The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to latinherc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 3rd, 2009, 03:58 PM

latinherc is on a distinguished road
Jake Gyllenhaals got muscles

Hey guys check this out he is really packing ! and dead gorgeous

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_...got_giant.html
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:01 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
I must say.........

If this Jake Gyllenhall guy is what most people think is huge and muscled, no wonder people look at me like I am some freak from another planet! And some of those comments that were left on that site....LOL!!!! Gotta laugh

To me and my perception, this guy has a LITTLE muscle, but nothing that would make me want to cross the street to shake his hand. And looks, well, that is subjective and in the eye of the beholder....but he does absolutely nothing for me whatsoever.

I like them much bigger than this!

D
  #3   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2009, 06:02 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Jake in Prince of Persia

I agree with Lifter73 -- ole Jake isn't that big.

He's cut, per the striations you see on his deltoids on top of his bare arm, but otherwise, he's not that big. He's very handsome, which really helps.

Also the commenter on the site is making fun of the development Jake achieved for the movie, which is another example of how the media tries to have it both ways: "Ewww, muscles are gross" and "Oh [lower voice 2 octaves] muscles are SEXY!"

Make up your mind!!

Pick Sexy!

Mdlftr
  #4   Add to ljobenza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Master of the Neko

ljobenza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ljobenza
You know women's taste in men have highly degraded when they want men as thin and malnourished as possible or for metrosexuals, looking more and more like women themselves.
  #5   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2009, 11:18 AM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
Agreement with Lifter

I'm with you Lifter; I like 'em much bigger and beefier, too! However, if there are any guys on this forum built like you, but with Jake's eyes, please message me! Not that I'm assuming that your eyes aren't sexy, but you probably know what I mean. Jake is puuuurrrty, no doubt about that, but given the choice between him and someone like Kai Green, I'd probably take Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifter73 View Post
If this Jake Gyllenhall guy is what most people think is huge and muscled, no wonder people look at me like I am some freak from another planet! And some of those comments that were left on that site....LOL!!!! Gotta laugh

To me and my perception, this guy has a LITTLE muscle, but nothing that would make me want to cross the street to shake his hand. And looks, well, that is subjective and in the eye of the beholder....but he does absolutely nothing for me whatsoever.

I like them much bigger than this!

D
  #6   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2009, 12:00 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlftr View Post
I agree with Lifter73 -- ole Jake isn't that big.

He's cut, per the striations you see on his deltoids on top of his bare arm, but otherwise, he's not that big. He's very handsome, which really helps.

Also the commenter on the site is making fun of the development Jake achieved for the movie, which is another example of how the media tries to have it both ways: "Ewww, muscles are gross" and "Oh [lower voice 2 octaves] muscles are SEXY!"

Make up your mind!!

Pick Sexy!

Mdlftr
I agree. He's nice...But not nearly close to "big" as we really like em.

"Beefcaked within an inch of his life"...erm...not really.

It seems like the media (as always in it's stupid existance) can't make up it's biased mind. Back in the 90's (wonderful decade, grew up during that) Fabio was the biggest name around for women's (and possibly a few of us) fantasies since he appeared so many times on romance novels...Not that I uhh...read any...

Anyways *ahem*...Fabio was, and still does have an impressive body, but since it seems like any man with muscles larger than a stick is considered by a lot of women today to be "gross" it seems like.

Besides all that, Jake's best role was in The Day After Tomorrow anyways.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #7   Add to divis24's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2009, 05:35 PM

divis24
Hey all,

I've got just a little different perspective on this (to add to, not detract from, any others); when I see a guy with a build like the one Jake's sporting now *in person*, I do find it attractive and impressive. Yet in pictures or videos, he would, indeed, appear small, even puny.

I've been wondering, though, if I do myself a disservice by fantasizing about ever-larger physiques, when it makes someone who's (to me) a hottie like Jake seem somehow less worthy. Not that I'm likely to enjoy quality time with Jake or a Jake-a-like any time soon, but my guess is I'm *significantly* less likely to find myself in the embrace of the gods we discuss and portray here.

***This is NOT intended as a comment on anything other than what's been going through my mind lately about myself. I have neither the desire nor the standing to comment on anyone's tastes but my own.***

Cheers,
divis24
  #8   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Come up 2 the lab

Thanked 1,280 Times in 508 Posts
anpuZA will become famous soon enough
Yummy

Sorry, but that works for me. Jake has always been overly sexy for me even when he was toned down and from the photo alone I suspect he has definitely gone "upgrade". I hope he keeps the build from now on... I mean, yeah I like big guys and if he looked like Ben Affleck in the other thread it would even be better, but in all honesty if he got all romantic with me looking like that (even in the getup) I would probably not last 10 minutes of his attention.
  #9   Add to helliot's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2009, 07:11 AM

helliot is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to helliot
To me it's also about the change. These Hollywood guys change bodies like costumes. So when Tyler Lautner, Ben Affleck, Jake G, etc., put on a large amount of muscle in such a short amount of time, it comes scarily close to the fantastic growth we see in our stories and morphs.
  #10   Add to Geek2Jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2009, 08:36 AM

Geek2Jock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Geek2Jock
Quote:
Originally Posted by helliot View Post
To me it's also about the change. These Hollywood guys change bodies like costumes. So when Tyler Lautner, Ben Affleck, Jake G, etc., put on a large amount of muscle in such a short amount of time, it comes scarily close to the fantastic growth we see in our stories and morphs.
I'm not sure if it really happens all that fast; instead, we only see them during promotional photo shoots which occur months or even a year or more apart, when their upcoming productions are being promoted. Prior to promotion, the filming and editing had to take place, and prior to that the actor had to 'fill' the part! So while we're only just now seeing Jake's progress, it could represent a year or more of work to achieve those results. Add to this that it's part of their job to fulfill these physical demands and that's why they can afford to go off for 3-6 months with a personal trainer to achieve results a lot faster than those of us who have real jobs!
  #11   Add to helliot's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2009, 09:04 AM

helliot is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to helliot
I do think it's fast for that very reason. These guys can dedicate themselves full-time and afford the best personalized training. It's basically their job before filming.
  #12   Add to ydt81's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 7th, 2009, 04:33 AM

ydt81 is on a distinguished road
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by divis24 View Post
Hey all,

I've got just a little different perspective on this (to add to, not detract from, any others); when I see a guy with a build like the one Jake's sporting now *in person*, I do find it attractive and impressive. Yet in pictures or videos, he would, indeed, appear small, even puny.

I've been wondering, though, if I do myself a disservice by fantasizing about ever-larger physiques, when it makes someone who's (to me) a hottie like Jake seem somehow less worthy. Not that I'm likely to enjoy quality time with Jake or a Jake-a-like any time soon, but my guess is I'm *significantly* less likely to find myself in the embrace of the gods we discuss and portray here.

***This is NOT intended as a comment on anything other than what's been going through my mind lately about myself. I have neither the desire nor the standing to comment on anyone's tastes but my own.***

Cheers,
divis24
lol, I know--isn't the trend strange? It's the effects of new technology, I guess. So much is available for us to choose from that we keep narrowing the bracket down to the rarest and most astonishing physique available.
But in real life, it's a completely different case and our standards are brought back down to reasonable levels. Like you though, I do wonder if my attraction threshold is getting too high. =/
  #13   Add to wolfman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 20th, 2009, 08:46 AM

wolfman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfman
i think that he has well developed muscles, i wouldn't mind having body like that.
here are some photos from last year...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33848111@N03/3937716064/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33848111@N03/3937718748/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33848111@N03/3936942873/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33848111@N03/3937723936/
  #14   Add to ActionHero512's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 20th, 2009, 08:53 AM

ActionHero512
Send a message via AIM to ActionHero512
Wolfman... simply put... these are fantastic!
  #15   Add to myophil's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:47 AM

myophil is on a distinguished road
gah! the morpher strikes again! still hot though lol
  #16   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Finally!

So Jake's getting buffed up for a movie role?

Cool!

'Bout d*mn time!

Mdlftr
  #17   Add to DarkM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 20th, 2009, 04:29 PM

DarkM is on a distinguished road
I think he got buff to play the lead in the coming prince of persia movie. I am a fan of his but he just made me lov him that much more, he huge.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options