The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to mslworshipper's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:04 PM

mslworshipper
Send a message via Yahoo to mslworshipper Send a message via Skype™ to mslworshipper
Wii Fit Training

Although I am waiting for someone who can help me to grow (see the thread "Help Me Grow 2" in the personals section), I just received a Wii Fit for the holidays.

Yesterday, I did my first fit test and currently I weigh about 205 pounds with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 32 which says that I am considered obese with a fit age of 50 (I am actually 50 years old).

My goal is to lose 22 pounds in 3 months with a workout routine and thinking about investing in Nutrisystem.

I will update my progress every week...
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Slevin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:21 AM

Slevin is on a distinguished road
Check the reviews on nutrisystem. It ends up being around ~250 per month and the average time people stay on it is 9.5 weeks. Most (read: all) of the food is reprocessed and high in sodium. (Sodium = increased water retention).

You are much better off with something like weight watchers and a steady exercise routine. If there is one thing I have noticed, it's that the people who walk for an hour everyday end up doing much better than those who run for 5 minutes, exhaust themselves and have such a negative experience they can't force themselves to come back for a week..

Again, just my opinion but please do some research on diet and exercise and decide what is best for you. Good Luck!
  #3   Add to mslworshipper's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 8th, 2009, 04:45 PM

mslworshipper
Send a message via Yahoo to mslworshipper Send a message via Skype™ to mslworshipper
One Week Later...

I am trying to be consistent in doing the body test everyday as it says too. (I wish I could do a better workout routine the same way.)

After one week, I am down about 1.5 lbs and my fit age is 40. I did gain weight during New Years (damn the chips, dip, crackers, and cheese) but I have managed to get back to the routine (finally).

I have decided to hold off with the Nutrisystem because my budget is tight and I have to get tires (my current tires have almost 79,000 miles). However, I am going back to another weight loss program again but made some modifications since the program is no longer in our area.

I will update again next Wednesday...

Thank you for your support and suggestions that everyone has made. If you have any more suggestions, please let me know.
  #4   Add to strappinstud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:32 PM
*Results may vary.

strappinstud is on a distinguished road
Maybe this will help with motivation:

The GayGamer.net 2009 Wii Fitness Challenge

'So, here is my challenge! [This is not me - I just happened to stumble on this website.] I have gone out and purchased a Wii Fit and I plan on dropping 40 lbs. I'm sure there are others out there who wish to do the same thing and Wii Fit or not, you too can join in on the challenge. Of course if you do have one it makes things much easier, but this is really all about getting healthy. I have started a group in our forums called "The GayGamer.net 2009 Wii Fit Challenge." Anyone who is interested can sign up and we will use the forum as a place to meet weekly and post our Wii-Fit results, share pictures of our progress and help encourage each other to keep trying for our goals. Whoever loses the most weight by the end of the challenge (date to be determined) will win a fabulous prize (prizes to be determined)! Prizes will be given out for most weight loss in both categories: with and without Wii Fit.'

http://gaygamer.net/2009/01/the_gayg...wii_fit_c.html

and here is the dude that inspired the contest as he was able to successfully use Wii to lose weight:

http://gaygamer.net/2008/12/wootinis...r_wii_f_2.html
I hope this helps.
  #5   Add to mslworshipper's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 4th, 2009, 02:44 PM

mslworshipper
Update 2/4/09

Thank you Strappinstud for the websites. I have been looking at them and putting them to good use.

According to the Wii Fit, today was my 38th day. It should be actually my 34th day because I was out of town for a funeral and I had a sick cat (long story).

Currently I weigh 199 (finally below the 200 mark!!!) and my "fit age" average is around 30.

I have been doing more of the balance games and the aerobic activities rather than the strength training and yoga. Eventually I will be doing them once I get better balance and flexability.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciative. As for pictures, it will be a while before I will post. Thanks...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options