The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to redkage's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2009, 04:45 PM

redkage is on a distinguished road
Darkness and Light, Chapter 1

Hello everyone, RedKage and Bruno here! Sometime around a week and a half ago, we posted this chapter of our collab online. However, we decided later that we could have improved on it more, so we took it down. Now, after some revisions and editting, we're re-releasing this story for your viewing pleasures. We hope you all enjoy it!

Darkness and Light
Prologue

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q.../darkroom2.jpg
The first thing he could remember was the darkness. The darkness completely covered him, hiding him from the world as well as hiding the world from him. He could still move around and feel things with his hands. Without his sense of touch, he would never have been able to tell that he was alive, or even existed for that matter.

He was trapped in a cell with no light.

All he had was the darkness. His world consisted of nothing but darkness; there were no windows, no openings of any kind. It was just that small, cubic room which blocked all the light from his eyes and every sound from his ears. Most of the time, he would crawl into a corner and rock himself, trying to keep the mind completely blank, because even mere thoughts could bring the wrath of darkness upon him.

Occasionally, a small rectangular beam of light would snap open from the bottom of the far wall and he could hear something be pushed inside. The light always blinded him, but it only lasted for a second. Immediately he would rush over to where the light had appeared and feel around. When his hand came in contact with an object, he’d raise it up to his face and bite into it ravenously.

He didn’t know exactly what it was, but he was hungry and it sustained him. When he felt a strange fullness pass through him, he would instinctively empty his bowels and bladder, then moved to a different corner. He didn’t try to eat these because a part of his mind knew they were not good for him. For some unexplainable reason, whenever he fell asleep his cell would be completely clean again in the morning.

He didn’t know how long he had been in that place, how long he had been living like a scared little animal. In that chamber, there was no sense of the passage of time whatsoever. The only things he knew were that the shaft of light appeared three times before he grew tired and slept. He couldn’t remember if he had ever been in the world filled with light. All he had was the darkness.

Then all of a sudden, his entire way of life changed dramatically. He was huddled in the corner, rocking himself like always. That day no food had come in after he had awoken. He waited and waited, but no shaft of light appeared, no food came out of the wall. His nose smelled a foul stench that he never noticed before. The source of the odor was from the round objects that he had created, which didn’t disappear like it usually did before. He wrapped his arms around himself, feeling how thin and boney he was. He was hungry. He was so hungry it started to hurt. The light should have appeared twice already, but it still hadn’t come. What was wrong? Why didn’t the light come?

He ran around desperately, trying to find a way out, but all he felt was smooth, cold wall. Desperately he pounded against them, pleading for help, begging to be let out. All the while the darkness pressed against him, covering him, smothering him. Slowly it enveloped him until finally…

…it swallowed him up whole.

Last edited by redkage; September 14th, 2009 at 07:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to redkage's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2009, 04:46 PM

Darkness and Light
Chapter 1

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...eandDuncan.jpg
?Drake, are you daydreaming again?? Someone shook his shoulder. ?Drake, wake up already!?

Drake blinked as he came out of dreamland. ?Oh, I?m sorry, Duncan, I was just?? The boy never had the chance to finish his sentence because his friend was already heading out of the classroom and into the hallway.

?Come on, the bell already rang! It?s lunch time!? The red-haired freckled-faced teenager waved his arms impatiently. Duncan probably wanted to hurry to the cafeteria before they lose their table to someone else.

Quickly Drake put away his stuff into his bag and followed Duncan, shaking his head to try and forget about his nightmare.

It was a nightmare he had had ever since he could remember. He knew it was a dream, but he couldn?t forget the suffocating feeling of the darkness pressing down on his body. It wrapped around him, slowing eating away at his sanity before he finally woke up screaming in the middle of the night, unable to calm down until after his father came and held him to calm him down. Even after the sun rose and brought in a new day, the fear?s grip was too strong to be brushed off so easily. The worst part of it all was not the nightmare, but the sense of unrest and nervousness that carried over throughout the day.

Why do I keep on having these dreams? He asked himself, but in his mind a chilling voice replied.

It is because you are destined to be consumed in the cold heart of darkness!

He hoped with every fiber of his being that that wasn?t true.

Drake knew his fear was abnormal. Who heard of a teenager who was afraid of the dark? He looked and acted like a regular, healthy nearly 16 year old boy, however when it came to the dark he found himself reverted to the crying adolescent again. His father once explained to him that the darkness was just an absence of light as was nothing to be afraid of, but that was what scared him the most. What if all the light in his life suddenly vanished? The mere idea of being surrounded by darkness would send him into turmoil, make him hyperventilate and break out in a sweat. Briefly he slowed down to calm himself down before he had an anxiety attack.

That was just a bad dream after all. It had to be.

Taking several deep breaths, Drake tried to focus on other things like his own hunger. Suddenly he was thankful for the fact that he was born with a huge appetite, because his stomach was growling so loudly that his body?s demand for food forced his mind to drop the nightmare worries for the moment.

?Are you coming or what?? Duncan suddenly yelled at him when he noticed that Drake had started to lag behind. The long haired Asian-American lad grinned as he briefly jogged to catch his equally gluttony pal, and the two friends followed the hallways straight to the cafeteria, but unfortunately when they got there a huge line had already formed.

?Great, when our turn comes we?ll have nothing but meatloaf!? Duncan cursed as he got his tray.
?I knew I should have ditched you back there when I had the chance. Hey Drake?Drake!? Duncan hit Drake?s arm when he noticed that his friend once again had that distracted look on his face. ?What?s the matter with you, Drake? You?ve been acting weird all morning!?

Duncan shook his red head as the line slowly moved forward.

Meanwhile, Drake had barely listened to his friend, still deep in thought. He didn?t even notice several people checking him out or the two brave students who slipped their phone numbers into his backpack. The dark long haired 15 year old boy had strong Asian features, combined with some traces of Caucasian ancestry, a combination that made him look rather attractive.

The almond shaped eyes of Drake were a dark brown and he had high cheekbones to accentuate the handsome features of his face along with the copper-toned tan skin and the brilliant silky dark long hair that was neatly braided. Such dazzling ensemble always made the young Drake Young stand out from the rest of his teenage peers.

It was amazing that someone as cute as him to still be single.

After a long wait, the two finally reached the actual food counter and Duncan nudged Drake back to reality. They began to select several items and put them on their trays. Most of the edible things were already taken, but the two boys were lucky enough to get there before the last hamburger was taken. Right away, Duncan dived to snatch it away before Drake could even notice it, but since Drake didn?t really mind the horrible taste of the school?s infamous meatloaf, he decided to let Duncan at least get the last hamburger of the day.

The two friends headed to their usual table right at the very far left corner of the room, far away from the disputed central area where the jocks, cheerleaders, and overall popular kids at Truman High liked to parade their ?celebrity status? and (literally) be the center of attention. Such ridiculous social standings that reinforced cruelty and shallowness of a typical high school environment didn?t seem to bother Drake as much as it influenced his best friend Duncan O?Malley.

Duncan was actually a very active and emotional young man. Not only he was editor of the school gazette, treasurer of the Student body; the red lad even played for the basketball team even though he was mostly as a bench warmer. Although he had a wide social range, Duncan didn?t seem to fit in any of the school circles. Despite the fact that he had a hand and a toe in a dozen different types of clubs and activities, he was still pretty much considered ?average.? His grades weren?t that great to be considered a nerd and neither was the red haired teenager unconventional enough to hang out with the ?freaks?.

The only one who accepted Duncan as he was, without the need to label him according to school stereotypes, was Drake, the new transfer student at the beginning of last school year, another pariah in the merciless teenager social hierarchy. The two of them met by bumping into each other in the halls in-between their common classes, and as least probable it might sound the shy new transferred student and the big mouthed red haired lad who was running for Presidency of Student Body immediately clicked; after that chance encounter they immediately hit it off and were best friends ever since.

Like almost every other day, they usually spent their entire lunch time at the table, where Duncan watched his friend eat slowly but constantly. Duncan O?Malley knew that if it weren?t for the half hour limit to the lunch period, Drake Young would take a whole hour, which was boring for anyone to watch.

So, Duncan devoured his burger quickly while Drake gently opened his milk cartoon in the typical calm manner. The long haired kid neatly always arranged and displayed his food before he could start eating, one of the few things that hit Duncan?s nerve. Try as he might, he couldn?t break Drake out of that unnecessary habit to organize his food and eat as if he were in some sort of fancy French restaurant. So instead of bringing it up again, Duncan just nodded along, knowing that Drake would never lose that obsession for tidiness.

In fact, everything about Drake was always so proper and in order. There wasn?t a stray hair or a single wrinkle on his clothes anywhere. Speaking of clothes, Drake always wore the same type of crisp long sleeved buttoned down shirts which were tucked into his slacks (not jeans, slacks.) The lad usually spoke properly, avoiding the usage of slang, and he always tried his best to be courteous and polite to everyone. Frankly, there were times that Duncan imagined if his best friend Drake had come straight out of a fifties sitcom.

?So how did you do on that pop quiz in Bio? I swear, Mrs. Rogers is out to get me cut from the team. Those questions were killer!? Duncan commented while he gulped down his orange juice, and then looked up when Drake didn?t reply right away.

?Yes that quiz was indeed quite hard!? Drake agreed without taking his eyes from his tray. He gently removed the plastic cutlery from the bag and set the fork and knife on each side of his tray; then he grabbed the ketchup packet and carefully bit the right corner to apply the condiment over his meatloaf slice. Finally, Drake looked at his friend and smiled nicely. ?Enjoy your lunch!? He told him while the table partner already cleaned the burger grease from his lips.

?You still didn?t tell me your score?? Duncan insisted, mostly because he knew that Drake always felt embarrassed when he had to disagree with the red head?s frank opinions. One of the few things that amused O?Malley was causing Drake Young to get uncomfortable and watching how he diplomatically tried to avoid being cornered.

?I, er, I believe I received a B minus?? Drake told him, although he knew that Duncan could tell he was clearly lying.

?Oh come on, you didn?t get another A plus?? Duncan said, seeing straight through Drake?s obvious lie, while Drake just continued eating politely.

?Man, Mrs. Roger must be pissed! That?s the third A plus you got on her pop quizzes! She?s famous for taking pleasure in ruining her student?s grades with these monster tests, and you just waltzed on in and beat her at her own game!? Duncan laughed when he noticed Drake?s face turning into various shades of red.

Drake shook his head nervously as he took a delicate bite of his food into his mouth. ?I just answered what I knew about the subject??

?And from the looks of it, you knew just about everything.? Duncan poked Drake?s right shoulder ?I bet you?re already done with all of the exercises in the textbook for the rest of the year, am I right??

That time even Young had to laugh ?Well it is always good to be advanced in your studies. Besides, I can use the free time at the gym?

?Dude, you?re the geekiest guy in this entire school!? Duncan added as he tapped Drake?s shoulder. ?I don?t even know how you manage to study that hard and still pack so much muscle in such little time!?

Drake shrugged ?I like to study, there is so much to learn in the world and I love to read. And also, I just like the feeling of?how do you say it? ?Pumping up my body???

?Well, isn?t this ironic?? Duncan chuckled. ?At your first workout I had to drag you to the gym with me but now look at you! You just added nearly 60 pounds of muscle in less than a year! That is really impressive!? Duncan once again complimented Drake on his tremendous physical achievements, another detail that caused his friend to go immediately red.

Drake certainly was a very intriguing person; probably the only guy who loved to go to the gym but was also too shy to flaunt the changes in his body. Drake?s physique would have immediately got him in with the ?in? crowd, but Drake?s shy attitude prevented that. Still, it was that honest kind of modesty that Duncan liked most about his friend.

When Drake joined Truman High, 16 months ago, he was a typical average teenager at 5?6? tall and 135 pounds of lean muscle, which, added to his eastern features lead everyone to conclude he was some kind of martial arts champion, especially because of the way he dressed and long hairstyle he kept. During the first week, there were a lot of people who asked him to perform some sort of kung-fu or karate stunt just to make fun of him, but Drake always shook his head shyly.

Duncan and Drake were already friends for a couple months when O?Malley finally convinced the overly shy Young that both of them could use some physical improvement; in fact Duncan had browbeaten Drake into agreeing. And that was how the inseparable Young-O?Malley duo joined the school gym.

Sixteen months later, while Duncan mostly got rid of his excessive baby fat weight which secured him the position on the basketball school team, Drake had undergone a tremendous physical transformation, although in the short span of a week the difference was already noticeable as his muscles began to fill up and develop. Everybody noticed how fast that boy was growing, but they blamed it on puberty. Soon, Drake had gone from his average ?martial arts champion? lean build to much stronger standards.

Growing nearly 4 inches taller, Drake was now 5?9 and ? inches tall, but he also had gained amazing 67 pounds of solid muscle which made him one of the beefiest guys in the entire school at 202 pounds. Young was heavily packed with lean, solid and veined muscle and owned several of the school records and titles for not only strength records, but also the 100 meter and the 200 meter dash.

Drake was actually only a few pounds lighter than Bryan Higgins, the school?s varsity team biggest player, but his muscular composition was by far much leaner and in better condition compared to the jock?s fat encased bulk. In sum, Drake had the body of a god, and combined with the face of a model, he was by far the best looking guy in the whole school, though Drake himself didn?t seem to notice his own popularity.

?Duncan, wake up! You are not daydreaming again, are you?? The polite yet teasing tone in Drake?s voice gently forced Duncan to snap out of his trance. Duncan blushed as deep as his hair when his best friend caught him doing the exactly same thing that pissed him off, but in this case, O?Malley pretty much knew that his daydreams were very, very naughty.

?I'm sorry, I was just thinking about my next editorial for the school paper.? Duncan lied just like all other times he got caught silently admiring the hard bulges on Drake?s body. Unlike Drake however, he could come up with a perfect fitting excuse for his absent mindedness. Still, he would have to deal with the intense blush in his freckled cheeks and the boner between his legs, but luckily for him Drake was too innocent to notice these things.

Drake always was very discrete and polite, yet he couldn?t avoid laughing at the ironic situation, his arm was still on Duncan?s shoulder when he threw his head back, something that he would surely regret, because of the ripping sound that soon followed such strong and unforeseen gesture, especially when Young?s shirts got tighter each day.

The sleeve simply blew apart. The inseams broke around the thick muscular shoulder and the 18? amazingly developed biceps, exposing the rugged sculpted arm to the world. As he turned around quickly to investigate, the sudden movement caused his muscles to flex and bulge fast and hard. This was too much for the cheap shirt as a rip tore down the middle and several buttons popped off from the front, leaving his shirt in shreds. The long haired muscular hunk suddenly was naked from his waist up in the middle of a busy school cafeteria, which just made Drake so embarrassed he could just die.

?Oh no, not again!? Drake lamented as he noticed that another shirt of his was ruined.

Duncan didn?t laugh at such setback, he was actually too horny to laugh, yet he focused to help his friend in the need.

?Do you have another shirt with you?? He asked Drake very discretely. Even though they were sat at the most secluded table of the cafeteria, all the eyes soon focused their gazes towards the muscular Asian hunk, who was blushing so hard.

?That WAS my second shirt, I ripped the first during the first class, and I just like to buy them in the same color so no one will notice I?ve changed.?

?Maybe it?s time you stop shopping at the thrift store and buy something that actually fits?? Duncan suggested. ?Otherwise you?ll have to buy two or three shirts every day at this rate.?

?But?two shirts a day is expensive!? Drake said as he tried to cover his magnificent body with his arms, but that only let people see more of his rippling biceps and triceps. ?And all the other stores have such bold and eye catching designs, I do not wish to draw attention to myself.?

?Well, you have nothing to be ashamed, dude. Your body is amazing, and all the guys are jealous of you. And as for the girls?? Duncan pointed at his right side, trying to comfort his friend by showing him just how successful his muscles were in school.

Just then a 5?7? blond bombshell with perfect contours displayed by her tight and sensual clothes approached with her usual provocative smile.

?Hey there muscles, give me a call one of these days!? Sharon Stewart, the head cheerleader giggled as she handled Drake her number written on a napkin, but the Asian lad simply didn?t know how to react.

?Way to go, Bruce Lee!? The narrow minded Buck yelled from the other side of the cafeteria, and the other jocks cheered for the fact Drake was hit by one of the school?s hottest girls, but Young was really just ashamed, the look on his face showed how he hated to be under the spotlight, so Duncan knew he had to help him once again. Standing up, he walked over to Bryan Higgins and held his hand out.

?Give me your jacket.? He told him bluntly to a football player who was twice his size and could break him like a twig.

?Huh? Why?? Bryan asked.

?This is a high school fashion emergency and use of your jacket is required to uphold the mental stability of my comrade.? He spoke quickly, using some difficult terms to try and overwhelm the slow witted football player.

?And what if I don?t?? Bryan crossed his arms defiantly.

Seeing he needed to take this a bit further, Duncan leaned forward and spoke soft enough so that only Bryan would be able to hear. ?If you don?t, I?ll run an article about the stuff you do in the locker rooms after all your other football buddies leave.?

Bryan?s eyes widened as he took of his jacket as fast as he possibly could. ?Here, take the jacket! Just don?t say anything!?

Duncan smiled broadly. ?I knew you?d see it my way.? He said almost cheerfully as he took the jacket and brought it back to his table. Once again, journalism has saved the day.

?Put this on, Arnold! This is not the place for you to show off like that!? Duncan said as he threw Drake the letterman jacket he had just borrowed. Although his tone was a loud and playful it actually was the perfect cover for the real meaning of his act, which was rescuing his best friend from such situation without making him look bad.

?T-thank you, Duncan!? The long haired muscle hunk quickly pulled on the jacket, even though it made him look even hotter. With the jacket on and the top few buttons of his shirt undone, he looked like a huge high school jock. The result was so impressive that many people started whistling at the impressive hot dude.

Most of the time Drake wore baggy clothes to hide his physique, but many people have noticed how the sleeves would fill up whenever he bent his arm, or how his ass would plump out whenever he bent down to pick something up. Also, Drake seemed to rapidly outgrow his clothes, a shirt that was baggy before would become tight within a few short weeks! Word of mouth spread from those who worked out in the gym of seeing Drake wearing a skimpy tank top. Now, everyone in the entire school knew of his surprisingly muscular physique and that Drake Young was a muscle hottie.

Drake didn?t seem so bothered with all the commotion he caused now that he had something covering his body, despite the fact it only accentuated the amazing shape and strength of his arms. Fortunately everyone else grew bored once moreand began to move on as if nothing had happened, so the shy guy just felt so much better than he immediately tried to focus into his unfinished lunch. It was hard to believe that such quiet boy ate so much, but always chewed his food thoroughly before swallowing.

After these few moments, however, the commotion created by the ripping of Drake?s clothes, the cafeteria had returned to its boring normalcy. Duncan actually the both of them a more agitated social life. It was then that Duncan spotted Coach Sanders walking towards their table, and the smart red head could tell that things were about to get rather interesting again.

?Oh look, apparently its Drake appreciation day and your biggest fan is coming.? Duncan teased as the strong bodied assistant coach Greg Sanders approached.

The muscular 6?2? 230 pounds young brown haired man used to be the star athlete of the Truman Football team, but he didn?t pursue a career in professional football like most of people assumed. Instead, Sanders came back with a degree in physical education and got the job as assistant coach.

Everybody knew that the main Coach Jason Jenkins was going to retire at the end of that school year, and Greg Sanders was just anxious to start what he called ?a new era for Truman High?. All of the sports teams were already benefiting from his excellent and innovative coaching techniques, but people knew that would compare to nothing once Greg got promoted to head coach.

As soon as Duncan mentioned Coach Sanders, however, Drake suddenly felt really uncomfortable. He knew exactly what Sanders was after, and he just wanted to stand up and get out before Coach arrived, but it was already too late for that.

?I knew you would be here Young. I gotta say you?ve put on quite a show today, but you can?t run away from me this time!? Sanders big hand landed on Drake?s shoulder while the assistant coach gently placed his clipboard on the table in front of the paralyzed student?s tray. ?Say, isn?t that one of our football player?s jackets? Did you join the team when I wasn?t looking??

?Oh, hi? Coach Sanders.? Drake asked trying not to sound too scared. ?No, I am just?borrowing this for today, I plan on returning it to Bryan tomorrow.? It took his entire will to prevent himself from trembling under the touch of the big man.

Coach Sanders laughed and sat down with the boys at their table ?Oh yes, I heard you had a wardrobe malfunction while I was coming in. Still, that jacket looks mighty fine on you boy! If you want one with your own name on the back, you just have to join a team, and I mean ANY team: Wrestling, Football, Basketball, any of them will do. Heck if you don?t like any of them, just tell me what you want to play and I?ll make the team for it. Hell, I?ll even pay for the equipment with money from my own pocket if I have to.?

Greg spoke very loudly, which definitely got the attention of the surrounding students.

Drake felt his voice fading as he repeated the same old excuse ?Coach, I told you before that I really do like sports and I?m glad you think I have potential, but I?m not sure if I qualify for any team??

?Oh come on, boy!? Sanders insisted, pointing at the massive muscles exposed by the muscle T he borrowed from Duncan. ?That?s a great gift you have, and I won?t let you waste your talent! You?ve packed on muscle unlike any other I?ve seen. You?ve got the strength and the stamina to excel in any sport you pick. With an athlete like you, and the right coach like me, we?ll bring so many trophies home that they?ll need to build a bigger cabinet!?

?Yeah, Drake you should totally do it, man!? Duncan told his friend. Personally, Duncan wanted Drake to join the basketball team, but his friend always said he knew nothing about the game. However, Duncan knew that beneath that shy attitude was a serious player. Whenever he and Drake played one-on-one, Drake completely blew him away with his agility and hand-eye coordination. Hell, the only reason Duncan won some of those games was because Drake held back and let him win to save him from the embarrassment.

Instead of jumping at another chance however, Drake shook his head. ?Coach Sanders, the reason why I can?t join any team is because my family is always moving.?

Greg waved his head as he once again placed his hands on Drake?s shoulder ?But you?ve been here for almost over a year now. I know if we talked to your Dad we can convince him to let you finish High School here in this town.?

Drake looked really disappointed. ?I want that more than anyone, coach, but I cannot promise you such a thing. It is only my Dad and I at home, and his job requires constant city relocations. We never know when we are going to suddenly have to pick up our things and leave, and I would feel too guilty to pull out of the team in the middle of the season. It would not be fair to everyone else. I am sorry but I cannot choose sports over my dad.? Not waiting for a reply, Drake stood up and walked away leaving Coach Sanders, Duncan and his half eaten meatloaf behind

Coach Sanders felt his enthusiasm fading away as an incredibly strong and talented kid walked away from him. The blond assistant coach looked over at the red head student still seated at the table.

?Is he serious about that?? Sanders asked. ?That seems a later weak excuse if you ask me.?

?I think so too, coach.? Duncan acknowledged. ?Drake?s been dropping hints that he might be moving sooner or later because of his dad?s work, but honestly I don?t know if his Dad?s really that heartless. From what I know, they barely stay in one place for more than a few months, so I?m guessing he?s having a hard time fitting in, so maybe he?s afraid of causing his Dad trouble. Now pardon me, but I have to get going. Best friend stuff, you understand.? Duncan excused himself and rushed to catch up with Drake.

Together the boys calmly walked out to the school patio, both uncomfortable with the awkward silence that suddenly established between them. Neither wanted to be the one to break it, though Duncan knew he had to eventually. However, the expression on Drake was so sober that he couldn?t do it right away, so the two of them just sat under a tree and watched the other students walk by until the bell rang.

Lunch was over and the both of them went their separate ways for their individual classes, but none of them was able to concentrate at all during final period and were both more than grateful when the bell rang. As soon as school was over and they met at the corner and headed back home like they did every day, Duncan rushed and stood in front of his best friend, gently stopping Drake?s with his hand over the strong boy?s chest.

?You think your dad is gonna move again? Is that why you?ve been acting weird all day?? He asked him.

?Y-yes.? Drake didn?t want to admit it was also due to his nightmare. ?I caught him looking at real estate agencies on the internet. He usually does that when another move is coming along.?

?Perhaps you should talk to him. Maybe you can stay with relatives while he?s away. I mean, you?ve only got a few short years of school left. Before you know it, you?ll be headed to college.? Duncan tried to cheer Drake up. He really hated to see his friend so down.

?I?m not going to college; my dad doesn?t have the money.? Drake replied with a kind of calm acceptance struck Duncan hard.

?Drake, that?s just ridiculous! You?re a fucking genius! You have to go to college! On top of that, if you play for any team, we both know you?re gonna be a star in no time. You can get full scholarships and that?ll take care of all of your financial problems! What kind of dad can refuse a chance to give his son a full education? I mean, he?s you dad, after all.? Duncan tried to encourage him.

?I know,? Drake replied, but his expression still didn?t lighten. ?Things are just?complicated. I thought this time we would stop moving. He had promised me we would be settling down in this city, but lately he has been acting weird again, and he always tell me not to join any clubs or sports team, because that would make things worse for us when we move.?

?Well, maybe if Coach Sanders talked to your dad, he can convince him otherwise.? Duncan said hopefully. ?I know he wants the best for you?? Duncan never thought he could sound so friendly and understanding with someone, but that?s the thing about Drake Young; no one can get mad at him, because he was always so gentle and so kind. Those shallow kids who never paid attention to him past his body didn?t know what a great friend he could be. True, it had been a little difficult to get Drake to open up at first, but after he got to know him better, he was really amazed by what he found.

Finally, Drake shook his head and tried to feel better. ?Maybe I am just seeing things that are not there at all, I am going to talk to my dad and get things straight.?

?That?s the spirit, dude!? Duncan encouraged Drake?s positive attitude, determined not to let his friend fall into the slump again. ?And even if your dad really has to move, perhaps he can let you stay with my family! You know my parents are just crazy about you. They?ll love having you to move in with us!? Duncan just pointed out another great solution but Drake just froze.

?Stay with your family? No, no, that is impossible! I mean I would never want to cause any problem to you or your parents?? Drake seemed actually nervous.

?Hey dude, calm down, it wouldn?t be a problem at all.? Duncan reassured him. ?You know we have an extra room since my brother got married. Besides, we still don?t know if you?re really moving or not yet!? Duncan tried to comfort his over worried friend. He knew that for someone as kind and modest like Drake, staying with another family would be definitely too much to ask. But even so, the O?Malley family would happily accept him like another member of the family. Duncan already considered Drake as a brother.

?That?s very nice of you, Duncan, b-but I can?t leave my dad alone, because?well he didn?t leave me alone when he could perfectly just continue on his own life. He did adopt me and raised me as if I were his own child. The least I could do is show him that we can be a family even if we have to move so much.? Drake tried to explain, but he realized Duncan still couldn?t quite understand what his father really meant for him.

The friends reached the point where they usually parted. Duncan taped his slightly taller friend?s shoulder. ?Just talk to your old man, Drake. I?m sure that?s gonna make you feel better about this whole thing!?

Drake Young hesitated, and then hugged his friend tightly to Duncan?s surprise. ?Thank you.?

Duncan blinked at Drake in surprise, but smiled back. ?Anytime, dude? He said and they finally parted.

Drake?s smile now shone in his thin lips, displaying that how he truly enjoyed knowing that someone else other than his father actually cared about him. The O?Malleys were truly good people, warm, friendly and adorable, and that?s precisely why he would never live with them.

Drake Young would never dare to put such lovely innocent people through the misery he carried with him.

Last edited by redkage; September 14th, 2009 at 07:52 PM.
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Ooh! Very intriguing! And Drake is HOT!

More please and soon!

xoxo

Richard
  #4   Add to Brave_Wolfie's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:09 PM

Brave_Wolfie is on a distinguished road
Great story! Nothing less than what I expected from you. xD

Random side note: For some reason, a character you drew up reminds me of Totally Spies. <_<

Last edited by Brave_Wolfie; September 14th, 2009 at 07:17 PM.
  #5   Add to tagsnola's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:57 PM

tagsnola is on a distinguished road
I was gonna say "intrigued," RP...

... But you stole my word!

- TagsNOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post

More please and soon!

xoxo

Richard
  #6   Add to GodlyFratboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Reader not Eater

GodlyFratboy is on a distinguished road
Hmmm...

Amazing start fir another story... Kinda creepy intro, I have a fear of being left alone in darkness also... Really makes ya relate to your characters
  #7   Add to redkage's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 15th, 2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post

More please and soon!

xoxo

Richard
Yes, Drake is hot in his own right. If only he were a bit more cocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave_Wolfie View Post
Great story! Nothing less than what I expected from you. xD

Random side note: For some reason, a character you drew up reminds me of Totally Spies. <_<
Oh? Which character? And this is a work by me and Bruno (Musl4life) and he really carried the story to great heights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagsnola View Post
... But you stole my word!

- TagsNOLA
Next time be quicker to comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyFratboy View Post
Amazing start fir another story... Kinda creepy intro, I have a fear of being left alone in darkness also... Really makes ya relate to your characters
I believe everyone has some slight fear of the dark. Let's see how it plays in this story though :P
  #8   Add to muscl4life's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 15th, 2009, 05:58 PM
a true SIZE QUEEN

muscl4life is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscl4life
I have to thank redkage for coming to my rescue, if it weren't for his great editting the story would never get in the right track. I am so happy to finally release this story in the forum, because we've been working on this plot for some time now. I can only assure you that the story is still developing, so get ready for another adventure.

Cheers

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options