The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Community > Chat Buddies
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Chat Buddies Meet fellow muscle growth fans who want to chat online.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to stoker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 2nd, 2009, 02:09 PM

stoker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stoker
Stronger ? super strenght ?

Who like to grow super strong ? Or who like to chat about super strenght ? Rock hard muscles ?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to collegeboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:35 PM
JSTFSC

collegeboy
Send a message via Yahoo to collegeboy
I do, love moving a building with one finger!
  #3   Add to Lionor_King's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 2nd, 2009, 05:08 PM
Muscle beast

Lionor_King is on a distinguished road
MM yeah thats my fav right there tossing cars flexing crushing buildings and laughing at all the weaklings mmmm bones me right up
  #4   Add to nobody12381's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2009, 09:31 AM

nobody12381 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nobody12381
That's right up my alley. Contact me on Yahoo. [email protected]
________
Property For Sale Pattaya Thailand

Last edited by nobody12381; September 11th, 2011 at 03:30 PM.
  #5   Add to stoker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 9th, 2009, 02:59 PM

Why is it so difficult to find people who like to grow stronger ???
  #6   Add to Daarin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 14th, 2009, 09:28 AM

Daarin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Daarin
I love Superstrength, so you could try to contact me at daarin17 (yahoo)
  #7   Add to stoker's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 15th, 2009, 01:06 PM

Wow ... always great chats :-)
  #8   Add to nobody12381's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:37 PM

nobody12381 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nobody12381
Add me too! [email protected]
________
Prilosec Settlement Info

Last edited by nobody12381; September 11th, 2011 at 03:30 PM.
  #9   Add to Shahrazad2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 14th, 2012, 02:36 PM

Shahrazad2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoker View Post
Why is it so difficult to find people who like to grow stronger ???
Superstrength is a remarkably popular ability in literature and movies, but fairly less so in people's minds. I myself prefer powers like metamorphs, healing (others and self), flight (winged or non), weather control, etc, but I can see the advantage and awesomeness of someone who is just incredibly strong and resistant to damage/invulnerable, whether they're incredibly muscular as well, or whether they're not (anyone read Runaways? Molly Hayes, despite being a 13 year old girl in a goofy hat, is probably my favorite superstrong character ever... and the characters of Xavin, Lucy-in-the-Sky/Karolina, Sister Grimm/Nico, Gert/Arsenic and Old Lace are pretty awesome as well).

That said, awhile back I was on this kick about interviewing all my friends, classmates, etc, and seeing what they thought were the superpowers they most wanted... I don't think superstrength ever came up. In fact, most of the choices were spectacularly lacking in imagination (flight, invisibility, telepathy, telekinesis were by far the most common choices). I'm not sure why this is... though I suspect the invisibility part comes from our culture's peculiar desire to check out others getting undressed in private settings. Flight is understandable, though I was disappointed to learn that relatively few people thought that winged flight was equal to simply flying. The telekinesis and telepathy thing stems from two culprits, in my opinion: Jean Grey, and Mewtwo. Nevermind the fact that both of these characters are insanely powerful and don't actually represent a believable level of psychic power and the variations thereof, instead being a deus ex machina for "we just know they can do anything they want, and we're going to agree with that because we don't want to go into how that's possible, so we're going to say "it's psychic" because we don't feel like weirding anyone out with cosmic powers". Ugh, sorry for the tangent.

Anyway, I think that physical super strength and invulnerability both need some sort of theme to go with them in order to make them believable superpowers (and not, say, godlike abilities, which really make a character more difficult to relate to). Fairchild from Gen13 is a nerdy girl who suddenly turned into an amazon and burst out of her clothes... but she's still incredibly smart as well. The Beast was agile and clever and feral even when he was mostly human-looking. The Hulk (and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen version of Mr. Hyde) are ethomorphs, people who change shape and abilities with appropriate changes in attitude and personality and identity. Molly Hayes/Bruiser/Princess Powerful is an adorable little girl whose superstrength and invulnerability powers (perhaps the result of some form of telekinesis) wear her out, leaving her asleep after prolonged or repeated use. Colossus turns himself to steel. Juggernaut is a human engine of destruction. Captain America is the quintessential American hero. Rogue gained superstrength from Ms. Marvel after permanently draining her powers and memories. Strong Guy is a big lovable wise-cracking bodyguard. Iron and the Maiden features Michael Iron, an alternate-universe version of the 1930's ex-mob enforcer on a new brand of publicly accepted superstrength steroids trying to escape the mob with the help of the extremely agile "maiden" Angel Chase. Frenzy is a former follower of Magneto with a lot of anger and self-control issues. Buffy hunts vampires and other things that go bump in the night while trying to be a high school student. The father from No Ordinary Family is a family man who suddenly has his dream granted to him. Superman is superman. Wonderwoman gets into bondage situations a lot. Hulkling is the shapeshifting superstrong green child of two different alien heroes/royalty, raised in the human world, and in a gay relationship with Magneto's spellcasting grandson. The Thing is trapped in a rocky form, but still is one of the coolest characters in the Fantastic Four. Etc, etc, etc.

However, it should be noted that ALL characters need a theme or gimmick in order to make them worth reading or watching in movies, not just superstrong ones. Nobody would be as interested in Magneto if he was just a some guy with magnetic powers. Instead, he had to survive the holocaust, watch his daughter die in front of him, lose his wife (and two unborn children), struggle with his love/hate relationship with Professor Xavier, lead a group of mutant terrorists, scrap that plan and join the X-men, regress in age, turn into a villain again, lead a group of mutants who worshipped him as a savior, etc. What makes Superstrong characters need to stand out, however, is that we seem really drawn to them... they're more often the center of attention than their elemental, psychic, shapeshifting, teleporting, or other allies or enemies. They're in the midst of the fray, they were the heroes who most often dive into burning buildings to rescue victims, they're the monsters who are hardest to defeat and who tower over everyone else, etc. There's something about someone with superstrength that humans just seem to appreciate more than some other powers.
  #10   Add to WolfInSpace's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 10th, 2012, 02:09 AM

WolfInSpace is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to WolfInSpace
I'm also into strength. Have a read of my story in the other section, it's called "Break and Enter". Would love to chat sometime.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options