The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Erpelding's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2009, 05:28 AM

Erpelding is on a distinguished road
The NEW Jay Cutler

Taking his 3rd Mr. Olympia title, I found Jay Cutler more monstrous and masculine than ever.

This is my favourite pic of his colossal shredded mass:

I think, he truly deserved to be crowned 'The Master of Olympus':
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2009, 06:19 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
For whatever reason, he's never appealed to me. I've never quite figured out why: His hair? His attitude? Too damned blocky?

The hair continues to be extremely stupid-looking but I will say that for once he looks actually pretty well-balanced. He's always been massive; now he looks proportional (which makes me think he must be even MORE massive than previously!)

And why he doesn't do it for me at all when Branch Warren -- who really isn't all that different in terms of size, shape, or looks -- completely DOES I couldn't really tell ya.

xoxo

Richard
  #3   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2009, 09:17 AM

mutador
I think he looks great, I'm not very fond of competition physiques, I prefer the bulky off-season look. But he looks very good! His proportions are a little better.
I think he has an amazing body and he's got the prefect genetics for a big muscle man.
  #4   Add to condemned88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2009, 09:20 AM

condemned88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
when Branch Warren -- who really isn't all that different in terms of size, shape, or looks -- completely DOES

Richard
+1 Definitely.
  #5   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2009, 09:29 AM

suma is on a distinguished road
but what the hell happen to his hair in those pics??? that could not have been intentional.
looks like crap.
he's never really done much for me either, altho his look is very much like Dennis Wolfe, Ruhl and others who do get me very excited.
  #6   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2009, 10:09 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erpelding View Post
Jay Cutler 2009
Larry Scott 1965

I know which one I prefer (and it's not the most recent one)
  #7   Add to Rarity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Muscles go with anything~

Rarity is on a distinguished road
He always had a nice body, but his hairstyle always annoyed me. What, he couldn't find a comb or did he accidentally pull a "There's Something About Mary" mistake... You know, where Mary thinks the mystery-man-fluid is hair gel.
  #8   Add to hulkoutlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2009, 11:57 AM

hulkoutlvr is on a distinguished road
I can tell you RP, why Branch does it for you; the same reason he does it for me. While Cutler still looks like an overgrown boy, with his bleached hair and preppy attitude, Branch is a MAN in the best and hottest senses of the word.
  #9   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2009, 06:46 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
For whatever reason, he's never appealed to me. I've never quite figured out why: His hair? His attitude? Too damned blocky?

The hair continues to be extremely stupid-looking but I will say that for once he looks actually pretty well-balanced. He's always been massive; now he looks proportional (which makes me think he must be even MORE massive than previously!)

And why he doesn't do it for me at all when Branch Warren -- who really isn't all that different in terms of size, shape, or looks -- completely DOES I couldn't really tell ya.

xoxo

Richard
Yes, one again Richard has channeled my thoughts! Stop doing that!~

There's just 'somethin' about Jay that sets up a big "meh". He's not exciting, he's not sexy, he seems as sharp as a block o' wood, and his HAIR!!

'nuf said!

[Now, if Mike Mentzer came back from the dead and was healthy.....or if Santoriello got the b*tch tits removed and built back up, well.....]

Mdlftr
  #10   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2009, 08:03 PM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
Quote:
Same. Jay Cutler could fall off the face of the earth and I wouldn't care.
  #11   Add to danilupoa's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2009, 09:28 PM

danilupoa is on a distinguished road
For me he is super hot!!
  #12   Add to burntjello's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 30th, 2009, 11:36 PM

burntjello is an unknown quantity at this point
agreeing with everybody else, something just doesn't do it for me, maybe his not-so-visible abs (specefically in these pictures) and of course the hair, it may be because he doesn't make a very dramatic V, or Y =), he seems a little too big around the waist for my tastes
  #13   Add to Max Mann's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:41 AM

Max Mann is on a distinguished road

Now, if Mike Mentzer came back from the dead and was healthy

Both of you read my mind! Branch to me looks much different facially than Jay. Maybe it's the shaved head and goatee, which I can't picture on Jay, but I've always found short hair and facial hair attractive on men since I can remember. Think of them this way: Jay would be a Ken doll, and Branch a GI Joe. Who would you rather play with?

As far as Mentzer...not only was he the first bodybuilder, he was the first man who ever made me "tingle". I remember watching him win Mr. Universe on "CBS Sports Spectacular" (geez, I'm getting older) and staring at him with a mix of awe and an awakening libido. And then to find he had a brother who looked just like him...such a shame both went so young.
  #14   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:52 AM

I think you nailed it, Max, with the Ken Doll (Jay) vs. G.I. Joe (Branch) analogy. It's funny because I don't think Jay is really that handsome -- he just acts like he thinks he is! :-)

As for the Brothers Mentzer -- Oy! There was the iconic Mike poster, in posers standing next to, oh, I dunno, a stump with a bear skin rug, that you could get at Spencer's Gifts back in the 70s. I never worked up the nerve to buy it but I sure as hell checked it out every time I went to the mall (something we did back in them thar days!)

And better yet was a pic I remember seeing in the predecessor to Flex (Muscle Builder, or whatever it was called), a waist-up black and white pic of Mike in the shower, soaking wet, his sexy hair and mustache and forearm fur all matted down, the water just pouring off of every bulge and crevice -- and his forearms were fricking HUGE!

I bet I haven't seen that pic in 20 years and I don't need to -- it's permanently engraved on my retinas!

xoxo

Richard
  #15   Add to MATUREMUSCLE's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:27 AM

MATUREMUSCLE is on a distinguished road
WHATS WITH THAT HAIRDO...he has a dykes haircut.
and YES TO BRANCH WARREN. When I saw his pics one week out, I thought he could take it all. Well second isnt bad, but he got ripped off.
  #16   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:40 AM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
Uh, guys; that's a new haircut; he never had it before. I agree, it's stupid.

I couldn't disagree more about Branch Warren. He does zero for me. He's ugly as sin, he has dumbo ears, his personality is abrasive and obnoxious. And there is no way he should have been in second place. His structure is terrible, he has no muscle separation at all. All he was was hard and veiny. He shouldn't have even been in the top ten.

It's true that Jay isn't Mister Personality. But on that stage this year, he made all the others look pathetic. The main problem with his physique is a wide waist, and there's nothing he can do about that. But every other part of his body was a radical improvement over last year. Do you all realize how hard that is to achieve when you are at his level? A little respect and credit would be nice.
  #17   Add to Gene's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2009, 03:41 PM

Gene is on a distinguished road
Well, I can't say I like Jay Cutler's new haircut but at least it's different. He'd had that same stupid haircut for so many years. It's like his mother taught him how to comb his hair when he was 8 and he just never learned anything else. Maybe now he'll try something different.
  #18   Add to musclekid's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2009, 04:03 PM

musclekid is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to musclekid
hey jay is a short sob to
  #19   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2009, 04:29 PM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
I never have cared for Jay, and not because his demeanor basically sucks/no class, but his physique to me has always been a little off...although I must confess it looked better this year than it ever has. I would STILL have given first place to Branch Warren.

BTW, how tall is Branch Warren actually. I have seen him guest posing at a contest and he does not appear to be very tall.

D
  #20   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2009, 07:20 PM

Lifter:

Branch is usually listed as 5'7 (sometimes 5'6); offseason I think he gets up to about 270.

xoxo

Richard
  #21   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2009, 07:43 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Mentzer!!

Quote:
As for the Brothers Mentzer -- Oy! There was the iconic Mike poster, in posers standing next to, oh, I dunno, a stump with a bear skin rug, that you could get at Spencer's Gifts back in the 70s. I never worked up the nerve to buy it but I sure as hell checked it out every time I went to the mall (something we did back in them thar days!)

And better yet was a pic I remember seeing in the predecessor to Flex (Muscle Builder, or whatever it was called), a waist-up black and white pic of Mike in the shower, soaking wet, his sexy hair and mustache and forearm fur all matted down, the water just pouring off of every bulge and crevice -- and his forearms were fricking HUGE!

I bet I haven't seen that pic in 20 years and I don't need to -- it's permanently engraved on my retinas!

xoxo

Richard
I have the iconic Mentzer poster of him standing relaxed with his hands on his hips, a slight smile on his face (you never saw him smile and show his teeth) bare chested (sigh!) and wearing 70's style blue shorts. The background of the poster is orangey-red, and a perfect complement to his tan. I have that in my home gym, and it motivates me every time I see it!

I first saw him in a Muscle and Fitness article the summer when I was 19. I was working construction and living 8 hours away from home. It motivated me to grow a mustache - my cousin who was blond, and much more muscular, could only grow this pathetic wisp of a dead caterpillar on his upper lip, while mine was (and still is, despite trimming) a full, manly brush, just like Mentzer's !

I'm not gay, but, man, Mike Mentzer REALLY pushed my buttons! I used to think he was the absolute epitome of masculinity and sexiness. If I looked like him (and had his self confidence) at age 19, I'd be beating the chicks off with a stick!

And then there were the Gallasch Muscle Videos of Mentzer "On the Beach" and "At Muscle Rocks". I loved when he finished a set of pushups on the sand, then stood up and casually used his thumb to brush off the sand from his pecs! [To use Richard's words, "SWOON"] The scene where he oiled himself up, rubbing his pecs and shoulders with baby oil while flexing....
[Words fail me at this point.....]

Memories....muscle...memories

Nobody else comes CLOSE!

Mdlftr
  #22   Add to musclekid's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2009, 07:59 PM

musclekid is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to musclekid
  #23   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:09 PM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
I know this has been said about Lee Priest, but DAMN! His upper arms are bigger than his head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclekid View Post
  #24   Add to kirby_freak15's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2009, 01:40 AM

kirby_freak15 is on a distinguished road
Talking o_O

haha whoa i didn't know so many people didn't like Jay xD I've been his fan since 2001 and knew, the second I saw him, that he would win Olympia one day, and he did!
  #25   Add to LtGort's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:29 AM

LtGort
And I agree with you 100% arpeejay. Cutler does nothing for me. I think it's his square shape, his face isn't very attractive to me, and the hair. Branch though is one of my favorite bodybuilders. He shows masculine, with a thick but shaped body.

Quote:

xoxo

Richard
  #26   Add to musclemaxx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2009, 06:14 AM

musclemaxx is on a distinguished road
I agree with arpeejay 100%.
I think, the problem with Jay is the same as problem with Timothy Dalton as James Bond. Both lack of "raw machismo".

Anyway, I think Jay deserves to be Mr O.
  #27   Add to DragoniteXY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Next door guy

DragoniteXY is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclemaxx View Post
I agree with arpeejay 100%.
I think, the problem with Jay is the same as problem with Timothy Dalton as James Bond. Both lack of "raw machismo".

Anyway, I think Jay deserves to be Mr O.
Au contraire, Mr. Blowfeld !

I think Jay actually doesn't have enough cuteness. He looks like someone who beats his wife/kids - I can't really imagine him being cuddly or sexy. Hell, I can't even put him and 'sexy' in the same though.

(completely unrelated to the fact that he deserves to be Mr. O)

PS I think that his new haircut is actually much better then the old one.

PPS Among big/huge guys who can knock on my door any day, the first place is reserved for superhotultracuteubersexy Erik Fankhouser.
3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality.
  #28   Add to musclemaxx's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2009, 03:34 PM

musclemaxx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoniteXY View Post
He looks like someone who beats his wife/kids - I can't really imagine him being cuddly or sexy. Hell, I can't even put him and 'sexy' in the same though.
O RLY?
  #29   Add to ihavebigpecs's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2009, 04:25 PM

ihavebigpecs is on a distinguished road
too much

love muscular guys. But Cutler and Ronnie Coleman are too big for my tastes.
  #30   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
Jay Cutler lives in Vegas.

For me, that really says it all, right there.

It's always just sorta felt like he epitomizes that slick, manufactured, slightly-greasy-if-you-touch-it universe. All artifice and extravaganza, but when the pyrotechnics stop and the lights go down, the "produced" feel gets a bit hollow. It may look and sound incredible, but still doesn't quite "do it" for you.

I've never been able to root for Jay, to invest in him. There's just nothing that interests me. And that's despite the simple fact that his build is, admittedly, phenomenal. Among the best, and it keeps getting more so -- I, too, agree he deserved the win this year. He looks better than ever! But that isn't the same as wanting him to win. *shrug*

(I have the same issues with Matthew Rush, for whatever reason -- I never understood the appeal, he did nothing for me. Someone else in another thread here, a ways back, summed it up: "he's fuggly". I've had to *EAT* a lot of my words, too, because he really has finally grown into his muscle in just the past few years; his build has gotten sexy as hell, I readily admit! Yet, still... "eh." Somehow just doesn't quite work for me.)
  #31   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclemaxx View Post
O RLY?
...Yeah, no, see... still not sexy. All bright and shiny, like a brand-new penny, for sure!

But none of the sex appeal that, say, Dennis Newman or Marko Savolainen had when they were young & starting out.

(Okay, Marko might be a bit of a personal choice -- I *love* his bloated, massive look. But he was damn hot smaller, too, back when he was starting out before he got really freaky!)
  #32   Add to Username3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 5th, 2009, 02:41 AM

Username3 is on a distinguished road
I don't know why, but I'm actually fine with his hair.
I'm probably just used to it. Besides, it's not like his hair even matters ^^

Anyways, I think he looks great.
I'm curious if he'll be bigger in the future.

Last edited by Username3; October 9th, 2009 at 02:42 AM.
  #33   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2009, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username3 View Post
I don't know why, but I'm actually fine with his hair.
I'm probably just used to it.
C'mon, tell the truth... you just had a thing for those Troll dolls as a kid, didn't you?
  #34   Add to DragoniteXY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Next door guy

Wow... watching that clip, I think that he now looks better then in his teens... weird.

It's interesting how he always had thick waist.
  #35   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2009, 06:13 AM

I don't know what it is about blond bodybuilders. Most of 'em don't do it for me.

Dave Draper was an obvious exception, ditto Mike Francois. Likewise, I always loved Lee Priest (pre-tatts, that is) but I've almost always hated his hair.

Kinda odd, really. In general I like blond hair!

What's the deal?

Richard
  #36   Add to Erpelding's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2009, 10:17 PM

I thought, male muscle growth meant extreme mass and thickness, not "cuteness", "personality" or "machismo". How can you compare Cutler with Larry Scott or Mike Mentzer? Cutler is bigger, but nonetheless hard and dry. This year he brought his best physique since winning the Olympia in 2006 (maybe even surpassing his 2001 form, when he finished runner-up to Ronnie Coleman) with superior size and crisp detail from every angle.

#37   Add to DragoniteXY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 8th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Next door guy

De gustibus non est disputandum .
  #38   Add to Uskathoth's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 8th, 2009, 01:18 PM

Uskathoth is on a distinguished road
And yet he still looks like a drag queen crossed with a mis-proportioned Ken doll. I'm not a big fan of bodybuilders on stage in general (i.e. no body hair at all, weird skin, strange coloring, gaunt faces) but he looks especially plastic. And even when he's off-season and looks more human he still looks nellie as a pink poodle because of that hairdo (hairdon't?).
  #39   Add to cutlerfan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 8th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Master of Muscle RP

cutlerfan has disabled reputation
I like the off season look in general but these new photos have me hooked. He is in the best shape that I have ever seen! He practically has a cobra hood with his traps in one shot. I suspect he is at a turning point between youthful cockiness and mature masculine power. He is just developing an actual hypermasculinity that will hopefully allow his old Ken doll facade to fade away. He looks more human that in anything I have seen before. His attitude may be a way of flaunting his belief in his actual muscle development as opposed to trying to look like he thinks people want him to look. Maybe he is maturing as a man....maybe. Peace
  #40   Add to Erpelding's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:00 PM

Compare:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text