The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to leedwards2005's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 16th, 2009, 02:15 PM

leedwards2005 is on a distinguished road
Growing Pains

Has anyone has a [COLOR=yellow]REAL[/COLOR] "Growing Pains" ?

I was very short .

I remembered as a teenager , I went through a growth spurt around 14 or 15 . During which , I had severe fevers . Each lasted about a week . My body ached from head to toe . The slightest movement was very painful .

I recalled one time after my growth spurt that my wifebeater was very tight . Now I wasn't very atheletic at the time so the feeling was weird . I got up one night . Looking at my reflection , my pecs were starting to grow . I had no abs but was very surprised by this . I flexed my tight wifebeater and smiled .

Soon I outgrew it and had to find a new one .

Later in my late teens , I had another "growing pains" . I got taller . My physique was lacking as muscle mass didn't pack on .

I now stand at 5'9'' and still working on my physique .
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to bulkinupbig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 17th, 2009, 11:19 AM

bulkinupbig
Growing Pains

I had wanted to work out with weights when I was just 12 or 13, but my parents thought I would hurt myself and get a hernia. So, instead I did hundreds of pushups, chinups and situps daily in my basement. And it worked at helping to transform my physique into a complete mesomorph.

At 14 I started to grow taller and shot up to 6 feet tall by the time I was 15 or so. I remember walking home from school (approx. 2 mile walk) and my legs would ache. The pain would be throbbing at my knees and ankles so much so that I would have to lie down.

My parents took me to see a doctor and he attributed it to gaining six inches in height in such a short period of time.

bulkinupbig
  #3   Add to growingbigger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 29th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Growing Wolverine

growingbigger is on a distinguished road
I believe you can get these "growing pains" when you gain muscle as well. I went from 130 to 214 over the last 10 years, and I can remember times where my body would literally ache, and I would have to continually stretch every 5-10 minutes. It really felt like I was literally growing right there. I tend to believe that was exactly what I was feeling.
  #4   Add to musclegod's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:12 PM

musclegod is on a distinguished road
I still get growing pains. Whenever I have a growth spurt I start aching alot. Recently, it's been my legs and back and shoulders.
  #5   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:14 AM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by musclegod View Post
I still get growing pains. Whenever I have a growth spurt I start aching alot. Recently, it's been my legs and back and shoulders.
MuscleGod, with your stats, you must ache a LOT, you are big! And with those measurements i.e. 58 chest and 34 waist, that deserves a pic exhibit! Show us some pics, PLEASE!

D
  #6   Add to Blake's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 30th, 2009, 05:08 AM
A wanabe be muscled chav

Blake is on a distinguished road
Pains...

This goes on a bit........ So Sorry...

As a kid I was never the tallest of the group at school or with friends, but when I was around 10 until about 13 or 14 I guess, I used to get regular pains in my chest, shoulders, arms, knees and ankles. These were crippling pains too which would last from anything from 5 minutes to an hour. In this time I was getting taller and it was always put down to "Growing Pains" by the doctor.
It was then that I took up running and played a little rugby at school as my build meant that I had the strength stamina for long distance running (cross country) and in rugby I was a mean tackler too and it was something I enjoyed at the time too, being the shortest but able to fell the tallest ones was fun..... always.
I left school at 17 and was around 5' 6 but had a very solid stocky build. When I started work doing the job I still do 20 years later I gained about another 6 inches in heigth and the stocky build still remains, (well the belly does in any case ... I do recall having problems with my major joints, knees, shoulders, and my hands especially used to hurt alot too. I finally settled on being 6 foot tall in around 1993 after just turning 21 years old I guess.
So I can sympathise with anyone who went through them, for me they wern't very pleasant at times.
On a completely different matter altogether, it was after the initial growing pains I had, I developed Tinitus (ringing/sounds/high pitched noises etc...) in my ears and that's something I have lived with for well over 20 years too.
But that's another story...

Last edited by Blake; May 30th, 2009 at 05:09 AM. Reason: adding text and corrections
  #7   Add to musclegod's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 2nd, 2009, 07:53 PM

musclegod is on a distinguished road
Last night I got back from the gym. After dinner of steak and rice I started to feel a little hypoglycemic from low blood sugar. The next thing I knew I ate a box of cereal, a tub of yogurt with blueberries and half a liter of coke. Afterward I could feel my muscles tightening up from the large carb load. I was in such pain as the muscle filled up like a balloon inside the facia. I went to bed and was so immobile from my inflated muscles that I couldn't roll over or place my arms over my head. Today I'm still tight and stiff from the large carb load from yesterday. I think this qualifies as growing pains!
  #8   Add to gogr2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 20th, 2009, 12:52 AM

Location: Home: California Coast; Currently Stationed: Ft Hood, TX
gogr2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gogr2 Send a message via Yahoo to gogr2 Send a message via Skype™ to gogr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by musclegod View Post
Last night I got back from the gym. After dinner of steak and rice I started to feel a little hypoglycemic from low blood sugar. The next thing I knew I ate a box of cereal, a tub of yogurt with blueberries and half a liter of coke. Afterward I could feel my muscles tightening up from the large carb load. I was in such pain as the muscle filled up like a balloon inside the facia. I went to bed and was so immobile from my inflated muscles that I couldn't roll over or place my arms over my head. Today I'm still tight and stiff from the large carb load from yesterday. I think this qualifies as growing pains!
After seeing you today... I am amazed at your size. You must have looked immense that day. Wish I were there.
  #9   Add to grywlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 19th, 2010, 10:53 AM

grywlf is on a distinguished road
having 2 very tall parents i was always the tallest not only in my class but usally in the school and it seemed to come in spurts one summer i grew a bit to fast and devolped knee problems i had to wear a brace to correct my kneecap alignment in the summer after 7th grade i hated it i'm now 6ft5 and still have knee pain my mother is 6 ft and my dad was 6ft7
  #10   Add to visionsofruin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 22nd, 2010, 12:40 AM

visionsofruin is on a distinguished road
My boyfriend says he's "cursed" with growing pains. He gets them all the time but never gets taller. One time he got them in the middle of the night, and it was so bad he couldn't stand up. So he crawled down the stairs to get some pain killers.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options