The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to smallboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 8th, 2009, 06:08 AM

smallboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to smallboy
Neighbour

Hello. I'm smallboy, and um, before I begin, since this is my first time writing I'll write a bit about myself first. I'm a 24 y/o chinese, and I'm from Malaysia. I came across this forum when searching the net for topics on musclegrowth. I must say it's an interesting place.

Well, what made me interested in musclegrowth? I've always been skinny and small, and always admired guys with muscles. But it never really occured to me to be one myself. Probably just in fantasies. Until now..

In my neighbourhood, there's this guy the same age as me. We went to the same secondary school together, but we never spoke much to each other. I remember when we were really young, we went to the same tuition together, and we were on friendly enough terms, but I guess I didn't really get along with him, and we haven't really spoken much since.

Anyway, about 3 years ago, I went off to uni to study. Whenever I came home for holidays I noticed he was still staying in our neighbourhood. Never really thought to ask him what he was doing. I was so tired of always being compared to other people, I just wanted to get on with my life without comparing myself with others anymore.

Around the same time, he started jogging. He was arguably thinner than me, but much taller. Whenever he passed by my house while I was outside we'd occasionally nod or smile in acknowledgement.

Yeah, time passed, and as I grew more frustrated with my course of choice, I couldn't help but notice whenever I got back home for holidays, he was jogging faster, better, longer, and he was showing more confidence.

As time went on, I got more and more frustrated with my uni life, while whenever I came back, I saw my neighbour getting fitter, and the loose shirts and trackpants didn't so loose anymore.

Finally, last year, I stopped my course. I sorta went into a depression and really, the whole of last year is like a bad dream.

And then this year, Chinese New Year reunion dinner. My extended family (lotsa people) had a gathering in my neighbourhood, and the family of my neighbour was invited, as usual, being family friends. My neighbour himself arrived late. Apparently he was working as a trainer in a newly opened gym. When he arrived everyone was shocked.

He was huge! Considering he was still almost the same size as me the previous year, he was like I dunno something out of this world. I'd never seen so much muscle in my life

That's when I went shit shit shit. What had I been doing the whole last year? Practically nothing, trying to find my feet again, picking up the pieces of my shattered soul. And here, this guy whom I've known practically my whole life has changed so much, and become what I have always admired and secretly wanted. A muscle hunk. Shitshitshit

That's when I decided to change myself. Hopefully by next CNY reunion dinner. Can't stand to go through another dinner with everyone admiring muscleman. Problem is, I have no aptitude for sports or physical demands, and my budget's really limited. Plus,... my dad's not really supportive on this one... it's pretty demoralising...

Half a year left. And he's probably still growing. What's frustrating is, I don't think I can change, he's growing bigger, and I... guess I'm lusting after all that muscle. He's like a rival to me, and I want to beat him! But at the same time, i feel attracted to him. His stride, his huge pecs, his rock shoulders, his arms.

ARRGGGH!!!

What's really troubling me is yeah, all these years I've been attracted to muscle. But coming across this site and my recent experiences really made me wonder about my sexuality... I'm starting to fantasize about my neighbour, and then later I feel ... can't find proper description..

Sigh. That's it for now, until next year. He's gonna be bigger. I want to be big too. Bigger than him if possible. If anyone can give me some advice or help, it'd be really much appreciated.

By the way anyone from Malaysia as well? And I wonder my neighbour joins this forum? Hey, if you're seeing this, ...
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 8th, 2009, 06:56 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
You can grow plenty of muscle without ever touching a weight (although it helps) or joining a gym (although it helps.) It's all about resistance training and push ups, chin ups, pull ups, dips, squats, and calf raises are all things you can do just using the weight of your own body. All you have to do is EAT and eat A LOT. Do it and you'll grow.

So let's see how far you can get in 6 months, OK? It's just the beginning. You have many years in front of you. And remember: Don't compare yourself to him--compare yourself to when you started, OK?

All the best & keep us posted...

Richard
  #3   Add to smallboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 8th, 2009, 07:52 AM

"Don't compare yourself to him--compare yourself to when you started"

Ok. I'll try to remember that. Thank you, Richard. Eating a lot might be a problem.. first off, dunno whether I'm eating enough/right, but I have been trying to eat more. Well, one year of not doing anything seems to have made me a bit flabby around the midsection. I hadn't noticed until recently. Is it really possible to bulk up without accumulating much fat?
  #4   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 8th, 2009, 08:19 AM

If you increase your activity level without increasing your calories you will slim down. If you do resistance exercises and add calories you will build muscle. Will you be able to gain weight and without gaining some fat? Probably not, unless you're one of those lucky guys who always stay lean, no matter how much they gain. Usually this is no big deal since the muscle gains will overshadow the fat gains. And you can always diet down later.

Eating "clean" is usually the best way to make sure your gains are good. Cut on the junk food, sweetened drinks, and stuff like that. Make sure you have equal measures of proteins, starches, and veggies. Eat smaller meals several times (5-6) per day. There are a jillion diets out there but look for ones that tell you how to calculate caloric intake, then *plan* your meals accordingly. If you add 500-1000 calories per day, you'll grow!

One other thing: Get plenty of rest.

I'm sure others (much more knowledgeable than I am) will chime in at some point!

xoxo

Richard
  #5   Add to Aikuchi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Always a fan.

Aikuchi is on a distinguished road
---

Whassup

I'm in PJ

---
  #6   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:16 AM

newmus is on a distinguished road
ask him to help you get big "like him". it sounds like you guys are friendly so maybe this will open things up for a nice friendship.
  #7   Add to Kevinh's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:39 AM

Kevinh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmus View Post
ask him to help you get big "like him". it sounds like you guys are friendly so maybe this will open things up for a nice friendship.
Totally agree. Tell him you'd like him to train you, but that you don't have much money -- he might give you a deal, or help you make the most of what you can do without a gym membership, or get you guest passes to his gym, or figure out that you are an admirer and that he kinda likes having one, etc. etc.

All sorts of possibilities are right on your doorstep. You just have to take them. Or let them pass by.
  #8   Add to smallboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinh View Post
Totally agree. Tell him you'd like him to train you, but that you don't have much money -- he might give you a deal, or help you make the most of what you can do without a gym membership, or get you guest passes to his gym, or figure out that you are an admirer and that he kinda likes having one, etc. etc.

All sorts of possibilities are right on your doorstep. You just have to take them. Or let them pass by.

Hmm... wow.... gotta steel myself... I have no idea what kind of reaction I might get.
  #9   Add to smallboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikuchi View Post
---

Whassup

I'm in PJ

---
Hi

I'm in jb. I studied for a while in KL, though.
  #10   Add to Aikuchi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Always a fan.

---

How's life in JB?
I've always thought those muscle guys from Singapore would cross the borders often enough for gum and what-nots . Am I far from the truth

The fascination and drive to get / be / worship muscle is more prevalent that you think in good ol' M'sia. I just think its in-bred into the culture not to speak overtly of desires. But much evidence exists if you only look at the commercial gyms that seem to have sprung out of the woodwork, bursting in the past few years and the intensity of men (young and old) that swing through the gates! lol!

But I feel, espeically for myself, its more personal.
It really about doing something for yourself (altho' having friendly competition to motivate ne'er would hurt ). But its tough i guess .... especially when you can't really share / confide in the desire to grow

---
  #11   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2009, 11:12 AM

PJ = Petaling Jaya?
JB = Johor Bahru?

Just curious. SE Australia is as close as I've ever been to SE Asia!

xoxo

Richard
  #12   Add to smallboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
PJ = Petaling Jaya?
JB = Johor Bahru?
Hey, your geography is good! Hmm, I have noticed there have been more... um, 'branded' gyms opening in main cities in M'sia. But I guess admiring muscle is still something no one really talks openly about here. I dunno, at least so far that's what I noticed. But still.. yeah, staying in JB means Singapore is always there to remind us what life could have been on the other side of the grass. For one thing, they have better TV programming. And well, I have to go to S'pore every once in a while for various reasons, and from what I can see, S'poreans are more... modern, VERY competitive, and materialistic. The younger generation also appear obsessed with appearances. Couple that with the National Service all male citizens are required to go through, that makes a lot of S'pore guys quite buff. What I think is, they are nice to look at (both girls and boys, not all, but some), but strike me (and most of my Malaysian friends) as - sorry to say - somewhat shallow. They may be intelligent, but.. ngeh. Just my thoughts. Feel free to prove me wrong.
  #13   Add to Kevinh's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2009, 07:29 PM

Kevinh is on a distinguished road
This conversation got me curious about national differences with regards to attitudes about muscle. As with all things, no need to wonder, the answers are on the interwebs. See this link, for example:

http://www.google.com/insights/searc...worship&cmpt=q

To summarize for those too lazy to click, it lists the countries where the search term "muscle worship" is the most popular. In this case, the top 5 countries are:

1) Singapore
2) USA
3) Philippines
4) Malaysia
5) UK

So it looks like the Singaporian, Pinoy, and Malay guys are harboring thoughts not all that different from their peers in the US and UK.

Hmmm, I wonder how many whips of the cane are involved if you get caught fondling a hot Singaporean muscle guy?

* looks up ticket prices to S'pore... *

Last edited by Kevinh; April 9th, 2009 at 07:46 PM.
  #14   Add to Aikuchi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 10th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Always a fan.

I would have figured the Korean's someplace in the top five though I'm not surpised by the rankings as it is anyways

Oh and I've heard about them Singaporeans! LOL! To be honest, I know ... well I don't know any Singaporeans, though do I have any friends of that nationality - so I can't say what I think of them in general, because I dont

And I'm all for shallowness in hot strangers as long as I still have my true friends with me .

---
  #15   Add to malaysiabber's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2009, 02:26 PM

malaysiabber is on a distinguished road
I am a Malaysian and from pj too... I am a big guy and need a little help staying motivated. Let me know if you are interested for a worship session
  #16   Report Post  
Old September 20th, 2009, 02:49 AM
pirate

Deleted post

Last edited by pirate; August 27th, 2011 at 06:46 AM.
  #17   Add to kezzz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 21st, 2009, 07:24 AM

kezzz is on a distinguished road
From Kuching, but migrated to Christchurch NZ 17 years ago. I still do visit Malaysia/Kuching every couple years.

MalaysiaBBer, you're sounded intriguing, sure wish a chance to worship muscles... don't get much of any opportunity here in Christchurch - no ideas where all big muscled dudes are!
  #18   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 21st, 2009, 08:40 AM

suma is on a distinguished road
haven't you heard of Justin Rhys from NZ? he's very big and totally into getting big as possible, even did time in jail for it, came out and got right back into bbing, like the jail thing was a minor bump in the road.
  #19   Add to chimera88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 12th, 2009, 03:54 PM

chimera88 is on a distinguished road
lolZ

i am from PJ as well and that situation seems to mirror what i am experiencing, got this neighbour of mine who swims and bodybuilds as well....XDD.....but i didnt go into depression and dropped out of uni.....

greetings from M'sia, didnt expect to see so many Msians here..
  #20   Add to kezzz's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 12th, 2009, 07:19 PM

kezzz is on a distinguished road
I have heard of him... but he's in Wellington. I got him on my Facebook friend. Though that doesn't mean I can ball on over and catch up with him like "ol'friend" as we clearly are not in the same league and let alone friend in same level mate.
  #21   Add to smallboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 16th, 2009, 01:08 AM

Haven't been back to this in a long time. Finally getting out of the worst depths of depression. Starting going to gym again. Hope I can make it in time by CNY 2010.

Happily, though I haven't made as much progress as I liked, a few friends were surprised when we met again after 1 year +. Said I had 'buffed up'. Naturally, quite happy with that... hehe. An uncle of mine also actually commented on my chest looking bigger compared to skinny old me, and felt it. Unexpected, a bit creepy, but nice.

New Year is coming. Gotta grow.
  #22   Add to chimera88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:20 PM

chimera88 is on a distinguished road
dont mean to be crazy but should we all M'sian gather somewhere and worship each other, since alot of PJ ppl here.....XDD
  #23   Add to smallboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 30th, 2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimera88 View Post
dont mean to be crazy but should we all M'sian gather somewhere and worship each other, since alot of PJ ppl here.....XDD
Haha! But right now i got no muscles to worship... let's see how it goes...
  #24   Add to Jack of Blades's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 1st, 2010, 07:36 PM

Jack of Blades is on a distinguished road
Just thought I'd interject my humble thoughts

Small boy, well done on the gains, dude! Best of luck on getting big for CNY! I'm sure you'll wow everyone. Even buff neighbour.

I knew a singaporean guy once. And being over in the South West of England, it's not a common thing. He was head of security for my college, and was a prison guard back in Singapore. This guy was HUGE! Absolutely massive! Just a ball of muscle. Sadly, he beat up one of the students and was arrested and deported.

As for all those hot muscular Malays, Singaporeans and Pinoy.... WAAAH!!! I WANTS SOME PRIME ASIAN BEEF!!! Clearly I've got to emigrate out East.

"So did I, which at least proved I wasn't. Then I decided I was a lemon for a while. I kept myself amused jumping in and out of a Gin and Tonic."

"Where did you find a Gin and Tonic?"

"Weell.. I didn't. I found a small lake that thought it was a Gin and Tonic and jumped in and out of that. At least I think it thought it was a Gin and Tonic."

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options