The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to jonorono's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2009, 09:33 AM

jonorono is on a distinguished road
Question Whey Protein and bulking up and losing fat! Questions...

Hi Guys,

I havent posted on here in well over a year - dont know whether anyone will remember me at all?!!

I stopped going to the gym a couple years ago as it got so expensive and work commitments just kmeant that I wasnt going enough to justify the money spent...

I bought more home gym type stuff but never got into it much and want to get into it again!!

I am also looking at loosing weight (fat) and gaining muscle (obviously!!) I dont know whether there are any pics of me on previous threads but I have filled out a little bit since then...still got the belly and want to get rid of that as a matter of urgency!!!!

The reason why I have posted in this section is that I have never ever ever taken any form of supplements and now I am starting to get really serious about changing the shae of my body... I dont want to be super big beyond recognition but I do want a goo set of arms shoulders and pecs!!! (desperately!!) my ideal body would be something along these lines....

Bulky, thick, rounded and manly!! haha... a littel bit far fetched but anythings possible I guess!!!

I have started in the past couple of days to take whey protein as I have read that this is a must for building muscle.... I had not bad muscles before from just working out and not taking anything but its a slow process and I notices that for my body size by biceps for example would look great on a slim guy but look puney on me...get my drift?

I thought then maybe the key was to just lose some weight then i may feel different but I am keen to enlarge at the same time as losing my gut!

I am currently taking 2xscoops of body fortress whey protein with 250ml of skimmed milk in the morning and one early eve... and post workout (so everyother day an extra dose..) the scoops are 25g and contain 17.6g protein...so basically my question is, is this enough protein a day to make me bulk up a bit???

17.6*2=35.2g per serving
x2 a day= 70.4g protein per day
or and extra 35.2g on workout days... =105.6g

I hear it goes by your body weight somehow??

I am 5'9 ish and 15stone5

I know this is a bit of a technical question but its not worth doing if I am not doing it right....I have always steered away from suppliments as i wanted to do it *all on my own* I would never use drugs like steroids but I have given in to protein...i feel like a cheat!

Would you say most people with half decent bulky bods use some kind of supplement?

Anyways enough of me ranting...any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers boys,
jono X
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to jonorono's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2009, 10:53 AM

by camera is playing up so recent photos will follow very very soon!! sorry....older ones just to refresh your memories are at http://jonorono.tripod.com/

ta!
  #3   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:32 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
ok your 5-6 15 stone (210 lbs or 95.45 kg) what you didnt put in what your current protein, carb and fat intake per day. So your question while you may think its difficult to answer isnt if you can provied that information. when you provied that answer also with yoru goal then it will be failrly simple.
  #4   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:33 AM

ok your 5-9 15 stone (210 lbs or 95.45 kg) what you didnt put in what your current protein, carb and fat intake per day. So your question while you may think its difficult to answer isnt if you can provied that information. when you provied that answer also with yoru goal then it will be failrly simple. if you have a particular weight or size in mind please give that as well also if you can tell your workout split that is impt also.
  #5   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Writer and Lifter

xythan_shadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xythan_shadow Send a message via Yahoo to xythan_shadow
Also, don't think of Whey as a supplement. Think of it more like food. It's just an easily assessable form of what you should be taking in already. Ask any serious lifter/builder and they will tell you that whey is one thing that they will always want in their cabinets.
  #6   Add to jonorono's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2009, 04:17 PM

to be honest i dont really know my daily intake of what you are asking - i try to keep my cals below 2500 per day to try and burn off some fat...dont know what current protein intake it disregarding supplement...
I just train everyother day at home for roughly an hour to 1.5 hrs... All free weights mixture of excercises and reps and weight... how specific do you want me to be? Ideally i need to show you my most recent photos which i will have up tomorrow hopefully... you can see my old ones at the address mentioned above... I am sbout 16cms biceps want a couple more inches on them and round off those shoulders and define pecs... Not overy bothered about torso (apart from the fat loss) just want to bulk up my chest shoulders and arms....!
  #7   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2009, 06:45 AM

well your micronutreients are more important that how many cals your getting. your micro nutreients such as proteins, carbs and fats. if there arent correct then your calories will be correct. you have to plan your meals that way if you expect to achieve your goals. let me know if you need help.
  #8   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2009, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOEY View Post
well your micronutreients are more important than how many cals your getting. your micro nutreients such as proteins, carbs and fats. if there arent correct then your calories will not be correct. you have to plan your meals that way if you expect to achieve your goals. let me know if you need help.
sorry for the typos above
  #9   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Writer and Lifter

xythan_shadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xythan_shadow Send a message via Yahoo to xythan_shadow
Also, one last thing. Bulking up and losing fat at the same time is REALLY hard to do. They are in essence, two mutually exclusive things. To lose fat, you generally have to expend more energy than you are taking in and to bulk, you have to have a little more so your body can repair and grow.

It's not impossible, but only a very very few genetically gifted people can get significantly bigger while losing body fat. I would suggest you focus on one task at a time, especially if you're new at nutrition and dieting.
  #10   Add to jonorono's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2009, 01:01 PM

just lost a massive post I took too long and it logged me off !!

in essence I was just going to take BIGJOEY's offer of help! and anyone else for that matter...I realise losing fat while gaining muscle is difficult...

my new pics are up here now....[COLOR=red]http://img72.imageshack.us/gal.php?[/COLOR][COLOR=red]g=sdc10875.jpg[/COLOR]

old ones are still here...
[COLOR=#008000]jonorono.tripod.com/[/COLOR]

Feel like the Whey protein is working slowly, my muscles feel harder and slightly bigger!! haha

X

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options