You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to indiemuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:37 AM

indiemuscle is on a distinguished road
bodybuilders and good looks

Right I've noticed with the many bodybuilding images posted on this site that so many have bonerific, jaw dropping muscles and physiques that i could jack off forever!

but

They're ugly
Why can't bodbuilders keep their youthful looks, model liek faces? I love a drop dead gorgeous model just as much as I love muscles so why not combine the two? Imagine a hot young cheekboned, dark shaggy haired model but with one huge ripped hairy body!

I wish there were more bodybuilders that looked like this morph>>

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6716/mjpalmer9311.jpg

obviously without the unrealistically huge cock sadly

Also what is it with bodybuilders and shaved heads? I much prefer them to have nice shaggy or floppy hair, with a rugged face it looks so hot!

what are your thoughts guys?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to indiemuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:38 AM

hmm i'll try embedding the image again

[IMG=http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6716/mjpalmer9311.jpg][/IMG]
  #3   Add to musqlure's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:35 PM

musqlure is on a distinguished road
I think that the reason for both problems you cite is steroid use, combined with the extreme diet to which bodybuilders must adhere. Steroids will cause bodybuilders to lose body fat by increasing lean muscle mass. Obviously, bodybuilders also eat very carefully to lower their body fat content. The result of this is the kind of gaunt, wasted face that you'll see on many professional bodybuilders.

I also suspect that many shave their heads because of the hair loss caused by steroid use. No one can tell you're going bald if you keep your head shaved.
  #4   Add to Gene's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2009, 05:44 PM

Gene is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by musqlure View Post

I also suspect that many shave their heads because of the hair loss caused by steroid use. No one can tell you're going bald if you keep your head shaved.

Yep, the men in my family never lose their hair. The entire line of men for several generations have full heads of hair in their grave. Except me. I was nearly 50 and still had a beautiful head of hair. Then for a period of a few months about 10 years ago I took doctor prescribed testosterone replacment therapy and I now have a very significant "high forehead" and bald spot. Only guy in my family to go bald. I think I see a connection.
  #5   Add to viamanmax's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2009, 06:04 PM

viamanmax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to viamanmax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Yep, the men in my family never lose their hair. The entire line of men for several generations have full heads of hair in their grave. Except me. I was nearly 50 and still had a beautiful head of hair. Then for a period of a few months about 10 years ago I took doctor prescribed testosterone replacment therapy and I now have a very significant "high forehead" and bald spot. Only guy in my family to go bald. I think I see a connection.
Due to the nature of the gene which determines baldness, you should look to your mothers father to determine what your hair should be like.
  #6   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:11 AM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
LOL!! This is funny.....

And ironic!

Hey guys, and Indie, listen up!

If you prefer guys with full heads of hair, then that's your perogative. But let me clue you in on something..bald doesn't necessarily mean ugly. On the contrary it can be very beautiful, as there are also some real beasts running loose out there with full heads of hair. So, to equate bald/shaved head bodybuilders as not attractive is just plain silly/absurd/dumb.

And yes, an over-abundance of testosterone can cause hair loss (and fortunately with me a horny streak a mile long and some huge to the point of painful hard-ons ) and yes it is sometimes easier to just shave the damn hair off than field off those stupid "are you losing your hair?" questions.

Now, to all of you shaved head bodybuilders out there: have you noticed that with the shaved head that the rest of your body seems to look larger? I know when I shaved my head, the day afterwards a gym regular asked me what had I been doing because I looked bigger! LOL!!

So, if you like a full head of hair, more power to you. But if you also get into the shaved head big bodybuilder, that's the ticket too!

Viva La Difference!

D

Last edited by Lifter73; August 17th, 2009 at 01:17 AM.
  #7   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:34 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
<< swoon >>

I want to rub LIfter73's head!

xoxo

Richard
  #8   Add to indiemuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2009, 02:26 AM

I agree that bald does not mean ugly

Its just a matter of my own personal taste and I'm afraod for me shaven heads/baldness is an instant turn off. I was just commenting on why bodybuilders with youthful looks and a full head of hair are lamentably thin on the ground
  #9   Add to nzbodybuilder's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:33 AM

nzbodybuilder is on a distinguished road
Musqlure, you can't say that just because a bodybuilder takes roids that means they're gonna look "ugly". Does that also mean every other athlete and Joe Bloggs out there on the gear will also be ugly? Would save a heap on drug testing I suppose. Just point out the fuglies and bingo, a clean start up at the Olympics!

Indie, how many male modles keep their youthful looks/jobs past 20?
Many professional bodybuilders are in their 30's and 40's. Their focus is on muscle, not how their facial features. After pushing weight at the gym for 20 years and having to strain the facial muscles each workout, the face could contort or "bulk up" a bit.
Plenty of competitive bodybuilder that I know personally, and others that I see in the mags have a full head of hair. Though as Lifter has experienced, shorter hair can make the body appear bigger. Come competition time, looking bigger on stage can mean a lot, so as to why so many competitors trim or shave their hair for competitions and/or photo shoots.

But as you said, it's a matter of personal taste. Thank goodness for photoshop, eh? Now you can make your own perfect jacking material!
  #10   Add to howardbeatman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:41 AM

howardbeatman is on a distinguished road
Adding a significant amount of muscle to your frame will also add muscle to your face. The guys who created that great muscle suit for the "rock star in the cell phone" commercial also added fake mucle to his face to make the illusion complete.

This, in combination with the fat loss noted above, makes it unlikely that you will see a real bodybuilder with model-like features.
  #11   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:29 AM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
keeping it in perspective

At the risk of sounding like I'm prostelytizing and making enemies of the body-conscious in this forum, I would like to throw a thought out there.

I saw a re-run of Dr. Phil the other evening, featuring a look at the growing (shockingly enough) trend of eating disorders among young men. There was a 15 year old boy on there who has starved and lifted his way down to 95 pounds and 2 percent bodyfat, who is literally "dying to be perfect". He was no doubt spurred by the efforts of his father, who has an incredible body (the musclebear type) and is an avid lifter. This boy was bright, intelligent and had the most angelic face (emaciated though it is), but still does not feel he is good enough. He said he wears long sleeves and jeans even in the hottest weather because he cannot bear to look at his own body.

As a surivivor of bulimia myself (I weighed 99 pounds at one time), I understand wanting to be the "best little boy in the world"; I invented the concept, lol. And as much as I love interacting with guys on this forum, arguments over what's more important, great looks or a great body, kind of disturb me. Yes, I agree, my head is also turned by a pair of big bouncing pecs or sleeve busting arms. However, I think all of us need to keep in mind that very few of us (excluding the genetically gifted and those willing to put their entire lives on hold to build the 'perfect' body) will ever achieve that status. I think all of us should strive to be the best us we can be and somehow not compare ourselves to others. If I compared myself to the pictures I see of the guys on here, my self esteem would be in the toilet most of the time. I'm not saying that it isn't ok to talk about guys we think are hot or beautiful, I'm saying it's probably not the healthiest thing to over glamorize something that very few of us will ever be able to attain. I have to work on my self image all the time to keep from slipping back into old self-destructive habits. I'm just urging everyone to also consider what's on the inside of a person, because one day muscles will turn to mush (have you seen the recent beach photos of Arnold, eeeewww). However, inner beauty is for a lifetime and will be there long after the other has faded. To all the big guys out there, I love and respect all of ya, you know that. I'm just recommending we keep beauty in perspective.
  #12   Add to Gene's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2009, 07:21 PM

Gene is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by viamanmax View Post
Due to the nature of the gene which determines baldness, you should look to your mothers father to determine what your hair should be like.
I know, I did, they too all have strong hair. both sides of the family. It's the steroids (did one cycle back in the early 80's) and testosterone replacement therapy in my early 50's.
  #13   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2009, 12:01 AM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifter73 View Post
And ironic!

Hey guys, and Indie, listen up!

If you prefer guys with full heads of hair, then that's your perogative. But let me clue you in on something..bald doesn't necessarily mean ugly. On the contrary it can be very beautiful, as there are also some real beasts running loose out there with full heads of hair. So, to equate bald/shaved head bodybuilders as not attractive is just plain silly/absurd/dumb.

And yes, an over-abundance of testosterone can cause hair loss (and fortunately with me a horny streak a mile long and some huge to the point of painful hard-ons ) and yes it is sometimes easier to just shave the damn hair off than field off those stupid "are you losing your hair?" questions.

Now, to all of you shaved head bodybuilders out there: have you noticed that with the shaved head that the rest of your body seems to look larger? I know when I shaved my head, the day afterwards a gym regular asked me what had I been doing because I looked bigger! LOL!!

So, if you like a full head of hair, more power to you. But if you also get into the shaved head big bodybuilder, that's the ticket too!

Viva La Difference!

D
Hey Drew!

How's it been going? Haven't heard from you in a while and just ran across your posting!

I know what you mean, D, and don't worry, it is all about perceptions and preferences. I always think of what I used to tell people in group. Some people like chocolate, some people like vanilla. Just because someone chooses chocolate doesn't mean that vanilla is inferior, or vice versa. It is a choice! Fortunately I do not have to make that choice because I chose a wonderful guy a long time ago....and he loves my shaved head and I love his full head of hair. now, if he were to lose his hair tomorrow it wouldn't bother me a bit. Everythng on the outside is pretty damn superficial...it is what's inside that stands the test of time. Now, don't get me wrong. I DO love muscle..oh MAN do I!

Ron III---III
  #14   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:25 AM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
"Everythng on the outside is pretty damn superficial...it is what's inside that stands the test of time."

Ron, it's such a refreshing breath of air to see a beautiful guy who "gets it". So many of the bodybuilders in my area are about as deep as a tea spoon, lol.
  #15   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:14 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Given that we're (admittedly) being superficial here....

...I have to admit that I have come to the personal opinion that many pro bbers look their best around their late 20s to early 30s. They still have the appealing freshness of youth, and the amazing muscularity that makes them muscle stars.

Later, as they try to "get bigger" or "more cut" or whatever, they seem to look more sunken-eyed, bloated, wrinkly and scary.

"Beauty" is fleeting. That's why everyone is intrigued by it.

Mdlftr

Who can find something good in any age.
  #16   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:14 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Strike it and reverse it?

Here's my own philosophy on it:

It is quite true that bodybuilders don't look as good in the face when it's contest time. A lack of water, stress, strict diet, and so on will do that. But they have to to get their body to be it's peak condition for it. In and of itself that reason is why some of us prefer off-season looks, compared to contest-ready.

I view it, not in terms of seeing their muscles and then their face...but in their face, no matter what it might look like, and then see if they got a smoking hot bod. That's why I love more "average Joe" kind of muscle (aka, you guys and guys I see out in the real world) instead of just huge musclebeasts, handsome face or not.

Example (didn't happen in real life): Let's say I meet two guys in the gym. One guy seems to be average size, but the other is a massive monster of muscle, strength, and general manliness. Now I "just happen" to notice both of them in the shower after I get done with my own workout. I see the big guy certainly has nothing to hide, and everything to show...While the more average guy is certainly ripped and impressive, he's nowhere close to the the big guy in size.

Well...I would be more attracted to the smaller guy, not because I don't think I might not be able to talk to him or anything, but because the average guy is just that, average. He isn't super huge, or good looking...but I love that he isn't. I love average guys. Sometimes a lot of people tend to forget that sometimes beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not what a person is dressed up to be.

That's why I love "average muscle" more.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #17   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 19th, 2009, 12:34 AM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMM View Post
Let's say I meet two guys in the gym. One guy seems to be average size, but the other is a massive monster of muscle, strength, and general manliness. Now I "just happen" to notice both of them in the shower after I get done with my own workout. I see the big guy certainly has nothing to hide, and everything to show...While the more average guy is certainly ripped and impressive, he's nowhere close to the the big guy in size.

Well...I would be more attracted to the smaller guy, not because I don't think I might not be able to talk to him or anything, but because the average guy is just that, average. He isn't super huge, or good looking...but I love that he isn't. I love average guys.
TOTAL BS!!!! LOL!! Just jerking your chain, bud!

I know it is all about choice. And here again is where I differ. You see I am alway fascinated by the huge muscle guy. And maybe I can respect it more as I know what it takes to build a body to that extreme. And I can see "average" almost anytime, and unfortunately I see flabby and out of shape almost CONTINUOUSLY! A huge, massi ve muscle guy does it for me everytime.

And it also makes me wonder that maybe it is true that unless it is a fetish of sorts that a big muscle guy will tend to gravitate towards other big muscle guys. And that could also be the resentment that a lot of guys that are smaller in musculature exhibit towards big muscle guys (I've actually seen a few postings like that on this site, which ironically is geared towards muscle growth!).

And BTW, it really can be dangerous approaching any guy in a locker room. I saw that happen last week. Out of nowhere a huge muscle guy at my gym looked over at this smaller guy after a short verbal exchange and blurted out "get the fuck away from me NOW!". I just looked and thought that the entertainment was about to start, but the smaller guy slinked away and I doubt that he'll ever come back. Also puzzling as I know this big muscle guy and he is normally one of the nicest guys in the gym.

D
  #18   Add to middleman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 19th, 2009, 01:24 AM

middleman is on a distinguished road
Angelo Garcia, former Menudo band member

How about this for one good looking bodybuilder
  #19   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 30th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Come up 2 the lab

Thanked 1,280 Times in 508 Posts
anpuZA will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by middleman View Post

Even though it is physically impossible, I want to give birth to his children...

sorry, bit odd - but dear god, he is just insanely sexy - and as for the giving birth thing, with my brains and his looks, our kids would rule the world!
  #20   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2009, 09:44 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
And here he is on "Big Muscle.com"

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleman View Post

Here he is on Big Muscle:

http://www.bigmuscle.com/profile.pht...p=0&ob=17&ss=1

Bigums ( 131985 )

Sample quotation:
I DO NOT HAVE A PROFILE HERE IN ORDER TO ACCESS SEXUAL ENCOUNTERS AND ALTHOUGH MY PICS ARE SEXY AND PROVOCATIVE I DO NOT WANT YOU TO GET THE WRONG IDEA , IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SEX YOU ARE BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE! I'M NOT AN EASY CONQUEST!

Translation:
"Try harder!"

An ad is STILL an ad.....Whatever you're selling......

Mdlftr
  #21   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2009, 12:30 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
Here he is on Big Muscle:

http://www.bigmuscle.com/profile.pht...p=0&ob=17&ss=1

Bigums ( 131985 )

Sample quotation:
" AND ALTHOUGH MY PICS ARE SEXY AND PROVOCATIVE I DO NOT WANT YOU TO GET THE WRONG IDEA ,"

Translation:
"Try harder!"

An ad is STILL an ad.....Whatever you're selling......

Mdlftr
And exactly WHAT kind of idea are you supposed to get by looking at his pictures? How to needlepoint or play the tuba??? LOL!

And Mdlftr, you are so right with the "Translation: try harder!"

Ron III---III
  #22   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2009, 02:22 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1 View Post
And exactly WHAT kind of idea are you supposed to get by looking at his pictures? How to needlepoint or play the tuba??? LOL!

And Mdlftr, you are so right with the "Translation: try harder!"

Ron III---III
What, DBG, you've never seen improvement in your fingering and sight reading from staring at stone-cut abs and beefy chests? ;3

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options