjoyed writing some of my stories, but I still get a charge "you know where" when reading the other stories on this site. The creativity and the diversity always amazes me. Thanks for giving me hours of reading (and other kinds of) pleasure. May this holiday season be full of many muscle sightings and fantasies for everyone! Here's to creative and productive writing in 2009!

Cheers!

Londonboy
  #6   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Isn't this like asking which of your children is your favorite?

There seems to be a lot of people that like A.I. I have a special fondness for The Trade because it was my first story. I also like Muscle Sex and Master Class, which was a bit different, but then, I like each of my stories for different reasons.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #7   Add to Speaker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 25th, 2008, 10:19 PM

Speaker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Isn't this like asking which of your children is your favorite?
I certainly hope nobody feels that way about this thread. If ive offended anyone then im sorry, it wasnt my intention to do so. Im just curious is all. And of course Corwin if anyone is offended by this thread, then they dont need to respond to it. Im not trying to make a jab at you, but im just saying that theres certainly no requirement for people to respond to posts.

Although frankly I dont see your point. Im proud of alot of the stories ive written and frankly im somewhat embarrassed by some of the others. Maybe im arrogant (although i certainly hope not!) but its just something ive thought about.
  #8   Add to tortolis's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 26th, 2008, 06:59 AM

tortolis is on a distinguished road
The more I thought about it, the more interesting (and perplexing) this question became. In evaluating my own work, I see a tension between the extent of muscle on the one hand and dramatic credibility on the other. Where I've come the closest to striking a balance I like is in some parts of the Chris and Boot series.

It's tough, at least for me. I believe any narrative fiction, erotic or not, must create a world that succeeds in absorbing the reader in a new reality and engages the imagination. Otherwise the erotic spark isn't there. Of course, we're all eager readers who suspend disbelief, but as writers, we have to help make that happen.

I particularly admire the authors who succeed in doing this with elements of outright magic or fantasy in the story, but I'm not ready to try that yet.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options